PDA

View Full Version : Game Scores and Analysis

Green26
September 28th, 2008, 12:35 AM
Can you post your team's scores and game analysis, so we don't have to scroll through zillions of pages and posts to get the scores and basics of the games today. Thanks.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 28th, 2008, 12:36 AM
Lehigh loses to Princeton 10-7

Tonight marked the the 3rd time Lehigh failed to score double digits in the last 9 games. In the previous 19 years Lehigh failed to reach double digits 5 times total!! The decline of this offense in incredible.

The fact that they are continuing to regress is extremely alarming. The numbers under Coen compared to the previous 20 years of Lehigh football is almost painful to look at. What's really sad is things only seem to be getting worse. Since the middle of the last year this team/program has slid from solid to mediocre to bad, to downright dreadful. If you take out Georgetown and Bucknell Lehigh is 1-7 averaging about 12 points a game since starting 3-1 last year. Coen is running this ship into the ground and if something doesn't change the damage will take another 3-4 years to fix. I don't see anway this team duplicated last years 5 wins. Wait until November 22 to see the final stamp of ugliness on this season. I don't see how Andy survives another losing record and pasting at the hands of Lafayette if those who support this program really start to voice their opinion.

santosballnewhampshire
September 28th, 2008, 12:38 AM
UNH 42 Dartmouth 6...

this game was basically a blowout right from the beginning, as New Hampshire dominated both sides of the ball from the start to finish. The Defense showed up, and looked good, now the 'Cats can rest up for William and Mary in 2 weeks.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
September 28th, 2008, 12:54 AM
Not my game other than I went to it for fun ;-) But here is from my other post.

Utah 37, Weber State 21
Some random thoughts on the game:

I think Weber gave a pretty good accounting of them selves. The Griz are going to have to step it up this next weekend if I am going to get to watch Weber loose 2 weeks in a row

Weber has some pretty decent receivers and their QB was pretty mobile. He did get sacked a couple times there, but did a decent job of getting rid of it when he had too. Eteuati had some great catches today. Toone had some long ones as well.

Utah didn't get as much pressure on Higgins as I thought they would. But Weber didn't get much pressure on Johnson either, maybe by design?

Anyway, it was a beautiful night for football and I enjoyed watching it.

I thought the officiating was really good. Several no calls that I liked and the rest were all ones that had to be called, thumbs up to the refs today from me. xthumbsupx

katstrapper
September 28th, 2008, 01:19 AM
Sam Houston beats Gardner Webb 49-33 in Boling Springs, NC. Bomar was 22-29 340 yds, 5tds. That is the second consecutive 340 yd passing night for Bomar. Look out, the Kat Attack is explosive.xbowx

Screamin_Eagle174
September 28th, 2008, 03:09 AM
EWU 45 - ISU 31

We won, but it wasn't pretty. Similar to last week against Western, our defense played soft zone coverages and gave up 7-8 yards on almost every play it seemed. Our offense was unstoppable like always, however our receivers need to get it together... I saw 4 bobbled catches... not including the one that was bobbled then sniped out of the air by a corner and returned 50 yards to set up an ISU score.

Through 4 games we've allowed 142 points, and put up 145 of our own... if our defense doesn't show up soon, it could be a long season.

bonarae
September 28th, 2008, 07:46 AM
Harvard lost to Brown in a close game, 22-24. The rainy weather, fumbles and penalties (again) proved too costly for Harvard.

The Crimson jumped to a 13-0 lead early in the 1st half but because of the weather and fumbles, Brown was able to score 14 points leading to the halftime score of 14-13 Brown.
In the third quarter, Brown scored 2 unanswered touchdowns while Harvard had its first sustained drive since the 1st quarter, which unfortunately ended in a field goal.
In the fourth quarter, Brenton Bryant intercepted Dougherty but an offside penalty cost the statistic.
In the last touchdown scored by the Crimson (a O'Hagan pass to Matt Luft), the two-point conversion was no good (a rush for no gain).

Harvard, though outgained Brown but the penalties and fumbles proved too costly for us.

Next stop is Lafayette, which is coming off a win over Penn.

BisonBacker
September 28th, 2008, 08:10 AM
NDSU went up agains Bye this week. Bye was tough and had a couple interceptions against us but NDSU squeaked it out thanks to a safety at the end of the game. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Uncle Buck
September 28th, 2008, 09:15 AM
HU 43 SBU 3

Boring game played in misty weather. SBU struggled offensively and continued to shoot their big toe off. HU played vanilla on O and didn't look like anything special but didn't have to. Leslie Jackman of HU stripped a RB for SBU took it 60 yards the other way for a TD and was #10 play of the day on ESPN.

Col Hogan
September 28th, 2008, 09:30 AM
NDSU went up agains Bye this week. Bye was tough and had a couple interceptions against us but NDSU squeaked it out thanks to a safety at the end of the game. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

And while NDSU was just getting by UBye...UMass hung on against Bye State...no major injuries...:p :p :p

Rob Iola
September 28th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Delaware also had a bye and used the week off productively in terms of better resolving their QB issues...

Sorry danefan - couldn't resist! :D

bobbythekidd
September 28th, 2008, 09:37 AM
http://www.imvu.com/catalog/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpbb2&file=index.php

The video will give a good recap.

Col Hogan
September 28th, 2008, 09:38 AM
Delaware also had a bye and used the week off productively in terms of better resolving their QB issues...

This could get interesting.....xpopcornx

813Jag
September 28th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Southern (2-2 1-0 SWAC) beat Alcorn 15-12 (1-4 0-1 SWAC) in an ugly game. The Jags gained over 450 yards and gave up about 250. QB Bryant Lee got knocked out of the game but returned to throw the game winning 22 yard TD with about 1:50 left in the game.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
September 28th, 2008, 10:25 AM
JMU won in the beginnings of a hurricane in Maine. Ok, that's a slight exaggeration, but there was a Hurricane watch on the coast nearby for a storm named Kyle coming up the North Atlantic. Anyway, the game was in a bit of a rainstorm and remarkably I though the Maine offense played pretty well. They made a couple mistakes, but they still threw very well in bad conditions. Their RB is a pretty large stud himself. At the half, the score was tied a 3-3. JMU dodged a few bullets and created just enough turnovers to outlast Maine. The Maine D seemed to wear down by the 4th quarter and Landers & Co. seemed to steamroll toward the end of the game. 24-10 FINAL in what was a scary game to watch as a JMU fan. Maine will win some for sure in conference play this year.

JackTwice
September 28th, 2008, 10:54 AM
South Dakota State was behind Stephen F Austin 34-6 as late as 5 min left in the third. Then changed the defense and scored 35 straight points in the next 12-15 min taking advantage of 3 interceptions. Then allowed a kickoff return touchdown. Then kicked the go ahead field goal with 1:19 left only to allow SFA to score in :39. Then took the ball down the field and scored the winning touchdown from the 1 with 0 on the clock on their first option play of the year.

SDSU's pass defense is scary right now. I'd like to think they are a playoff team but they have to win the games they are supposed to and pull at least a split with Poly & McNeese (both at home) and with NDSU and SIU (both on the road).

Chi Panther
September 28th, 2008, 10:56 AM
SIU 27 UNI 24

UNI head in @$$xeekx xrotatehx xmadx xsmhx

UNHWildCats
September 28th, 2008, 11:11 AM
And while NDSU was just getting by UBye...UMass hung on against Bye State...no major injuries...:p :p :p
xeyebrowx the final score I saw was Bye State 79 Umass -23

UNHWildCats
September 28th, 2008, 11:12 AM
This could get interesting.....xpopcornx
oh ya, imk sticking around this thread today waiting for dane to show up.

patssle
September 28th, 2008, 11:16 AM
SDSU's pass defense is scary right now

What pass defense? ;)

UNHWildCats
September 28th, 2008, 11:18 AM
What pass defense? ;)
wind sprints?

Grizzaholic
September 28th, 2008, 11:18 AM
xeyebrowx the final score I saw was Bye State 79 Umass -23

UNH, ESPN screwed up the score once again. It was Bye State 79 but Umass did score 23. I just cannot figure it out. Everybody knew Bye St. was soft but Umass decided to just send the cheer squad and played the game with 8 players, 5 being women. Nobody knows what exactly happened during the game because it was not sold out so the game was blacked out with no radio feed either.

Lets hope Umass gets it together for next week.

Grizzaholic
September 28th, 2008, 11:19 AM

I must have missed a thread or two or something. Clue me in on somebody's QB issues please.

89Hen
September 28th, 2008, 11:21 AM
I must have missed a thread or two or something. Clue me in on somebody's QB issues please.
Delaware's. 4 INT's at Furman. xpeacex

JackTwice
September 28th, 2008, 11:22 AM
What pass defense? ;)

Well, there were 4 interceptions so they must have been there sometimes. Just not for the first 2 3/4 quarters and the last 2 minutes of the game.

Grizzaholic
September 28th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Delaware's. 4 INT's at Furman. xpeacex

I see. Thank you kind sir.

Retro
September 28th, 2008, 11:28 AM
McNeese 63
Southern Virginia 7

Well, what kind i say. It was ugly and over 5:00 into the game.. Mcneese up 49 - 0 at half, 1 pass thrown early in second half by 3rd qb to 3rd string wr for td..

We went for it a few times on 4th and short by running instead of kicking a field goal..

We had 2nd stringers in by start of 2nd quarter and cleared the bench..

We basically ran the ball straight up the middle the entire second half..

When SVU scored late in the 4th, our remaining fans all cheered and we shot off the cannon and their players really appreciated that. No sarcasm!

Good crowd despite the lackluster opponent though.

89Hen
September 28th, 2008, 11:31 AM
McNeese 63
Southern Virginia 7
Yeah but SoVa covered with the (+78.5) they were getting on the gohens pool xsmiley_wix

Rob Iola
September 28th, 2008, 11:34 AM
McNeese 63
Southern Virginia 7

Well, what kind i say. It was ugly and over 5:00 into the game.. Mcneese up 49 - 0 at half, 1 pass thrown early in second half by 3rd qb to 3rd string wr for td..

We went for it a few times on 4th and short by running instead of kicking a field goal..

When SVU scored late in the 4th, our remaining fans all cheered and we shot off the cannon and their players really appreciated that. No sarcasm!

How did you dig these guys up? I've camped in Glen Maury Park in Buena Vista (an itty bitty town) and had absolutely no idea that there was even a "University" there. I looked them up - they play college club teams!

19Duke97
September 28th, 2008, 11:43 AM
McNeese 63
Southern Virginia 7

From their media guide...
Southern Virginia opens the season on Saturday, Aug. 30 at NCAA Division I-FCS Morehead State at 7 p.m. It will be the team's first game against an NCAA Division I school. The Knights' home opener is Sept. 6 at Parry McCluer High School against Lincoln (Pa.)

They play at a high school stadium. Scheduling them is almost cruel...xeyebrowx

Rob Iola
September 28th, 2008, 11:47 AM
From their media guide...
Southern Virginia opens the season on Saturday, Aug. 30 at NCAA Division I-FCS Morehead State at 7 p.m. It will be the team's first game against an NCAA Division I school. The Knights' home opener is Sept. 6 at Parry McCluer High School against Lincoln (Pa.)

They play at a high school stadium. Scheduling them is almost cruel...xeyebrowx
Southern Virginia University - SVU - "Special Victims Unit"!

Cocky
September 28th, 2008, 12:04 PM
We won over a ranke opponent but we are in the wrong conference for it to matter.

CrazyCat
September 28th, 2008, 12:16 PM
MSU 37
USD 18

MSU held USD to 4 1st downs and 111 total yards and 0 pts. thru 3 quarters. USD scores 18 in the 4th quarter against the second team.

jmc_jackrabbit
September 28th, 2008, 03:03 PM
What pass defense? ;)

We deserve that.

In fairness, though, SFA runs that gimmicky Texas Tech offense. You know, giant splits between the linemen, one-step drops, etc. They're going to get some passing yards. And as mentioned, we did pick them off four times.