PDA

View Full Version : Coulson: Hofstra uses TOs to beat Stony Brook 43-3

smallcollegefbfan
September 27th, 2008, 07:03 AM
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4182098

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 07:07 AM
xeekx
xeekx
xeekx
xeekx
xeekx
xeekx

I just woke up and saw this score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow. Just wow. Not what I expected at all.

I can't wait to here some recap from the Seawolf and Flying Dutchmen fans. Wow.

Uncle Buck
September 27th, 2008, 08:51 AM
Stony Brook couldn't do anything right, one of those nights where things just snowball and you can't stop it. HU defense did play well and i don't want to leave them out of it. The offense didn't really open it up at all last night, and the weather was just a mist all game. Very vanilla, SBU's offense just couldn't get anything going on their end to help their defense.

And we only missed one kick!

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 08:55 AM
UB, still think Hofstra is that bad?

Uncle Buck
September 27th, 2008, 09:00 AM
DF,
We have a lot of talented Sophs and Juniors, but we are terrible on the O and D line. We still had our share of breakdowns on special teams and i'm not sold on the OC. JMU will steam roll us this week, our defense is just too small at LB to stop their running game. Bucknell might be the only winnable game left on our schedule. You never know, it looks like we're slowly working out the mental kinks, but still a long way to go.

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 09:01 AM
DF,
We have a lot of talented Sophs and Juniors, but we are terrible on the O and D line. We still had our share of breakdowns on special teams and i'm not sold on the OC. JMU will steam roll us this week, our defense is just too small at LB to stop their running game. Bucknell might be the only winnable game left on our schedule. You never know, it looks like we're slowly working out the mental kinks, but still a long way to go.

Well, I hope those kinks get worked out. All Danes fans are rooting for you the rest of the season!xnodx xthumbsupx

Uncle Buck
September 27th, 2008, 09:06 AM
Well, I hope those kinks get worked out. All Danes fans are rooting for you the rest of the season!xnodx xthumbsupx

We need all the help we can get. xnodx

Seawolf97
September 27th, 2008, 10:59 AM
The good news after last night is we cant we lose next week -its our BYE week. The bad news is we face Liberty on 10/11.
Last night was painfull to watch. It was a total breakdown against a fairly strong Hofstra team . I give the Pride credit they took what we gave them and we gave them a lot. The strange thing is that almost 80 percent of the Stonybrook team that almost upset Hofstra last year was on the field last night and wasnt even competitve. Too many mistakes and once again we dug ourselves a hole we couldnt climb out of.
Hofstra's new QB looked pretty good - very poised and growing in confidence. We have alot of work to do or we are looking at a long season.

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 01:02 PM
The good news after last night is we cant we lose next week -its our BYE week. The bad news is we face Liberty on 10/11.
Last night was painfull to watch. It was a total breakdown against a fairly strong Hofstra team . I give the Pride credit they took what we gave them and we gave them a lot. The strange thing is that almost 80 percent of the Stonybrook team that almost upset Hofstra last year was on the field last night and wasnt even competitve. Too many mistakes and once again we dug ourselves a hole we couldnt climb out of.
Hofstra's new QB looked pretty good - very poised and growing in confidence. We have alot of work to do or we are looking at a long season.

Seawolf97
Please help me convince Uncle Buck that Hofstra is not as bad as he thinks they are. I really think the QB they have is going to be a really good QB by the end of the season, and watch out next year.

I think they're play calling is pretty bland, but they are not a bad team. They'll sneak up on a top team in the CAA this year, I'll bet on that.xnodx

Uncle Buck
September 27th, 2008, 01:23 PM
I know we have the talent, i'm just not sure our OC knows how to use it. Last week he waited until the final 48 seconds before opening up the passing game and throwing down the middle of the field. Every pass with him seems to be a bubble screen or something outside the hash, every run seems to be between the guards for that matter.

Size will kill us against the bigger teams, but we're getting better. Still not a playoff team, which is what i want back. We had some great teams in the late 90's and up through 2001. Since then it's been bland football. If we beat or stay close with JMU, i'll feel better.

Go...gate
September 27th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Stony Brook has one win - against us - and it was dominating.

I'm not getting a good feeling about either Colgate or SBU for the rest of this season, even though we managed to beat CCU on a miracle and overcame what is clearly a rebuilding Dartmouth club.

Uncle Buck
September 27th, 2008, 02:43 PM
That win over CCU was unbelievable.

SoCon48
September 28th, 2008, 06:42 PM
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4182098

How many players did C have in this write-up with an outstanding game who didn't actually get to play?

Uncle Buck
September 28th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Believe it or not, he was on the money!

Seawolf97
September 28th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Seawolf97
Please help me convince Uncle Buck that Hofstra is not as bad as he thinks they are. I really think the QB they have is going to be a really good QB by the end of the season, and watch out next year.

I think they're play calling is pretty bland, but they are not a bad team. They'll sneak up on a top team in the CAA this year, I'll bet on that.xnodx

I think part of the conservative play calling by Hofstra is to bring along their improving new QB. Remember he went to the UConn game expecting to carry a clip board and next he is starting against a Big East power. He looks good -he can throw and is not afraid to take off and run with the ball. Hofstra could have a winning season dont know if it will be championship season. But next their QB will have years experience under his belt. he has 3 years ahead of him yet.
Stonybrook on the other hand has much work to do. Too many mental errors and it seems they lost that mental toughness from last year. I dont know what happened after the Elon game but things have gone downhill quickly. As I posted earlier - we scored 9 TD's in our first 2 games and now have 1 TD in 3 games! Something is broke.

Seawolf97
September 28th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Just add on for Uncle Buck -one of Hofstra's losses was to UConn a team I doubt any FCS team would be able to to beat. So count that game with asterisk. I dont know the rest of your schedule but you could go 7-4 again witha rookie QB. Not too shabby.