PDA

View Full Version : Monmouth 2009 non-conference schedule

aceinthehole
September 26th, 2008, 06:43 PM
From Asbury Park Press (NJ):

Monmouth's non-conference schedule for 2009 is made up of road games at Colgate (Patriot League), Coastal Carolina, and Old Dominion (a first year independent in 2009), and a home game with Bryant

Syntax Error
September 26th, 2008, 06:47 PM
From Asbury Park Press (NJ):
Monmouth's non-conference schedule for 2009 is made up of road games at Colgate (Patriot League), Coastal Carolina, and Old Dominion (a first year independent in 2009), and a home game with BryantOnly a single AQ-conference game. xcoolx

dgreco
September 26th, 2008, 06:52 PM
ODU isn't an AQ?

Syntax Error
September 26th, 2008, 06:55 PM
... Old Dominion (a first year independent in 2009)...
ODU isn't an AQ?Not a counter as a member of an AQ conference for the bridge AQ.

aceinthehole
September 26th, 2008, 06:55 PM
It may be that the schedule was set before the bridge-access policy was passed (specifically the CCU games).

While not an overly aggressive schedule (like Albany) its very winable for the Hawks and includes games vs 2 teams who have been recent playoff participants. Wins over Colgate and Coastal would be impressive even if it doesn't met the "earned access" criteria.

dgreco
September 26th, 2008, 07:16 PM
I agree its still a fairly solid OCC schedule. Besides Bryant :D, but next year Bryant will be better

GannonFan
September 26th, 2008, 09:38 PM
Only a single AQ-conference game. xcoolx

Well, in their defense, the Coastal game will be a AQ game in '10 so just give it time, it's only a single year schedule, and it will be easier getting AQ games the following year. And as another poster said, Coastal's earned a spot in the playoffs without an AQ recently. They could've scheduled a bottom of the barrell MEAC team and the schedule would've been weaker even though it would include more AQ conferences.

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 07:27 AM
Pretty good schedule, but I do wish they would have scheduled themselves into a the playoff hunt. Oh well. I guess it is a case of scheduling in advance before the criteria was set.

I'm excited to see the rest of the NEC schedules. Hopefully Sacred Heart won't schedule and sub-DI games and might try its hand at some PL and Big South or MEAC teams.

seahawkfan2007
September 27th, 2008, 07:54 AM
Wagner is picking it up a notch playing @ Delaware St. in 2009, Cornell (Home) in 2010 and @ Cornell in 2011.

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 07:59 AM
Wagner is picking it up a notch playing @ Delaware St. in 2009, Cornell (Home) in 2010 and @ Cornell in 2011.

Good to hear! Del State seems to be scheduling a lot of NEC teams lately.

Hopefully that continues. I'd like to see more NEC-MEAC and NEC-Big South games.xthumbsupx

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 08:01 AM
Albany's schedule isn't really clear at this point. I've heard we have Maine and Fordham. Haven't heard much else. I hope Maine and Fordham are home games.

It would be nice to get 6 home games next year to make up for this year.
Especially with a senior-laden team next year.

dgreco
September 27th, 2008, 08:36 AM
no definite answer for Bryant yet, but on his coach's show on the radio. Coach Fine said they are in talks with Delaware, URI, UNH, Hofstra all for games. I think it will be easy to pick up one of those games now that they will be a DI counter next year. I am surprised they actually got UMass this year.

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 08:45 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see a Bryant-Albany game next year.

Seems to be a good relationships - see basketball schedule.

dgreco
September 27th, 2008, 08:49 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see a Bryant-Albany game next year.

Seems to be a good relationships - see basketball schedule.

I think that will happen. I wonder if SHU actually adds us to the schedule.

Bryant has seemed to do a lot with Ivies. We have almost every Ivy team in every sport multiple times. I wonder if we see that in football in a year or two when spots open up.

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 08:57 AM
Brown hopefully. That could be a good rival for you guys and a good way to establish Bryant in Rhode Island. Especially considering Brown has been pretty decent in the Ivy the last few years.

dgreco
September 27th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Brown hopefully. That could be a good rival for you guys and a good way to establish Bryant in Rhode Island. Especially considering Brown has been pretty decent in the Ivy the last few years.

unfortunately Brown is booked for almost 4 years. I think our best bet is with a Cornell or Dartmouth who we have a lot of scheduling with. I would like to see CAA and PL teams also. I would really like to see a southern Big South team. I would like to see us leave the Northeast in Football. We have been to the West Coast, the Mid West, the South, Southwest, Southeast in all other sports I would like to see football do the same.

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 09:27 AM
unfortunately Brown is booked for almost 4 years. I think our best bet is with a Cornell or Dartmouth who we have a lot of scheduling with. I would like to see CAA and PL teams also. I would really like to see a southern Big South team. I would like to see us leave the Northeast in Football. We have been to the West Coast, the Mid West, the South, Southwest, Southeast in all other sports I would like to see football do the same.

Albany needs a Southeast game too. Haven't played one in a while. When I played we went to FAU and FIU in consecutive years and that really helped with Florida recruiting.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Jacksonville State game on the schedule.