PDA

View Full Version : JMU/ASU Highlights

mcveyrl
September 25th, 2008, 04:13 PM
Well, they're our "Top 3" plays that fans get to vote on every week. Normally we release highlight vids within a couple of days. Wonder what the hold up is??

Here's McGee's kickoff, the TD Pass to Yancey and the fumble near the end.

http://www.jmusports.com/newMediaPlayer/console.htm?type=vod&oemid=14400&id=144927

james_lawfirm
September 25th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Well, they're our "Top 3" plays that fans get to vote on every week. Normally we release highlight vids within a couple of days. Wonder what the hold up is??

Here's McGee's kickoff, the TD Pass to Yancey and the fumble near the end.

http://www.jmusports.com/newMediaPlayer/console.htm?type=vod&oemid=14400&id=144927

McVeyrl:

Congrats on a great game last weekend. I was hoping to see that fumble up close, but that replay is from too far away. From where I was sitting (on the goal line right in front of it), it sure looked to me like his knees were down. However, the refs did not see it that way. And, I have heard a number of App fans say the replay on CN8 showed that it was a fumble. Fair enough, one play does not a game make.

We had fun up there anyway. Please know that should JMU travel to Boone again anytime soon, you and yours are more than welcome at our tailgate.

BTW, what's up with UNH's schedule? They could run the table in the CAA and NOT PLAY Richmond, Delaware, and JMU??? What's wrong with this picture?

mcveyrl
September 25th, 2008, 04:27 PM
McVeyrl:

Congrats on a great game last weekend. I was hoping to see that fumble up close, but that replay is from too far away. From where I was sitting (on the goal line right in front of it), it sure looked to me like his knees were down. However, the refs did not see it that way. And, I have heard a number of App fans say the replay on CN8 showed that it was a fumble. Fair enough, one play does not a game make.

We had fun up there anyway. Please know that should JMU travel to Boone again anytime soon, you and yours are more than welcome at our tailgate.

BTW, what's up with UNH's schedule? They could run the table in the CAA and NOT PLAY Richmond, Delaware, and JMU??? What's wrong with this picture?

I had a great time, too. It was nice meeting you and your family (sorry that the birthday streak had to be messed up).

I will definitely take you up on the tailget offer. I'm hoping to hop over the mountain to an ASU game in October (maybe the 25th).

The UNH schedule is the result of a 12-team league. The way the rotation works out, half the North has to play UD, UR, and JMU and the other half plays W&M, VU and Towson. Last year UMass got the draw, this year UNH gets it.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
September 25th, 2008, 04:51 PM
I think when they first started that rotation UD was awesome, UR was average and JMU sucked. Likewise, Villanova was awesome (Bryan Westbrook anybody?), W&M was good and Towson sucked. My how things have changed, eh?
Sorry Towson, I guess you're the big exception here.

ASU88
September 25th, 2008, 08:50 PM
McVeyrl:
From where I was sitting (on the goal line right in front of it), it sure looked to me like his knees were down. However, the refs did not see it that way. And, I have heard a number of App fans say the replay on CN8 showed that it was a fumble. Fair enough, one play does not a game make.

I was watching on CN8 stream and when the play happened I thought he might have been down as well, but replays did show he was not down and it WAS a fumble.

mcveyrl
September 26th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Here's a link for the coaches show that has more highlights.

The fumble is at around 22:30.

http://www.jmusports.com/newMediaPlayer/console.htm?type=vod&oemid=14400&id=144928

AshevilleApp2
September 26th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Here's a link for the coaches show that has more highlights.

The fumble is at around 22:30.

http://www.jmusports.com/newMediaPlayer/console.htm?type=vod&oemid=14400&id=144928

It was a fumble.

WrenFGun
September 26th, 2008, 01:20 PM
UNH's schedule is a result of the rotations, as others have mentioned. In 2006 and 2007, UNH drew UD (2-0), JMU (0-2) and UR (1-1). Most of the reason UNH made the playoffs last year was because of that murderous schedule (though 'Nova played a similarly murderous schedule that year). They can't afford to risk four losses this year, even with an FBS win, and I'd feel comfortable but not certain with three losses. With that said, it's so tough being in the CAA South because they do not really get the rotations that are beneficial (they draw either UMass or UNH every time) and always have to play the toughies.