PDA

View Full Version : Hoya fans

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 1st, 2005, 12:39 AM
Any G-town fans, LBPop DFW, heading up to Goodman on Saturday? It's about time the Hoyas have to venture back to Goodman, although after the 2002 disaster they might have convienently forgot how to get there. :D The weather looks to be great and it's Family Weekend, they said on Lehigh's sports show they're expecting 13-14k plus for the game. Those heading up from D.C pack a grill and enjoy the best tailgate atmosphere is the league. In the last 4 games Lehigh's won by an average of 51-12, Hoya fans, do you think this is G-towns best chance to finally give Lehigh a battle for 4 quarters?

colgate13
November 1st, 2005, 08:17 AM
Count me as a Hoya fan! :D

It's time to make some noise.

LUHawker
November 1st, 2005, 09:24 AM

It's time to make some noise.

I know where you are coming from, but I think your rooting is misguided. While you'd prefer to win out and have LU stumble to backdoor the autobid, I think you'd be better off hoping that LU runs the table, stomping Lafayette in the process and having Colgate do the same. That way there is a very strong case for letting an 8-3 Colgate team in the playoffs. I think this is the PL's best chance for 2 bids this year, because if Lafayette defeats Colgate but loses to Lehigh, I don't think the Pards have enough credibility with the committee to garner an autobid.

colgate13
November 1st, 2005, 09:39 AM
oh no, my rooting is dead on IMO. CCSU and Dartmouth losses keep us out of the playoffs at 8-3 IMO. I could be wrong, but that's how I personally see it.

So Colgate winning out, and a Lehigh loss - ANY loss, will do just fine. ;)

njhoya
November 1st, 2005, 09:45 AM
I hope that it's a beautiful day and the stadium is packed and the band creates pagentry. I also hope that with no time left on the clock and the Hoyas down 20-14 they score and kick the extra point to win! (I can hope right?) Seriously, I think your 0-line and Gtwn's smallish DTs give you a sizeable advantage. However, as we all know, that is a funny shaped ball that can bounce different ways-hopefully they'll be a lot of bounces our way.

LBPop
November 1st, 2005, 10:06 AM

I knew it!! Finally, he comes out of the closet!! :p
But, will you still love the Hoyas on November 19th? ;)

The LB clan will be at Goodman. Looking forward to seeing what I hear is a terrific place to watch a game. Realistically, the Hoyas will have to play nearly flawless football and catch a break or two to have a chance. My head says, "No Way", but with gas prices down a bit, my heart says drive to Bethlehem and hope that the Hoyas make some history. If that happens, I will have a great week harrassing my Lehigh Alumnus Partner. He doesn't really bother harrassing me--it has been too easy for him the past two years. Plus, no matter what he thinks of Georgetown, he likes LBKid. :o :D

colgate13
November 1st, 2005, 10:22 AM
I knew it!! Finally, he comes out of the closet!! :p
But, will you still love the Hoyas on November 19th? ;)

This is a one week special Pop! Then it's nothing but Rams for me, followed by rooting for the Lafayette team I hope we just beat. ;)

I hope Georgetown comes to play. It is not impossible. It took heroics for Colgate to be the Hoyas in 2003, and I wonder what kind of chance Holy Cross gave themselves before their win? Anything can happen - it's why we play the game.

It's also one of those chances we've talked about where G'town and Fordham still might have something to say about who wins this league. :)

LBPop
November 1st, 2005, 10:45 AM
This is a one week special Pop!

Oh, I get it...a one-night stand. But, will you still respect the Hoyas on Sunday morning? :p

colgate13
November 1st, 2005, 12:03 PM
Oh, I get it...a one-night stand. But, will you still respect the Hoyas on Sunday morning? :p

Take care of business and everyone will respect the Hoyas on Sunday morning! :nod:

LUHawker
November 1st, 2005, 12:46 PM
Take care of business and everyone will respect the Hoyas on Sunday morning! :nod:

Ain't happening this week!!

ngineer
November 1st, 2005, 12:55 PM
LB--If you get the chance to circle the stadium, I'll be in Sec. WF (top row of the lower level) at the 47 yard line (north of 50). Stop by and say hi. Likely have my white Lehigh Engineers ball hat.

massdad
November 1st, 2005, 07:53 PM
This Hoya fan will be coming from the opposite direction. See you at the game Pop...unfortunately the kid is still out with knee...hopefully back for Davidson. How far is Bethlehem from NYC? Looks about 1-1/2 2 hours.

I hope the "good" Hoyas show up...this Jeckyll and Hyde crap is driving me nuts!

ngineer
November 1st, 2005, 10:47 PM
This Hoya fan will be coming from the opposite direction. See you at the game Pop...unfortunately the kid is still out with knee...hopefully back for Davidson. How far is Bethlehem from NYC? Looks about 1-1/2 2 hours.

I hope the "good" Hoyas show up...this Jeckyll and Hyde crap is driving me nuts!

It's about 75 miles from Manhattan to Goodman Stadium. With no traffic problems you can make easily in 1 1/2 hrs. Interstate 78 to Exit 67 (Hellertown/Bethlehem). There'll be signs for Goodman. At the exit, go straight and follow signs. You'll do some winding around on a country-type road, but stadium is only about a mile from the interchange.

LBPop
November 2nd, 2005, 10:45 AM
See you at the game Pop...unfortunately the kid is still out with knee...hopefully back for Davidson.

Lousy news about the kid--he will be missed. You are a true fan to make the trip anyway. Don't know that I would do it. Amen about Jeckyll & Hyde--it's impossible to explain. See you in Bethlehem.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 6th, 2005, 02:56 AM
Hey LBpop, what was your impressions of Goodman and the game. While you might not have enjoyed the outcome, i hope you atleast enjoyed the experience. While the crowd was announced at 13,000 it was probably close to 15k since students are not counted into the paid/announced attendance.

ngineer
November 6th, 2005, 07:54 AM
Hey LBpop, what was your impressions of Goodman and the game. While you might not have enjoyed the outcome, i hope you atleast enjoyed the experience. While the crowd was announced at 13,000 it was probably close to 15k since students are not counted into the paid/announced attendance.

Interesting. Where did you get that from? I thought student attendance was counted since they use their ID cards to get through the gates. I agree the stadium seemed to have more than 13,000, but it's so hard to judge with all the people sitting on the grass horseshoe and standing along the terrace above the horseshoe.

DFW HOYA
November 6th, 2005, 09:27 AM
13,000 seemed right. Even with a lot on the hill, a number of seats in the northeast portion of the stands seemed empty according to the online video feed from SE2.

LBPop
November 7th, 2005, 11:10 AM
Hey LBpop, what was your impressions of Goodman and the game. While you might not have enjoyed the outcome, i hope you atleast enjoyed the experience.

We thought the facility was excellent and everyone treated us very well--probably out of pity. ;)

Our only complaint was in finding Goodman. We ended up driving what seemed like two or three miles to circle the stadium before we got to the main lot. Once there, we found it to be a great atmosphere for college football. We were also impressed with the variety of food concessions. Glad we went--hopefully the Hoyas will do a bit better next time they visit.