PDA

View Full Version : Coach Moore may redshirt 2 stars

appfan2008
September 24th, 2008, 07:43 AM
Coach Moore during his weekly teleconference spoke of it being a likely chance that Running Back Devon Moore and Defensive End Tony Robertson will be redshirted following injuries during the game at JMU

Either way they will both be out at least 6 weeks... With Quavian Lewis also out on the DL for a week... the DL is pretty slim this week...

Injuries can bring a team down...

mcveyrl
September 24th, 2008, 08:09 AM
The backup RB looked pretty capable of filling Moore's shoes...Not sure how you guys feel about him.

At least they got hurt early enough to where he could get the redshirt if he wanted to.

citdog
September 24th, 2008, 08:26 AM
4 October! The 'Dogs will be thrusting!

AshevilleApp2
September 24th, 2008, 08:34 AM

What time do you start tailgating?

appstate38
September 24th, 2008, 08:50 AM

Yeah that is one thing you dogs are known for..... Thrusting!:D

AppAlum
September 24th, 2008, 09:44 AM
As an Alum from both App and The Citadel I will be looking forward to App's homecoming this year. We will be tailgating quite early.

appfan2008
September 24th, 2008, 10:17 AM
As an Alum from both App and The Citadel I will be looking forward to App's homecoming this year. We will be tailgating quite early.

How could you not be looking forward to that game... it will be quite a showdown and could mean a lot down the line for socon supremacy

DLS
September 24th, 2008, 10:25 AM
nm

biggie
September 24th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Jabari Fletcher and Lanston Tanyi are supposed to get more time.

citdog
September 24th, 2008, 10:47 AM

a degree from the College of Graduate and Professional Studies DOES NOT MAKE YOU AN ALUMNI OF THE CITADEL.

appfan2008
September 24th, 2008, 11:06 AM
a degree from the College of Graduate and Professional Studies DOES NOT MAKE YOU AN ALUMNI OF THE CITADEL.
actually I am willing to bet it does! xrulesx

citdog
September 24th, 2008, 11:10 AM
actually I am willing to bet it does! xrulesx

NOT IN THE EYES OF ANY THE CITADEL MAN

appfan2008
September 24th, 2008, 11:14 AM
NOT IN THE EYES OF ANY THE CITADEL MAN

that is fine but he still got a diploma which means he is an alumnus

citdog
September 24th, 2008, 11:17 AM
that is fine but he still got a diploma which means he is an alumnus

NOT IN THE EYES OF THOSE WHO MATTER.

LehighFan11
September 24th, 2008, 11:21 AM
What was moore's injury? Is it season ending? Why not just sit him for most of the season and keep him fresh for the playoffs, kinda like they used Armanti last year?

appfan2008
September 24th, 2008, 11:29 AM
something with has foot/ankle... he got surgery... out minimum 6 weeks is all they have said...

DLS
September 24th, 2008, 12:13 PM
What was moore's injury? Is it season ending? Why not just sit him for most of the season and keep him fresh for the playoffs, kinda like they used Armanti last year?

because with robert welton playing like he is and with the rest of our capable backfield there is no good reason not to redshirt him if he is going to miss most of the season anyways?

mcveyrl
September 24th, 2008, 12:15 PM
because with robert welton playing like he is and with the rest of our capable backfield there is no good reason not to redshirt him if he is going to miss most of the season anyways?

What year is Welton?

appfan2008
September 24th, 2008, 12:16 PM
welton and radford could be a pretty darn good one two punch themselves

gsugt1
September 24th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Coach Moore during his weekly teleconference spoke of it being a likely chance that Running Back Devon Moore and Defensive End Tony Robertson will be redshirted following injuries during the game at JMU

Either way they will both be out at least 6 weeks... With Quavian Lewis also out on the DL for a week... the DL is pretty slim this week...

Injuries can bring a team down...

Sorry to hear about thier injuries.

Have they played in all 3 games ? If you have 12 games 25% is 3 games. I am just asking because I was curious.

The exception to the five-to-play-four rule comes when a player experiences a hardship, such as a season-ending injury. If an injury occurs in the first half of a season and the player has not played in more than 20% of his team's games, then the NCAA will consider granting a "medical redshirt"

biggie
September 24th, 2008, 12:24 PM
What year is Welton?

Welton and Radford are Sophs. With Mooore being a Jr.

And yes, both have played all 3 games.

mcveyrl
September 24th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Welton and Radford are Sophs. With Mooore being a Jr.

And yes, both have played all 3 games.

Have Welton and Radford used their redshirts. I would guess that Moore would want to avoid having three quality juniors at RB, but depth is not necessarily a bad thing.

appfan2008
September 24th, 2008, 12:29 PM
I believe that radford used a redshirt while at virginia tech but not sure on welton

DLS
September 24th, 2008, 12:33 PM
What year is Welton?

sophmore

asknoquarter21
September 24th, 2008, 12:37 PM
yes welton is a redshirt soph

I don't think they will be eligible for a redshirt, and I wouldn't jump the gun on that decision

Both would be VERY valuable in the Playoffs

AppAlum
September 24th, 2008, 08:44 PM

That's cool if you all feel that way, I in no way feel an allegiance to The Citadel so I will definitely be rooting for the mountaineers. But as a member of the Alumni association I assume I am an alumni, but whatever.

AppAlum
September 24th, 2008, 08:46 PM

Oh and the College of Graduate and Professional Studies has been renamed The Citadel Graduate School