PDA

View Full Version : First Coaching Casualty

Mr. C
October 31st, 2005, 11:28 PM
Just learned from the ESPN ticker that Coach James Bell of Jackson State has been fired. QB coach Daryl Jones is going to take over on an interim basis for the rest of the season. Bell was an un-JSU-like 6-17 in his first two years and 2-6 this season. The Tigers were 2-4 and in last place in the East Division and had been out-scored 255-172 in eight games.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 1st, 2005, 12:22 AM
A few others to keep your eye on
-Yale; Yalie's getting restless, a win over Harvard might be needed
-Georgetown; 4-4 with Colgate and Lehigh left, could be 5 straight losing seasons
-Maine; Wildly inconsistent, Bear fans getting tired of mediocrity
-Fordham; although Foley might have saved himself by beating HC, still this is a program that could go from 9-3 to 1-10, 2-9 in two years.

DemiGS
November 1st, 2005, 02:13 AM
And I think most folks in the 'boro are hoping for a revolution in Eagle country too. (Fingers crossed)

ysubigred
November 1st, 2005, 07:15 AM
One more loss and you'll see a want ad pop up in Y-Town

colgate13
November 1st, 2005, 08:20 AM
A few others to keep your eye on
-Georgetown; 4-4 with Colgate and Lehigh left, could be 5 straight losing seasons
-Fordham; although Foley might have saved himself by beating HC, still this is a program that could go from 9-3 to 1-10, 2-9 in two years.

The more I learn about G'Town, I'm not so sure Benson is on a hot seat. If so, the administration needs to look at what support (in terms of money and admission) they are giving the program before they point a finger at him.

Fordham will win again IMO. I think Foley's got one more year - and it needs to be a .500 type year.