PDA

View Full Version : CSN Down South: Who Can Push The Top?

CSN-info
September 23rd, 2008, 05:17 PM
CSN Down South: Who Can Push The Top?
By Jason Plotkin, CSN Down South Columnist
As we wrap up September, does anyone have a handle on the Southland? Can anyone tell me that outside of the two favorites – McNeese State and Central Arkansas – it has a team capable of competing for the conference title?

With conference play approaching, the answer is the same as it usually is. It’s going to be another free-for-all!Read more ... http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php?blog=5&title=csn-down-south-who-can-push-the-top&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Lionsrking
September 23rd, 2008, 05:59 PM
CSN Down South: Who Can Push The Top?
By Jason Plotkin, CSN Down South ColumnistRead more ... http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php?blog=5&title=csn-down-south-who-can-push-the-top&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Jason, you've bee on Jay's ass all year long and it's getting old...it almost sounds like you have some sort of vendetta against the kid...for the umpteenth time, we're consistently facing eight and nine man fronts designed to stop him and we've made adjustments...as long as teams want to make him the focal point, we'll oblige and throw the football...nothing is wrong with him, other than a sprained ankle, and he's running and catching the ball just fine...eventually opponents are going to have respect our wideouts and play us straight up...at that point, I expect he'll be off to the races again...I don't have a problem with you giving your opinion, but at least show some basic understanding of football, or ask somebody that knows.

Syntax Error
September 23rd, 2008, 06:07 PM
... nothing is wrong with him, other than a sprained ankle...isn't that a problem for a RUNNINGBACK? xconfusedx

BEAR
September 23rd, 2008, 06:07 PM
Anytime a defense puts 9 in the box....I don't care what level you're on...it's tough to get any yards. xnodx

katstrapper
September 23rd, 2008, 06:08 PM
Jason, you've bee on Jay's ass all year long and it's getting old...it almost sounds like you have some sort of vendetta against the kid...for the umpteenth time, we're consistently facing eight and nine man fronts designed to stop him and we've made adjustments...as long as teams want to make him the focal point, we'll oblige and throw the football...nothing is wrong with him, other than a sprained ankle, and he's running and catching the ball just fine...eventually opponents are going to have respect our wideouts and play us straight up...at that point, I expect he'll be off to the races again...I don't have a problem with you giving your opinion, but at least show some basic understanding of football, or ask somebody that knows.

He has Prarie View ahead of SE Louisiana as well. xlolx

patssle
September 23rd, 2008, 07:06 PM
Pre-season, I expected Texas State to fix some of their defensive problems, and for George to be improved. They have proved otherwise. I'm dropping them out of the running for the SLC title. I can see UCA hanging 60 on them again.

patssle
September 23rd, 2008, 07:06 PM
Pre-season, I expected Texas State to fix some of their defensive problems, and for George to be improved. They have proved otherwise. I'm dropping them out of the running for the SLC title. I can see UCA hanging 60 on them again.

patssle
September 23rd, 2008, 07:09 PM

patssle
September 23rd, 2008, 07:09 PM

TexasTerror
September 23rd, 2008, 07:15 PM

SLU has yet to get a Division I win. Can't count USD. UND will be their biggest challenge of the year thus far. A win there may lend some credibility to their case about whether they are ready for the SLC. Hard to get a good measure against an FBS foe, win or lose, close or blowout...

Prairie View has two Division I wins...sure, against inferior competition to what many of the ranked have faced, but they are the best in the SWAC at this point....

TexasTerror
September 23rd, 2008, 07:26 PM

I can see a lot of teams hanging a lot of points on the Bobcats. The question is, can they get consistency at the QB? They just won a shootout because the defense made big plays when they need to (can't get any bigger than a fumble at the goal line). I expect many of their games, especially in the SLC with some very pass-happy teams on the slate to be high-scoring affairs. The question will be whether their offense can get up in points and get the defensive stops when they need them.

Lionsrking
September 23rd, 2008, 07:51 PM

Why am I not surprised.

Lionsrking
September 23rd, 2008, 07:53 PM
SLU has yet to get a Division I win.

I guess Alcorn must be D-III...where do they find these people.

TexasTerror
September 23rd, 2008, 08:51 PM
Why am I not surprised.

I've had as many as four SLC teams on my ballot -- think I had four every week until this past week (when Nicholls fell out). Much more favorable to the SLC than most.

I'm very confident that PV can make a nice run at going undefeated. Don't expect them to leave the 20-25 area this season unless they really do something spectacular, but an undefeated SWAC team is going to be ranked in that 20-25 range at the very least, by any voter that does things the right way when it comes to their voting.

Everyone does their balloting differently, but I vote for how I think things will finish. I have had Montana as #1 the last two weeks because they find ways to win. May be close, may not be -- but at the end of the season, especially when you have some evenly matches teams, it's going to be the team that finds a way to win that wins the national title.

I guess Alcorn must be D-III...where do they find these people.

My mistake -- SLU did get a Div I win and the first one of the year against the SWAC for a Southland school. Ooops! I apologize, my mistake. :o