PDA

View Full Version : Portland State-Washington State

Casey_Orourke
September 23rd, 2008, 02:36 PM
http://www.oregonlive.com/vikings/index.ssf/2008/09/vikings_fall_flat_on_pac10_sta.html

Even though Portland State had their A$$ handed to them by the Cougars, they did manage to get out of the game unscathed except for an injury to a Fresman kicker Robert Truax. Washington on the other hand had both their starting and backup (out for the season) quarterbacks knocked out of the game.

Granted it showed we still have lots of holes to fill (some of them big enough to drive a bus through), the fact they made it through was a lesson in itself and may just inspire them to learn from past mistakes and hopefully not stink up the field next week against Sac St.

DuckDuckGriz
September 23rd, 2008, 03:18 PM
Sounds like the Viks just got in a hole they couldn't escape from. I think they'll pick it up - that wasn't a typical overlook the opponent game for WSU. Wulff knew that was a must-win and I would venture to say they prepared for PSU almost like they do for USC.

Casey_Orourke
September 23rd, 2008, 06:55 PM
Sounds like the Viks just got in a hole they couldn't escape from. I think they'll pick it up - that wasn't a typical overlook the opponent game for WSU. Wulff knew that was a must-win and I would venture to say they prepared for PSU almost like they do for USC.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-washingtonstate-lopina&prov=ap&type=lgns

Your point is well taken and is very possible. I think the Vikes will bounce back and they will at least hold their own in the Big Sky.

Wulf may have felt like his job was on the line, but the loss of Rogers and possibly Lopina for the rest of the season is going to hurt when conference play starts. Granted Oregon has had its QB woes, but at least the ones they are still healthy and can go back if needed. Wulf needs to just concentrate on surviving the rest of the season

JALMOND
September 23rd, 2008, 10:59 PM
http://www.oregonlive.com/vikings/index.ssf/2008/09/vikings_fall_flat_on_pac10_sta.html

Even though Portland State had their A$$ handed to them by the Cougars, they did manage to get out of the game unscathed except for an injury to a Fresman kicker Robert Truax. Washington on the other hand had both their starting and backup (out for the season) quarterbacks knocked out of the game.

Granted it showed we still have lots of holes to fill (some of them big enough to drive a bus through), the fact they made it through was a lesson in itself and may just inspire them to learn from past mistakes and hopefully not stink up the field next week against Sac St.

Viks played a good first half. Defense looked really good. We were only down 17-3 at the half, then the Cougars took control in the third. A textbook sack on Lupina by our true freshman from Georgia knocked him out. The one by Dickson on the other was also by the book I thought (was flagged for a late hit but I did not think it was. Jason Gesser, former Cougar QB who was doing play by play did not think it warranted a flag either). Viks also got a textbook sack on the third string, Lobbethal (??) who got up shaking his lower arm but stayed in the game. This season is still a work in progress for Glanville and Davis. Defense did look pretty good, tho.