PDA

View Full Version : NEC Week 5

danefan
September 22nd, 2008, 01:04 PM
Week 5!

Sacred Heart @ Marist 1:00 p.m. Audio (http://sacredheartpioneers.cstv.com/multimedia/broadcast-sched-0809.html)
Bryant @ Wagner 1:00 pm Video (http://www.wagnerathletics.com/member/aa_signup.aspx)
Dayton @ Duquense 1:00 pm Audio (http://goduquesne.cstv.com/multimedia/duqu-multimedia.html) Live Stats (http://goduquesne.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/duqu-08-gameday.html)
Monmouth @ RMU 1:00 pm
St. Francis (PA) @ Morehead 1:00 pm
Albany @ Delaware 6:00 pm
CCSU @ Delaware State 7:00 p.m.

danefan
September 22nd, 2008, 01:09 PM
And so League play begins!

Sacred Heart @ Marist...Marist is more tested.
Bryant @ Wagner.....Bryant has looked decent and CCSU and Monmouth are much better then Wagner I think.
Dayton @ Duquense.....Dayton is too much for Duquense.
Monmouth @ RMU....Monmouth is tested against 3 full scholly teams so far and should have won two of those games. It'll be close- long road trip and a much better then expected RMU, but in the end Monmouth wins.
St. Francis (PA) @ Morehead...St. Francis is really bad....again.
Albany @ Delaware....Delaware is pissed off after the loss to Furman and Albany will likely see a new QB from UD. Close one, but UD wins at home in front of 23,000+
CCSU @ Delaware State.....Del State is overrated. CCSU is feeling good after winning last week. Del State will look slow compared to NDSU and CCSU will take advantage. It will be close, but I'm taking CCSU by 3.

Ruler
September 22nd, 2008, 03:16 PM
I am pretty sure I am batting 1000% once I repicked CCSU over NCCU who I thought was NC A&T who clean the clocks of most NEC teams.

Sacred Heart. Dont fold on me this year.
Wagner. Bryant keeps it close.
Dayton. Flyers smoke Duquesne who I am not impressed with.
Monmouth. Should be 2-1 with win over Maine
Morehead. SFU could of beat Duquesne but didnt
Delaware State. Sorry CCSU it seems like I pick against u although I only did vs NDSU. Pulling for you.

Delaware. Albany, Llike Monmouth should be 2-1. We were beaten by UMASS and gave away the game to New Hampshire. I think it could be ugly. But I have said that for 2 weeks. McCarty needs to stay healthy for NEC play.

dgreco
September 22nd, 2008, 04:02 PM
Sacred Heart @ Marist - Marist may be tested more, but they I think they worse than SHU.
Bryant @ Wagner - Bryant has handled the size of DI so far, and besides a few mistakes in each game they could be surprising a lot of people right now. The homer pick and I think the Stonehill lose still worries me if I were a Wagner fan.
Dayton @ Duquense - Dayton is legit so far.
Monmouth @ RMU 3rd long road trip of hte year, but they are good. Sinisi is a stud.
St. Francis (PA) @ Morehead - Morehead is a much better team. SFA still hasn't showed anything
Albany @ Delaware - Delaware has a small offense this year. I think Albany can score a few and hold on.
CCSU @ Delaware State - they have been solid so far except for the NDSU lose.

dgreco
September 23rd, 2008, 11:58 AM
so is the game of the week

DSU vs. CCSU

or

UatA vs. UDel

danefan
September 23rd, 2008, 12:03 PM
Gotta be Albany @ Delaware.

The NEC's last hope for a playoff bid this year lies in Albany. A win here will put the NEC on track for its first at-large.

Larryl9797
September 23rd, 2008, 01:41 PM
Gotta be Albany @ Delaware.

The NEC's last hope for a playoff bid this year lies in Albany. A win here will put the NEC on track for its first at-large.
Agree, But the CCSU DSU game shoud be a good one!

danefan
September 23rd, 2008, 01:59 PM
Agree, But the CCSU DSU game shoud be a good one!

Heck yeah, its a good way to compare the NEC's progress to another AQ league.

seahawkfan2007
September 23rd, 2008, 08:04 PM
Sacred Heart (3-0)@ Marist(1-3): SHU's toughest opponent thus far in 2008 but they should be able to keep it going. SHU 28-24
Dayton (3-0) @ Duquesne (1-1): The Flyers could be the best of the former "mid majors" this year. Dayton 31-20
St. Francis (Pa) (0-3) @ Morehead St. (1-2): After losing to RMU earlier this season 27-13, Morehead St. look's for some payback vs. the NEC. MSU 34-17
Monmouth (1-3) @ RMU (1-2): NEC opener and a close call but have to go with RMU at home in a squeeker. RMU 24-21.
Bryant (2-2) @ Wagner (2-1): The Seahawks "D" will be challenged this weekend but should be up to the task. Wagner 34-21
Albany (1-2) @ Deleware (1-2): The Danes won't catch the Blue Hen's off guard but they just might be the better team this time around. Albany 21-17
CCSU (2-1) @ Delaware St.(1-1): This is a "Pick Em". I am rooting for the NEC team but have to pick Delaware St. at home 27-24

Seawolf97
September 23rd, 2008, 08:41 PM
Would like to see Albany pull this one out. The forecast is calling for heavy rain which should favor their running game . If they can score and hang on they win . Should be interesting.

Ruler
September 24th, 2008, 08:12 AM
Thanks Seawolf 97 and I agree, the rain will really help things for UA. It will also help CCSU as they are a run first team as well. This (fingerrs crossed) really could be good for the NEC.

Chuck Priore used to yell at me in practice now its mine turn to yell at him "Git er done Chuck"

aceinthehole
September 24th, 2008, 09:49 AM
Sacred Heart @ Marist - I think SHU has enough under its belt this season, but it will be close.

Bryant @ Wagner - Wagner keeps improving and Bryant isn't far behind, but I give the edge to the Seahawks at home.

Dayton @ Duquense - Dayton is good, very good and I wouldn't mind if the joined the NEC to replace SFPA.

Monmouth @ Robert Morris - RMU makes this close, but the Hawks have the experience needed to win these kind of games.

St. Francis (PA) @ Morehead - Sorry, not picking the Flash this year.

Albany @ Delaware - Albany's biggest problem is they won't sneak up on the Hens, but once again it will be close.

CCSU @ Delaware State - After a confident win, CCSU heads south and comes home with a tough win.

danefan
September 24th, 2008, 10:14 AM
Dayton @ Duquense - Dayton is good, very good and I wouldn't mind if the joined the NEC to replace SFPA.

Amen to that.

dgreco
September 24th, 2008, 01:36 PM
If anyone is around at 6pm Coach Fine will be on WOON and the website can be streamed.

WOON the On@Work station (http://www.onworldwide.com/)
is where Coach Fine will be on. He does a 30 minute show every wednesday. First few weeks were call-ins and things about the future of the program. This week it will be mostly about the Monmouth game and the upcoming Wagner game.

DetroitFlyer
September 24th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Sacred Heart @ Marist - I think SHU has enough under its belt this season, but it will be close.

Bryant @ Wagner - Wagner keeps improving and Bryant isn't far behind, but I give the edge to the Seahawks at home.

Monmouth @ Robert Morris - RMU makes this close, but the Hawks have the experience needed to win these kind of games.

St. Francis (PA) @ Morehead - Sorry, not picking the Flash this year.

Albany @ Delaware - Albany's biggest problem is they won't sneak up on the Hens, but once again it will be close.

CCSU @ Delaware State - After a confident win, CCSU heads south and comes home with a tough win.

Probably a better shot of SFUP joining the PFL than Dayton joining the NEC. I am a fan of SFUP, but they are in a tough spot. Without scholarships, I doubt that they could even attract Division III talent. Scholarships at least get some kids to consider the school, but being so remote, it is very difficult for them.... They would be a good fit for the PFL is they were allowed to keep their scholarship status....

redflash2
September 24th, 2008, 02:57 PM
everybody be talkin bout the flash and yet their offense still ranks top 3 n the nec every year, with the least amount of scholarships...so everybody who got a problem wit the flash can shut the **** up...pussy's....xnonox

redflash2
September 24th, 2008, 02:58 PM
everybody be talkin bout the flash and yet their offense still ranks top 3 n the nec every year, with the least amount of scholarships...so everybody who got a problem wit the flash can shut the **** up...pussy's....xnonox

dgreco
September 24th, 2008, 03:06 PM

huh?

you come on here and talk like the flash are going to be turned around this year and they look worse than last year. They lose and now you come on insulting other NEC fans. Top 3 offense but they aren't playing top 3 teams. Look at the Top NEC teams and who they are playing.

Uncle Buck
September 24th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Who the hell are the flash? Seriously.

Seahawks Fan
September 24th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Week 5!

Sacred Heart @ Marist Home field advantage
Bryant @ Wagner Seahawks roll at home with running game
Dayton @ Duquense Flyers too strong
Monmouth @ RMU Hawks should prevail in close game
St. Francis (PA) @ Morehead Home field advantage
Albany @ Delaware Blue Hens should prevail
CCSU @ Delaware State CCSU could pull the upset this week

dgreco
September 24th, 2008, 08:52 PM
Coach Fine said he is worried about the running game. Joked around about the Iowa player saying when he was at Iowa St. they dominated everything out of Iowa.

Bryant is also getting their thursday night so they ahve a few days in town. Coaches will be recruiting players will get to the city one day and just feel adjusted. Going the night before to CCSU the coach said the players never got adjusted. I except they are doing this to prepare for the western PA trips.

danefan
September 24th, 2008, 08:58 PM

xwhistlexxwhistlexxwhistlexxwhistlexxwhistlex
What??????????????

We're still waiting for that big St. Francis turn around you yapped about all off-season!

danefan
September 24th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Who the hell are the flash? Seriously.

St. Francis.

dgreco
September 24th, 2008, 09:07 PM
St. Francis.

the Red Flash not just the Flash

downbythebeach
September 24th, 2008, 09:32 PM
St. Francis.

I dont know what happened this year.
I went to the Duquesne game and they played well and really could have won, but turned the ball over three times in the redzone, once at the one.
Duq also threw a 80 yard hell mary td to end the first half.......that hurt

Also I was surprised to see that a huge amount of the starters/role players were Freshmen
It seems this way every year, I think SFU's biggest problem is keeping the players they have........they are trying to rebuild every year

well anyway.......

danefan
September 25th, 2008, 09:14 AM
I dont know what happened this year.
I went to the Duquesne game and they played well and really could have won, but turned the ball over three times in the redzone, once at the one.
Duq also threw a 80 yard hell mary td to end the first half.......that hurt

Also I was surprised to see that a huge amount of the starters/role players were Freshmen
It seems this way every year, I think SFU's biggest problem is keeping the players they have........they are trying to rebuild every year

well anyway.......

Exactly. That's no way to build a program. Constantly playing young guys who quit when they are juniors. Why do you think that is?

Time for a coaching change maybe?

andy7171
September 25th, 2008, 09:23 AM
Sacred Heart @ Marist
Bryant @ Wagner
Dayton @ Duquense
Monmouth @ RMU
St. Francis (PA) @ Morehead
Albany @ Delaware
CCSU @ Delaware State

I want to pick Albany, but just cant pull that trigger. CCSU-DSU should be a great game.

dgreco
September 25th, 2008, 11:17 AM
Sacred Heart @ Marist
Bryant @ Wagner
Dayton @ Duquense
Monmouth @ RMU
St. Francis (PA) @ Morehead
Albany @ Delaware
CCSU @ Delaware State

I want to pick Albany, but just cant pull that trigger. CCSU-DSU should be a great game.

glad to see some bryant love :D

dgreco
September 27th, 2008, 02:37 PM
First game in the book.

Bryant 24
Wagner 14

Bryant held them to 219 yards and 80 was on the first play of the game. Held them to -17 yards rushing and now increased their forced turnovers to 21 on the season.

dgreco
September 27th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Final

Monmouth 34
Robert Morris 26

dgreco
September 27th, 2008, 03:01 PM
Final

Sacred Heart 28
Marist 16

downbythebeach
September 27th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Duquesne 24
Dayton 16

Finalxthumbsupx

Upset

DUQ QB Dixon is nice

dgreco
September 27th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Nice win for the Dukes

dgreco
September 27th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Final

Morehead St. 36
St. Francis 21

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 03:56 PM
There goes any shot Dayton had a the playoffs (even if it was slim).

Congrats to the Dukes. Definitely a surprise win.

rmutv
September 27th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Robert Morris had several opportunities to get a lead and control Monmouth today, but they didn't take advantage. Penalties, mental errors, poor execution, you name it. Physically, the two teams are even, but RMU just couldn't get out of their own. No turnovers, but 8 penalties for 123 yards just isn't going to cut it.

Wasted a great afternoon by sophomore running back Myles Russ, too. 205 yards on 25 carries, one touchdown.

"All-everything" David Sinisi carried 33 times for 147 yards and a touchdown for Monmouth.

DSUHornet
September 27th, 2008, 04:55 PM
ouch. no love for the hornets?

Seahawks Fan
September 27th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Congrats to Bryant. xthumbsupx Too many Seahawks mistakes.

Seahawks Fan
September 27th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Congrats Dukes. Nice win. xthumbsupx