PDA

View Full Version : MVFC Week 5

skinny_uncle
September 21st, 2008, 08:08 PM
A light schedule this week as a lot oteams have bye weeks. My predictions in bold:

SEMO @ Indiana State The Sycamores finally break their 17 game losing streak.
Liberty @ Youngstown State The Penguins prove last week was not a fluke.
SDSU @ Stephen F. Austin The Bunnies get back on the winning track.
UNI @ SIU Big early conference game. I have to go with the home team because I am a
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h13/skinny_uncle/Homeryogi.jpg

Go DAWGS!

PantherRob82
September 21st, 2008, 08:33 PM
SEMO @ Indiana State Maybe.
Liberty @ Youngstown State I can dream.
SDSU @ Stephen F. Austin . SFA...haha Downslide
UNI @ SIU Never thought I would pick this.

JayJ79
September 21st, 2008, 09:24 PM
SEMO @ Indiana State would love to see the Sycamores get the win, but I'm afraid the Redhawks will manage the win. hope I'm wrong

Liberty @ Youngstown State. Believing in global warming is against the rules at Liberty. The Flames will burn out in the Ice Castle.

SDSU @ Stephen F. Austin. No witty comment here, just guessing really.
UNI @ SIU. Homer pick by me, too. I just think this is the year that the Panthers pull off a close one in Carbondale.

crunifan
September 21st, 2008, 09:53 PM
SEMO @ Indiana State
Liberty @ Youngstown State
SDSU @ Stephen F. Austin
UNI @ SIU

With the history and the rivalry, I have to pick SIU until proven otherwise...

PantherRob82
September 21st, 2008, 09:53 PM
UNI @ SIU. Homer pick by me, too. I just think this is the year that the Panthers pull off a close one in Carbondale.

The Hampton and Northwestern games made me believe the SIU fans who said they were down.

JackTwice
September 21st, 2008, 09:57 PM
SEMO @ Indiana State - Sycs gotta pull one out don't they??????
Liberty @ Youngstown State - Its amazing what kind of life a big win can bring
SDSU @ Stephen F. Austin - This game will be closer than it should be
UNI @ SIU - I'm going against the team with the new head coach.

X-Factor
September 21st, 2008, 10:53 PM
SEMO @ Indiana State MVFC homer alter
SDSU @ Stephen F. Austin - This game will be closer than it should be
UNI @ SIU - home team picks up a win
NDSU @ BYE Score much closer than it should be

FargoBison
September 21st, 2008, 11:03 PM
ISU Blue takes down the Redhawks 28-17
YSU extinguishes the Flames 41-17
SDSU knocks Stephen F. Austin stone cold 37-10
SIU outpaces the Panthers 34-31

MSUBear42
September 21st, 2008, 11:12 PM
Bears?

Anyways...

SEMO @ Indiana State Sorry ISU...
SDSU @ Stephen F. Austin
UNI @ SIU Maybe SIU will surprise me, but I'm picking the team with the vet coach
MSU will win, as well.

FargoBison
September 21st, 2008, 11:19 PM
Bears?

Anyways...

SEMO @ Indiana State Sorry ISU...
SDSU @ Stephen F. Austin
UNI @ SIU Maybe SIU will surprise me, but I'm picking the team with the vet coach
MSU will win, as well.

For so some reason I thought SEMO was the Bears, don't know why but I changed it.

BearsCountry
September 21st, 2008, 11:24 PM
Sycs
Pens
Bunnies
Kitty Cats over the Crime Dawgs

siuham
September 22nd, 2008, 12:15 AM
SEMO @ Indiana State - Close game. 3 point separation at best.
Liberty @ Youngstown State - YSU Will solidify their spot in the top 25.
SDSU @ Stephen F. Austin - Will be close only because SFA is at home.
UNI @ SIU - Not picking.

leatherneck177
September 22nd, 2008, 09:09 AM
SEMO @ Indiana State - The Sycamores continue their eternal slide
Liberty @ Youngstown State YSU keeps the momentum going
SDSU @ Stephen F. Austin High scoring game with SDSU by 17
UNI @ SIU Not as close as many expect it to be

Sycamore51
September 22nd, 2008, 10:30 AM
I think this is our week!

89 Panther
September 22nd, 2008, 12:06 PM
Ind. State - The odds are with them and they have to win sometime!
Youngstown - show last week was no fluke
SDSU - Rabbits come back strong
UNI - Homer pick! More than likely will come down to the last possession!

skinny_uncle
September 23rd, 2008, 07:16 AM
I think this is our week!
I think this could be the one. It's time to end that losing streak. Best of luck to you.
xthumbsupx

stevdock
September 23rd, 2008, 09:23 PM
I'm picking ISU, Youngstown, SDSU and UNI. Won't be at any football games since we thankfully have a bye week this week. Instead I will be in the Metrodome cheering on the Twins to a Division title on Sat and Sun.

RabidRabbit
September 24th, 2008, 07:27 AM
ISU Blue takes down the Redhawks 28-17
YSU extinguishes the Flames 41-17
SDSU knocks Stephen F. Austin stone cold 37-10
SIU outpaces the Panthers 34-31

Fargo's got'em picked, and I endorse this ad. xnodx

nmatsen
September 24th, 2008, 08:23 AM
ISU, YSU, SDSU, SIU

By the way, if anyone was wondering what a saluki is I believe that someone has defined it over at Panthernation.com

http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=19617

siuham
September 24th, 2008, 10:04 AM
ISU, YSU, SDSU, SIU

By the way, if anyone was wondering what a saluki is I believe that someone has defined it over at Panthernation.com

http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=19617

Probably the best smack talk ever.

nmatsen
September 24th, 2008, 10:59 AM
Just a friendly, immature tradition started in 2003 before the greatest Gateway game of all time between SIU and UNI. Now that I am older and more mature I have changed it some what (took out words like "gay" and "fag." and tried to clean it up a little. I just feel the need to keep the tradition alive!

skinny_uncle
September 24th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Just a friendly, immature tradition started in 2003 before the greatest Gateway game of all time between SIU and UNI. Now that I am older and more mature I have changed it some what (took out words like "gay" and "fag." and tried to clean it up a little. I just feel the need to keep the tradition alive!
The only tradition I'm interested in is that the HOME TEAM WINS!

UNIFanSince1983
September 24th, 2008, 06:46 PM
A few fun facts about the Southern Illinois UNI football game (from the UNI perspective, could have researched from the SIU end but was too lazy):

As we all know since 1996 the home team has won the game between the teams. And the winner of the game has won 5 of the last 7 conference championships.

UNI lost to SIU in 1991 and still made the playoffs. Since then UNI has not made the playoffs if they lose to Southern Illinois (which also means they haven't won the conference after losing to SIU)

This I think is a big deal. If UNI can't find a way to beat SIU in Carbondale this weekend they may be in trouble (if history repeats itself).

That being said I think SEMO, Liberty, and SDSU get wins this weekend. I am not gonna pick SIU-UNI, but I think we have a better chance in Carbondale this year than we have in recent years. Whether or not that equals a win is yet to be determined.

Houndawg
September 24th, 2008, 08:04 PM
A few fun facts about the Southern Illinois UNI football game (from the UNI perspective, could have researched from the SIU end but was too lazy):

As we all know since 1996 the home team has won the game between the teams. And the winner of the game has won 5 of the last 7 conference championships.

UNI lost to SIU in 1991 and still made the playoffs. Since then UNI has not made the playoffs if they lose to Southern Illinois (which also means they haven't won the conference after losing to SIU)

This I think is a big deal. If UNI can't find a way to beat SIU in Carbondale this weekend they may be in trouble (if history repeats itself).

That being said I think SEMO, Liberty, and SDSU get wins this weekend. I am not gonna pick SIU-UNI, but I think we have a better chance in Carbondale this year than we have in recent years. Whether or not that equals a win is yet to be determined.

I think this is more true because it's early in the season and we have to start out pretty vanilla.

DOME
September 24th, 2008, 08:47 PM
I'm looking at that new head coach as the dogs downfall this year...I don't think he is ready for what I think is the biggest MVFC rivalry.
Might make the drive to see this one...

DOME
September 24th, 2008, 08:47 PM
By the way I'm rooting for the trees this week too! GO ISU!

UNIFanSince1983
September 24th, 2008, 09:25 PM
I think this is more true because it's early in the season and we have to start out pretty vanilla.

And we have a better team in my opinion than we have taken to Carbondale in a while. But I am still very concerned about this game!

skinny_uncle
September 24th, 2008, 09:39 PM
And we have a better team in my opinion than we have taken to Carbondale in a while. But I am still very concerned about this game!
I love your nickname. You do realize that 1983 was one of the few times that SIU won in the Dome.
:D

BearsCountry
September 24th, 2008, 11:13 PM
I love your nickname. You do realize that 1983 was one of the few times that SIU won in the Dome.
:D

That was your national championship year, wasn't it?

Houndawg
September 25th, 2008, 08:15 AM

I think that SIU has to approach these next two games with the attitude that the season is on the line right now and we must come away with a split regardless of being handcuffed by a new coach and new system. We've had a bye so we'll probably have a new wrinkle or two but it will still be pretty vanilla. One bright spot in getting hammered by NW was holding Sutton to 101 yds on 17 carries, 44 of which came on one play. Going into the game I remain convinced that our D is quite a bit better than the scores of the first two games indicate. I also think that we have a better chance in a low scoring game.

Less than 40 total points: SIU wins

More than 40 total points: UNI wins

skinny_uncle
September 25th, 2008, 09:57 AM
That was your national championship year, wasn't it?
Yep.

Luther_Heggs
September 25th, 2008, 01:28 PM
SEMO @ Indiana State - We all have a soft spot for the Sycamores, but SEMO walks away with this one.
Liberty @ Youngstown State - YSU - They're pi**ed-off at the world right now...they win big time this week.
SDSU @ Stephen F. Austin - SDSU.
UNI @ SIU - UNI...they are gaining momentum.

skinny_uncle
September 25th, 2008, 08:39 PM
SEMO @ Indiana State - We all have a soft spot for the Sycamores, but SEMO walks away with this one.
Liberty @ Youngstown State - YSU - They're pi**ed-off at the world right now...they win big time this week.
SDSU @ Stephen F. Austin - SDSU.
UNI @ SIU - UNI...they are gaining momentum.
I would almost be willing to bet money this is the week the Sycamores finally end that nasty losing streak.

I said almost.

crunifan
September 26th, 2008, 01:35 AM
Yeah, I really want Indiana State to win this week. Their program deserves a win.

BearsCountry
September 26th, 2008, 01:50 AM
Yeah the Sycs need a win bad. I dont really care if they win the MVC, but as long as they win OOC thats a plus for the conference. Be kind of nice to have the Shockers in the league so Indiana State can get least one win a year in the MVC in.

skinny_uncle
September 26th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Yeah the Sycs need a win bad. I dont really care if they win the MVC, but as long as they win OOC thats a plus for the conference. Be kind of nice to have the Shockers in the league so Indiana State can get least one win a year in the MVC in.
Are you trying to pick a fight with shockerman?
xwhistlex

skinny_uncle
September 26th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Yeah, I really want Indiana State to win this week. Their program deserves a win.
The Trees only lost by 3 at Cape last year. With the game at home, you have to think they have a shot.