PDA

View Full Version : Jax State 31, Chatty 3

JaxSinfonian
September 21st, 2008, 12:30 AM
Darn good game from the Gamecocks. Perrilloux is looking good, but there is much more to this team than him. Two backs over 100 yards rushing tonight: Tremayne Coger, a converted DB transfer from UAT, got 123 yards in his first start, and Daniel Jackson had 111. 481 yards total offense.

Defense had five picks (offense turned it over not at all), and held the Mocs to 73 yards rushing.

As the pollsters start to review results, I hope they'll see JSU is 2-0 against FCS competition, and made it look easy in both games. Seeing how the top 25 fared today, though, it looks like a tough task for any new teams to break in this week.

JSU faces EIU next week. Final game of the season against Tennessee State is beginning ot look like a biggie.

Maroons
September 21st, 2008, 12:34 AM
Congrats to the Cocks! I was pretty impressed by this score. I think the OVC, from top to bottom, has turned the corner. It seems that everyone may be better this year with the exceptions of EKU and possibly SEMO. I hope this is a sign of better things to come from JSU in 2008!

Now... shouldn't be long before people start throwing cold-water posts all over this thread about the OVC's playoff record and Chattanooga's 2007 record.

FargoBison
September 21st, 2008, 12:37 AM
Jax State is 22 in my poll, you guys could really be solidified with a good showing against EIU.

JaxSinfonian
September 21st, 2008, 08:31 AM
Jax State is 22 in my poll, you guys could really be solidified with a good showing against EIU.

Thanks, Fargo. EIU certainly will be the best FCS competition we've faced so far. I wish we'd been able to get some top-25s in the non-conference sked, but we need the regional opponents with the OVC taking us so far afield.

I hope the Gamecocks live up to your ranking this weekend.