PDA

View Full Version : Broken Glass

Cobblestone
September 20th, 2008, 09:26 PM
You know how sometimes people break things after their team loses? Sometimes it's done on purpose other times it's an accident when don't realize how hard they hit or slammed something.

So, I'm sitting at the bar at the Kinsale Irish Pub in Boston after watching BC beat Central Florida when I see the URI-Hofstra score flash on the TV. I thought for sure we'd win this one so when I saw the score I instinctively slammed my glass of Guinness down on the bar. Well the glass breaks and goes flying, the entire bar stops and looks at me (wanna get away?) so I just apologized and told the bartender the glass slipped. The good part is I got another Guinness and didn't get charged for it. The bad news is my hand freakin' hurts and it looks like we'll get the cellar of the CAA all to ourselves.

After seeing BC today, I really don't think we have a prayer. I just hope they don't pound us as badly as Texas Tech did to UMASS today.

Long road ahead for us but I have confidence in Rizzi and I'm buying into his new offensive sheme. Always tough to lose on a last second FG.

Seawolf97
September 20th, 2008, 09:48 PM
I may join your club as Stonybrook dropped its 3rd in row to Brown 17-7. Second week in row our defense didnt get serious until the 2nd half and our offense never made the trip to Providence. Now we face a Hofstra team on the upswing on Friday night.

veinup
September 20th, 2008, 10:07 PM
Glad your hand is alright.

DSUrocks07
September 20th, 2008, 10:12 PM
You know how sometimes people break things after their team loses? Sometimes it's done on purpose other times it's an accident when don't realize how hard they hit or slammed something.

So, I'm sitting at the bar at the Kinsale Irish Pub in Boston after watching BC beat Central Florida when I see the URI-Hofstra score flash on the TV. I thought for sure we'd win this one so when I saw the score I instinctively slammed my glass of Guinness down on the bar. Well the glass breaks and goes flying, the entire bar stops and looks at me (wanna get away?) so I just apologized and told the bartender the glass slipped. The good part is I got another Guinness and didn't get charged for it. The bad news is my hand freakin' hurts and it looks like we'll get the cellar of the CAA all to ourselves.

After seeing BC today, I really don't think we have a prayer. I just hope they don't pound us as badly as Texas Tech did to UMASS today.

Long road ahead for us but I have confidence in Rizzi and I'm buying into his new offensive sheme. Always tough to lose on a last second FG.

xbangx <--I know that feeling

I've broken my hand one time after a game when I was in high school...you know the story, bad call leads to a game-winning FG....knocked us out of the playoff hunt. Walking out of the stadium I punched the wall going out of the stadium...and my hand gave WAY too much xlolx I can laugh about it now but it hurt like a mofo...xoopsx

Col Hogan
September 20th, 2008, 10:39 PM

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_ctRrbxuf3hM/Rys7EinIBoI/AAAAAAAAAKk/u5mg4_KeStM/October+pics+2007+093.jpg

Uncle Buck
September 21st, 2008, 10:23 AM
Let me tell you something, that URI @ Hofstra game was the definition of the word irony. We roll up a bunch of yards and defense actually played pretty well for most of the game. Of course we have a 24 yard FG blocked, hit the post with an XP, typical HU kicking game for the year.

Late in the game our RB breaks a 64 yard run then gets ruled down at the 6 inch line, we get stuffed twice, jump off sides, then what looked like a botched play, we get sacked for a loss. Our second team kicker comes on to make 20-14, then we give up a score, URI misses the XP, we go downfield in just under 40 seconds with no timeouts and our second team kicker boots the winner. Kicking game lost us last week's game, almost loses us this game, but comes out to win it. Tough game to watch.

As ror URI, they definitely look like a spread'em and throw it around team now. I would have given that RB a few more carries, he was tough to bring down but they seemed like they went away from him too early. URI definitely looked more fired up and scrappy that in the past. Rizzi seems like he is already turning the tide up there. Our coach could be on a hot seat, i understand this is the last season of his contract.

PantherRob82
September 21st, 2008, 02:38 PM
I thought this thread would be about the old song. :(

Uncle Buck
September 21st, 2008, 03:03 PM
I was surprised that URI didn't try and run more, they were making some yards when they did. I guess after the 400+ yard day Cassidy had against UNH, they like his arm and what it could do. They'll be fine, Rizzi is probably just getting a feel for what he has. Don't forget, the number one runner going down had to change things a bit.