PDA

View Full Version : Wofford @ South Carolina

LehighFan11
September 19th, 2008, 10:02 AM
I haven't heard any talk about this game, why not? Wofford is a solid team who lost by 7 @ USC 2 years ago. Wofford has been untested this year with breaking in new starters at QB and RB. South Carolina has a very strong defense, but how do they handle the option? My gut is that Wofford won't be blown out of the water. What do the SoCon guys think?

ASUG8
September 19th, 2008, 10:09 AM
USC is no cupcake, but I think the Terrierists will give them a good game. USC is still recovering from the Vandy whipping and really don't want to go down to an in state small private school. That being said, I think WoCo keeps it within 10.

ASUG8
September 19th, 2008, 10:09 AM
USC is no cupcake, but I think the Terrierists will give them a good game. USC is still recovering from the Vandy whipping and really don't want to go down to an in state small private school. That being said, I think WoCo keeps it within 15.

LehighFan11
September 19th, 2008, 10:17 AM
Yea south carolina is fairly strong at home keeping UGA within 7. South carolina doesn't have a very strong offense with some question marks at Qb. If wofford can limit the turnovers from the option they might be able to stay in a low scoring game in the teens to low 20s.

introvertedGSUfan
September 19th, 2008, 10:19 AM
USC is no cupcake, but I think the Terrierists will give them a good game. USC is still recovering from the Vandy whipping and really don't want to go down to an in state small private school. That being said, I think WoCo keeps it within 15.

Vandy certainly didn't "whip" South Carolina, they only won by a touchdown. South Carolina also gave No.3 UGA a run for their money at home. I would love to see Wofford keep this close, but my gut feeling is they'll lose by at least 17.

Millwoch
September 19th, 2008, 10:21 AM
Point spread is USC -29. I think wofford can cover, but I would be surprised if this one is as close as last time they played.

ASUG8
September 19th, 2008, 10:47 AM
Vandy certainly didn't "whip" South Carolina, they only won by a touchdown. South Carolina also gave No.3 UGA a run for their money at home. I would love to see Wofford keep this close, but my gut feeling is they'll lose by at least 17.

How often do you get to say "Vandy" and "whip" in the same sentence? I know it wasn't a blowout, but certainly a surprise.

I'll stick with 15 points - WoCo isn't terribly diminished from last year.

introvertedGSUfan
September 19th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Vandy's win didn't really surprise me. They have one of the fastest quarterbacks in college football right now and have always had plenty of talent, but the problem is that they play the toughest teams in the nation by being in the SEC.

ashram
September 19th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Vandy's win didn't really surprise me. They have one of the fastest quarterbacks in college football right now and have always had plenty of talent...

...not to mention a really great coach.xnodx

PaladinFan
September 19th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Vandy's win didn't really surprise me. They have one of the fastest quarterbacks in college football right now and have always had plenty of talent, but the problem is that they play the toughest teams in the nation by being in the SEC.

With one of the best all around coaches. Go Bobby J.

appfan2008
September 19th, 2008, 03:08 PM
good luck go beat them cocks...

Reign of Terrier
September 19th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Vandy Gamecocks lose
UGA Gamecocks win

It could go either way but I chances are a little thinner because we won't play the starting QB and FB as much. But the QB that supposedly is getting the most playing time is a transfer from Navy so he can't be too bad.

CSUBUCDAD
September 19th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Got a feeling that the Gamecocks are gonna unload on Wofford. Frustration abounds in Gamecock land and they are looking to kick somebodies ass.

RazorEdge19
September 19th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Got a feeling that the Gamecocks are gonna unload on Wofford. Frustration abounds in Gamecock land and they are looking to kick somebodies ass.

xeyebrowx xeyebrowx Guess we'll see...

ngineer
September 20th, 2008, 09:30 AM

No question Spurrier is the type to 'unload' if he gets the chance. I hope the Terriers can stay in the hunt. A win by Wofford would be 'almost' as big as ASU's win at Michigan.;) Interesting that USC would be having QB issues. You'd think every HS QB in the South would want to play for the 'ol ball coach'....xconfusedx

SoCon48
September 20th, 2008, 10:26 AM
I pull for USC. But not today. Go Terrierists..take it to 'em!

SoCon48
September 20th, 2008, 10:27 AM
good luck go beat them cocks...

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx
Assuming that was a pun.

And I'm hoping the Furmies choke the chickens today!