PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Illinois @ Illinois State

Panthers_Blue
September 18th, 2008, 06:53 AM
It's time to start discussing this long time rivalry. Does EIU finally get back in the win column? Or does the Redbirds keep up the streak?

Coach37
September 18th, 2008, 01:19 PM
EIU is a better team than it was a year ago, ISU will have a big home field advantage but playing in front of a noisy crowd shouldn't bother the Panthers. They have already played two games this season in that same environment. Go Panthers!

Panthers_Blue
September 19th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Couldn't agree anymore. Plus it's the debut of Chavon Walker. I don't think he will get a ton of snaps, but if you want speed then he is the man. The combination of Bess and Walker is going to run defenses ragged the rest of the year.

Panthers_Blue
September 19th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Bump

siuham
September 19th, 2008, 11:00 AM
ISU hasn't been tested this year, so this could go either way. I always find it hard to pick against ISU when they're at home, but I'm still learning towards EIU in this one.

TTUEagles
September 19th, 2008, 12:33 PM
Good luck, Panthers!

Panthers_Blue
September 20th, 2008, 08:01 AM
bump

JaxSinfonian
September 20th, 2008, 09:03 AM
Go get 'em Panthers. I'll be pulling for you from Chattanooga today.

Cocky
September 20th, 2008, 10:32 PM
Nice win for the OVC.

Panthers_Blue
September 21st, 2008, 12:03 AM
The 6 year streak is over!! Just got back from ISU and what a game. EIU down 21-7 mind way through the 3rd quarter, and come back and win 25-21! What a great emotional boost of these Panthers. The defense deserves one hell of a pat on the back. Keep it up.

Go Panthers!!

JaxSinfonian
September 21st, 2008, 12:12 AM
Congrats! Great win for the Panthers, and good for the OVC.

Better enjoy it while you can, though. Looking forward to next weekend ...

Panthers_Blue
September 21st, 2008, 12:14 AM
Can't wait, should be a good one in the Chuck!

Maroons
September 21st, 2008, 12:26 AM
Nice! It's good to see some OVC teams exorcising some of these demons. The times, they are a changin'.

ISUMatt
September 21st, 2008, 01:44 AM
God Brockway handed this game away with 3 AWEFUL interceptions and a fumble...

Panthers_Blue
September 21st, 2008, 09:02 AM
Brockway is sure a long way from Drone. However the RB Blow is going to have a nice career. Good moves at the line, can get up field in a hurry. For the 97th meeting it was a hell of a game. Maybe this will be the norm for a while after last year then this years game. Maybe for the 100th meeting we play somewhere other then Hancock or O'Brien.

Coach37
September 21st, 2008, 01:37 PM
I wouldn't be too hard on Brockway, he made some mistakes but a great deal of the credit goes to the Panther Defense. If I had # 91 in my face I might throw some picks or lay it on the ground as well? A lot of the Panther's stepped up and made plays in the second half to get this win. Good teams become great teams when they find a way to win on their bad days and I think we did that last night.

GO Panthers

PantherRob82
September 21st, 2008, 02:48 PM
Nice! It's good to see some OVC teams exorcising some of these demons. The times, they are a changin'.

Yeah, Illinois State is going way down hill. xthumbsupx

Panthers_Blue
September 21st, 2008, 03:24 PM
Coach

Your right the EIU D was just to much in the end. They pinned theirs ears back and were flying around to outside the whole second half. This defense is very good and if they keep playing like they have, there are good things to come.