PDA

View Full Version : Should a coach lose his job for personal problems?

Wolfman
September 17th, 2008, 01:31 PM
As many of you know, both Terry Bowden (Auburn), and Mike Dubose (Alabama) lost their jobs for having affairs with ladies associated in some way with the athletic department of their respective schools.

My question is this..... do you think that a coach's personal problems should affect his job status? If so, should he be fired for the following:

1) having an affair while married, which is made public in the community

2) hitting on college girls associated with his program (cheerleaders, dancing team, or athletic office personnel, etc.).

danefan
September 17th, 2008, 01:34 PM
I coach should be fired for doing anything that the administration deems to have reflected negatively on the university.

There's obvious degrees of negative activity, but that depends on the area of the country (e.g., bible belt), type of school, precedent, etc.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 17th, 2008, 01:39 PM
If a coach is doing his job he should be retained.

What he does on his own time is nothing a government funded University should be able to do anything about.

Who cares if he *****s chickens and sleeps with a real doll (http://www.realdoll.com/) just so he's not lonely at night, it's none of your business.

Unless it's affecting his job performance it's ridiculous.

Biff
September 17th, 2008, 01:40 PM
I think you will find most schools push a moral standard on coaches. Hell, The Citadel let Charlie Taaffe go due to a drinking problem in the mid 90's. Until we got Coach Higgins, I thought we should have kept Taaffe and just hired someone to drive him around.

Appaholic
September 17th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Who cares if he *****s chickens and sleeps with a real doll (http://www.realdoll.com/) just so he's not lonely at night, it's none of your business.

Exactly...look at Alfie....fokking chickens has never hindered him....

xsmiley_wix :p

danefan
September 17th, 2008, 01:41 PM

What he does on his own time is nothing a government funded University should be able to do anything about.

What you do outside your job has the potential to effect your employer. Especially when you are a public figure, such as a football coach. You represent the school in the community and for some nationally. You have to be accountable for your actions both on the field and off.xpeacex

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 17th, 2008, 01:44 PM
What you do outside your job has the potential to effect your employer. Especially when you are a public figure, such as a football coach. You represent the school in the community and for some nationally. You have to be accountable for your actions both on the field and off.xpeacex

I agree with you that is the way it is currently but my response is that way of thinking is totally BS if the guy is doing his job.

Sorry I don't march goosestep.

Wolfman
September 17th, 2008, 01:46 PM

I agree. Obviously, the presidents of both Auburn and Alabama agree. And, let's not forget that Mike Price was also fired by Alabama for merely doing the titty bar thing.

So, if a member of the female dance team at a university complains to the athletic department that the head coach is "hitting on her", should that coach be:

1) privately reprimanded by the AD
2) placed on probation, with another incident resulting in his removal, or,
3) fired after an investigation confirms that he has, in fact, been hitting on this student

danefan
September 17th, 2008, 01:52 PM
I agree. Obviously, the presidents of both Auburn and Alabama agree. And, let's not forget that Mike Price was also fired by Alabama for merely doing the titty bar thing.

So, if a member of the female dance team at a university complains to the athletic department that the head coach is "hitting on her", should that coach be:

1) privately reprimanded by the AD
2) placed on probation, with another incident resulting in his removal, or,
3) fired after an investigation confirms that he has, in fact, been hitting on this student

If you are asking me, then I don't personally think that's such a big deal. If I was the AD I would probably tell the Coach to keep it off campus and don't let it be a problem.

To me its not the same as a student-teacher or even athlete-coach relationship. Those relationships become dicey because there is inherent ability to exert power of a subordinate.

Not really the case in your example. Its more then likely the hypothetical dance team member is over 18 and an adult. Now that assumes it is "hitting on" only and doesn't rise to the level of harassment. When you get into the realm of harassment you are entering a whole differnt ball game because of Title IX and potential institutional liability.

LCFan21
September 17th, 2008, 01:52 PM

Not to mention you are a mentor and role model for students/ athletes and the community - there are unwritten rules and codes of conduct that you just cannot cross when holding a position such as this - there are more lines to cross then say someone who is not in a position of authority or viewed as a figure head. For example....a married lawyer or doctor who just works within the community could get away with dating a cheerleader. Head football coach....not so much!

mcveyrl
September 17th, 2008, 03:04 PM
If his problem is that he's too dumb to win a football game - absolutely.

Seven Would Be Nice
September 17th, 2008, 03:18 PM
They fire a coach, but let the president stay in office?

/endpoli

Screamin_Eagle174
September 17th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Our last AD was terminated because of an alleged incident during a faculty Christmas gathering at said AD's residence. It was reported that he inappropriately touched/kissed a female coworker from the Athletic Department. The details of his termination were never really made public, but there were also allegations that there was a lot of faculty within the Athletic Department that disagreed with his style of business/leadership.

With that said, a coach will be fired if his conduct reflects negatively on the University (pending it's made public). Flirting with a cheerleader? Not much of a problem except for his wife (pending he's married), unless the flirting becomes turns into harrassment. Otherwise, tell the chick to stop being such a prude!

Green26
September 17th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Coaches who have significant issues and violate university policy should be subject to sanctions, including possible dismissal--just like notoriously bad fans should be denied access to stadiums and have their season tickets pulled.

Ivytalk
September 17th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Coaches who have significant issues and violate university policy should be subject to sanctions, including possible dismissal--just like notoriously bad fans should be denied access to stadiums and have their season tickets pulled.

Well put, as usual!xthumbsupx

aust42
September 17th, 2008, 03:47 PM

Wow that doll is hot. :D

griz37
September 17th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Any other Griz fans reading this & wondering when Wolfman is going to say "I heard from a very reliable source in the Athletic Dept. that Bobby Hauck was trying to pick up one of the Sugar Bears last weekend"?

Uncle Rico's Clan
September 17th, 2008, 03:50 PM
Any other Griz fans reading this & wondering when Wolfman is going to say "I heard from a very reliable source in the Athletic Dept. that Bobby Hauck was trying to pick up one of the Sugar Bears last weekend"?

I am just waiting to hear the "inside" information he knows.

slostang
September 17th, 2008, 04:11 PM

Wolfie is a one trick pony so you know that this is related to Bobby Hauck. He post nothing but Hauck hate.

montanafan
September 17th, 2008, 04:18 PM

Wolfie, did coach Hauck hit on you? Or did he turn you down?:D :D

Green26
September 17th, 2008, 04:18 PM
It came from the guy on the bar stool at Red's, right before he passed out and fell off the stool.

montanafan
September 17th, 2008, 04:19 PM
It came from the guy on the bar stool at Red's, right before he passed out and fell off the stool.

I think Wolfi has been at Amvettes not Reds. :D :D

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 17th, 2008, 05:15 PM

Classy, make fun of the fags while putting down the Wolf, do you punch old people if they take your parking spaces as well?

Your cool for making fun of others sexuality, do you feel better about yourself now?

xnonox

montanafan
September 17th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Classy, make fun of the fags while putting down the Wolf, do you punch old people if they take your parking spaces as well?

Your cool for making fun of others sexuality, do you feel better about yourself now?

xnonox

Let me think about that for a second .........

Yes

montanafan
September 17th, 2008, 05:24 PM

xnonox

NO, I'm not that bad,I just call Reds Towing.

Wolfman
September 17th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Wolfie is a one trick pony so you know that this is related to Bobby Hauck. He post nothing but Hauck hate.

Ya know, I get pissed when pedestrian Griz fans throw around the "Griz envy" B.S. But, if there ever was a non-Griz who has got his nose firmly implanted in the Grizzly arse, it is YOU SloWitStang.

You suck up to every sugar coater on egriz, especially your special friend, Grizbacker1. You two should get a room.

Just because your Poly team is overrated, and will lose a bunch more games this year, you have to spend your time kissing Griz butt. Pathetic little man. xlolx

Wolfman
September 17th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Wolfie, did coach Hauck hit on you? Or did he turn you down?:D :D

Oh, is Hauck gay? Can I say that you told me so? I'll be sure to protect my family jewels next time I am around him.

Wolfman
September 17th, 2008, 05:31 PM

I love Amvets. Great bar. I buy many drinks for the heros who put their arse on the line to allow vermin like you to post your drivel on message boards.
xeyebrowx

montanafan
September 17th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Oh, is Hauck gay? Can I say that you told me so? I'll be sure to protect my family jewels next time I am around him.

Wolfie, your back on the saddle again. I was affraid that we lost you for a second. Thank goodness we can count on you for your top notch reporting for our sugar coating fans. Look forward to hear how bad we messed up things this weekend. Keep us posted on your replacement plans so we know when they are working. xsmiley_wix

Wolfman
September 17th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Not to mention you are a mentor and role model for students/ athletes and the community - there are unwritten rules and codes of conduct that you just cannot cross when holding a position such as this - there are more lines to cross then say someone who is not in a position of authority or viewed as a figure head. For example....a married lawyer or doctor who just works within the community could get away with dating a cheerleader. Head football coach....not so much!

Agreed. Very Interesting indeed! :)

montanafan
September 17th, 2008, 05:35 PM
I love Amvets. Great bar. I buy many drinks for the heros who put their arse on the line to allow vermin like you to post your drivel on message boards.
xeyebrowx

Sorry, to disapoint you but my family including myself have all served in the armed forces for 4 generations, maybe even more I just don't have family records that go back farther.

montanafan
September 17th, 2008, 05:38 PM
xeyebrowx

How about you wolfie, have you ever as you so clearly put it "put your arse" on the line for your country?

Wolfman
September 17th, 2008, 05:40 PM

And I supose that you are the self-annoited judge of who is a "good fan", and who is a "bad fan"???? You are such a tool.

Do you have a clue how many boosters and Griz players laugh at you behind your back? You are a frequent topic of conversation at many downtown Missoula bars. I wish you could be a little flower on the wall to hear them laughing at your narcissitic arse. Perhaps you would become more humble and less of a know-it-all. xbowx

Wolfman
September 17th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Wolfie, your back on the saddle again. I was affraid that we lost you for a second. Thank goodness we can count on you for your top notch reporting for our sugar coating fans. Look forward to hear how bad we messed up things this weekend. Keep us posted on your replacement plans so we know when they are working. xsmiley_wix

When a poster like you has to resort to the "gay card" in a lame attempt at smack, you expose yourself as a true rookie league smacker. The gay thing is a bit sophomoric, trite, and hackneyed, don't you think???

If you can't do better, stifle thyself.

montanafan
September 17th, 2008, 05:48 PM
When a poster like you has to resort to the "gay card" in a lame attempt at smack, you expose yourself as a true rookie league smacker. The gay thing is a bit sophomoric, trite, and hackneyed, don't you think???

If you can't do better, stifle thyself.

Did I ever once say you are gay? xnonox xnonox

danefan
September 17th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Smack
<---------------

Was almost a good conversation.

montanafan
September 17th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Smack
<---------------

Was almost a good conversation.

Sorry danefan, you are right. No more smack on this topic

Believe it or not I actually agree with Wolfie that a coach should be held to a higher standard when it comes to the way the community views them. As mentioned in earlier post on this topic, they (the coaches) are roll models for kids as well as commuinty leaders and should hold themselves to a higher standard than the average Joe. Why, because they will have had the opportunity to leave a lasting impression on our future leaders and community as a whole and it should never be an acceptable pratice no mater who they are.

CopperCat
September 17th, 2008, 06:07 PM
As a future father who will be putting his kids into sports programs, no way in hell I send my kid to play for a team that has a coach that sleeps around, drinks excessively, etc. I understand everyone has their issues, but a coach is supposed to be a role model. If they can't keep their own shat straight, then how the hell are they supposed to run a team that is stocked with young impressionable teenagers/young adults?

D1scout
September 17th, 2008, 06:36 PM

Danefan, you are 100% correct in your stance and in my book. Let's get back to when a coach represented more than just the number of W's he put in a book. A coach has a moral and ethical obligation to present himself/herself as an outstanding example to the team members and the university who employed him/her. These positions need to become more than a business position as they have become today. Furthermore, we need coaches that are dedicated to their athletes and loyal to the university who hires them. Most of these guys today are strictly in it for the money and live by the creed "Show me the money!". They are gone in a heartbeat in spite of all the lies they spin while denying that they are looking elsewhere.

Luther_Heggs
September 17th, 2008, 06:38 PM
As a future father who will be putting his kids into sports programs, no way in hell I send my kid to play for a team that has a coach that sleeps around, drinks excessively, etc. I understand everyone has their issues, but a coach is supposed to be a role model. If they can't keep their own shat straight, then how the hell are they supposed to run a team that is stocked with young impressionable teenagers/young adults?

If all fathers did that...they would be holding the coach up to much higher standards than themselves.

placidlakegriz
September 17th, 2008, 06:59 PM
And I supose that you are the self-annoited judge of who is a "good fan", and who is a "bad fan"???? You are such a tool.

Do you have a clue how many boosters and Griz players laugh at you behind your back? You are a frequent topic of conversation at many downtown Missoula bars. I wish you could be a little flower on the wall to hear them laughing at your narcissitic arse. Perhaps you would become more humble and less of a know-it-all. xbowx

1/100th of the number who laugh at you!

SoCon48
September 17th, 2008, 07:21 PM
As many of you know, both Terry Bowden (Auburn), and Mike Dubose (Alabama) lost their jobs for having affairs with ladies associated in some way with the athletic department of their respective schools.

My question is this..... do you think that a coach's personal problems should affect his job status? If so, should he be fired for the following:

2) hitting on college girls associated with his program (cheerleaders, dancing team, or athletic office personnel, etc.).

I dunno, but poking a fellow employee will get an exec's azz canned at any Fortune 500 company in the country. Particularly a subordinate. Not to mention a big $$$ harrassment suit when she gets tired of you. The old saying, don't get your p***** where you get your paycheck" is good advice.xnodx

slostang
September 17th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Ya know, I get pissed when pedestrian Griz fans throw around the "Griz envy" B.S. But, if there ever was a non-Griz who has got his nose firmly implanted in the Grizzly arse, it is YOU SloWitStang.

You suck up to every sugar coater on egriz, especially your special friend, Grizbacker1. You two should get a room.

Just because your Poly team is overrated, and will lose a bunch more games this year, you have to spend your time kissing Griz butt. Pathetic little man. xlolx

If anyone know about being a PATHETIC LITTLE MAN, it would be you. Do you have anything to offer here other than your hate of Hauck???? I have not seen it yet. You post on no other thread other than the ones you start about how the Griz program is on the decline. Anyone disagrees with you and you come back with childish name calling.

How about proof the Griz are in decline. They continue to dominate the Big Sky, go to playoffs every year (Hauck has taken them to the NC and Semi's), and they are one of the top teams as far as attendance. I am sure there are over 100 over FCS teams that would like to have a decline like the Griz.

Wolfman
September 17th, 2008, 08:04 PM
If anyone know about being a PATHETIC LITTLE MAN, it would be you. Do you have anything to offer here other than your hate of Hauck???? I have not seen it yet. You post on no other thread other than the ones you start about how the Griz program is on the decline. Anyone disagrees with you and you come back with childish name calling.

How about proof the Griz are in decline. They continue to dominate the Big Sky, go to playoffs every year (Hauck has taken them to the NC and Semi's), and they are one of the top teams as far as attendance. I am sure there are over 100 over FCS teams that would like to have a decline like the Griz.

You are a Griz butt-kisser, end of story. You are pathetic.

Wolfman
September 17th, 2008, 08:05 PM

By the way, I am not little.

Wolfman
September 17th, 2008, 08:06 PM

I dunno, but poking a fellow employee will get an exec's azz canned at any Fortune 500 company in the country. Particularly a subordinate. Not to mention a big $$$ harrassment suit when she gets tired of you. The old saying, don't get your p***** where you get your paycheck" is good advice.xnodx

Agreed xsmhx

Wolfman
September 17th, 2008, 08:09 PM
1/100th of the number who laugh at you!

Go ahead and laugh at me. You and your bretheran are sugar coaters, can not deal with objectivity. Come down to Reds, Stocks, or The Mo Club and drink with the real Griz fans. You will then see who the joke is. By the way, it isn't me.

slostang
September 17th, 2008, 08:10 PM

By the way, either am I.

So answer the question. What have you added to this board other than your hate of Hauck? Have you posted on any thread that you have not started?

Wolfman
September 17th, 2008, 08:13 PM
Sorry danefan, you are right. No more smack on this topic

Believe it or not I actually agree with Wolfie that a coach should be held to a higher standard when it comes to the way the community views them. As mentioned in earlier post on this topic, they (the coaches) are roll models for kids as well as commuinty leaders and should hold themselves to a higher standard than the average Joe. Why, because they will have had the opportunity to leave a lasting impression on our future leaders and community as a whole and it should never be an acceptable pratice no mater who they are.

Thank you for your valid input. I agree with your viewpoint on this topic. You are one of the few Montana fans in this thread who has engaged in some good banter about the topic. The others are pathetic losers who relegate themselves to cheap namecalling and thread hi-jacking.

Yes, I reserve the right to respond to these pin heads, and to defend myself. Just note who initiated the smack in this thread. That is all I ask.

Wolfman
September 17th, 2008, 08:16 PM
If all fathers did that...they would be holding the coach up to much higher standards than themselves.

While every father should hold HIMSELF to a high standard, a public figure like a head coach MUST hold himself to a high standard, because everyone is judging his every move 100% of the time, including his personal life.

slostang
September 17th, 2008, 08:18 PM
BTW, I do think that a coach should be held to a higher standard. I just question your reason for starting this thread. I see some slander in the near future.

Wolfman
September 17th, 2008, 08:27 PM
BTW, I do think that a coach should be held to a higher standard. I just question your reason for starting this thread. I see some slander in the near future.

Go away, Griz wannabee-boy. Your act is getting tired. Go sniff Grizbacker1's jock strap or something.

Wolfman
September 17th, 2008, 08:29 PM
By the way, either am I.

So answer the question. What have you added to this board other than your hate of Hauck? Have you posted on any thread that you have not started?

You are not wanted here. Please place me on ignore

slostang
September 17th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Just as I thought, instead of answering the question you sling mud. You are a piece of work.

Take your own advice and place me on ignore because I plan to keep calling BS on your BS.

Another thing, while I admire what the Griz have built I am first and foremost a Mustang fan. I also think what the Mustangs have been able to do with less in terms of facilities, fan and finacial support is just as impressive if not more impressive than programs like Montana and App. State.

Now go try bullying someone else. It does not work with me little man.

PantherRob82
September 17th, 2008, 09:40 PM
How long til we can boot wolfman?

IABison
September 17th, 2008, 09:42 PM
Just as I thought, instead of answering the question you sling mud. You are a piece of work.

Take your own advice and place me on ignore because I plan to keep calling BS on your BS.

Another thing, while I admire what the Griz have built I am first and foremost a Mustang fan. I also think what the Mustangs have been able to do with less in terms of facilities, fan and finacial support is just as impressive if not more impressive than programs like Montana and App. State.

Now go try bullying someone else. It does not work with me little man.

xoutofrepx

Luther_Heggs
September 17th, 2008, 09:43 PM
While every father should hold HIMSELF to a high standard, a public figure like a head coach MUST hold himself to a high standard, because everyone is judging his every move 100% of the time, including his personal life.

I think that could turn into a kind of a slippery slope argument. I believe the general public has decided that an affair (Sen. John Edwards) or drinking (Sen. Ted Kennedy) is not enough to relieve a US Senator from his job. So, I hardly think a simple football coach is doing permanent damage to his community if he has as affair...or drinks too much.

griz8791
September 17th, 2008, 09:56 PM
When you keep complaining about "pedestrian" Griz fans, you mean the ones who disagree with you because they aren't as smart as you, right? Not the ones who park along East Broadway and walk to the stadium over the Van Buren Street footbridge?

placidlakegriz
September 17th, 2008, 10:05 PM
You are not wanted here. Please place me on ignore

Pot calling kettle.

Ronin
September 17th, 2008, 10:36 PM
Personally what the coach does in his personal life is just that personal. However, many universities have a morals clause written into the contract. The coach knows about the clause and the risk to his career. If he doesn't want to abide by the contract -- then don't sign it.

AmsterBison
September 18th, 2008, 02:12 AM
As long as the affair does not constitute sexual harrassment or something illegal, then no - unless it is spelled out in his contract.

If adultery is such a big deal to the community, they should make adultery grounds for dismissal for everybody in the community. Anything less sounds to me like folks want to punish somebody for their own sins.

Same deal for alcoholism or any other type of behavior "the community" thinks should be punished (but, oddly, only when certain people engage in it).

Preachy time: It'd be far better world if each person would hold himself or herself to a higher standard rather than only holding *other* people to a higher standard... I mean, unless your belief system is one in which you are accountable for what your neighbor does or if your belief system is some neo-pagan one in which the community is punished for the impurity of their leader.

RDH701
September 18th, 2008, 07:32 AM
Personally what the coach does in his personal life is just that personal. However, many universities have a morals clause written into the contract. The coach knows about the clause and the risk to his career. If he doesn't want to abide by the contract -- then don't sign it.

Accurately stated, choices have consequences, think first.

griz8791
September 18th, 2008, 08:36 AM
. . . My question is this..... do you think that a coach's personal problems should affect his job status? If so, should he be fired for the following:

Push-polling arrives at AGS. Awesome.

BisonBabe
September 18th, 2008, 09:24 AM

Well said. There are many jobs that have clauses in the contract that you must sign and agree to. If you are unable or unwilling to follow said contract then you can and will lose your job. End of story.

Luther_Heggs
September 18th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Well said. There are many jobs that have clauses in the contract that you must sign and agree to. If you are unable or unwilling to follow said contract then you can and will lose your job. End of story.

The problem is the contracts do not state "If you start boffing Tina from the Starlight Lounge you will be dismissed". They are usually extremely vague. The same clause that lets you know you will be dismissed if you hijack a 737 can also be applied if you tell the university's president's husband (life partner) that you are against gay marriage. Those are extreme examples...but you need extreme examples sometimes to point out the problems.

Wolfman
September 18th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Pot calling kettle.

Then stay out of my threads, numb nutz. There have been many great posts here concerning the topic, which I appreciate. But, the idiot Griz fans like you who have an agenda never fail to hi-jack a great thread. Instead of spewing your muck, why not refrain from posting? A novel idea, I realize, but even you should be capable of it. xconfusedx

Montanan
September 18th, 2008, 11:19 AM

far to much generalization, it would depend on verifiable proof and on an individual basis.

Exactly...look at Alfie....fokking chickens has never hindered him....

Appaholic, unless your info is recent you are mistaken abt Alfie,
the chicken thing was Wolfman back when he used a different username on another forum, SGF...

from an old friend.
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x102/Montanan_1/AGS2/SGF-jacket-2.gif

Wolfman
September 18th, 2008, 11:22 AM
far to much generalization, it would depend on verifiable proof and on an individual basis.

Appaholic, unless your info is recent you are mistaken abt Alfie,
the chicken thing was Wolfman back when he used a different username on another forum, SGF...

from an old friend.
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x102/Montanan_1/AGS2/SGF-jacket-2.gif

Another obsessed-with-Wolfman loser montana fan. You all are really impressing the national FCS fan base with your posts. You should all be proud of yourselves.

Montanan
September 18th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Another obsessed-with-Wolfman loser montana fan. You all are really impressing the national FCS fan base with your posts. You should all be proud of yourselves.

for your edification, it is inappropriate to use the words proud and Wolfman in any sort of stmt, and when using them togeather it's called an oxymoron! xlolx xnodx xlolx

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 18th, 2008, 11:39 AM

Yes you are, you forget I have seen you at tailgate party's and running out the back door at the Mo Club.

Wolfman
September 18th, 2008, 11:40 AM
for your edification, it is inappropriate to use the words proud and Wolfman in any sort of stmt, and when using them togeather it's called an oxymoron! xlolx xnodx xlolx

And you are just the suffix of the word.

Wolfman
September 18th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Yes you are, you forget I have seen you at tailgate party's and running out the back door at the Mo Club.

If you chased an old man out the door of the Mo Club, it was not me. Perhaps it was one of your wet dreams. And, I have never met you at the tailgates. Why do you lie?

Montanan
September 18th, 2008, 11:55 AM
And you are just the suffix of the word.

coherent you're not, yet you've managed to find your lot in life...

from an old friend.
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x102/Montanan_1/AGS2/Wolfy4.gif

Jiggs
September 18th, 2008, 12:00 PM

NOTE: Terry Bowden resigned mid-season. The school did not fire him. While some rumors existed about some sort of extra-marital activity, I challenge you to provide proof of same.

placidlakegriz
September 18th, 2008, 12:32 PM
Then stay out of my threads, numb nutz. There have been many great posts here concerning the topic, which I appreciate. But, the idiot Griz fans like you who have an agenda never fail to hi-jack a great thread. Instead of spewing your muck, why not refrain from posting? A novel idea, I realize, but even you should be capable of it. xconfusedx

Oh yea. My family has been involved long than with the U than you, and has donated more money if one year than you will your whole life time.

Wolfman
September 18th, 2008, 05:41 PM
coherent you're not, yet you've managed to find your lot in life...

from an old friend.
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x102/Montanan_1/AGS2/Wolfy4.gif

I guess I have. I have founded and sold to medical device companies, and currently sit on the board of two other medical device start-ups. I was able to retire comfortably at age 47. I have donated over two million dollars to the University of Montana (not the athletic department). Not bragging, just putting you in the place you should be in, manning the back room of Mickey D's.

Anything else you would like to post about my "lot in life"?

Wolfman
September 18th, 2008, 05:43 PM
NOTE: Terry Bowden resigned mid-season. The school did not fire him. While some rumors existed about some sort of extra-marital activity, I challenge you to provide proof of same.

Like i've got the proof locked up in my lock box. Puh-lease. Every football fan knows that he was fired for (allegedly) diddling the young daughter of a very influential alumni. Yeah, he "resigned". R-I-G-H-T !!!

CopperCat
September 18th, 2008, 06:01 PM

So WTF is that supposed to mean? That holding a coach to a high standard isn't expected or necessary? The coach is a PUBLIC FIGURE and represents something much more than just a team. A coach is a teacher, and if you are teaching kids that it is okay to be a slackass off the field/court, then you don't deserve to be a coach. The father might be a complete piece of crap, but at least the coach will teach the kid something. ALL fathers SHOULD be holding themselves to the same standards in the first place.

I didn't say anything about ALL fathers in the first place. Don't really know why you decided to make the above comment, nor do I really care for it.

Montanan
September 18th, 2008, 06:04 PM
I guess I have. I have founded and sold to medical device companies, and currently sit on the board of two other medical device start-ups. I was able to retire comfortably at age 47. I have donated over two million dollars to the University of Montana (not the athletic department). Not bragging, just putting you in the place you should be in, manning the back room of Mickey D's.

now-now lets not forget slumlord, with all them rentals you and Donald T. have. your slip'in wolfy, thought you'd of dropped his name by now. you multi-faceted devil you!

you can disguise your posts any way you wish, in the end all you do is pump out the same ole coach hating, self promoting...

from an old friend.
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x102/Montanan_1/AGS2/Wolfy3.gif

Wolfman
September 18th, 2008, 06:17 PM
now-now lets not forget slumlord, with all them rentals you and Donald T. have. your slip'in wolfy, thought you'd of dropped his name by now. you multi-faceted devil you!

you can disguise your posts any way you wish, in the end all you do is pump out the same ole coach hating, self promoting...

from an old friend.
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x102/Montanan_1/AGS2/Wolfy3.gif

Jizzpacker1, I do not need to try an impress anybody by listing my assets. Although, it is comforting to know that my yearly gambling budget is more than you make annually. :)

IABison
September 18th, 2008, 06:27 PM
I have donated over two million dollars to the University of Montana

They should rename the stadium Wolfie-Grizzly Stadium... xlolx

Montanan
September 18th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Jizzpacker1, I do not need to try an impress anybody by listing my assets. Although, it is comforting to know that my yearly gambling budget is more than you make annually. :)

name calling, how Wolfy-like is that? reminds me of your last persona, on another board...

from an old friend.
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x102/Montanan_1/AGS2/AZ-pickle3.gif

the one and only (thank goodness), hold it, hold it, PICKLE BOY!

Montanan
September 18th, 2008, 06:42 PM

why? it was monopoly money, school tries to send it back but as usual, no return address!

Luther_Heggs
September 18th, 2008, 07:26 PM
So WTF is that supposed to mean? That holding a coach to a high standard isn't expected or necessary? The coach is a PUBLIC FIGURE and represents something much more than just a team. A coach is a teacher, and if you are teaching kids that it is okay to be a slackass off the field/court, then you don't deserve to be a coach. The father might be a complete piece of crap, but at least the coach will teach the kid something. ALL fathers SHOULD be holding themselves to the same standards in the first place.

I didn't say anything about ALL fathers in the first place. Don't really know why you decided to make the above comment, nor do I really care for it.

I'm not saying don't hold them to a high standard. But just because he is a "public figure" I do not think he represents the future of America or anything. I think if his personal life doesn't interfere with his job, why do you care so much?

I do think a coach needs to behave better than say your accountant. It's okay if your accountant is up in the cheerleaders' motel room until 4:00 AM...but not the coach. There are some parental type duties involved in coaching.

placidlakegriz
September 18th, 2008, 07:58 PM

Like I said, my family and family business has donated more money to the U than u.

Green26
September 18th, 2008, 08:52 PM
Wolfman/Arcadia hasn't donated $2 million to UM. Total BS.

I wonder how long the Arcadia name is going to last on egriz? Didn't one of your other names get banned there recently too?

Wolfman
September 18th, 2008, 09:24 PM

I wonder how long the Arcadia name is going to last on egriz? Didn't one of your other names get banned there recently too?

Are you smoking crack again? I have not posted on esugar.com for 8 months. You are obsessed with me. And, no wonder, I expose you for the jock sniffing charlatan that you are. xlolx

Wolfman
September 18th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Like I said, my family and family business has donated more money to the U than u.

So what? Does that make you a big man? I am not impressed with "family money". Mine was all made by me.

Wolfman
September 18th, 2008, 09:32 PM
I'm not saying don't hold them to a high standard. But just because he is a "public figure" I do not think he represents the future of America or anything. I think if his personal life doesn't interfere with his job, why do you care so much?

I do think a coach needs to behave better than say your accountant. It's okay if your accountant is up in the cheerleaders' motel room until 4:00 AM...but not the coach. There are some parental type duties involved in coaching.

Luther, I do not agree with you. A head football coach assumes when he takes the job that his every minute will be scrutinized by a microscope. If he is into phlandering, visiting titty bars, or any other activity which may embarrass the school, his job is at risk. Goes with the territory.

I wish to apologize for all of the Griz imbeciles who have hi-jacked this thread to support their sick agenda towards me. It happened on egriz.com, and is happening now. They are jealous of me in many respects, including the fact that have have a pair and will criticize their hallowed coach when he deserves it. Just skip their 5th-grade rantings and name calling.

Great discussion about the thread topic, by the way.

Wolfman
September 18th, 2008, 09:38 PM

Since you are a para-legal pretend attorney, perhaps you have heard of a Charitable Remainder Trust? That's the only hint I will give you. You are such a tool. You know NOTHING about my relationship with UM. You know nothing about my relationship with the House of Delegates.

Why do you continually embarrass yourself because I piss away more money in a year than you have made in your miserable ambulance-chasing life? Oh, I forgot.......contract writer! Ooooo! Sexy! xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

GrizFanStuckInUtah
September 18th, 2008, 10:13 PM
What did Bobby Hauck do now Wolfie? He has to come up somewhere, spit it out xrotatehx

Green26
September 18th, 2008, 11:36 PM
Recent quotes by Wolfman and Arcadia:

"I counted exactly 10 running plays by the Griz in the first half alone that gained either zero or minus yards."

"We had 10 running plays in the first half that gained zero yards, or lost yards."

Interesting, since the stat sheet showed only 5 plays for no gain and one for loss. I think Arcadia is going to disappear from egriz soon.

Perhaps I'll have some more laughs at your expense, Wolfie, with some the two or three dozen former Griz players who will stop by my box on Saturday. Even the people at Main Hall laugh at you, and the people in the development office have to hold them nose when they deal with you.

MarkCCU
September 19th, 2008, 07:51 AM
I'm not sure. If their personal problems shed a bad light on the school then discplinary action must occur. But if it's personal and kept private, it he/she shouldn't lose their job.

Grizzaholic
September 19th, 2008, 08:55 AM
Another one of Wolfies threads are about to head to smack. Way to go there Wolfie. Oh, and keep up the personal attacks.

Wolfman
September 19th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Recent quotes by Wolfman and Arcadia:

"I counted exactly 10 running plays by the Griz in the first half alone that gained either zero or minus yards."

"We had 10 running plays in the first half that gained zero yards, or lost yards."

Interesting, since the stat sheet showed only 5 plays for no gain and one for loss. I think Arcadia is going to disappear from egriz soon.

Perhaps I'll have some more laughs at your expense, Wolfie, with some the two or three dozen former Griz players who will stop by my box on Saturday. Even the people at Main Hall laugh at you, and the people in the development office have to hold them nose when they deal with you.

I was present at the game, and physically counted the number of plays which went for zero or losses in the first half. There were ten of them. I stopped counting in the second half. So, there is another poster who knows the truth too? Why does that surprise you, since you always spin the truth?

Look at Greenie chest thumping once again about his box-in-the-sky, and all of the important people who will be coming by to suck up to his highness.

You name dropped all of the time last year...Rick Neuhesel, Howie Long, et. al. We are all duly impressed! You are such a big fish in a small pond, Greenie. I just wish I could be as important as you, writing all of those contracts and such.

Keep stroking yourself off about what UM folks think of me, and I will keep dining with the Dennisons! xlolx xlolx xlolx Oh, by the way, I could care less what anyone thinks about me. You should understand that by now. xsmiley_wix

Wolfman
September 19th, 2008, 12:49 PM

Ya know, I like the ring of that!

Green26
September 19th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Well either this poster can't count or can't see--because the official stat sheet showed 5 runs for no gain and one loss in the first half. There was only 1 run for no gain in the second half, and presumably one for a loss.

Actually, everyone knows this poster makes up his "stats", as he has posted completely incorrect "stats" for your entire posting career.