PDA

View Full Version : Who will be in Harrisonburg?

mountain_man
September 17th, 2008, 10:16 AM
It's here. Who's going to be there?

mountain_man
bench

magman919
September 17th, 2008, 10:18 AM
I will be there with my App. gear freshly pressed.xthumbsupx

mcveyrl
September 17th, 2008, 10:19 AM
I will be there and welcome anybody who can to meet up at my tailgate.

If you don't tell me you'd like to stop by, there might not be any beer for you. xeekx xeekx

Last week we were in the spot closest to the convocation center. We'll have our cornhole boards out and have a little grill. Chances are we'll be set up between two or three. We're in a green Kia. I'll be wearing a JMU polo.

mountain_man
September 17th, 2008, 10:30 AM
mountain_man
bench
magman919
mcveyrl

Edit the list as you post. Maybe you Duke folks can tell everyone where to hook up for an AGS meet & greet.

Also, what is there to do in H-burg after the game?

mcveyrl
September 17th, 2008, 10:36 AM
mountain_man
bench
magman919
mcveyrl

Edit the list as you post. Maybe you Duke folks can tell everyone where to hook up for an AGS meet & greet.

Not sure about after the game. It's been a while (7-8 yrs) since I was plugged into the nightlife there.

mountain_man
September 17th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Not sure about after the game. It's been a while (7-8 yrs) since I was plugged into the nightlife there.

Where in NE TN do you live?

mcveyrl
September 17th, 2008, 10:41 AM
Where in NE TN do you live?

Tri-Cities

T-Dog
September 17th, 2008, 10:44 AM
*raises hand*

Eaglegus2
September 17th, 2008, 10:45 AM
This is one game that I will keep my eye on. I am glad that I get quarterly scores by text message.

I predict the one with the fewest errors will win. xnodx xlolx

BUT, I will take App State by 4 points in a nail-biter.

If my memory is correct, I predicted two of the three NC's in the preseason for the Mountaineers.
xthumbsupx

mcveyrl
September 17th, 2008, 10:51 AM
This is one game that I will keep my eye on. I am glad that I get quarterly scores by text message.

I predict the one with the fewest errors will win. xnodx xlolx

BUT, I will take App State by 4 points in a nail-biter.

If my memory is correct, I predicted two of the three NC's in the preseason for the Mountaineers.
xthumbsupx

I will go one step further and predict that the team who can score the most points will win.xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

mountain_man
September 17th, 2008, 10:54 AM
mountain_man
bench
magman919
mcveyrl
T-Dog

AshevilleApp2
September 17th, 2008, 10:55 AM
mountain_man
bench
magman919
mcveyrl
AshevilleApp2

I'm in.

BarefootApp
September 17th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Safer bet than putting bucks in the stock market. We AGSers are always taking chances!

AshevilleApp2
September 17th, 2008, 10:56 AM

If you don't tell me you'd like to stop by, there might not be any beer for you. xeekx xeekx

Last week we were in the spot closest to the convocation center. We'll have our cornhole boards out and have a little grill. Chances are we'll be set up between two or three. We're in a green Kia. I'll be wearing a JMU polo.

Is that close to the Days Inn?

mcveyrl
September 17th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Is that close to the Days Inn?

It actually is. You have to walk up a monster hill, but it's a doable walk from there.

If you guys want to PM your cell numbers, I will send a mass text when we get there and where we are.

biggie
September 17th, 2008, 11:03 AM
mountain_man
bench
magman919
mcveyrl
T-Dog
AshevilleApp2
biggie

JMU2004
September 17th, 2008, 11:07 AM
http://www.caazone.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=82444

http://www.caazone.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=82434

Almost every JMU fan on caazone will be there.

ASU thinks their bringing 5000.....pretty funny considering thats about 5 times the visiting allotment. My guess is closer to 2000-2500.

appfan2008
September 17th, 2008, 11:09 AM
I wish I could be there...

james_lawfirm
September 17th, 2008, 11:15 AM

I'll be there w/ family & son's friends. We'll be in blue Ford Expedition w/ faded block A on back windshield. (It's faded b/c its been on there since the '05 season.) Send PM, would enjoy meeting you all. We're coming up Friday night. Plan to tailgate all day Sat.

james_lawfirm
September 17th, 2008, 11:17 AM
http://www.caazone.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=82444

http://www.caazone.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=82434

Almost every JMU fan on caazone will be there.

ASU thinks their bringing 5000.....pretty funny considering thats about 5 times the visiting allotment. My guess is closer to 2000-2500.

FYI, I got my tickets through JMU. There may very well be 5k Mountaineers there. The faithful have been waiting and planning for this game since Dec. 14, 2007.

mountain_man
September 17th, 2008, 11:20 AM
mountain_man
bench
magman919
mcveyrl
T-Dog
AshevilleApp2
biggie
james_lawfirm

Eight Legger
September 17th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Wow, and I thought this was a big game. Only 8 people in attendance! Guess there will be a lot of empty seats....

AshevilleApp2
September 17th, 2008, 02:25 PM
It actually is. You have to walk up a monster hill, but it's a doable walk from there.

If you guys want to PM your cell numbers, I will send a mass text when we get there and where we are.

I'm still stuck in the dark ages of no cell phone. I'll try to track down the party though.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
September 17th, 2008, 02:29 PM
I'll be there - P-lot is the most common tailgate area for most of us that post on CAAZone.com

asknoquarter21
September 17th, 2008, 02:32 PM
I will be there with asucrutch23 and his mom and girlfriend

ASUMountaineer
September 17th, 2008, 02:58 PM
mountain_man
bench
magman919
mcveyrl
T-Dog
AshevilleApp2
biggie
james_lawfirm
asknoquarter21
asucrutch23
ASUMountaineer

ASUMountaineer
September 17th, 2008, 03:05 PM

I might stop by. I'd like to see your cornhole boards. We're planning on parking near the convo. center. You're welcome to stop by ours too, I'll have some ice cold Carolina brew if you'd like to partake. I'll be there with a few JMU fans too (wife's cousin is an alum). Black Jeep Grand Cherokee and a flag pole with an App flag and state of NC flag.

mcveyrl
September 17th, 2008, 03:07 PM
I might stop by. I'd like to see your cornhole boards. We're planning on parking near the convo. center. You're welcome to stop by ours too, I'll have some ice cold Carolina brew if you'd like to partake. I'll be there with a few JMU fans too (wife's cousin is an alum). Black Jeep Grand Cherokee and a flag pole with an App flag and state of NC flag.

That sounds good. I still haven't detailed the cornhole boards AND we had a bag explosion last weekend (the wife has no finesse). It was a pretty magical explosion, but will require some extra stitching this week.

ASUMountaineer
September 17th, 2008, 03:08 PM
That sounds good. I still haven't detailed the cornhole boards AND we had a bag explosion last weekend (the wife has no finesse). It was a pretty magical explosion, but will require some extra stitching this week.

HAHA, uh oh. Sounds good.

NYJMUSupporter
September 17th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Wouldn't miss it for anything! xrotatehx xnodx

Dukie95
September 17th, 2008, 03:54 PM
mountain_man
bench
magman919
mcveyrl
T-Dog
AshevilleApp2
biggie
james_lawfirm
asknoquarter21
asucrutch23
ASUMountaineer
JMU2K_DukeDog
NYJMUSupporter
Dukie95

Longhorn
September 17th, 2008, 08:01 PM
FYI, I got my tickets through JMU. There may very well be 5k Mountaineers there.

Highly unlikely. Once you subtract 5k for students, 6.5k for Duke Club and season ticket holders, who purchased upwards of 2k+ in extra ASU game tickets above and beyond their normal purchase, and another 500 seats set aside for the JMU band, you have only about 1.5k-2k tickets left plus standing room. The 2k number would include the allotment for the away school.

There's no doubt that ASU will have a large contingent of rabid fans in attendance to cheer on their team, but it won't come anywhere close to 5k (or approximately 1/3 of those in attendance).

ASU_MBA
September 17th, 2008, 08:23 PM
mountain_man
bench
magman919
mcveyrl
T-Dog
AshevilleApp2
biggie
james_lawfirm
asknoquarter21
asucrutch23
ASUMountaineer
JMU2K_DukeDog
NYJMUSupporter
Dukie95
ASU_MBA

ASU_MBA
September 17th, 2008, 08:24 PM
I got my tix through JMU as well...expect 3-4K in ASU fans....

AlphaSigMD
September 17th, 2008, 08:55 PM
mountain_man
bench
magman919
mcveyrl
T-Dog
AshevilleApp2
biggie
james_lawfirm
asknoquarter21
asucrutch23
ASUMountaineer
JMU2K_DukeDog
NYJMUSupporter
Dukie95
ASU_MBA
AlphaSigMD

JmuSkinsfan
September 17th, 2008, 09:17 PM
mountain_man
bench
magman919
mcveyrl
T-Dog
AshevilleApp2
biggie
james_lawfirm
asknoquarter21
asucrutch23
ASUMountaineer
JMU2K_DukeDog
NYJMUSupporter
Dukie95
ASU_MBA
AlphaSigMD
JmuSkinsfan

DEBO
September 17th, 2008, 09:24 PM
mountain_man
bench
magman919
mcveyrl
T-Dog
AshevilleApp2
biggie
james_lawfirm
asknoquarter21
asucrutch23
ASUMountaineer
JMU2K_DukeDog
NYJMUSupporter
Dukie95
ASU_MBA
AlphaSigMD
JmuSkinsfan
DeBo

T-Dog
September 17th, 2008, 09:38 PM
http://www.caazone.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=82444ASU thinks their bringing 5000.....pretty funny considering thats about 5 times the visiting allotment. My guess is closer to 2000-2500.

Honestly, I'm thinking somewhere around 4K. A ton of MMB members jumped on the JMU ticket sales back in March (myself included) and hearing the constant "I'll be there with 4 others", "Me, my wife, and 6 others" really makes me believe 4K is possible.

AppStsGr8
September 17th, 2008, 09:39 PM
mountain_man
bench
magman919
mcveyrl
T-Dog
AshevilleApp2
biggie
james_lawfirm
asknoquarter21
asucrutch23
ASUMountaineer
JMU2K_DukeDog
NYJMUSupporter
Dukie95
ASU_MBA
AlphaSigMD
JmuSkinsfan
DeBo
AppStsGr8

jmu_duke07
September 17th, 2008, 09:39 PM
I'll be there HANDS DOWN!

appmountaineer
September 17th, 2008, 10:26 PM
mountain_man
bench
magman919
mcveyrl
T-Dog
AshevilleApp2
biggie
james_lawfirm
asknoquarter21
asucrutch23
ASUMountaineer
JMU2K_DukeDog
NYJMUSupporter
Dukie95
ASU_MBA
AlphaSigMD
JmuSkinsfan
DeBo
AppStsGr8
Appmountaineer

Very Short President
September 18th, 2008, 05:33 PM
I am there for PAYBACK!

mcveyrl
September 19th, 2008, 07:47 AM
Alright people. So far I've got cell nos. from:

mountain_man
bench
asknoquarter21

They will be receiving the "McVeyrl's Tailgate is Set Up at X location" text.

I also need to PM jameslawfirm.

I'm leaving work about 2 or 3 today and won't be checking AGS before the game (I've got a pretty nice little Saturday planned, little tailgating, little football, maybe Bed, Bath and Beyond...I don't know if we'll have time).

If you didn't send the cell number, you're welcome to stop by, it just may be hard to find if we don't get as good a spot as we had last time.

james_lawfirm
September 19th, 2008, 08:05 AM
I'm leaving work about 2 or 3 today and won't be checking AGS before the game (I've got a pretty nice little Saturday planned, little tailgating, little football, maybe Bed, Bath and Beyond...I don't know if we'll have time).

You're going SHOPPING??? xeekx xeekx xeekx
What kind of weirdo are you?

mcveyrl
September 19th, 2008, 08:07 AM
You're going SHOPPING??? xeekx xeekx xeekx
What kind of weirdo are you?

Kidding. It's from Old School.

But, there has been talk that my wife and my buddy's wife might go shopping. If they do, the tailgate will be set up early and the cold beverages will start flowing quickly.

mountain_man
September 19th, 2008, 08:11 AM
the cold beverages will start flowing quickly.

I likey...xthumbsupx

Have a safe trip up, and holler at us tomorrow!

19Duke97
September 19th, 2008, 08:36 AM
I'll be there as well...

appst97
September 19th, 2008, 08:40 AM
AppSt97 + 11

james_lawfirm
September 19th, 2008, 09:51 AM
Kidding. It's from Old School.

But, there has been talk that my wife and my buddy's wife might go shopping. If they do, the tailgate will be set up early and the cold beverages will start flowing quickly.

Yeah, boy. You can't drink all day, if you don't start in the morning!

mcveyrl
September 19th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Yeah, boy. You can't drink all day, if you don't start in the morning!

That is an excellent quote that I'm using tomorrow!!

Longhorn
September 26th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Honestly, I'm thinking somewhere around 4K. A ton of MMB members jumped on the JMU ticket sales back in March (myself included) and hearing the constant "I'll be there with 4 others", "Me, my wife, and 6 others" really makes me believe 4K is possible.

Final account shows less than 2k ASU fans at the game...with 1750 close to the actual number...a good showing for an away team at Bridgeforth. Enjoyed having the ASU pep band in attendance too as it added to the atmosphere. JMU must get busy with it's stadium expansion plans...too many ASU visitors got stuck in the endzone IMO.

Skjellyfetti
September 26th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Final account shows less than 2k ASU fans at the game...with 1750 close to the actual number...a good showing for an away team at Bridgeforth. Enjoyed having the ASU pep band in attendance too as it added to the atmosphere. JMU must get busy with it's stadium expansion plans...too many ASU visitors got stuck in the endzone IMO.

How do they count that number? I got my tickets from JMU.

mcveyrl
September 26th, 2008, 03:01 PM

I thought there were more than that.

JMU2004
September 26th, 2008, 03:18 PM
2000-2250 is accurate. One section, plus maybe 1/3 of the endzone, and some others sprinkled around.

ASUMountaineer
September 26th, 2008, 03:25 PM
2000-2250 is accurate. One section, plus maybe 1/3 of the endzone, and some others sprinkled around.

Sections 8 and 7 were pretty much all ASU people.

chiapet9
September 26th, 2008, 03:44 PM

haha - too many JMU fans stuck in the endzone! i was one of them!