PDA

View Full Version : Tough Schedules

lizrdgizrd
September 16th, 2008, 09:46 AM
After reading the latest from Mickey Matthews, I started wondering who had the toughest schedule this season. Last season was SUU, who is it now? App plays 6 top 25 FCS teams (as currently ranked) and 1 top 25 FBS team this season. Anyone play more than that?

JMU2K_DukeDawg
September 16th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Delaware, aside from that home game vs. West Chester, has a brutal schedule. All the tough games are away from the friendly confines of the TUB. There is also another thread on here somewhere about this.

lizrdgizrd
September 16th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Delaware, aside from that home game vs. West Chester, has a brutal schedule. All the tough games are away from the friendly confines of the TUB. There is also another thread on here somewhere about this.
I am lazy beyond measure. Rep points to the first to link such a fascinating thread!

citdog
September 16th, 2008, 09:53 AM
SoCon....Clemson......Florida.....

need i say more....it's The Citadel

introvertedGSUfan
September 16th, 2008, 09:59 AM

Pretty much every team in the SoCon and CAA has about an equal toughness of schedule. Those few teams (like App, Furman, Delaware, Elon, and Richmond) from each conference will face one more ranked team because of OOC scheduling.

Right now the CAA and SoCon each have 6 ranked teams. CAA has too many members for each team to play all other members during one season, but each SoCon team that doesn't have a ranking will have to play at least 6 ranked teams. App and Furman will also have 6 ranked teams due to scheduling JMU and Delaware respectively, while Citadel, GSU, and Wofford will have 5.

ChickenMan
September 16th, 2008, 10:04 AM
UD may not have the toughest overall schedule... but they probably have the toughest 'road' schedule..

@ Maryland
@ Furman
@ UMass
@ JMU
@ Richmond

RabidRabbit
September 16th, 2008, 10:12 AM
I am lazy beyond measure. Rep points to the first to link such a fascinating thread!

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41779&highlight=schedule+toughest

xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix

BTW, Jackrabbits have the toughest FCS schedule. MoValley (YSU, WIU, UNI, SIU, NDSU), played FBS Iowa St., and have likely play-off quality teams McNeese St., and Cal Poly as OOC. xeekx

And the Cal Poly game is shaping up to be Poly's make the play-off's game. Win, they are likely to make play-offs. Lose, less than 7 D-I wins, therefore out.

Millwoch
September 16th, 2008, 10:29 AM
UD may not have the toughest overall schedule... but they probably have the toughest 'road' schedule..

@ Maryland
@ Furman
@ UMass
@ JMU
@ Richmond

I think ours is a little tougher. Maryland is no where near Florida.

@ Clemson
@ Appy
@ Wofford
@ Furman
@ Florida

mainejeff
September 16th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Maine 's schedule includes:

#36 FBS Iowa (3-0)

#2 Richmond
#5 JMU
#6 Delaware
#9 UMass
#10 UNH

Anyone else besides Hofstra have 5 Top 10 teams on their schedule?

nmatsen
September 16th, 2008, 02:46 PM
UNI plays:

BYU-FBS #11

North Dakota State #3
South Dakota State #12
Southern Illinois #15
Western Illinois #20

We have played much tougher schedules but this one will be exciting.

Houndawg
September 16th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Maine 's schedule includes:

#36 FBS Iowa (3-0)

#2 Richmond
#5 JMU
#6 Delaware
#9 UMass
#10 UNH

Anyone else besides Hofstra have 5 Top 10 teams on their schedule?

Not yet; NDSU and UNI are, WIU and SDSU may be heading that way and evn though YSU appears to be down, they may not be out yet and we have to go there.

93henfan
September 16th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Yep it's pretty much The Citadel, then Delaware due to the road schedule, then any other team in the CAA or SoCon. Both conferences have six teams in the top 25 I believe.

skinny_uncle
September 16th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Every Valley team has 5-6 Top 25 teams on their schedule at the moment although Youngstown may not last much longer in the rankings.

lizrdgizrd
September 16th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Every Valley team has 5-6 Top 25 teams on their schedule at the moment although Youngstown should not last any longer in the rankings.
Corrected for accuracy.