PDA

View Full Version : just reserved my room in Cullowhee...

catamount man
September 15th, 2008, 06:44 PM
...for WCU-ASU. I AM PUMPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't care if we're 1-10(actually, I do) heading into the game, I will BE THERE!!!!!!!!!!

Gonna make a night of it in Sylva that Friday evening, hang out with some buds at their motor home that will be brought up that THURSDAY, and then watch WCU bring back the Jug to honor the 10th anniversary of Brad Hoover OWNING the Boone defense.

And no, I'm only drinking coffee tonight. xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

ASUMountaineer
September 15th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Hey hey, cool deal CM. Maybe I'll see you there. Perhaps you're right, maybe they'll get the jug. Hey, 3 times in 23 years, let's celebrate. xsmiley_wix

BeauFoster
September 15th, 2008, 07:55 PM
You stayin' at Ed's?

(That's a little Rodney Carrington for ya)

catamount man
September 15th, 2008, 09:22 PM
You stayin' at Ed's?

(That's a little Rodney Carrington for ya)

University Inn. xthumbsupx

catamount man
September 15th, 2008, 09:23 PM
Hey hey, cool deal CM. Maybe I'll see you there. Perhaps you're right, maybe they'll get the jug. Hey, 3 times in 23 years, let's celebrate. xsmiley_wix

Why heck yes!!! xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

ASUMountaineer
September 15th, 2008, 09:41 PM
Why heck yes!!! xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Maybe you'll also be celebrating a Bob Barr victory! xthumbsupx :D

SoCon48
September 15th, 2008, 09:46 PM
...for WCU-ASU. I AM PUMPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't care if we're 1-10(actually, I do) heading into the game, I will BE THERE!!!!!!!!!!

Gonna make a night of it in Sylva that Friday evening, hang out with some buds at their motor home that will be brought up that THURSDAY, and then watch WCU bring back the Jug to honor the 10th anniversary of Brad Hoover OWNING the Boone defense.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Take your ticket money on over to Harrahs. Much better odds.xrulesx

The Cats
September 15th, 2008, 11:21 PM
Take your ticket money on over to Harrahs. Much better odds.xrulesx

All the Catamount faithful will be in Cullowhee that weekend..... Coach Wagner will have the team ready to play those mountain boys from App-a-lay-chian

Syntax Error
September 15th, 2008, 11:34 PM
Hey, 3 times in 23 years, let's celebrate.xlolx Talk about selective! 3 times in 23 years, ASU lost the four straight prior to that... so let's just say ASU has won 3 of the last four... 8 of the last 10 or 52-18-1 historically. That's enough.

SoCon48
September 16th, 2008, 01:22 AM
All the Catamount faithful will be in Cullowhee that weekend..... Coach Wagner will have the team ready to play those mountain boys from App-a-lay-chian

So Coach Stone Cold Butterball will have them ready to play by the 12th game of the season? Hopefully he'll have them ready to play weeks before then.

james_lawfirm
September 16th, 2008, 05:19 AM

Ain't skeered. I'll be there.

ASUMountaineer
September 16th, 2008, 06:48 AM

Whew, I bet that took some mental strain to come up with that one. Good job. Hey, did you happen to watch the Panthers game this weekend and hear the commentator say (in reference to Brad Hoover) "the fullback out of West Carolina?" I guess it's catching on. xnodx

I tell you what, you start pronouncing the word correctly for this region, and I will go back to calling you guys Cullowhee High School, deal? xlolx

BeauFoster
September 16th, 2008, 07:29 AM
Whew, I bet that took some mental strain to come up with that one. Good job. Hey, did you happen to watch the Panthers game this weekend and hear the commentator say (in reference to Brad Hoover) "the fullback out of West Carolina?" I guess it's catching on. xnodx

I tell you what, you start pronouncing the word correctly for this region, and I will go back to calling you guys Cullowhee High School, deal? xlolx

I almost fell in the floor laughing when I heard that. I even rewound the DVR to hear it again. He must read the MMB. xthumbsupx

appfan2008
September 16th, 2008, 07:29 AM
good luck catamountman your team will need it!

catamount man
September 16th, 2008, 06:49 PM
I almost fell in the floor laughing when I heard that. I even rewound the DVR to hear it again. He must read the MMB. xthumbsupx

Much to my chagrin, when the announcer said it, I thought about the MMB-Catamount Pride PRONUNCIATION wars and laughed. xlolx

BeauFoster
September 16th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Much to my chagrin, when the announcer said it, I thought about the MMB-Catamount Pride PRONUNCIATION wars and laughed. xlolx

Another member of the MMB and I saw each other on Monday morning and just started laughing. We both commented that we were surprised that no one posted something about it.

catamount man
September 16th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Another member of the MMB and I saw each other on Monday morning and just started laughing. We both commented that we were surprised that no one posted something about it.

I have several VHS copies of old WCU-ETSU football games and the announcers CONSTANTLY said "Eastern Tennessee". Even today, it's like can you not get it right?!

BeauFoster
September 16th, 2008, 07:24 PM
It's kinda sad that the announcer for the Panthers can't get it right, it's not like Hoover is a rookie, and that announcer has been doing Panthers games for a while now (though for the life of me I can't remember his name). I would also be willing to bet that the Panther's media notes list Western, not West.

ASUMountaineer
September 16th, 2008, 08:38 PM

He must, it was hilarious. xlolx

Me too CM, me too xlolx.

The Cats
September 17th, 2008, 12:00 AM

Guess what ????? We could care less what the boys from Tweetsie "U" call anyone !!!!!

KiddBrewer
September 17th, 2008, 03:15 AM
ill be there.

AshevilleApp2
September 17th, 2008, 07:11 AM

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

How tough will tickets be to get C-Man?

ASUMountaineer
September 17th, 2008, 07:51 AM
Guess what ????? We could care less what the boys from Tweetsie "U" call anyone !!!!!

xlolx You do know jealousy is unbecoming, right? xlolx Guess what ????? You're the one who tried (tries) to get a little smack in. xbawlingx You're doing about as well as West Carolina football--about. Keep trying, I can keep going...it's actually fun. xlolx

ASUG8
September 17th, 2008, 08:02 AM

Yep, we have Tweetsie, Mystery Hill, the Viaduct, Grandfather Mountain, Sugar, Beech, App. Ski Mountain, Blowing Rock too.

And you have......um.....um.......

(...crickets...)
xnonox

The Cats
September 17th, 2008, 10:17 AM
Yep, we have Tweetsie, Mystery Hill, the Viaduct, Grandfather Mountain, Sugar, Beech, App. Ski Mountain, Blowing Rock too.

And you have......um.....um.......

(...crickets...)
xnonox

along with the crickets..... you forgot.... Sapphire Valley Ski Area, Cataloochee Ski Area, Maggie Valley, Cherokee, the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Harrahs, Great Smoky Mtn. Railroad, Sapphire Valley, Santa's Land, Unto These Hills, Dillsboro, Cashiers, Balsam, Nantahala Outdoor Center, Tuckaseegee Outfitters, Whitewater Falls.... just to name a few xcoffeex