PDA

View Full Version : Montana vs Cal-Davis predictions

Wolfman
September 15th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Montana is licking their chops after feasting on possibly the worst FCS team in the nation last Saturday. Next Saturday, they face an unpredictable Cal-Davis team which embarrassed Big Sky foe PSU at home.

After the kicking Gods allowed a Griz upset in Week 1, the Griz will face a Davis team who will bring much more than the Griz had bargained for. Davis will expose the non-existant Griz running game for what it really is, and force them to be one-dimentional.

The stout Griz defense will play stellar football, as usual, keeping Davis at bay much of the afternoon. The Griz kicking game will reveal what is in store for the rest of the season, failing once again.

In a very close contest, the Griz are able to mount a fourth quater drive to come-from-behind and defeat a solid Cal-Davis team.

Griz 21
Davis 19

Grizzaholic
September 15th, 2008, 10:41 AM
Are you actually predicting a Griz win????? WTF!! You are the biggest hater on this website.

WOLFIE'S actual prediction.

wounded Griz 19
UC Davis 45

Appaholic
September 15th, 2008, 10:43 AM
Not knowing the capabilities of either team, I am, however willing to go out on a limb......

Appaholic will be inebriated in Wa/Griz

...bank on it...xthumbsupx

Go Bison
September 15th, 2008, 10:44 AM
Montana should handle UC Davis(not Cal-Davis) pretty easily.

Montana 35
UC Davis 13

slostang
September 15th, 2008, 10:44 AM
Just like on most things you post you even have the team the Griz are playing wrong. There is no such team as Cal-Davis. Montana is playing UC Davis.

Grizzaholic
September 15th, 2008, 10:47 AM
Not knowing the capabilities of either team, I am, however willing to go out on a limb......

Appaholic will be inebriated in Wa/Griz

...bank on it...xthumbsupx

What are the Vegas odds on that.

griz8791
September 15th, 2008, 10:47 AM
If I am not mistaken, within the last 3 years Davis

1. pasted the Cats in Bozeman and

2. beat Stanford on the road.

Did those guys all graduate? Somebody tell me why I shouldn't be concerned.

appfan2008
September 15th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Montan-35
UC Davis- 24

veinup
September 15th, 2008, 11:08 AM
I predict that the Griz run game won't be as garbage as the OP states that it will be.

AZGrizFan
September 15th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Montana is licking their chops after feasting on possibly the worst FCS team in the nation last Saturday. Next Saturday, they face an unpredictable Cal-Davis team which embarrassed Big Sky foe PSU at home.

After the kicking Gods allowed a Griz upset in Week 1, the Griz will face a Davis team who will bring much more than the Griz had bargained for. Davis will expose the non-existant Griz running game for what it really is, and force them to be one-dimentional.

The stout Griz defense will play stellar football, as usual, keeping Davis at bay much of the afternoon. The Griz kicking game will reveal what is in store for the rest of the season, failing once again.

In a very close contest, the Griz are able to mount a fourth quater drive to come-from-behind and defeat a solid Cal-Davis team.

Griz 21
Davis 19

Is that the same "non-existant (sic) Griz running game" that rolled up 205 yards against Cal Poly for a 5.69 ypc average (minus 53 yards on 8 sacks) and put up 165 yards against SUU, a 5.67 ypc average?

THAT non-existent running game? xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

But you're spot on about the kicking game. xthumbsupx

BEAR
September 15th, 2008, 11:14 AM
After watching UC Davis come into Conway and face the Bears...I can tell you that the run defense is stout, the pass defense is strong, the offense can be disrupted by a good d-line..qb troubles imo. I watched them make a great comeback at UCA, but it wasn't enough. Not knowing anything about the Griz, I thought you'd like a little input about UC Davis, not UC-Davis, or Cal Davis. xthumbsupx

Wolfman
September 15th, 2008, 11:44 AM
[QUOTE=UCABEAR;1105271]After watching UC Davis come into Conway and face the Bears...I can tell you that the run defense is stout, the pass defense is strong, the offense can be disrupted by a good d-line..qb troubles imo. I watched them make a great comeback at UCA, but it wasn't enough. Not knowing anything about the Griz, I thought you'd like a little input about UC Davis, not UC-Davis, or Cal Davis. xthumbsupx

Hypenated teams always have thin skins and get hung up on trivialities.

Wolfman
September 15th, 2008, 11:47 AM
I predict that the Griz run game won't be as garbage as the OP states that it will be.

You will see that I am correct about our running game. Scout team yardage aside. Body bag game yardage aside. Cal Poly has a very weak running defense. They will lose several games this year because it. Good thing the McNeese game was cancelled, or they would be looking at being 1-2.

Griz running game is poor.

Sundown
September 15th, 2008, 11:56 AM

Griz 21
Davis 19

Are you actually watching the Griz games this year? Are you even bothering to check our total rushing stats? AND did you actually watch the PSU-UC Davis game? I did. PSU was hardly "embarrassed". UC Davis came out on top because they were the better team, but it wasn't a blow out by any measure.

Montanan
September 15th, 2008, 12:06 PM
possible emoticon submission (wasn't sure how to submit this, just picked a post at random to demonstrate)...

[http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x102/Montanan_1/AGS/AGS2/pickle-boy-emoticon.gif]

After watching UC Davis come into Conway and face the Bears...I can tell you that the run defense is stout, the pass defense is strong, the offense can be disrupted by a good d-line..qb troubles imo. I watched them make a great comeback at UCA, but it wasn't enough. Not knowing anything about the Griz, I thought you'd like a little input about UC Davis, not UC-Davis, or Cal Davis. xthumbsupx

Hypenated teams always have thin skins and get hung up on trivialities. [http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x102/Montanan_1/AGS/AGS2/pickle-boy-emoticon-r.gif]

Wolfman
September 15th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Are you actually watching the Griz games this year? Are you even bothering to check our total rushing stats? AND did you actually watch the PSU-UC Davis game? I did. PSU was hardly "embarrassed". UC Davis came out on top because they were the better team, but it wasn't a blow out by any measure.

I was present on Saturday, to watch 10 deep handoffs go for zero or negative yards in the first half. I saw the inept running game which totaled 56 yards on 20 carries in the first hslf, a whopping 2.3 yards/carry average. This against a team which could not beat Caroll College.

So called "stats", are mis-leading. How many freakin times do I have to say that half of our 165 yards on Saturday was against the SUU 2nd and 3rd teams, defending our first team offense (with Selle at QB) much of the time.

Grizzaholic
September 15th, 2008, 12:30 PM
I was present on Saturday, to watch 10 deep handoffs go for zero or negative yards in the first half. I saw the inept running game which totaled 56 yards on 20 carries in the first hslf, a whopping 2.3 yards/carry average. This against a team which could not beat Caroll College.

So called "stats", are mis-leading. How many freakin times do I have to say that half of our 165 yards on Saturday was against the SUU 2nd and 3rd teams, defending our first team offense (with Selle at QB) much of the time.

But you love stats to prove your points.xoopsx

ursus arctos horribilis
September 15th, 2008, 12:50 PM

Not to mess around with your mathematical skills but that's more like 2.8/carry. Also SUU started pulling their starters once we got up on them and put in the 2 & 3'x but we left the starter's in? I think I see their problem.

Drblankstare
September 15th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Everytime I really feel like this is Montana's week to get the crude kicked out of they always win. So im going to use reverse Psychology on myself and pick the Griz............. All Davis fans, now breathe a sigh of relief. xlmaox xlmaox

Grizzaholic
September 15th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Everytime I really feel like this is Montana's week to get the crude kicked out of they always win. So im going to use reverse Psychology on myself and pick the Griz............. All Davis fans, now breathe a sigh of relief. xlmaox xlmaox

I don't think it will be this weekend. I would wait until the Griz play EWU for that prediction.

AZGrizFan
September 15th, 2008, 01:10 PM

You do realize (I'm sure ;) ) that the Griz 1st team RB only touched the ball 7 times? And that we had 5 different RB's get carries? And that our 2nd string QB played the majority of the game? And that 10 different receivers caught the 20 completions (including Selle's famous 'pass to himself')? You do realize we had THIRTY different defensive players get tackles, right? And that SUU only had 20 different players record tackles, right? So WHO was REALLY playing their 2nd/3rd teams? xrolleyesx

You do realize that the OFFICIAL (not the Wolfman Official) scoresheet only records TWO tackles---TOTAL, for losses by the SUU defense, right? (oh, and by the way, the Griz had nine tackles for losses.....maybe you were looking at the wrong team???) xcoolx

You DO realize, of course, that the OFFICIAL participation record shows that 32 SUU players saw action on the field, while 46 Grizzly players saw action. So WHICH team, again, had their 2nd and 3rd (and 4th) stringers in for a lot of action?

Ah, but what the hell...who needs ACTUAL stats, when you can just cherry pick a FEW that support your argument.

Wolfman
September 15th, 2008, 01:17 PM
You do realize (I'm sure ;) ) that the Griz 1st team RB only touched the ball 7 times? And that we had 5 different RB's get carries? And that our 2nd string QB played the majority of the game? And that 10 different receivers caught the 20 completions (including Selle's famous 'pass to himself')? You do realize we had THIRTY different defensive players get tackles, right? And that SUU only had 20 different players record tackles, right? So WHO was REALLY playing their 2nd/3rd teams? xrolleyesx

You do realize that the OFFICIAL (not the Wolfman Official) scoresheet only records TWO tackles---TOTAL, for losses by the SUU defense, right? (oh, and by the way, the Griz had nine tackles for losses.....maybe you were looking at the wrong team???) xcoolx

You DO realize, of course, that the OFFICIAL participation record shows that 32 SUU players saw action on the field, while 46 Grizzly players saw action. So WHICH team, again, had their 2nd and 3rd (and 4th) stringers in for a lot of action?

Ah, but what the hell...who needs ACTUAL stats, when you can just cherry pick a FEW that support your argument.

Way to twist my words. You and Green26 should get married. I said that there were 10 running plays in the first half which resulted in ZERO YARDS OR LOSS. I never said that there were 10 plays for a loss. Learn to read. 10 plays which GAIN NO YARDS is a freakin JOKE against a great defense, let alone the Sisters of The Poor!

Go back to knitting!

Wolfman
September 15th, 2008, 01:19 PM
Not to mess around with your mathematical skills but that's more like 2.8/carry. Also SUU started pulling their starters once we got up on them and put in the 2 & 3'x but we left the starter's in? I think I see their problem.

Are you saying that we have a great running offense, then? Come on, man up and state your case.

AZGrizFan
September 15th, 2008, 01:20 PM
Way to twist my words. You and Green26 should get married. I said that there were 10 running plays in the first half which resulted in ZERO YARDS OR LOSS. I never said that there were 10 plays for a loss. Learn to read. 10 plays which GAIN NO YARDS is a freakin JOKE against a great defense, let alone the Sisters of The Poor!

Go back to knitting!

Way to miss the forest for the trees. Every argument you've made has been completely blown out of the water, but you're like the Captain of the Titanic, willing to go down with the ship just to prove you're right. Way to focus on the negative, Mr. Positive. There were THIRTY OTHER RUNNING PLAYS which averaged almost 6 yards a pop! What about THOSE plays? Take off the hate blinders and realize that this offense just MIGHT be better than you are willing to give it credit for.

You chose to focus on 10 plays out of 75. THAT is the only freakin JOKE here.

Grizzaholic
September 15th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Wolfie, Personally I do think that the run offense is good.

griz8791
September 15th, 2008, 01:50 PM
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to GrizGoddess again."

FCS Go!
September 15th, 2008, 01:55 PM
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to GrizGoddess again."

I got your back on this one. Done. xthumbsupx

Wolfman
September 15th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Wolfie, Personally I do think that the run offense is good.

Have you been sleeping the past 5 years? Give me freakin BREAK! Nobody can be that myopic! You ned a corneal transplant.

Wolfman
September 15th, 2008, 04:07 PM
This thread was intended to be a poll of score predictions. Thanks to multiple meat heads for hi-jacking it!

Grizzaholic
September 15th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Have you been sleeping the past 5 years? Give me freakin BREAK! Nobody can be that myopic! You ned a corneal transplant.

There you go with the numbers again. Try and follow this. It seemed you asked if the Griz had a good run O this year. And my response was YES, the Griz does.

Smack ------------------>

Russ B
September 15th, 2008, 04:38 PM
..qb troubles imo.

That was Denham's first career start. :) He did pretty well against PSU, though he was trying to force balls into tight coverage a bit too much, IMO.

I'm going to guess that Montana wins by a touchdown. :( Which will be better than 1995. :D

Should be interesting to compare it to the SLO game, this time next week, for sure.

ThreadStopper
September 15th, 2008, 04:51 PM
This thread was intended to be a poll of score predictions. Thanks to multiple meat heads for hi-jacking it!

You call UC Davis by the wrong name and insult Southern Utah, what did you expect? xthumbsupx

Grizzaholic
September 15th, 2008, 04:53 PM
You cannot forget about how the Griz are awful at the Run and have a coaching staff that is incapeable of winning.

Tailbone
September 15th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Way to miss the forest for the trees. Every argument you've made has been completely blown out of the water, but you're like the Captain of the Titanic, willing to go down with the ship just to prove you're right. Way to focus on the negative, Mr. Positive. There were THIRTY OTHER RUNNING PLAYS which averaged almost 6 yards a pop! What about THOSE plays? Take off the hate blinders and realize that this offense just MIGHT be better than you are willing to give it credit for.

You chose to focus on 10 plays out of 75. THAT is the only freakin JOKE here.

HAR, HAR, HAR! Way to go Steve (Mr. Pickle).
Got the stuffin' kicked outta ya by a GIRL! (no offense Goddess).xoopsx
....maybe you should go wash some dishes, Steve.....

slostang
September 15th, 2008, 06:22 PM
If old wolfie throws out enough predictions of the Griz losing he will be right at some point (that is if the Griz do not run the table on their way to another National Championship). When (and IF) the Griz lose, he will then start with the "I told you so". What he will fail to realize is that he has completely missed the mark so many other times that he has zero credability left with the poster on this board. Hey wolfie, even a broken clock is correct two times a day.

Tailbone
September 15th, 2008, 06:30 PM
If old wolfie throws out enough predictions of the Griz losing he will be right at some point (that is if the Griz do not run the table on their way to another National Championship). When (and IF) the Griz lose, he will then start with the "I told you so". What he will fail to realize is that he has completely missed the mark so many other times that he has zero credability left with the poster on this board. Hey wolfie, even a broken clock is correct two times a day.

Wolfie's been predicting dismal seasons, and the demise of the program, each year since Hauck was hired. Hasn't happened yet.
I'm sure this just bugs the **** out of him.

Wolfman
September 15th, 2008, 06:34 PM

My name is not Steve, numb nutz. Go back to the cow patty from whence ye sprung.

Wolfman
September 15th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Wolfie's been predicting dismal seasons, and the demise of the program, each year since Hauck was hired. Hasn't happened yet.
I'm sure this just bugs the **** out of him.

Yeah, what a great fan you are, Tailboner, settling for 11 wins during the regular season and ONE-N-DONE in the playoffs. Great record Bobby has! He has all of you sugar coaters sedated and pacified by whipping up on patsies and Pig Sty Conference wannabees.

It should be noted that all of the IA athletic directors are lining up to interview Hauck for their head coaching jobs! We are so lucky to have kept him all of these years. xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Grizzaholic
September 15th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Yeah, what a great fan you are, Tailboner, settling for 11 wins during the regular season and ONE-N-DONE in the playoffs. Great record Bobby has! He has all of you sugar coaters sedated and pacified by whipping up on patsies and Pig Sty Conference wannabees.

It should be noted that all of the IA athletic directors are lining up to interview Hauck for their head coaching jobs! We are so lucky to have kept him all of these years. xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

You are the one pissed about the other Montana thread being derailed yet you continue to derail every thread you touch with inaccuricies (sp) and hate.xnonono2x xnonono2x

Wolfman
September 15th, 2008, 07:00 PM
You are the one pissed about the other Montana thread being derailed yet you continue to derail every thread you touch with inaccuricies (sp) and hate.xnonono2x xnonono2x

Oh, you mean like you hi-jacked this thread which I started to get score predictions??? You are a hypocrite. xnonox

mtgrizfan4life
September 15th, 2008, 08:33 PM
This so sounds like EGRIZ. As for the game, I think Cal Davis (I call them that)/AKA UC Davis (What is the big deal? The "C" stands for California/CAL. Should we all start calling California, California-Berkley? It is the same damn thing.) getting the points they did was more of PSU defense stinking, again part of the Glanville coaching. Their offense is nowhere close to Poly's offense, the GRIZ defense will be better. LET me see

GRIZ-38, UC Davis 19 (I think they will move the ball, but only see the endzone one time.)

mlbowl
September 15th, 2008, 09:33 PM

Griz 21
Davis 19

Try reading your own drivel...the responses you got were EXACTLY what you were looking for...you hijacked your own thread...Congratulations!

Wolfman
September 15th, 2008, 09:38 PM
Try reading your own drivel...the responses you got were EXACTLY what you were looking for...you hijacked your own thread...Congratulations!

Wrong, butt breath. But, thanks for stopping in......

mlbowl
September 15th, 2008, 09:40 PM

How mature and unexpectedxrolleyesx

AZGrizFan
September 15th, 2008, 09:58 PM

Do you call everyone names who disagrees with you?xconfusedx

Screamin_Eagle174
September 15th, 2008, 10:14 PM
I won't be so bold as to predict the upset, but I definitely think that Davis could catch the Griz sleeping. I'll go with the Griz, 31-24. You heard it here first folks!

MTGrizzFan
September 15th, 2008, 10:20 PM
Griz 38
UC Davis 17

Wolfman
September 15th, 2008, 11:03 PM
Thank you two for your predictions, and for not hi-jacking the thread.

slostang
September 15th, 2008, 11:17 PM
When will you stop hi-jacking this board?????

How about some input other than Hauck hate. You are a one trick pony and it is getting old.

slostang
September 15th, 2008, 11:19 PM
Griz 41
UC Davis 35.

I think this will be a better game than most people think. Not because Montana is not a very good team, but because I think Davis is a good team with a great offense.

GoAgs72
September 15th, 2008, 11:50 PM
Since names don't matter, I predict Cal Davis 34, Missoula College 31.

mtgrizfan4life
September 15th, 2008, 11:53 PM
Since names don't matter, I predict Cal Davis 34, Missoula College 31.

Well, it is in Missoula and it is a college, Whatever xthumbsupx

I just hope for a good game, no injuries, and GRIZ WIN!

Wolfman
September 16th, 2008, 12:04 AM
When will you stop hi-jacking this board?????

How about some input other than Hauck hate. You are a one trick pony and it is getting old.

You're just pissed cause you got schooled by the Griz. Get a FG kicker and quit whining

GoAgs!
September 16th, 2008, 02:57 AM
UC Davis will make a better game out of it than most Montana fans are expecting.

I guarantee we will do better than Cal-Los Angeles did against BYU, but I will go ahead and be a front-runner fan.

UC Davis- 31
Montana- 28

Tod
September 16th, 2008, 05:27 AM

Quite a Tom-boy we have here, huh? ;)

xbowx xbowx xbowx

Tod
September 16th, 2008, 05:31 AM
UC Davis will make a better game out of it than most Montana fans are expecting.

I guarantee we will do better than Cal-Los Angeles did against BYU, but I will go ahead and be a front-runner fan.

UC Davis- 31
Montana- 28

I agree, but I'm going to reverse the score 'cause I'm a homer (and we have home field advantage).

Griz - 31
Aggies - 28

UCABEARS75
September 16th, 2008, 08:46 AM
Since I have seen UC Davis and not Montana my pick may be way off base but here goes.

While I would like for UC Davis for win under the old "it makes us look better" deal, I really would think they are going to have a hard time doing so.

UC Davis could not run the ball at all against us. (20 yards total I think).

Their young QB is going to be very good and #1 (receiver) IS very good. However, I would have to believe Monatana has as good and probably better athletes on defense than our team.

Therefore, Montana will take away the run and put some pressure on young QB and will not have to score many.

Montana 24
UC Davis 10

Best of luck to both teams.

AggiePride
September 16th, 2008, 09:21 AM
UC Davis 24 Montana 21

JMU2K_DukeDawg
September 16th, 2008, 09:36 AM
UC Davis is good. Montana is more than good. Montana wins.

Good luck to both teams!

X-Factor
September 16th, 2008, 09:57 AM
WashingtonG 29

Davis, CA 15

slostang
September 16th, 2008, 10:33 AM
You're just pissed cause you got schooled by the Griz. Get a FG kicker and quit whining

Yeah, that's it. I am p!ssed and I am taking it out on you. Sure, that's it.

Or.........it could be that I really think that your same old same old Hauck hating is getting old and tired.

griz8791
September 16th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Yeah, that's it. I am p!ssed and I am taking it out on you. Sure, that's it.

Or.........it could be that I really think that your same old same old Hauck hating is getting old and tired.

To a man with a stick, everything looks like the same dead horse.

Tailbone
September 16th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Do you call everyone names who disagrees with you?xconfusedx

Yes, he does.

Thanks to multiple meat heads....

My name is not Steve, numb nutz.

what a great fan you are, Tailboner...

He has all of you sugar coaters sedated...

Wrong, butt breath.

Next we'll be hearing about SPFs and a variety of other "oldies but goodies"
.......Right Steve?:D

Grizaholic17
September 16th, 2008, 12:59 PM

I am one to say that slo is a very respectable poster who does anything but whine, especially with the griz.

Cal davis should have a lot of fun playing in Zoo town, but it's just too hard to win at Wa/Griz.

UM: 31
Davis: 21

Down with the Foe!
September 16th, 2008, 01:56 PM
If I am not mistaken, within the last 3 years Davis

1. pasted the Cats in Bozeman and

2. beat Stanford on the road.

Did those guys all graduate? Somebody tell me why I shouldn't be concerned.

If you are a smart man - you do not over look these guys at all.

AggieFinn
September 16th, 2008, 02:14 PM
Jon Grant to Tony Kays is gone (vs Stanford win in '05, vs. Montana State slaughtering in '06). Barsi, Bergan are gone in the Aggie defensive backfield. This is a new team with new players in key spots, like, offensive tackle and QB...while the reputation of those wins is a product of the UC Davis program and its players, most of the players on the field in 2008 haven't tasted that kind of success yet. Which leaves them hungry I reckon...