PDA

View Full Version : I-AA Breakdown 10/30

wvudsean
October 30th, 2005, 11:30 AM
Couldn't get the formatting right to fit on this website, but here are the 50 teams who I believe still mathmatically have a shot at the I-AA playoffs.

I-AA Breakdown (http://www.geocities.com/upsets/iaabreakdown1030.htm)

Cincy App
October 30th, 2005, 01:06 PM
Great job - thanks! I'm interested to see how the Committee considers qualified 7-4 teams. Portland State at 7-4 (if they win out) would be a good case. The new rule makes sense and rewards teams that play tougher schedules but we'll see how selections play out in three weeks.

McNeese75
October 30th, 2005, 01:30 PM
McNeese is 2-1 in conference, not 3-2. SLC is currently in a 4 way tie.

McNeese75
October 30th, 2005, 01:31 PM
McNeese is 2-1 in conference, not 3-1. SLC has 4 teams tied for the lead. :)

wvudsean
October 30th, 2005, 01:40 PM
My mistake, not sure why I decided Texas Southern instead of Texas State was in the SLC. :)

Hopefully everything else is right...

GrizzlyEdd
October 30th, 2005, 01:44 PM
Just a note. Most everyone if not all I-AA teams play 11 regular season games. In the Big Sky, you show most with only a best of 10 games...i.e. Montana best at 8-2.... should be 9-2...:)

wvudsean
October 30th, 2005, 01:51 PM
Best Record is the best record the committee can look at. Like for Montana I'm basically erasing the Fort Lewis game as if it never happened. Same with for Weber State with Western State. Yes, they'll be in the "official" overall record, but not in the committee room.

Tod
October 30th, 2005, 01:54 PM
Best Record is the best record the committee can look at. Like for Montana I'm basically erasing the Fort Lewis game as if it never happened. Same with for Weber State with Western State. Yes, they'll be in the "official" overall record, but not in the committee room.

Ah, that explains it. I was going to point that out as well. Great list! :nod: :)

Bobcat94
October 30th, 2005, 02:33 PM
Texas State wins out in what proves to be another tough SLC.

Umass74
October 30th, 2005, 02:44 PM
Nice work! Good to read some signal rather than noise.

Methinks that there will be many, many 8-3 teams this year. How the comittee sorts that out will be very interesting...

JALMOND
October 30th, 2005, 02:53 PM
Great job - thanks! I'm interested to see how the Committee considers qualified 7-4 teams. Portland State at 7-4 (if they win out) would be a good case. The new rule makes sense and rewards teams that play tougher schedules but we'll see how selections play out in three weeks.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but our game this weekend I think basically ended any shot at the playoffs. If Portland State were to make the playoffs, we'd be on the road and what better indicator for the committee than to have a good showing at Montana, to show them that we can play anyone on the road. Instead, we had our worse game all year and I think that will play into the committee's thinking more so than our previous games. Our previous history in I-AA playoffs is not that great either. We could bounce back and get a win at Idaho State next weekend, but a great showing in Pocatello does not trump our poor showing in Missoula. We'll be considered if we do go 7-4, but I doubt we'll be doing anything but watching the playoffs from Portland.

TigerFan17
October 30th, 2005, 02:57 PM
Just wondering why we didn't make the list when we have a better record than Nova and have two home games left to play, and we can beat Nova if we play the football we're capable of playing.

But, none-the-less, we are 4-3 (5-3 including D-II) and they're 4-4.

wvudsean
October 30th, 2005, 04:14 PM
Chalk Towson up to another mistake in my calculations. You guys are still in the 7 win crowd, make it 51 still in the hunt. Should be added to my list now.

Probably why I shouldn't have done this so early this morning.

Dallas Demon
October 30th, 2005, 09:01 PM
Chalk Towson up to another mistake in my calculations. You guys are still in the 7 win crowd, make it 51 still in the hunt. Should be added to my list now.

Probably why I shouldn't have done this so early this morning.

Nice work! I've done this sort of thing before and know it takes lots of time and effort. Thanks.