PDA

View Full Version : My CAA weekly all stars

Hoyadestroya85
September 15th, 2008, 04:45 AM
I'm Gonna try to do this more often.. because i'm often unsatisfied with the CAA weekly awards (even though they haven't come out yet)
i'll also include an honorable mention section

Offensive Players of The week:

Rodney Landers, QB JMU
291 yards of total offense including 206 rushing 3 Total Touchdowns
He's a scary talented Runner and JMU needs a big game from him next week to beat the Mountaineers.

R.J. Toman, QB UNH
29-40 for 309 yards and 5 passing touchdowns
Looks like Ricky Santos isn't being missed as much as people thought he would be in Durham this year.. this team can flat out score and looks to primed for yet another trip to the playoffs

Defensive players of the week:

Justin Rogers, DB Richmond
5 solo tackles including one tackle for a loss 2 interceptions with one returned for a touchdown and a forced fumble
This kid is just flat out talented.. his stat line is the definition of a great game for you.

Derek Hatcher, DB Richmond
4 Total tackles, was credited for a half tackle for loss along with his two interceptions including one taken to the house.
Richmond's secondary is scary if guys play half as well as these guys did today.

Special Teams Player of the Week:

Joe Marcoux, K Villanova
Connected on all 4 of his field goal attempts including two 44 Yard tries (establishing a career long), as well as going 3-3 on extra points and pinning the Mountain Hawks deep deep in their own zone on Kickoffs including one Touchback.
There is no question that Joe has a nice leg, but he has to deliver on a more consistent basis rather than these flashes of potential that he's given Villanova fans for the past 4 years, and live up to the hype that surrounding him coming out of high school.

Rookie of the Week:

Rob Schoenhoft, QB Delaware*
14-26 for 194 yards and 2 touchdowns, 1 int
It remains to be seen if Schoenhoft is the real deal, but this Delaware offense can still be very dangerous if he and his receivers begin to click

Honorable Mention:

Osayi Osunde, LB Villanova
Returned an Interception for a touchdown in Villanova's win over Lehigh

Derek Cassidy, QB URI
436 passing yards and 3 touchdowns in a losing effort. Could we be witnessing the birth of a renaissance in Kingston?

Liam Coen, QB UMASS
339 Passing Yards and 3 touchdowns in a losing effort against a good team

This week's Wet Willy goes to
Sean Schaefer, QB Towson
throwing 4 picks is not acceptable regardless of the team you're playing against

*Schoenhoft may not be a rookie to college football but he is a rookie to the CAA

Tribe4SF
September 15th, 2008, 06:03 AM
I'd propose true freshman Jonathan Grimes of W&M as Rookie of the Week. 5 carries for 97 yards and 2 TDs...2 receptions for 15 yards...1 kickoff return for 24 yards.

Hoyadestroya85
September 15th, 2008, 06:09 AM
I'd propose true freshman Jonathan Grimes of W&M as Rookie of the Week. 5 carries for 97 yards and 2 TDs...2 receptions for 15 yards...1 kickoff return for 24 yards.
i assumed he was in during mop up time.. but he should be on there over schoenhoft now that you mention it.. i didn't realize he scored 2 touchdowns

Tribe4SF
September 15th, 2008, 07:04 AM
i assumed he was in during mop up time.. but he should be on there over schoenhoft now that you mention it.. i didn't realize he scored 2 touchdowns

No mop up time for him. He's currently part of the 2-back rotation with Terrence Riggins. Scored the first TD of the game on a 29 yard run, and the first TD of second half on a 12 yard run.

Riggins deserves some accolades as well. He rushed 15 times for 180 yards.

Dukie95
September 15th, 2008, 07:25 AM
What about Scotty McGee for special teams?

3 punt returns for 92 yards, long of 49
4 kickoff returns for 104 yards, long of 46

He didn't find the endzone, but there's no question our starting field position was critical throughout the game.

Longhorn
September 15th, 2008, 07:33 AM
Rookie of the Week:

Rob Schoenhoft, QB Delaware*
14-26 for 194 yards and 2 touchdowns, 1 int
It remains to be seen if Schoenhoft is the real deal, but this Delaware offense can still be very dangerous if he and his receivers begin to click

*Schoenhoft may not be a rookie to college football but he is a rookie to the CAA

Yes, very impressive. And to think he did did this against a DII team makes it so much more noteworthy. xeyebrowx

Hoyadestroya85
September 15th, 2008, 07:53 AM
Yes, very impressive. And to think he did did this against a DII team makes it so much more noteworthy. xeyebrowx

i hate UD as much as anyone.. so i'm throwing schoenhoft a bone

WrenFGun
September 15th, 2008, 08:03 AM
No idea if it showed up in the stats, but Steve Young, DT from UNH, is an absolute animal. He dominated the inside running game/inside lineman of URI all game.

Kosty
September 15th, 2008, 08:08 AM
How can Victor Cruz from UMass not be mentioned in any sort of Player Of The Week discussion??? 13 catches for 262 yards to lead the nation!!

Hoyadestroya85
September 15th, 2008, 08:20 AM
What about Scotty McGee for special teams?

3 punt returns for 92 yards, long of 49
4 kickoff returns for 104 yards, long of 46

He didn't find the endzone, but there's no question our starting field position was critical throughout the game.

that's not quite like scoring 15 points and kicking two 40 yarders (something that doesn't happen at this level often)