PDA

View Full Version : Only one bid for the A10...

ChickenMan
October 30th, 2005, 06:34 AM
it is possible.

UNH... 7-1 (5-1) looks to be the only one that's in... @Hofstra, Iona, Maine

UMass... 6-2 (5-1) needs two wins... but has three tough road games left... UD, Army, Hofstra

Richmond... 5-3 (5-1) can't afford another loss... VMI, @Towson, W&M

W&M... 5-3 (3-2) has to win out... JMU, UD, @Richmond

Hofstra... 5-3 (3-2) also has to win out... UNH, @N'eastern, UMass

Towson... 5-3 (2-3) needs to win out and still may not make it... Nova, Richmond, @JMU

looks to me that there is a much better chance of only one A10 team making it... as opposed to three

charliej
October 30th, 2005, 05:28 PM
it is possible.

UMass... 6-2 (5-1) needs two wins... but has three tough road games left... UD, Army, Hofstra

Towson... 5-3 (2-3) needs to win out and still may not make it... Nova, Richmond, @JMU

looks to me that there is a much better chance of only one A10 team making it... as opposed to three

You know,looking at the match-ups it isn't that hard to imagine only 1 bid.I think one of the others will finish strong though,and run the table.

IMO RU probably has the inside track, IF they can get by the Tribe who aren't exactly road warriors this year.

Nova & UD both might get to play the spoiler role before our annual end of season blast. :D

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 30th, 2005, 06:03 PM
it is possible.

A UMASS loss to Army won't effect them, not that I don't think UMASS can beat them. Between Richmond and W&M, I think at least one of them will get in. I'm predicting two or maybe even three at large bids.

ChickenMan
October 30th, 2005, 07:04 PM
A loss to Army... will effect UMass... big time... if they end up with four L's.

Maroon&White
October 30th, 2005, 07:36 PM
A loss to Army... will effect UMass... big time... if they end up with four L's.

The offense is finally coming around. If the D can stop with stupid penalties they shouldn't get 2 more L's.

Maroon&White
October 30th, 2005, 07:38 PM
it is possible.

Why is Hofstra a tough road game for UMass but not UNH? Just wondering...

footballsmarts1
October 30th, 2005, 07:55 PM
Maroon and White.
i was thinking the same thing.. UNH is not out of the woods yet... i think they will beat Hofstra but if anyone thinks Hofstra will just roll out the helmets and let UNH win they are crazy. Besides the JMU blowout Hofstra has competed in their losses... and has put up big numbers in their wins

go unh

charliej
October 30th, 2005, 08:07 PM
I could be mistaken,but I think the point was that UNH has only 1 loss w/3 "fairly" easy games. Even with a loss to the Pride,(I don't think it will happen),Wildcats should still finish 9-2 & get the auto bid.

footballsmarts1
October 30th, 2005, 08:37 PM
Iona is the only easy game (fair to say) you of all people should know that as you guys just beat Will and mary, richmond over jmu (upset to most ppl), maine over a del team that just beat jmu... UNH should be in the playoffs but as we see from the games over the course of the year anything is possible.

blukeys
October 30th, 2005, 08:39 PM
I could be mistaken,but I think the point was that UNH has only 1 loss w/3 "fairly" easy games. Even with a loss to the Pride,(I don't think it will happen),Wildcats should still finish 9-2 & get the auto bid.

A UNH loss to Hofstra gives Umass the auto bid if they win out in the A-10. (forgetting Army for the moment) This might be the best bet for 3 A-10 bids assuming Richmond wins out. Umass gets the auto bid with one loss and a win over Richmond. Richmond and UNH get at large bids. No A-10 team gets a top 4 seed and 2 of the 3 are on the road in the playoff opener.

Hofstra90
October 30th, 2005, 09:01 PM
You know,looking at the match-ups it isn't that hard to imagine only 1 bid.I think one of the others will finish strong though,and run the table.

IMO RU probably has the inside track, IF they can get by the Tribe who aren't exactly road warriors this year.

Nova & UD both might get to play the spoiler role before our annual end of season blast. :D

FYI: RU is Rutgers University. (Or Rogers State University, since they own www.ru.edu). Richmond is UR (University of Richmond). (Hence UR Stadium). :)

pirateRIQ
October 30th, 2005, 09:13 PM
The playoffs start early for the A-10 teams this year.

ChickenMan
October 30th, 2005, 10:27 PM
Why is Hofstra a tough road game for UMass but not UNH? Just wondering...

Who said Hofstra won't be tough??? I said UNH is likely in at 7-1 with three games left. Hofstra will be tough... Maine could be... Iona won't. At worst ... UNH goes... 1-2 and finishes 8-3.

charliej
October 30th, 2005, 11:05 PM
A UNH loss to Hofstra gives Umass the auto bid if they win out in the A-10. (forgetting Army for the moment) This might be the best bet for 3 A-10 bids assuming Richmond wins out. Umass gets the auto bid with one loss and a win over Richmond. Richmond and UNH get at large bids. No A-10 team gets a top 4 seed and 2 of the 3 are on the road in the playoff opener.

Your right Blukeys, UMass has only 1 A10 loss at the moment,so a UNH loss to Hoftsra or Maine would give UMass the auto bid in that scenario. :o

FBsmarts-I'm not making any predictions,just rambling really. ;)

Looking at the sched.,UNH and UR appear to have easier roads than the rest. That doesn't mean Towson won't knock out Richmond ,who in turn will knock out W&M while the Pride take it to both UNH & UMass but lose to N'eastern, etc.,etc. I agree that ANYTHING could happen. Thats what makes this conversation so fun,yet so futile at the same time. :D

Maroon&White
October 31st, 2005, 06:37 AM
Who said Hofstra won't be tough??? I said UNH is likely in at 7-1 with three games left. Hofstra will be tough... Maine could be... Iona won't. At worst ... UNH goes... 1-2 and finishes 8-3.

Re-read your post. You make it sound like Hofstra won't be a tough road game for UNH but will for UMass. Just wanted to know why you don't think Hofstra will be tough for UNH...

bluehenbillk
October 31st, 2005, 07:05 AM
I think the A-10 will get 2 teams in...UNH & Richmond. Geez, if Clawson starts the year with TUtt at QB they could be thinking a top 4 seed right about now.

Uncle Buck
October 31st, 2005, 07:10 AM
Interesting thread as i was thinking the same exact thing after the games on Saturday night. I know I'll still be pulling for the Dutch, but winning out is very unlikely. Even though I don't think we get the win over UNH, it would be great to throw a monkey wrench into the whole thing.

blukeys
October 31st, 2005, 08:39 AM
The playoffs start early for the A-10 teams this year.

Actually it is about this time that the A-10 playoffs start every year!!!!

HensRock
October 31st, 2005, 11:16 AM
One team for the A-10?
Has that EVER happened? - I don't think it has.

It would be a shame, since this is such a tough conference, many good teams are going to be eliminated just like every other year, Wouldn't it be something if UNH or UMass or Richmond or W&M or Hofstra or Villanova or even Towson (all still mathematically alive) went on to win it all? 3 in a row for the A-10 with 3 DIFFERENT TEAMS!

(knock wood!)

JMUfan2008
October 31st, 2005, 02:23 PM
One team for the A-10?

It would be a shame, since this is such a tough conference, many good teams are going to be eliminated just like every other year, Wouldn't it be something if UNH or UMass or Richmond or W&M or Hofstra or Villanova or even Towson (all still mathematically alive) went on to win it all? 3 in a row for the A-10 with 3 DIFFERENT TEAMS!

(knock wood!)

If another A-10 team does win it all, I feel sorry for them. Both of the last champs haven't had the best of luck afterwords. Delaware lost in the second round of the playoffs last year and isn't making it back in this year. JMU already has 4 losses this year...maybe getting a 5th by then end of the season...So good luck next year to any A-10 that wins the NC, enjoy it while it lasts.... :rolleyes:

colgate13
October 31st, 2005, 02:32 PM
If another A-10 team does win it all, I feel sorry for them. Both of the last champs haven't had the best of luck afterwords. Delaware lost in the second round of the playoffs last year and isn't making it back in this year. JMU already has 4 losses this year...maybe getting a 5th by then end of the season...So good luck next year to any A-10 that wins the NC, enjoy it while it lasts.... :rolleyes:

All fans that wouldn't trade a National Championship for a lackluster following season, please raise your hands.

http://www.standandbecounted.com/STAND/stand_images/bigCrowdSlide_mod.jpg

Notice JMUfan2008 in the picture on the right. I'm wondering who the other fella sitting to his left is. :confused:

GannonFan
October 31st, 2005, 02:35 PM

I'd hardly say that UD was too poor-off last year - getting to the Quarters and playing in December is something only 7 other teams do in a given year - that's a bit nicer pill to swallow than missing the playoffs entirely after winning the title - although, as another poster has said, at least you got to win a title.

LacesOut
October 31st, 2005, 02:43 PM
I'm probably in quite the minority of UD fans here when I say this, but having seen UD win a NC in 2003, after attending their games since I was about 13 years old (I'm now 33, you do the math), they get a 5-10 year reprieve from me for winning another title.

Oh, and regarding the threads topic, I say the A-10 gets two teams. UNH and I'm not quite sure who the other one is. But I'd say it's between UR and UMass.

89Hen
October 31st, 2005, 02:50 PM
Notice JMUfan2008 in the picture on the right. I'm wondering who the other fella sitting to his left is. :confused:
Nice pic 13, I may actually be in that photo. I've been to a couple sold out concerts at old JFK that were hot as hell.

To your point, HELL YEAH! Give me the NC and a year of suffering. However, it does make one's expectations a little higher I suspect for the rest of their life.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 31st, 2005, 03:45 PM
One team for the A-10?

It came awful close to happening in 2001, where there was a 4-way tie for the A-10 champion (each team had 2 conf. losses). Hofstra, William & Mary and Maine all made it that year only (and I think an 8-3 Villanova team who tied for the championship did not). All were were 8-3 and sent on the road in the playoffs, and none were seeded.

If that's the most borderline year, it seems unlikely that it's ever happened.