PDA

View Full Version : David McCarty- Making a run to be one of the best in FCS?

Dane96
September 14th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Though abroad right now, I did see the UMASS game live...and read reports and stats from Hofstra.

Say what you want about both opponents....but David McCarty, only a junior, absolutely tore both teams to shreds. Of course alot of that has to do with the line, however this kid bulked up this year and is the real deal IMHO.

Stats from UMASS and HOFSTRA:

RUSHING GP-GS Att Gain Loss Net Avg TD Long Avg/G
David McCarty 2-2 51 312 9 303 5.9 2 46 151.5

Those are pretty mind-boggling numbers from a kid who, if I am correct, isnt even on a full-ride.

Last year he played really good football...this year he is playing great football.

dgreco
September 14th, 2008, 02:02 PM
RUSHING GP Att Gain Loss Net Avg TD Long Avg/G
SMITH, Jerell 3 75 461 17 444 5.9 5 32 148.0

:D

dgreco
September 14th, 2008, 02:04 PM
or how about this freshman

INTERCEPTIONS No. Yds Avg TD Long
---------------------------------------
WAGSTAFF, Samad 7 71 10.15 0 26

TexasTerror
September 14th, 2008, 02:06 PM
Top 5 running backs in yardage per game...

Rank Player Pos Cl Gm Carries Net TDs Avg Ydspgm
1 James Mallory, Central Conn. St. RB JR 2 46 372 2 8.09 186.00
2 Maurice White, Lafayette RB SR 2 47 318 2 6.77 159.00
3 David McCarty, Albany (N.Y.) RB JR 2 51 303 2 5.94 151.50
4 Devan James, Morgan St. RB SO 2 50 292 1 5.84 146.00
5 David Sinisi, Monmouth RB JR 3 71 399 3 5.62 133.00

dgreco
September 14th, 2008, 02:12 PM

add transitioning usually in the other section J. Smith will be in there

Dane96
September 15th, 2008, 08:14 AM
No offense DGRECO...but look who the teams we played. Not in the same ballpark.

DetroitFlyer
September 15th, 2008, 08:25 AM
This kid was a beast in the Gridiron Classic in Dayton last season. If Albany had a QB that could complement this kid, they would be a solid top 25 FCS team. Dayton had a great run defense last season and McCarty still was able to gain a bunch of yards. I expect that we will be hearing his name a great deal more before the season is over!

Ruler
September 15th, 2008, 08:46 AM
Like Colin Disch @ LB for Albany this McCarty kid could play for any FCS team in the country. On top of weighing 210-215 lbs he is way way faster then I thought when I watched him Sat night against Hofstra.
On top of that he is going to be a Green Beret or Airborne Ranger when he finishes so he has that crazy edge to him.

We just need to keep him healthy. If New Hampshire or Delaware gets ahead of us in a blowout type of game these next two weekends I am all for putting him on the bench. He is going to run hog wild through the NEC this season.

Uncle Buck
September 15th, 2008, 08:49 AM

Trust me, Hofstra is flat out bad. Our defensive ends could be the worst to ever wear the jersey and the supporting cast can be just as offensive. This is a very, very bad team.

But either way, the kid is definitely a player.

gmoney55
September 15th, 2008, 09:14 AM

Colgate's Jordan Scott is up there at 151.5 as well, but has played in less than 75 percent of team games (2 of 3)

dgreco
September 15th, 2008, 09:26 AM

lol I know just trying to get some bryant props out there. They have done this against DII teams. I am sure this Wagstaff kid won't have many more interceptions when he is playing faster WR's and better QB's and the holes will close up for Smith once he plays bigger dlines.

And McCarty actually won a game for Albany this year which is key.

danefan
September 15th, 2008, 09:34 AM
McCarty is a beast. What he didn't against Hofstra was amazing, especially considering Hofstra has 9 guys in the box the entire game. Albany couldn't pass effectively and when McCarty was in the game everyone in Hempstead knew he was getting the ball. Didn't really matter though. 6 something yards a carry. he's bigger and faster than I remember from last year too.

He should be added to the Payton watch list.

aceinthehole
September 15th, 2008, 10:37 AM

D96 - Although Mallory's first game was vs. Bryant, his sencond game was in the Fargodome vs. NDSU!

CCSU's Junior RB James Mallory had carries of 21 and 36 yards and totaled 116 yards on 17 attempts to lead the Central Connecticut rushing attack vs. NDSU.

Ask Bison fans, despite the score, CCSU ran well even early in the game.

Uncle Buck
September 15th, 2008, 02:31 PM
McCarty is a beast. What he didn't against Hofstra was amazing, especially considering Hofstra has 9 guys in the box the entire game. Albany couldn't pass effectively and when McCarty was in the game everyone in Hempstead knew he was getting the ball. Didn't really matter though. 6 something yards a carry. he's bigger and faster than I remember from last year too.

He should be added to the Payton watch list.

He is a hell of a runner, but we never put 9 in the box. That was one of our complaints in the stands, we were playing corners off the ball at 9-11 yards and the safeties back as well. We never pressed our coverage like Albany did to us. In fact, we never press our coverage or load up ever. We sit in a 4-3 never pressing and on 3rd and long we go to a nickel package featuring a 3 man front.

danefan
September 15th, 2008, 02:32 PM
He is a hell of a runner, but we never put 9 in the box. That was one of our complaints in the stands, we were playing corners off the ball at 9-11 yards and the safeties back as well. We never pressed our coverage like Albany did to us. In fact, we never press our coverage or load up ever. We sit in a 4-3 never pressing and on 3rd and long we go to a nickel package featuring a 3 man front.

I agree with the nickel on 3rd and long, but it seemed like you guys were loading the box every other play.

We must have been watching two different games on Saturday UB.xconfusedx :D

Dane96
September 15th, 2008, 02:57 PM
D96 - Although Mallory's first game was vs. Bryant, his sencond game was in the Fargodome vs. NDSU!

CCSU's Junior RB James Mallory had carries of 21 and 36 yards and totaled 116 yards on 17 attempts to lead the Central Connecticut rushing attack vs. NDSU.

Ask Bison fans, despite the score, CCSU ran well even early in the game.

Wasnt talking about CCSU's kid...was talking about Bryant. I know the comp you played.

Uncle Buck
September 15th, 2008, 03:06 PM
I agree with the nickel on 3rd and long, but it seemed like you guys were loading the box every other play.

We must have been watching two different games on Saturday UB.xconfusedx :D

I'm telling you, we have complained for years that HU never challenges teams and always plays too soft. We though with the arrival of Cohen that would change, sadly it hasn't. It's gotta be something in the drinking water at the school that infects their heads. Albany played up on our recievers and forced them to get off the line, we just sit back and let teams have 4-5 yards on the corner before we make contact. On one 3rd and short, we still had a 7 yard cushion on the corner. Having played defense, i like to watch what they do. I challenge someone to find me a game where we pressed our coverage, i'll give you $50 if you send me the video. Like the Loch Ness monster, there is rumor of it, some claim to have seen it, but when push comes to shove, it just doesn't exist. xsmhx

danefan
September 15th, 2008, 03:10 PM
I'm telling you, we have complained for years that HU never challenges teams and always plays too soft. We though with the arrival of Cohen that would change, sadly it hasn't. It's gotta be something in the drinking water at the school that infects their heads. Albany played up on our recievers and forced them to get off the line, we just sit back and let teams have 4-5 yards on the corner before we make contact. On one 3rd and short, we still had a 7 yard cushion on the corner. Having played defense, i like to watch what they do. I challenge someone to find me a game where we pressed our coverage, i'll give you $50 if you send me the video. Like the Loch Ness monster, there is rumor of it, some claim to have seen it, but when push comes to shove, it just doesn't exist. xsmhx

Corner coverage I agree with you. We were talking in the stands about how Albany should have taken advantage of the soft corners more often. I don't think Albany threw more than 1 or 2 slants or hitches the entire game.