THE CITADEL 44 PRINCETON 10
FURMAN 23 DELAWARE 20
ELON 38 GA.SOUTHERN 23
JVILLE ST 24 UTC 17
JMU 24 APP ST 20
WOFFORD 17 S.CAROLINA 27
SAMFORD-OPEN

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Like the picks. I'd just change a few scores.

Furman: 35 - Delaware 31: Battle of two top teams from their conferences. Furman scores late to get the W.
Elon: 45 - Ga. Southern: 28: Just from reading what GSU fans are saying, GSU lacks consistency. Riddle lights to sky up.
Wofford: 7 - S. Carolina: 17. Spurrier has gotten his defense to play...at times. Offense struggles. Key will be Wofford shooting itself in the foot with turnovers.

The JMU/ASU game will either be a defensive battle or shootout.

Regardless I just don't see how ASU can beat JMU three straight years. ('05 and last year). Especially this one being @JMU. I'd love to see App come out on top - I just don't see see it happening. Based on how explosive ASU has been and the Dukes putting on a show against UMass....

JMU: 41 - ASU: 38. Dukes drive the field in the final minutes and kick a field goal instead of running out the clock. Mathews doesn't want a repeat of playoffs.

Death Dealer
September 14th, 2008, 02:32 PM
I don't like picking scores, so:

WCU over PRESBYTERIAN: Presby's D can't even contain the Cats
THE CITADEL over PRINCETON: The Bellhops get revenge on the Tigers. Oops, wrong Tigers.:o
FURMAN over DELAWARE: This is a homer pick, but I have confidence in the 'Dins!
ELON over GA.SOUTHERN: Eagles continue to struggle on D, Elon continues to shine on O. Sorry Baldy.
JVILLE ST over UTC: Come on, it's UTC.
APP ST over JMU: Appy contiunes to take care of business. JMU is looking for revenge, but can't quite pull it off.
WOFFORD over S.CAROLINA: Upset special!!!! Woofie puts it to Spurreirs boys just like Vandy did. The SEC may vote USC out after this one.xeekx
SAMFORD over BYE: I started to pick bye, but figured Samford deserved a break.

Mountaineer
September 14th, 2008, 02:47 PM
No score predictions:

Princeton @ The Citadel
Western Carolina @ Presbyterian
Delaware @ Furman
Jacksonville State @ Chattanooga
Elon @ Georgia Southern
Wofford @ South Carolina
Appalachian State @ James Madison
Samford @ Bye

uofmman1122
September 14th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Samford @ Byexlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 14th, 2008, 03:04 PM
WCU 35 PRESBYTERIAN 17
FURMAN 23 DELAWARE 20
ELON 38 GA.SOUTHERN 41
JVILLE ST 24 UTC 17
JMU 28 APP ST 35
WOFFORD 10 S.CAROLINA 20
SAMFORD-OPEN

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Just going to slightly modify CM's predictions, just to cut down on my work...obviously my prediction for GSU-Elon is optimistic. Even Elon's running game is good enough to average over 4 ypc on us and we will be facing a passing game better than the last two that we have faced. I really hope that the offense really comes alive for us.

Appy and Madison - I think on paper ASU looks better as far as scores go. I'll take ASU to win it again.

LarryBoy
September 14th, 2008, 03:08 PM
The Citadel over Princeton: I can't remember the last SoCon/Ivy League matchup. The Citadel should roll.

Western Carolina over PC: Is Liberty not as good as advertised? Is Western Carolina better than advertised? Did PC take Benadryl before taking the field against Elon? Either way, I really want to see the Cats win this one.

Furman over Delaware: Not a lot of love so far for Furman on the Delaware board (not that that really matters). This could be the message game: Furman is back.

Ryan Perilloux over Chatt.

Elon over Georgia Southern: Elon woke up last week, seemingly. The Eagles NEED to wake up soon.

South Carolina over Wofford: I wouldn't call USC a disciplined team, and Wofford definitely is. So, I expect Wofford to be ready, USC to be woefully unready. Close as always.

Appalachian State over James Madison: I'm going with my gut on this one. I think JMU's great. But I think UMass was over-rated, and JMU may be a bit too inflated after the lopsided win. Still, this one is pretty much a toss-up. Should be a great game to watch.

Samford over Bye: Hey, they played Ole Miss decently. Give them that.

introvertedGSUfan
September 14th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Just going to slightly modify CM's predictions, just to cut down on my work...obviously my prediction for GSU-Elon is optimistic. Even Elon's running game is good enough to average over 4 ypc on us and we will be facing a passing game better than the last two that we have faced. I really hope that the offense really comes alive for us.

Our offense is looking much better than I thought it would look so far (minus a few dumb fumbles that should have been avoided). Our defense is what really needs to wake up and carry this young team. I think we could certainly beat Elon, but it will take every ounce of talent and skill our team has and a little luck.xnodx

Dinman31
September 14th, 2008, 04:25 PM
WCU 35 PRESBYTERIAN 17
FURMAN 23 DELAWARE 20
ELON 38 GA.SOUTHERN 23
JVILLE ST 24 UTC 17
JMU 24 APP ST 20
WOFFORD 17 S.CAROLINA 27
SAMFORD-OPEN

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

WCU 31 PC 21
The Citadel 38 Princeton 14
Delaware 34 Furman 21... shocked that everyone is picking us
Elon 31 GSU 24
JSU 38 UTC 23
ASU 30 JMU 24
S. Carolina 40 Wofford 10

furman94
September 14th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Im shocked you picked them! What have they shown you that Furman hasn't this year? No Flacco, No Cuff... what justifies your score?

CID1990
September 14th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Im shocked you picked them! What have they shown you that Furman hasn't this year? No Flacco, No Cuff... what justifies your score?

Maybe their performance against Maryland.

appstate38
September 14th, 2008, 05:20 PM
I will say this. I don't know what kind of speed the Knights possess but I do believe that UD did not improve in that department especially of the Defensive side of the ball. Furman wins going away.

I find my fellow Mountaineers lack of faith disturbing. Many picking the Dukes over the Apps. We still have a ton of weapons on offense, the D-Line is a year better and JMU has to beat us. I think there will be more pressure on JMU than on us. Plus we have had 2 weeks to prepare. Good game but we win.

Dinman31
September 14th, 2008, 05:27 PM

Look, I'm not saying we can't win. I was just surprised that up until my post everyone had picked us. Delaware returns most of its starters from a solid defense and they shutdown Maryland's offense. They are a big, physical team who reached the title game last year.

If we play really well we can win, but I'm just shocked so many expect it.

ERASU2113
September 14th, 2008, 06:01 PM
I find my fellow Mountaineers lack of faith disturbing. Many picking the Dukes over the Apps. We still have a ton of weapons on offense, the D-Line is a year better and JMU has to beat us. I think there will be more pressure on JMU than on us. Plus we have had 2 weeks to prepare. Good game but we win.

Honestly for me it's a toss up. Either team can go out and win. Across the board JMU and ASU match up well. You have to look at intangibles.

-JMU is at home
-They are coming off an impressive win...even if UMass is overrated.
-JMU has the motivation of revenge, payback for two losses in Boone. Of course players and coaches say it's not there...but the returning players have to remember the sour taste of last year's heartbreaker.
-ASU hasn't found the weapons in the passing game to get a balance going.
-AE still is getting used to the new group. Yeah there is CoCo...but you don't have the speed of Dexter or the sure hands of Hans to compliment.
-AE is also struggling getting the ball to them...overthrows.
-Two weeks of inconsistent play...1 week off...no real chance to get a good rhythm going. For JMU - last week shows where they're at.

I'm not saying it's going to be a JMU or ASU dominant win...the fact of the matter is there will be one play. One play at the beginning or end of the game that will decide it.

ericsaid
September 14th, 2008, 06:05 PM
For everyone who is saying South Carolina and Wofford will be a good game. South Carolina is much improved from previous years and i'd be suprised to see South Carolina score less than 35. The defense has been solid to and won't allow Wofford to score until it's garbage time.

Reign of Terrier
September 14th, 2008, 06:12 PM
For everyone who is saying South Carolina and Wofford will be a good game. South Carolina is much improved from previous years and i'd be suprised to see South Carolina score less than 35. The defense has been solid to and won't allow Wofford to score until it's garbage time.

The only reason the D played well against UGA was the UGA o line. It was clearly the weakest part of the Dawg offense. The O-line for Wofford is just as talented as any team in football. Don't count the terriers out just yet.

Reign of Terrier
September 14th, 2008, 06:28 PM
WCU 35 PRESBYTERIAN 17
FURMAN 23 DELAWARE 20
ELON 38 GA.SOUTHERN 23
JVILLE ST 24 UTC 17
JMU 24 APP ST 20
WOFFORD 17 S.CAROLINA 27
SAMFORD-OPEN

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

WCU over PC (7pts+)
The Citadel over Princeton(alot)
Deleware over FU (7pts-)
Elon over GSU (big)
Jville over UTC(10pts+)
JMU or App (10pts max)
USC over Woco (closer than the experts think but not neccesarily close)
Open over Samford:D :D :D

phoenix3
September 14th, 2008, 07:02 PM
I see FU all over Deleware. I don't mean this as an insult, but I think Sorrels is a better qb overall than Gray. From the looks of it FU is back.

hapapp
September 14th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Honestly for me it's a toss up. Either team can go out and win. Across the board JMU and ASU match up well. You have to look at intangibles.

-JMU is at home
-JMU has the motivation of revenge, payback for two losses in Boone. Of course players and coaches say it's not there...but the returning players have to remember the sour taste of last year's heartbreaker.
-AE still is getting used to the new group. Yeah there is CoCo...but you don't have the speed of Dexter or the sure hands of Hans to compliment.
-Two weeks of inconsistent play...1 week off...no real chance to get a good rhythm going. For JMU - last week shows where they're at.

I'm not saying it's going to be a JMU or ASU dominant win...the fact of the matter is there will be one play. One play at the beginning or end of the game that will decide it.

Good analysis. Obviously, ASU is capable of winning. But, if you had to give the edge to someone, I would say JMU is the slight favorite.

WCU LawCat
September 14th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Alright here is my stab

WCU 38 PRESBYTERIAN 9 (WCU should have beaten Liberty)

THE CITADEL a lot PRINCETON not much

FURMAN 21 DELAWARE 20 (Furman gets a big one at home. Delaware misses 4th quarter FG)

ELON 133 GA.SOUTHERN 135 (both teams are overratted IMHO. GSU wins at home where they are tough and will believe they should beat Elon)

JVILLE ST 31 UTC 19

JMU 31 APP ST 14 (Game even at the half at 7. JMU makes a big play and starts to pull ahead late in the 3rd. App falls apart and JMU pours it on in the 4th. Not the same chemestry with this App team this year. Not bashing APP this is just how i see it)

WOFFORD 6 S.CAROLINA 28

SAMFORD-OPEN

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Dinman31
September 14th, 2008, 08:19 PM
I see FU all over Deleware. I don't mean this as an insult, but I think Sorrels is a better qb overall than Gray. From the looks of it FU is back.

No doubt about Sorrells. he has looked very good so far. He seems to have great leadership skills, throws an accurate ball, gets us in the right play and even made the right read on several option plays this weekend.

T-Dog
September 14th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Princeton @ El Citadel, 42-10 El Cit
WCU @ Presbyterian, 28-17 WCU
Delaware @ Furman, 34-20 Furman
Jax State @ UT-Nooga, 21-20 Jax State
Elon @ GaSo, 42-35 Elon
Wofford @ USC, 38-14 USC
App St @ JMU, 32-30 App St

Analysis later this week.

RazorEdge19
September 14th, 2008, 08:35 PM
Princeton @ The Citadel
Charleston is known for its hot weather in late September early October, Jersey is not. Expect Citadel to come out hot after their bye week, especially since they've been stewing on the loss to Clemson.

Western Carolina @ Presbyterian

PC has looked good at times, and bad at times...but so has Western. They should've beaten Liberty, but they didn't. PC will be motivated after their embarrassing loss to Elon, I expect them to play well.

Delaware @ Furman

This is a tough one. Furman played very well at Colgate, and really seemed to turn it on in the second half. Meanwhile, Delaware lost a heartbreaker at Maryland. If Furman can stop the run, they win. If they can't, they don't.

Jacksonville State @ Chattanooga

LSU Transfer QB does his best FSU impersonation...

Elon @ Georgia Southern

This game is dependent on GSU's defense. If they can slow down Elon's offense, as Richmond did, then I think they can beat Elon in a beat-down drag-out game. If Elon starts getting long completions early, it could be a long night for the Hatch-attack.

Wofford @ South Carolina

This is an interesting match-up. Which South Carolina team will show up? If its the team that played Georgia, it could get ugly fast. If its the team that played Vanderbilt, the Terriers have a chance at keeping it close and walking out of Williams-Bryce with a W. Either way, the defense can't let USC get up a lot early.

Appalachian State @ James Madison

The revenge game. I think James Madison has been stewing on their loss at ASU for the past 10 months. They were slow close to ending the streak that many ASU seniors were thinking about life after football. If ASU can weather their initial surge, it could be a fun game. If the ASU defense can't...then it could be a long day for App.

Samford @ Bye

Bye week sneaks up on an unsuspecting Samford...

eaglesrthe1
September 14th, 2008, 08:43 PM
GSU will take Elon by 17.

Cocky
September 14th, 2008, 09:28 PM
Since we play a SOCON team this week I will give it a shot.

Princeton @ El Citadel, Citadel
WCU @ Presbyterian, WCU
Delaware @ Furman, Delaware
Jax State @ UT-Nooga, JSU
Elon @ GaSo, GaSU
Wofford @ USC, USC
App St @ JMU, JMU

mountaineertider
September 14th, 2008, 09:38 PM
The winners:

Citadel, Western, Furman, Jacksonville State, Elon, USC, and App by 6

straightshooter
September 14th, 2008, 09:48 PM
If the GSU D that played the second half Saturday night shows up the whole game against Elon, the Eagles will win. Northeastern managed just one decent drive in the second half and had to settle for a fairly long FG.

Offensively the Eagles are getting better and better. Looks like Henton will take most of the snaps. He had a hand in all five TDs Saturday night. The main difference between GSU and Elon is that GSU has a running game to compliment it's improving passing game. Elon seems to be a one trick pony that is great when it's clicking, but not so great (see Richmond) when it's not.

This game will solely depend on which GSU D shows up and when. Both teams should put up points.

PaladinFan
September 14th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Princeton at The Citadel: Ivy League comes south and gets a whipping by the Cadets. 'Dogs 42-24

WCU at Prebyterian: WCU is improving. Presby is on the SoCon circuit. See if the Cats can't get a nice road win. Cats 24-17.

Delaware at Furman: Furman's offense has looked extremely good against teams not named Virginia Tech. This game will be won on the line where I think Furman has the upper hand. Dins 27-20.

JSU at Chattanooga: UTC needs to slow down JSU's one man show. Mocs 27-21

Elon at GSU: Eagles have looked rough against two winless FCS teams. The Phoenix finally found their offensive stride. Firebirds 34-21

Wofford at USC: Tough defense to walk into coming off a sour loss to UGA. USC 27-10

App State at JMU: Tough to beat a team three times in a row. If the team that got steamrolled by Duke shows up, App could roll. Mounties 27-17

93henfan
September 14th, 2008, 10:25 PM
I will say this. I don't know what kind of speed the Knights possess but I do believe that UD did not improve in that department especially of the Defensive side of the ball. Furman wins going away.

Love your bravado, but the Delaware team you faced last year was simply gassed from a dismal spell on the road in the playoffs, stuck in Iowa of all places for a few days due to a winter storm, and playing at essentially a home game for App St with horrid officiating. Certainly, App was the better team that night, but you didn't see the Delaware team that put up 59 points on Navy.

Fact of the matter is, there's not much difference in the teams at the top of the CAA and SoCon. The two interconference matchups this coming weekend are complete tossups, and we all know it.

Any Given Saturdayxthumbsupx

My predictions on the two CAA/SoCon games:
UD 24 - Furman 17 (OT)
JMU 31 - App St 28

Black and Gold Express
September 14th, 2008, 10:35 PM
App State at JMU: Tough to beat a team three times in a row. If the team that got steamrolled by Duke shows up, App could roll. Mounties 27-17

Just to note that JMU has not beaten us in the last 4 times we have played them, by my recollection. Last year, 2006, the 1995 playoffs, and in 1992 (I think) at their place on a Hail Mary. Memory's fuzzy but i think in that game we scored 21 in half a quarter to pull it out, or something freaky like that.

Regardless, JMU has about 15 years worth of revenge building up for this game. And I feel good about our chances to make it 5 wins in a row after Saturday.

Black and Gold Express
September 14th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Love your bravado, but the Delaware team you faced last year was simply gassed from a dismal spell on the road in the playoffs, stuck in Iowa of all places for a few days due to a winter storm, and playing at essentially a home game for App St with horrid officiating. Certainly, App was the better team that night, but you didn't see the Delaware team that put up 59 points on Navy.

Just a sidebar, but could you possibly work up any more excuses for a 49-21 blowout loss that wasn't even that close? I mean you only have like 4 in there. I'd like to see an even 10 if you can muster it please. xsmiley_wix Or you could just stick with that last line and call it a day.

Get over it man. You got whupped plain and simple. Hopefully there will be a rematch soon though, it was good to finally meet y'all on the field.

gofurman
September 14th, 2008, 10:58 PM

I watched them play Maryland and thought their D was better than ours to be honest.

Sporting News gives them 3 All Americas - is that the most of any team? may be.

I want FU to win bad but I say Delaware is the favorite here by 10.

*beating Colgate doesn't mean a lot to me - remember how easy it was to beat Lehigh in the 01 playoffs? (vs WKU and GSU absolute nail biters) Patriot League wins aren't the best measures...

93henfan
September 14th, 2008, 11:18 PM
Just a sidebar, but could you possibly work up any more excuses for a 49-21 blowout loss that wasn't even that close? I mean you only have like 4 in there. I'd like to see an even 10 if you can muster it please. xsmiley_wix Or you could just stick with that last line and call it a day.

Get over it man. You got whupped plain and simple. Hopefully there will be a rematch soon though, it was good to finally meet y'all on the field.

Gotta love the class of App St fans.

The Cats
September 14th, 2008, 11:22 PM
Gotta love the class of App St fans.

who's talking about classly fans ?????? He just spoke the truth........ xbabycryx

elon77
September 15th, 2008, 07:35 AM

So, if you were going to place a bet you would give someone Elon plus 17 points? I believe most people would take that betxthumbsupx

appfan2008
September 15th, 2008, 07:47 AM
WCU PRESBYTERIAN
THE CITADEL PRINCETON
FURMAN DELAWARE
ELON GA.SOUTHERN
JVILLE ST UTC
JMU APP ST
WOFFORD S.CAROLINA
SAMFORD OPEN

Eaglesrus
September 15th, 2008, 08:05 AM

So, if you were going to place a bet you would give someone Elon plus 17 points? I believe most people would take that betxthumbsupx

I wouldn't bet on GSU giving Elon and 17, but I do think that if your running game isn't any better than I have been hearing then we will win.

PaladinFan
September 15th, 2008, 08:12 AM
I wouldn't bet on GSU giving Elon and 17, but I do think that if your running game isn't any better than I have been hearing then we will win.

No disrespect intended, but how do you figure beating Elon by 17 points? The Eagles just struggled at home to beat two winless teams. Elon's much better than both APU and NE.

appstate38
September 15th, 2008, 08:23 AM

-JMU is at home

I hear what you are saying but let me add this to the equation. First of all we haven't lost to a non-SoCon FCS team since what 2004??? Plus I still don't get where people on here are predicting that we score less than 30 points. One WCU fan says we only score 14 points.... That is just stupid. Yes the passing game may not be clicking yet, but the running game still is solid.

appfan2008
September 15th, 2008, 08:27 AM
I hear what you are saying but let me add this to the equation. First of all we haven't lost to a non-SoCon FCS team since what 2004??? Plus I still don't get where people on here are predicting that we score less than 30 points. One WCU fan says we only score 14 points.... That is just stupid. Yes the passing game may not be clicking yet, but the running game still is solid.

asu may give up a lot of points but we always put a lot up as well

Eaglesrus
September 15th, 2008, 08:38 AM
No disrespect intended, but how do you figure beating Elon by 17 points? The Eagles just struggled at home to beat two winless teams. Elon's much better than both APU and NE.

First, I didn't say anything about us beating Elon by 17, that was another poster. I just said that I think we have a chance to win if they don't mix some running in with their passing. It appears that they did against PC, but I keep reading people say that their running game isn't very good.

jus10asu
September 15th, 2008, 08:44 AM
THE CITADEL PRINCETON
FURMAN DELAWARE
ELON GA.SOUTHERN
JACKSONVILLE ST. UTC
JMU APP ST.
WOFFORD S.CAROLINA
SAMFORD-Bye

The Cats
September 15th, 2008, 09:08 AM
WCU 35 PRESBYTERIAN 17
FURMAN 23 DELAWARE 20
ELON 38 GA.SOUTHERN 23
JVILLE ST 24 UTC 17
JMU 24 APP ST 20
WOFFORD 17 S.CAROLINA 27
SAMFORD-OPEN

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

WCU by 30 points
The Citadel by 35 points
Furman by 7
Elon by 10
JSU by 21
asu by 7
Wofford by 10

Eaglegus2
September 15th, 2008, 09:23 AM

I can tell you this much.........don't judge GSU by the previous games this year. The Eagles will play come Saturday against Elon. Coach Hatcher has limited the playbook for the OOC games. There will be a lot different sets on offense and defense for the conference games.

I really want Elon to come to Statesboro thinking about how the Eagles struggled against APSU & NE.

I do expect one hell of a game from Riddle. Hopefully, we will score one point more than the Phoenix.

ElonPride
September 15th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Coach Hatcher has limited the playbook for the OOC games. .

Elon surely won't look past GSU, but do you expect everyone to beleive that statement? When you're on the verge of losing 2 games to less than mediocre teams....well.....that's just bad coaching if it's the case.

ChadWC
September 15th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Elon surely won't look past GSU, but do you expect everyone to beleive that statement? When you're on the verge of losing 2 games to less than mediocre teams....well.....that's just bad coaching if it's the case.

Or its called we have had as many as 24 freshman playing in the games and we want to ease them into the playbook in game situations and not put too much on them and slowly expand it. I'd call that good coaching. Fact is we have won both games and struggled in doing so. Don't be surprised if we play a complete game against Elon Saturday. If we do, Elon won't stay within 3 touchdowns of us.

PhoenixPhan06
September 15th, 2008, 09:57 AM
WCU 24 Presbyterian 13: The Blue Hose come out with some fight after a thorough beating but Western proves too much
Citadel 31 Princeton 6: Unless there is a quiz bowl at the half, Citadel cruises in this one
Delaware 17 Furman 10: Delaware proves that the Maryland game wasn't a fluke
Elon 41 GSU 24: The Phoenix continue to rise behind strong performances by Riddle and his fleet of receivers and the improved running game
Jacksonville State 24 UTC 21: Perrilloux prevails
ASU 31 JMU 27: JMU almost reaches the summit in this one but Edwards is too much for the Dukes to handle
South Carolina 35 Wofford 17: After hanging with Georgia, USC imposes their will in this one

HiHiYikas
September 15th, 2008, 10:01 AM
Well, let's see

I'll take the Citadel over Princeton

WCU runs nothing but plays drawn up by fans, still beats Presbyterian by 21...ASU responds by making September 27 "fans play for the Mountaineers" night at Kidd-Brewer stadium.

Delaware @ Furman - should be a good game. I'm not going to pretend to know enough to make a real prediction (like any of us do, right?), but I'd give the Paladins the all-important 'message-board-vibe' edge right now, so I'll take Furman by 7.

Jax State @ UT-Nooga - probably JSU.

Elon @ GaSo - gotta go with Elon

Wofford @ USC - I really hope Wofford takes down the Gamecocks, but I'm not counting on it.

App St @ JMU - Finally, an interesting game for ASU. I would say this game will show what these teams are capable of in 2008, but that's not entirely true - unless the score is very one-sided. I'm not surprised if the winner and loser make decent playoff runs (barring another first-round matchup). I'm glad to see the Mountaineers in an even-ish matchup, and I think they come out on top again.

ElonPride
September 15th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Or its called we have had as many as 24 freshman playing in the games and we want to ease them into the playbook in game situations and not put too much on them and slowly expand it. I'd call that good coaching. Fact is we have won both games and struggled in doing so. Don't be surprised if we play a complete game against Elon Saturday. If we do, Elon won't stay within 3 touchdowns of us.

Good coaching? What Lembo did with Riddle, and all the freshman we had last year, was good coaching. Threw them to the wolves against South Florida and was PREPARED! Trouble is, is doesn't seem like GSU hasn't even been prepared for the teams you've faced so far, even with a "limited playbook."

Sorry, but if Elon is on half the cylinders of the team Preby saw this past weekend, you won't come within 2 Tds.

gophoenix
September 15th, 2008, 10:11 AM

The fact is, you guys have been using the freshmen excuse all year. Give it a rest. It's not like none of the rest of us had to go through this. xrolleyesx

As for limiting the playbook. Whatever. I think it's kind of dirty if it is purely designed to pull the wool over the eyes of conference members. I mean, you should just refuse to give game tape too. But honestly, I expect no better out of GSU. xrolleyesx

GSUISBACK
September 15th, 2008, 10:11 AM
The playbook has been limited This is our qb's 6th week or so in the system all but 1 of our rb's are true freshmen 1 is a rs freshmen and the oline is brand new

GSUISBACK
September 15th, 2008, 10:14 AM
The fact is, you guys have been using the freshmen excuse all year. Give it a rest. It's not like none of the rest of us had to go through this. xrolleyesx

As for limiting the playbook. Whatever. I think it's kind of dirty if it is purely designed to pull the wool over the eyes of conference members. I mean, you should just refuse to give game tape too. But honestly, I expect no better out of GSU. xrolleyesx
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx dirty play by limiting the playbook xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

introvertedGSUfan
September 15th, 2008, 10:25 AM

Um, did you guys have three different coaches in three successive years? If not, then no, you never had to "go through this."

You NEVER have this many freshmen starting unless you have had one coach who bolted after one year who didn't bother trying to recruit. Hatcher was only able to land like a half dozen recruits when we hired him (he only had 15 recruiting days left when he was brought on). VanGorder absolutely screwed us, which is why Hatcher had to recruit twenty-something guys this past off season, many of whom are starting for each game.

By the way, I personally don't expect us to win this weekend, but I think we'll certainly put up a fight. I have too many doubts about our defense after watching the Northeastern game. Elon has too much experience under their belt especially after securing a win against us last year in OT.

Eaglegus2
September 15th, 2008, 10:51 AM
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx dirty play by limiting the playbook xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

You haven't been around organized football to long have you gophoenix.xrolleyesx

dirty playing is a complete joke.xnodx xnodx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Hope you can make the trip to Paulson on Saturday.

gophoenix
September 15th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Um, did you guys have three different coaches in three successive years? If not, then no, you never had to "go through this."

You NEVER have this many freshmen starting unless you have had one coach who bolted after one year who didn't bother trying to recruit. Hatcher was only able to land like a half dozen recruits when we hired him (he only had 15 recruiting days left when he was brought on). VanGorder absolutely screwed us, which is why Hatcher had to recruit twenty-something guys this past off season, many of whom are starting for each game.

By the way, I personally don't expect us to win this weekend, but I think we'll certainly put up a fight. I have too many doubts about our defense after watching the Northeastern game. Elon has too much experience under their belt especially after securing a win against us last year in OT.

Blah blah blah whining BS. preemptive excuses. xbawlingx We had 3 coaches in 4 years so get off it and we didn't even start out as a good team when the first one left, unlike GSU. We haven't graduated more than 10 starters in 3 seasons and will graduate 4 this year. So, all I have to say to you is, man up.

Eaglegus2, After you guys cried and cried about Elon giving a play tape that didn't show what we were running currently 5 years ago; i'd at least expect a bit more out of GSU fans. Funny thing is, expecting more out of GSU and GSU fans is a constant disappointment.

All I'm hearing from GSU fans this year is xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

ElonPride
September 15th, 2008, 11:37 AM

There were players on last year's Elon team that saw 3 coaches!!! Sorry, but I don't buy that excuse either......and did you also see how many freshman Elon started this past season? We had 2 freshman play in the game versus Presby (probably a better team than AP) a marjority of the game at key positions......both rushed for over 90 yards.....

introvertedGSUfan
September 15th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Blah blah blah whining BS. preemptive excuses. xbawlingx We had 3 coaches in 4 years so get off it and we didn't even start out as a good team when the first one left, unlike GSU. We haven't graduated more than 10 starters in 3 seasons and will graduate 4 this year. So, all I have to say to you is, man up.

Again, did you have to over recruit one year or not? This isn't an excuse genius, it's a tentative explanation as to why our team is performing like it is. There are no excuses for losses or close wins that shouldn't have been so.

Also, dude, you're the one getting bent out of shape because a few posters mention that we have lots of freshmen that may or may not be ready to really play that are the source of our inconsistency. Ignore these posts if they really annoying this much or take it the Smack Board instead of fueling the fire here.xcoffeex

Biff
September 15th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Sounds like my predictions are simlilar to most, except Wofford. I think Wofford has a good chance to beat South Carolina. Carolina has sucked in every game. Had the NC State offense shown up, they would have had a closer game.

USC DID NOT ALMOST beat Georgia ... Georgia almost blew the game and gave USC a win. USC had only 18 yards rushing (can't win without some sort of rushing attack). Then Georgia gave up almost half the total yards gainede in penalties which can basically offset the poor running game from USC.

That said, I think USC will get beat by the Vanderbilt of South Carolina (It will be close though).

PhoenixPhan06
September 15th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Regardless of what class the players are is meaningless. You won't get any special treatment from the refs, you won't get spotted any points, and you won't get sympathy from the Phoenix because you have a young team. Good players make good plays, and the team that makes the most plays, well you know the rest.

While personel turnover is certainly the name of the game in college football, GSU has always played well against Elon and I expect Saturday night to be no different. GSU has set the bar in the SoCon over the years, but Saturday night could be a "passing of the torch" game given that Elon has been on the rise now for the third year in a row. If conditions are dry then the GSU defense better come to play because Riddle with be airing the ball out early and often, and our improving rushing game could certainly have an impact as well.

gophoenix
September 15th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Again, did you have to over recruit one year or not? This isn't an excuse genius, it's a tentative explanation as to why our team is performing like it is. There are no excuses for losses or close wins that shouldn't have been so.

Also, dude, you're the one getting bent out of shape because a few posters mention that we have lots of freshmen that may or may not be ready to really play that are the source of our inconsistency. Ignore these posts if they really annoying this much or take it the Smack Board instead of fueling the fire here.xcoffeex

xlolx I'm bent out of shape.

What the heck does "over recruit" mean? Recruiting is about talent finding to fill gaps. There is no such thing as over recruiting. And yes, it is an excuse. And if by over recruit you mean having to recruit more than normal or more than you would like, then yes, we have had to do it. So has Western. So has Liberty. So has UTC. So have any number of other teams that had a coach clean house or wreck the program.

james_lawfirm
September 15th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Appalachian State over James Madison: I'm going with my gut on this one. I think JMU's great. But I think UMass was over-rated, and JMU may be a bit too inflated after the lopsided win. Still, this one is pretty much a toss-up. Should be a great game to watch.

Larry:

Your gut is a toss-up??? xeekx xeekx xeekx

introvertedGSUfan
September 15th, 2008, 12:31 PM
xlolx I'm bent out of shape.

And yes, it is an excuse.

It may be an excuse for some, but I guess you don't feel I'm telling the truth then, otherwise how would you explain what I made was an excuse when I said we have no excuses for our performance? Are factual statements excuses in your eyes?xconfusedx

elon77
September 15th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Hey, this Elon GSU stuff is pretty good. And everyone think about it we are just getting started good.

OL FU
September 15th, 2008, 02:39 PM
Hey, this Elon GSU stuff is pretty good. And everyone think about it we are just getting started good.

Welcome to the gangxsmiley_wix

OL FU
September 15th, 2008, 02:42 PM
WCU PRESBYTERIAN
THE CITADEL PRINCETON
FURMAN DELAWARE
ELON GA.SOUTHERN
JVILLE ST UTC
JMU APP ST
WOFFORD S.CAROLINA

Why? Cuz this is homer week at OL FU's placexnodx xthumbsupx

Death Dealer
September 15th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Sounds like my predictions are simlilar to most, except Wofford. I think Wofford has a good chance to beat South Carolina. Carolina has sucked in every game. Had the NC State offense shown up, they would have had a closer game.

USC DID NOT ALMOST beat Georgia ... Georgia almost blew the game and gave USC a win. USC had only 18 yards rushing (can't win without some sort of rushing attack). Then Georgia gave up almost half the total yards gainede in penalties which can basically offset the poor running game from USC.

That said, I think USC will get beat by the Vanderbilt of South Carolina (It will be close though).
Furman's not playing USC this year? xrolleyesx

drpnut
September 15th, 2008, 03:17 PM
The way I see it:

WCU over Presby: 34-21
Elcid over Prince: 31-10
Jax over Chatty: 24-21

Elon over GaSouth: This is a close one to call and I believe the Phoenix squeek it out 34-31

Delaware over Furple: Being a SoCon boy I want to pick all of our schools but my gut tells me this will be a tight game and the edge going to the chickens 21-18

JMU over Appy: See above comment about the SoCon. Plus my wife is an Appy and by picking JMU I might ensure that I "don't get any" for a while. Oh well. My gut says JMU will pull it out 30-27

I'm really trying not to be a "homer" but it is real hard to pick against Wofford against South Carolina. SC has no offense, and I believe we can run on them. I predict that if we control turnovers and the clock we will beat them 24-21. Ifwe give the ball away and give them good field postion on kick-offs and punts I predict SC gets us 35-20.

Peace

OL FU
September 15th, 2008, 03:19 PM
I'm really trying not to be a "homer" but it is real hard to pick against Wofford against South Carolina. SC has no offense, and I believe we can run on them. I predict that if we control turnovers and the clock we will beat them 24-21. Peace

Better luck next timexthumbsupx

I hope you kick their fanniesxsmiley_wix

drpnut
September 15th, 2008, 03:23 PM
OL FU

I think I redeemed myself by bolding the big word; "If"

OL FU
September 15th, 2008, 03:26 PM
OL FU

I think I redeemed myself by bolding the big word; "If"

I love that wordxnodx xthumbsupx

Seven Would Be Nice
September 15th, 2008, 03:30 PM
I think Elon-GSU is going to be a really great game this Saturday. I hope our D shows some improvement this week in practice and is ready to take on the Elon Air Raid. Our O seems to click more each week, and should this week since it seems pretty certain we know who our main QB is going to be.

PaladinFan
September 15th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Georgia Southern will definitely need to win this game. Four of the Eagle's first five games are in Paulson. In their final six games GSU will have two home contests. One will be against the defending national champs. Two tough road games in Greenville and Charleston also fill out those final six.

Seven Would Be Nice
September 15th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Georgia Southern will definitely need to win this game. Four of the Eagle's first five games are in Paulson. In their final six games GSU will have two home contests. One will be against the defending national champs. Two tough road games in Greenville and Charleston also fill out those final six.

For some reason we have 4 home games in September, 1 in October, and 1 in November. xconfusedx xconfusedx

furman94
September 15th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Poor Planning???

Eaglesrus
September 15th, 2008, 04:24 PM
For some reason we have 4 home games in September, 1 in October, and 1 in November. xconfusedx xconfusedx

Poor Planning???

Maybe so, but I don't think it's on our part since most of it is conference play and we don't make the call on those.

GSUhooligan
September 15th, 2008, 04:25 PM
WCU by 28
THE CITADEL by 24
DELAWARE by 21
GA.SOUTHERN by 3
JVILLE ST by 14
JMU by 7
S. CAROLINA by 35

PaladinFan
September 15th, 2008, 04:31 PM
Maybe so, but I don't think it's on our part since most of it is conference play and we don't make the call on those.

I thought that was odd. It's going to make for an incredibly difficult second half of the season. Maybe it is just more obvious now that teams like Elon and the Citadel are tough competition. I wouldn't sleep on that UTC game either. They are going to upset someone this season and I certainly hope it isn't us.

Eaglesrus
September 15th, 2008, 04:54 PM
I thought that was odd. It's going to make for an incredibly difficult second half of the season. Maybe it is just more obvious now that teams like Elon and the Citadel are tough competition. I wouldn't sleep on that UTC game either. They are going to upset someone this season and I certainly hope it isn't us.

I sure hope it's not us, either, but if they do I don't think it will because we're looking passed them since they have done it to us the last two years in a row.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 15th, 2008, 05:37 PM

If we win these next two home games, then I really like our chances of getting into the playoffs. Then all we have to do is beat Chatty, Western, and Samford (not too much of a stretch) and beat either Furman, App. State, or The Citadel (not too much of a stretch either). UTC certainly had a good chance to be a spoiler last year but this year I don't see them doing that. If I had to pick a spoiler for this year, I'd pick Western.

I just hope we've got enough Hatchmagic for the rest of the season.

Reign of Terrier
September 15th, 2008, 05:53 PM

The Citadel's playing USC???!!!

Reign of Terrier
September 15th, 2008, 05:58 PM
By the way even with a limited playbook a Socon team should beat these small teams by 20+ . The only excuse is if they make stupid mistakes (but still win by double digits).

introvertedGSUfan
September 15th, 2008, 06:04 PM
By the way even with a limited playbook a Socon team should beat these small teams by 20+ . The only excuse is if they make stupid mistakes (but still win by double digits).

By the way, a SoCon team should beat Presbyterian by at least 28 points. xrolleyesx xlolx

Reign of Terrier
September 15th, 2008, 06:24 PM
By the way, a SoCon team should beat Presbyterian by at least 28 points. xrolleyesx xlolx

Like I said MISTAKES
-blown coverage on opening posession
-fumbling on kickoff(guy blew out his knee)
-going down 14-0(see above)
-fumbling twice in PC territory (once on the 1!!!)

It could have been 52-14 without some mistakes (not to mention a LIMITED PLAYBOOK.). We outscored them 38-7 after the first 4 minutes. I'll take my 38-21 3 turnover victory over PC instead of a 34-20 semi-comeback victory over non athletic scholarship AP

CID1990
September 15th, 2008, 06:42 PM
We hung 400+ yards on clempson with our limited playbook.

Eaglesrus
September 15th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Like I said MISTAKES

It could have been 52-14 without some mistakes (not to mention a LIMITED PLAYBOOK.). We outscored them 38-7 after the first 4 minutes. I'll take my 38-21 3 turnover victory over PC instead of a 34-20 semi-comeback victory over non athletic scholarship AP

Uh, 1) gee, it's sure a surprise that you'll take your victory over PC over ours over AP, but I'm not seeing how either one effects our game on the 27th, and 2) AP is not a non-scholarship program. However, I do believe that they're only funding a limited number right now. Oh, and 3) our game against AP could also have been 52 - 14 without some mistakes, what's your point?

GreatAppSt
September 15th, 2008, 07:30 PM
JMU 31 APP ST 14 (Game even at the half at 7. JMU makes a big play and starts to pull ahead late in the 3rd. App falls apart and JMU pours it on in the 4th. Not the same chemestry with this App team this year. Not bashing APP this is just how i see it)

You're right this is not bashing, then again it's not good at comedy either.

Don't quit your day job.xsmiley_wix

PaladinFan
September 15th, 2008, 08:04 PM

Welcome to the club.

GreatAppSt
September 15th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Certainly, App was the better team that night, but you didn't see the Delaware team that put up 59 points on Navy.

I'll see you and raise you a, but you didn't see the Appalachian team that put up 34 on Michigan,:D or maybe you did and you saw the result.xthumbsupx

just sayin (and I loved the chance to bring up Mich. again) thanks.

GoGSU
September 15th, 2008, 08:22 PM
I freakin love it!!! Elon has 1 winning season in, what?, 30 years, now they are experts in winning!!!!!

GSU is going to beat E-loan by 2 td's, after halftime it won't even be close!

send them back where they belong, BACK IN THE SoCON cellar!xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

eaglesrthe1
September 15th, 2008, 08:23 PM

So...uh, what's your prediction?

eaglesrthe1
September 15th, 2008, 08:25 PM

Not much to use as a guide, but I think that NE will give a better game to Richmond than Elon did.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 15th, 2008, 08:27 PM
Not much to use as a guide, but I think that NE will give a better game to Richmond than Elon did.

You base this on what?

elon77
September 15th, 2008, 09:30 PM

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

elon77
September 15th, 2008, 09:41 PM
So...uh, what's your prediction?

Prediction? Here's a RIDDLE for you. Roses are red, violets are blue, Scott will throw for close to 400 and GSU will loose by two. TD's that is.xnodx

ChadWC
September 15th, 2008, 11:39 PM
Are these Elon folks really serious? Crying because we limited the playbook? Are you kidding me? Fact is, you are not going to beat us at home. You won't stop our offense unless we stop ourselves.....ie...we fumble for the non football savvy Elon fan. Our defense will stop you enough, meaning we will hold you from scoring enough....for that particular Elon guy once again. You will score your points but we are going to score more because we have more than just a Riddle....that means we have more weapons on offense than you do.

Georgia Southern 48 Elon 24 BOOK IT!

Call me cocky or whatever you want. I personally don't care. Like Paul Johnson said....

There's a line between being cocky and being confident in yourself. That's what we pushed. You're Georgia Southern. You're supposed to win so don't be surprised when you do.

GATA EAGLES JUST ONE MORE TIME!!!!

hippy@GSU
September 16th, 2008, 12:37 AM
Are these Elon folks really serious? Crying because we limited the playbook? Are you kidding me? Fact is, you are not going to beat us at home. You won't stop our offense unless we stop ourselves.....ie...we fumble for the non football savvy Elon fan. Our defense will stop you enough, meaning we will hold you from scoring enough....for that particular Elon guy once again. You will score your points but we are going to score more because we have more than just a Riddle....that means we have more weapons on offense than you do.

Call me cocky or whatever you want. I personally don't care. Like Paul Johnson said....

There's a line between being cocky and being confident in yourself. That's what we pushed. You're Georgia Southern. You're supposed to win so don't be surprised when you do.

Time to go tear down a wall.

gophoenix
September 16th, 2008, 07:19 AM
I freakin love it!!! Elon has 1 winning season in, what?, 30 years, now they are experts in winning!!!!!

GSU is going to beat E-loan by 2 td's, after halftime it won't even be close!

send them back where they belong, BACK IN THE SoCON cellar!xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

Oh, I just love the class of fans who come out of the woodwork that can't even do an internet search. xrolleyesx

Considering Elon has had more winning seasons than GSU has had a football team.

elon77
September 16th, 2008, 07:20 AM

Whoa, sounds like someone still believes in the tooth fairy too! But, who knows you could be right.xcoffeex

gophoenix
September 16th, 2008, 07:21 AM

Cocky is better than preemptive excuses about Freshmen. But the whole beating ourselves thing is just another preemptive excuse xbawlingx

I don't hear any Elon fans coming up with preemptive excuses. I sure hope you guys are still on the board come next Monday.

Biff
September 16th, 2008, 07:27 AM
Cocky is better than preemptive excuses about Freshmen. But the whole beating ourselves thing is just another preemptive excuse xbawlingx

I don't hear any Elon fans coming up with preemptive excuses. I sure hope you guys are still on the board come next Monday.

Don't worry. Elon fans can make excuses. Just go back and read the crying you guys did about hurt players last year after The Citadel beat you.

gophoenix
September 16th, 2008, 08:08 AM
Don't worry. Elon fans can make excuses. Just go back and read the crying you guys did about hurt players last year after The Citadel beat you.

xrolleyesx mind your own argument knob.

Difference is, GSU fans are making their excuses now for when they lose. None of us expected to lose and even then, the cause was that you guys were deeper and better coached for the game. End of story.

ElonPride
September 16th, 2008, 08:11 AM

Elon beat (arguably) a better team than GSU's previous two by 54 points with a "limited playbook."

Eaglesrus
September 16th, 2008, 08:55 AM
Elon beat (arguably) a better team than GSU's previous two by 54 points with a "limited playbook."

Yeah, you're right, I would definitely argue about PC being better than Northeastern.

ElonPride
September 16th, 2008, 09:15 AM
Yeah, you're right, I would definitely argue about PC being better than Northeastern.

Well, you're right that's a tad far fetched.......but I would say they are better than Austin Peay xnodx

citdog
September 16th, 2008, 09:20 AM
xrolleyesx mind your own argument knob.

Difference is, GSU fans are making their excuses now for when they lose. None of us expected to lose and even then, the cause was that you guys were deeper and better coached for the game. End of story.

YOU HAVEN'T EARNED THE RIGHT TO USE THAT WORD...

FINALLY

blueballs
September 16th, 2008, 09:21 AM
A quick perusal of the record book shows GSU with only 10 double digit losses in 26 years at Paulson, one of which came in the inaugural 1982 season, two more in the 2006 BVG debacle, and two more were to eventual national champions Youngstown and Marshall in the 90's. Chris Hatcher hasn't lost a home game by double digits in his career.

The point is that there are several pretty cocky Elon fans who are thinking their young squad is going to go into Paulson and win big... history says that sentiment is most likely incorrect. Don't make the mistake of confusing Presbyterian with GSU... this is a conference game and will be hard fought and close, just like last year, and your team will be playing in a hot, hostile environment.

Elsewhere, the two CAA/SoCon games are really intriguing... it will be interesting to see how those games turn out. The ASU/JMU game is particularly interesting... if App loses they have two losses heading into conference play, which means if they have the same conference record they did in 2007 they will most likely miss the playoffs unless they manage to garner the autobid. Wow!!!!!!!

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 16th, 2008, 09:47 AM

I think the stuff about limiting the playbook is exaggerated at best, but I will tell you this. GSU also looked very poor early last year. We trailed a 1-win DII team 21-10 at halftime ... we gave up 45 points and lost to a 2-9 UT Chattanooga team, and barely squeaked by a 5-6 Coastal Carolina team. After that, we beat South Dakota State, beat Wofford and App. State on the road, beat The Citadel at home, and also almost beat you guys in Elon. That, and we came within a missed 30-something yard field goal of winning the SoCon outright. There has to be some kind of explanation for that other than just luck.

Also, GSU has been pretty overmatched at home before and has kept the game close. The place is very tough to win in. Just ask App. State and Furman fans about that. I don't see a double-digit win for Elon unless we completely fall apart.

Eaglegus2, After you guys cried and cried about Elon giving a play tape that didn't show what we were running currently 5 years ago; i'd at least expect a bit more out of GSU fans. Funny thing is, expecting more out of GSU and GSU fans is a constant disappointment.

All I'm hearing from GSU fans this year is xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

I personally don't think the freshman factor can account for all of the problems we have had so far, but honestly, when have you recently had coaching changes for two straight seasons? Ever? And when have you had someone like Brian VanGooberhead who pretty much knew he was in over his head mid-season of his first year as a head coach decide to take another job and leave the program in a bigger mess than when he took control of it?

A quick perusal of the record book shows GSU with only 10 double digit losses in 26 years at Paulson, one of which came in the inaugural 1982 season, two more in the 2006 BVG debacle, and two more were to eventual national champions Youngstown and Marshall in the 90's. Chris Hatcher hasn't lost a home game by double digits in his career.

IIRC, GSU played on Statesboro High School's field until 1984. And there have only been 5 double-digit losses at home, and two of them are courtesy of VanDoobleHocker. One was a 16-point loss of our 4-7 team against the 1996 Marshall Juggernaut. One was to Troy State in 1992. One was the only home game that Erk Russell ever lost.

introvertedGSUfan
September 16th, 2008, 09:49 AM
Edit: Not going to fuel the fire anymore. We'll let the game Saturday decide who gets to complain and who gets to talk smack.

elon77
September 16th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Edit: Not going to fuel the fire anymore. We'll let the game Saturday decide who gets to complain and who gets to talk smack.

Last years game was very close, could have gone either way, and this years game will probably be equally as close. We all know GSU is a good team and a win by Elon will be hard to come by.

straightshooter
September 16th, 2008, 10:26 AM
I loved the post over on elonphans.com where one Elon fan said that he'd be very disappointed if Elon won by less than two touchdowns. I sure hope their team is that confident, because they will be in for a real surprise. It will be interesting to see how the Phoenix handle the 10,000 GSU students sitting right behind their bench. And the 7:00 start time gives those students plenty of time to "get ready for the game."

introvertedGSUfan
September 16th, 2008, 10:31 AM
And the 7:00 start time gives those students plenty of time to "get ready for the game."

a la drinking xlolx

ElonPride
September 16th, 2008, 10:44 AM
I loved the post over on elonphans.com where one Elon fan said that he'd be very disappointed if Elon won by less than two touchdowns. I sure hope their team is that confident, because they will be in for a real surprise. It will be interesting to see how the Phoenix handle the 10,000 GSU students sitting right behind their bench. And the 7:00 start time gives those students plenty of time to "get ready for the game."

Yup, that was me, and I WILL be disappointed if Elon wins by less than 2 Tds. That's not at all saying this will be an easy win....IF Elon wins...

Sorry, but this same Elon team handled a FEW THOUSAND MORE USF fans sitting behind the bench last year......xrolleyesx

citdog
September 16th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Sorry, but this same Elon team handled a FEW THOUSAND MORE USF fans sitting behind the bench last year......xrolleyesx

BUT BUCKLED UNDER THE PRESSURE OF THE 2,000 MAN SOUTH CAROLINA CORPS OF CADETS.

gophoenix
September 16th, 2008, 10:54 AM

The point is that there are several pretty cocky Elon fans who are thinking their young squad is going to go into Paulson and win big... history says that sentiment is most likely incorrect. Don't make the mistake of confusing Presbyterian with GSU... this is a conference game and will be hard fought and close, just like last year, and your team will be playing in a hot, hostile environment.

Elsewhere, the two CAA/SoCon games are really intriguing... it will be interesting to see how those games turn out. The ASU/JMU game is particularly interesting... if App loses they have two losses heading into conference play, which means if they have the same conference record they did in 2007 they will most likely miss the playoffs unless they manage to garner the autobid. Wow!!!!!!!

Not all of us are cocky. Nor are all GSU fans. Though some of you guys act like it's stil lthe 90s. You just can't expect blanket statements to be made and have Elon fans not react. That's what the message board has become mainly.

This is not the original SoCon Elon team, and it's not the old GSU team either.

gophoenix
September 16th, 2008, 10:55 AM
BUT BUCKLED UNDER THE PRESSURE OF THE 2,000 MAN SOUTH CAROLINA CORPS OF CADETS.

Yes, 2000 knobs really made a difference considering our part of the crowd outnumber the entire enrollment of your school xrolleyesx

citdog
September 16th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Yes, 2000 knobs really made a difference considering our part of the crowd outnumber the entire enrollment of your school xrolleyesx

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

YOU CAN'T COUNT FOR ****!

WHAT WAS THE COMBINED SCORE OF THE LAST TWO GAMES AGAIN???

Black and Gold Express
September 16th, 2008, 11:17 AM
Is that why the cadets do all those pushups? That's the only way y'all know how to count, right?

SoCon48
September 16th, 2008, 11:30 AM

Hmm a CAA team vs Big South team.xthumbsupx

SoCon48
September 16th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Oh, I just love the class of fans who come out of the woodwork that can't even do an internet search. xrolleyesx

Considering Elon has had more winning seasons than GSU has had a football team.

In big boy football?xeyebrowx

SoCon48
September 16th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Whoa, sounds like someone still believes in the tooth fairy too! But, who knows you could be right.xcoffeex

What? There's no tooth fairy?

Baldy
September 16th, 2008, 05:53 PM
While personel turnover is certainly the name of the game in college football, GSU has always played well against Elon and I expect Saturday night to be no different. GSU has set the bar in the SoCon over the years, but Saturday night could be a "passing of the torch" game given that Elon has been on the rise now for the third year in a row. If conditions are dry then the GSU defense better come to play because Riddle with be airing the ball out early and often, and our improving rushing game could certainly have an impact as well.

I didn't come on here to throw flames or talk smack, but please....
As I, blueballs, many other GSU fans, and quite a few members of the media have stated, this year is probably your last chance. As matter of fact, this could be our coming out game THIS year. I truly hope you guys have enjoyed the last year because it is a feeling you won't get to enjoy for a long long time.

Oh and BTW, I am xlmaox at that "passing of the torch" comment. There is no doubt that Elon has a very good team, there is also no doubt that you guys have a very capable coach, but there is one thing you guys have that you can't change....you're still Elon. Sorry...

Reign of Terrier
September 16th, 2008, 06:04 PM
I'm pulling for Elon.xthumbsupx

gophoenix
September 16th, 2008, 06:26 PM
In big boy football?xeyebrowx

It's all big boy football when the other "school" doesn't have a team.

gophoenix
September 16th, 2008, 06:28 PM

xrolleyesx Yeah because it's not like that kind of atmosphere isn't anywhere else. GSU is nothing special.

eaglesrthe1
September 16th, 2008, 06:30 PM
Prediction? Here's a RIDDLE for you. Roses are red, violets are blue, Scott will throw for close to 400 and GSU will loose by two. TD's that is.xnodx

So, if you were making a bet, then you would give GSU + 14 pts? I think that most people would take that bet.

eaglesrthe1
September 16th, 2008, 06:35 PM

You base this on what?

Familiarity, conference rival, more balanced O, better D.

pete4256
September 16th, 2008, 08:35 PM
Who knew Elon fans could be so obnoxious? Dang . . .

Not all of you, mind. But a majority of the guys on this thread have an unsubstantiated sense of your own grandeur. Why do you think you're so great? And why the grudge against GSU? Honest questions.

gophoenix
September 16th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Who knew Elon fans could be so obnoxious? Dang . . .

Not all of you, mind. But a majority of the guys on this thread have an unsubstantiated sense of your own grandeur. Why do you think you're so great? And why the grudge against GSU? Honest questions.

Why not spread the blame on both sides where it belongs. Honest question.

Or is it because it is common knowledge that GSU fans are so obnoxious?

SCPALADIN
September 16th, 2008, 09:31 PM
Why not spread the blame on both sides where it belongs. Honest question.

Or is it because it is common knowledge that GSU fans are so obnoxious?

xarguex Just agree to disagree...you both suck and both fan bases are completely obnoxious. There it's settled. Go Furman.;) xthumbsupx ;) xthumbsupx

GoGSU
September 16th, 2008, 09:35 PM
Elon = xasswhipx

ERASU2113
September 16th, 2008, 09:39 PM
Honestly, I'm just glad more teams in the SoCon are turning into quality programs. Throw Elon into that mix now. How long ago has it been since they can be listed as a potential conference winner?

ASU, GSU, Wofford, Furman, now Elon. Every game gives you a chance to lose....less it's against WCU, Chatty, or Samford

gophoenix
September 16th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Honestly, I'm just glad more teams in the SoCon are turning into quality programs. Throw Elon into that mix now. How long ago has it been since they can be listed as a potential conference winner?

ASU, GSU, Wofford, Furman, now Elon. Every game gives you a chance to lose....less it's against WCU, Chatty, or Samford

You need to put The Citadel right up there too, they 100% belong there.

hippy@GSU
September 16th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Regardless of what class the players are is meaningless. You won't get any special treatment from the refs, you won't get spotted any points, and you won't get sympathy from the Phoenix because you have a young team. Good players make good plays, and the team that makes the most plays, well you know the rest.

"Passing of the torch"xlolx xlolx xlolx Are you freaking serious? Dude, you lost all credibility at that point. Elon may win saturday, but there is no way in hell that Elon will ever duplicate what GSU has done in its short history xnonox . Seriously, get your head out of your a$$!!!!

ERASU2113
September 16th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Honestly I knew when I was typing it I was forgetting a team. I'm Sorry The Citadel fans

pete4256
September 16th, 2008, 10:11 PM
1) Why are Elon fans so confident about this coming Saturday?

2) Why the grudge against GSU?

I don't really know any GSU fans who have an unfavorable impression of Elon, aside from the three or four students who predict a huge Eagles' win every week. Just wondering where you guys are coming from. Or am I just hearing the lunatic fringe?

ElonFirefighter
September 16th, 2008, 10:54 PM
1) Why are Elon fans so confident about this coming Saturday?

2) Why the grudge against GSU?

I don't really know any GSU fans who have an unfavorable impression of Elon, aside from the three or four students who predict a huge Eagles' win every week. Just wondering where you guys are coming from. Or am I just hearing the lunatic fringe?

Its not all our fans either. Most of the posts ive sceen are predicting a good game. This is also my opinion. I think where a lot of this is comming from is the fact we just put up 66 points. Riddle is on fire right now and is unstopable untill proven otherwise. Also in the past there have been a few GSU fans who have put bad opinions in our heads about GSU as a whole. Personally there are only a few GSU posters that i dont like, as well as "cit" xwhistlex . Heres to a good game with no injuries.

PaladinFan
September 16th, 2008, 11:00 PM
Its not all our fans either. Most of the posts ive sceen are predicting a good game. This is also my opinion. I think where a lot of this is comming from is the fact we just put up 66 points. Riddle is on fire right now and is unstopable untill proven otherwise. Also in the past there have been a few GSU fans who have put bad opinions in our heads about GSU as a whole. Personally there are only a few GSU posters that i dont like, as well as "cit" xwhistlex . Heres to a good game with no injuries.

Hats off to putting up 66 points. GSU is no Prebyterian, though.

calling this a "pasing the torch" game is laughable. GSU dominated FCS football for a number of years. Elon has had a 7-5 season and still hasn't beaten Furman or App since joining the conference.

Again, hats off to a great offensive showing. SoCon teams are going to be a lot more "Richmond" than "Presbyterian," though.

ElonFirefighter
September 17th, 2008, 12:41 AM
Agreed We still have to beat ASU and Furman which we have struggled. But on the other side we are not loosing by 50+ anymore. If we stay healthy this could be our year to do at least one of those

gophoenix
September 17th, 2008, 07:34 AM
"Passing of the torch"xlolx xlolx xlolx Are you freaking serious? Dude, you lost all credibility at that point. Elon may win saturday, but there is no way in hell that Elon will ever duplicate what GSU has done in its short history xnonox . Seriously, get your head out of your a$$!!!!

Your championship torch was passed to App 3 years ago. xrolleyesx I personally don't care what you've done in your history. Nor do you care what Elon has done. But people that have to remind themselves and others about how great they and their team are .... must not be that great to begin with.

"But but but, we won championships almost a decade ago...." xrolleyesx sheesh, give it a rest.

This is what makes me laugh about GSU fans. A bunch of fans with their "we've done this" crap, when the majority of it happened before most of your current students were born. But, whatever floats your boat and makes you feel better.

The fact is, the day of the big 3 is over. You guys better get used to losing games every year. It's going to be a yearly occurrence in the conference for you guys for years to come whether to us, App, Wofford, Furman, The Citadel, Samford or Western (as UTC is the only school showing no signs of stepping up).

Why are Elon fans so confident about this coming Saturday?

Why should we be any less confident than you guys?

Why the grudge against GSU?

Don't be so full of yourself. There's no more a grudge against GSU than there is against any other conference school. Sorry your fans can't dish out what they have given everyone else through the past 8 years.

Eaglesrus
September 17th, 2008, 07:42 AM

Well, considering your screenname I guess you know what you need to do :)

citdog
September 17th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Agreed We still have to beat ASU and Furman which we have struggled. But on the other side we are not loosing by 50+ anymore. If we stay healthy this could be our year to do at least one of those

and lose AGAIN to a better class of man than elon produces...THE CITADEL MAN!

soweagle
September 17th, 2008, 08:00 AM
Finally some life out of the Elon fan base!!!! I love the smack.

ElonPride
September 17th, 2008, 08:03 AM

Go read the post from "oldfart" on the Elon board. He talked some smack last year, and GSU lost. His post is typical of what a GSU fan really is.....at least from what I've encountered here and AT Paulson Stadium.

citdog
September 17th, 2008, 08:10 AM

please continue to look past the football playing members of The South Carolina Corps of Cadets!

Eaglesrus
September 17th, 2008, 08:31 AM
Go read the post from "oldfart" on the Elon board. He talked some smack last year, and GSU lost. His post is typical of what a GSU fan really is.....at least from what I've encountered here and AT Paulson Stadium.

I'm sorry to read your opinion, but it sounds to me like you haven't been in close contact with many GSU fans, and I think it's pretty presumptuous on your part to say "his post is typical of what a GSU fan really is". I'm pretty sure that because of Elon's location it is the SoCon school that the fewest of our fans travel to; unfortunately I've never made the trip. I also hear that it can be pretty rowdy around the visitors' section at Paulson, but that's a pretty small section. On the other hand, having visited every SoCon venue except Elon and Samford, and I can tell you that we do not by any means have a monopoly on fans that can be offensive.

citdog
September 17th, 2008, 08:32 AM
I'm sorry to read your opinion, but it sounds to me like you haven't been in close contact with many GSU fans, and I think it's pretty presumptuous on your part to say "his post is typical of what a GSU fan really is". I'm pretty sure that because of Elon's location it is the SoCon school that the fewest of our fans travel to; unfortunately I've never made the trip. I also hear that it can be pretty rowdy around the visitors' section at Paulson, but that's a pretty small section. On the other hand, having visited every SoCon venue except Elon and Samford, and I can tell you that we do not by any means have a monopoly on fans that can be offensive.

you're the worst...by far.....not even close

Eaglesrus
September 17th, 2008, 08:36 AM

And I'll say it again, coming from you I consider that a compliment.

Death Dealer
September 17th, 2008, 08:37 AM

While I find most of the GSU fans on AGS to be of a high caliber (with a few notable exceptions), my personal experience with GSU fans that visit FU has been pretty bad, and I would have to agree with Citpup on this one. xnodx

citdog
September 17th, 2008, 08:37 AM
And I'll say it again, coming from you I consider that a compliment.

you can consider it any way you want.....GSU is still FULL OFWHITE TRASH IDIOTS!

Eaglesrus
September 17th, 2008, 08:49 AM
you can consider it any way you want.....GSU is still FULL OFWHITE TRASH IDIOTS!

Hey, ElonPride, see what I'm talking about?

citdog
September 17th, 2008, 09:36 AM
Hey, ElonPride, see what I'm talking about?

even eaglesrus will not even attempt to say that gsu isn't full of white trash south georgia scum....the whole State was settled by convicts and hasn't improved since.

Eaglesrus
September 17th, 2008, 09:38 AM
even eaglesrus will not even attempt to say that gsu isn't full of white trash south georgia scum....the whole State was settled by convicts and hasn't improved since.

Not exactly, just won't say it to you 'cause I'm tired of that conversation.

gophoenix
September 17th, 2008, 09:44 AM
and lose AGAIN to a better class of man than elon produces...THE CITADEL MAN!

Citadel men look like a bunch of "don't ask don't tell" to me.

introvertedGSUfan
September 17th, 2008, 09:46 AM
South Carolina is quite possibly the worst state I've been to in terms of white trash. There are plenty of students here that don't feel the inane need to fly a confederate flag and don't vote right wing in every election.

While I find most of the GSU fans on AGS to be of a high caliber (with a few notable exceptions), my personal experience with GSU fans that visit FU has been pretty bad, and I would have to agree with Citpup on this one. xnodx

Well gee, I wonder why those fans are more rowdy? Could it perhaps be they're more dedicated to the team and therefore love to talk smack against all the SoCon opponents? Students like me can't always make those long trips, especially that late in the semester.

93henfan
September 17th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Innocent bystanders not from SC or GA are getting good laughs from this thread.

In this part of the country, we argue about who has higher property taxes.

citdog
September 17th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Citadel men look like a bunch of "don't ask don't tell" to me.

if we're a bunch of gayboys and the elon football team can't beat us what does that say about y'all?

GSUhooligan
September 17th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Yeah, the mid-atlantic is such a wondeful place to live in comparison. You couldn't pay me enough to live in that wasteland. xrolleyesx

citdog
September 17th, 2008, 10:06 AM
South Carolina is quite possibly the worst state I've been to in terms of white trash. There are plenty of students here that don't feel the inane need to fly a confederate flag and don't vote right wing in every election.

Well gee, I wonder why those fans are more rowdy? Could it perhaps be they're more dedicated to the team and therefore love to talk smack against all the SoCon opponents? Students like me can't always make those long trips, especially that late in the semester.

it's a need and a RIGHT! ga was and always has been a skidmark on the boxers of the South. RIGHT IS RIGHT!

more likely gsu "students" don't have the home training to be proper hosts....most of them have never lived in a home that didn't have wheels.

blueballs
September 17th, 2008, 10:12 AM

If you are planning on making the trip to Statesboro this Saturday, please stop by the Red Flag tailgate at the back of the booster parking lot adjacent to the stadium. We are on the second to last row two spaces from the middle... look for the Red Flag.

There you will meet several of the folks who post here: Baldy, EagleGus2, Raptor 23, GSUGT1, EaglesDare, BoosterEyes, myself... among many others. If you can come to our tailgate and then say that is "what a GSU fan really is" then I accept any BS you or anybody else wants to talk.

elon77
September 17th, 2008, 10:20 AM
I didn't come on here to throw flames or talk smack, but please....
As I, blueballs, many other GSU fans, and quite a few members of the media have stated, this year is probably your last chance. As matter of fact, this could be our coming out game THIS year. I truly hope you guys have enjoyed the last year because it is a feeling you won't get to enjoy for a long long time.

Oh and BTW, I am xlmaox at that "passing of the torch" comment. There is no doubt that Elon has a very good team, there is also no doubt that you guys have a very capable coach, but there is one thing you guys have that you can't change....you're still Elon. Sorry...

Whoa!
this is probably Elon's last chance? They only have 4 Seniors in the 2 deep chart at all positions and it's probably their last chance? Are they dropping football or something? I would think there is a possibility that they could be good in the coming years. And by the way Citdog beat them dang preppy, liberal, stuck up, Ted Kennedy loving, tree huging, long hair, veggie eating, protesting, general grant loving yankees like you beat a drum:D

elon77
September 17th, 2008, 10:26 AM

It would seem that after Mickey Mathews bashed everyone in the Socon the other day we would be beating up on him instead of each other. Would you not agree henfan.xnodx

93henfan
September 17th, 2008, 10:43 AM
It would seem that after Mickey Mathews bashed everyone in the Socon the other day we would be beating up on him instead of each other. Would you not agree henfan.xnodx

Mickey Matthews is a bag of vinegar and water used to cleanse vaginas, and I think this is something that we can all agree on.

Definition of "conflicted": who to root for when App St plays JMU

Eaglegus2
September 17th, 2008, 10:49 AM
I see this thread is still full of pissing and moaning.xlolx

All Elon fans are welcome to stop by our tailgate on Saturday.xnodx

We are located in front of the soccer stadium at the rear of the booster lot.

Just look for the RED Flag.:D xcoolx

OL FU
September 17th, 2008, 10:50 AM

I know other areas may claim it but in the south, college football is kingxnodx Kinda gives an entirely new meaning to the war betwixt the states:D

93henfan
September 17th, 2008, 10:53 AM
I know other areas may claim it but in the south, college football is kingxnodx Kinda gives an entirely new meaning to the war betwixt the states:D

I don't disagree. When your pro teams are the Falcons and Panthers you have to have something to cling to.

OL FU
September 17th, 2008, 10:54 AM
I don't disagree. When your pro teams are the Falcons and Panthers you have to have something to cling to.

I don't have any pro teamsxlolx

Eaglegus2
September 17th, 2008, 11:22 AM
I don't have any pro teamsxlolx

BTW, how many of us (GSU AGSer's) do you plan to sponser this year?

Stumpy & Flagman always seem to offer use some wine and cheese before the game.:D

I know it is a few weeks away but I need to make plans.xnodx xnodx

Death Dealer
September 17th, 2008, 11:45 AM

I'm not talking about good old fashioned smack. Who doesn't like smack talking about the other team. What I'm talking about is over the top profanity and just generally being azzholes. I can give you specific examples if you like, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. We are all intense in our support of our teams, and that OK. Dropping the f bomb on a two year old kid several times while she is walking by your tailgate because she's wearing a furman tshirt, and being suprised when I have your azz kicked off campus is just trash. And that is just one example. xnodx

Having said that, I 'll repeat what I said before, that is not all GSU fans, and most of the ones here on AGS are great guys who love football, and are knowledgable posters whith reasonable views.

introvertedGSUfan
September 17th, 2008, 11:46 AM
I'm not talking about good old fashioned smack. Who doesn't like smack talking about the other team. What I'm talking about is over the top profanity and just generally being azzholes. I can give you specific examples if you like, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. We are all intense in our support of our teams, and that OK. Dropping the f bomb on a two year old kid several times while she is walking by your tailgate because she's wearing a furman tshirt, and being suprised when I have your azz kicked off campus is just trash. And that is just one example. xnodx

Again, those GSU fans who travel to our away games aren't a good representation of who we are.

Eaglesrus
September 17th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Again, those GSU fans who travel to our away games aren't a good representation of who we are.

Hey, I go to most away games, as does Eaglegus2 and others who post here (but I know what you're saying:) ).

pete4256
September 17th, 2008, 12:30 PM

Having said that, I 'll repeat what I said before, that is not all GSU fans, and most of the ones here on AGS are great guys who love football, and are knowledgable posters whith reasonable views.

My only trip to Furman (2004) was one of the worst gameday experiences I've ever had, largely because of the GSU fans sitting around me. But we didn't have a monopoly that day. I will never forget the FU fans running onto the field after the game and taunting the visitors' stands with obscene gestures and profanity while a State Trooper stood with his back to them. That's why I didn't go back in 2006. Bad vibes. Both sides. About equal to a night game at UGA, which isn't much fun.

Eaglegus2
September 17th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Hey, I go to most away games, as does Eaglegus2 and others who post here (but I know what you're saying:) ).

I know that Baldy & Blueballs aren't in this category.

How about the Furman fan who attempted to start a confrontation at Paulson?

He threw a cup full of coke on me as he ran away. I guess he falls into the same category as the one you placed ALL GSU fans.

I have dear friends from Furman (Stumpy & Flagman). Wait!! I have to rethink Stumpy.xsmiley_wix

Both institutions have fans that are insults to both schools.

gsugt1
September 17th, 2008, 12:39 PM
All I have to say is reading this makes me more pumped for the game. Paulson will be rocking Saturday night and I can't wait.

GSU 42
Elon 35

Eaglegus2
September 17th, 2008, 12:40 PM
My only trip to Furman (2004) was one of the worst gameday experiences I've ever had, largely because of the GSU fans sitting around me. But we didn't have a monopoly that day. I will never forget the FU fans running onto the field after the game and taunting the visitors' stands with obscene gestures and profanity while a State Trooper stood with his back to them. That's why I didn't go back in 2006. Bad vibes. Both sides. About equal to a night game at UGA, which isn't much fun.

I have had all of my visits to Furman to be good experiences. I believe it is because of the caliber of Furman fans that I came in contact. I do prefer Furman over App State.

Eaglegus2
September 17th, 2008, 12:41 PM
All I have to say is reading this makes me more pumped for the game. Paulson will be rocking Saturday night and I can't wait.

GSU 42
Elon 35

It is going to be a great environment on Saturday.

gsugt1
September 17th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Both institutions have fans that are insults to both schools.

All schools have bad fans. I would say that App and GSU are at the top of the list for fan behavior issues though.

gsugt1
September 17th, 2008, 12:44 PM
I have had all of my visits to Furman to be good experiences. I believe it is because of the caliber of Furman fans that I came in contact. I do prefer Furman over App State.

Amen ... Of all the places we visit I enjoy the Furman game more than any other. Thier setup and parking for visiting fans is the best.

I like going to App too.

pete4256
September 17th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Amen ... Of all the places we visit I enjoy the Furman game more than any other. Thier setup and parking for visiting fans is the best.

I like going to App too.

Maybe I'll sit closer to y'all this year.

Death Dealer
September 17th, 2008, 02:11 PM
xpeacex xpeacex xpeacex xpeacex xpeacex xpeacex xpeacex xpeacex

I probably know a couple of those bad egg FU fans you guys mentioned, and let me tell you, they get shunned by the rest of us. Any student I saw making a scene or harrassing the other sides fans is going to get dressed down by me. Flagman and Stumpy are great guys and I tailgate with them often. My spot is down the hill from them in lot F, but I trudge up to the rugby field to visit them just about every game (they always have lots of good grub xlolx )

CID1990
September 17th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Seriously, there are plenty of great GSU fans, but I think we get all of the bad GSU fans in Charleston.

We are within tractor and go-kart range of Statesboro, while the other SoCon schools are not.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 17th, 2008, 03:22 PM
I don't know if we have any excuses for our traveling fans, but there is a reason why Paulson Stadium is the worst place for rude fans. And that is that the opposing team's fans are sandwhiched between two sections of the 6000-8000 exhuberant and sometimes inebriated students. You just will not find that in Division I schools with 5 figure enrollments. Just making sure people are aware of that.

Seven Would Be Nice
September 17th, 2008, 03:23 PM
I don't know if we have any excuses for our traveling fans, but there is a reason why Paulson Stadium is the worst place for rude fans. And that is that the opposing team's fans are sandwhiched between two sections of the 6000-8000 exhuberant and sometimes inebriated students. You just will not find that in Division I schools with 5 figure enrollments. Just making sure people are aware of that.

Aren't we a Division I school with a 5 figure enrollment?

PaladinFan
September 17th, 2008, 03:52 PM

Sometimes? xlolx Do they still have the policemen lining the space between the students and visitng fans?

GSUhooligan
September 17th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Sometimes? xlolx Do they still have the policemen lining the space between the students and visitng fans?

Only for big games. Needless to say, they won't be there this weekend. :D

bobbythekidd
September 17th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Big Ho and I are making plans to attend games in Charleston and Greenville this season. It will be our first time at either location. I expect we will be treated like royalty.

citdog
September 17th, 2008, 04:45 PM
Big Ho and I are making plans to attend games in Charleston and Greenville this season. It will be our first time at either location. I expect we will be treated like royalty.

i'll treat you real nice! pm me as the game approaches....GO 'DOGS!

gophoenix
September 17th, 2008, 08:32 PM
All schools have bad fans. I would say that App and GSU are at the top of the list for fan behavior issues though.

Yes, true. But I think it is terrible planning on the part of GSU to put the opposing section in the area it does. It creates a situation for bad things to happen. Like the things I've watched when I've been there for Elon and Furman games. It is completely avoidable, but seems to be embraced. An opposing stadium is no place to feel like you should be void from getting smacked at, but opposing fans should feel safe.

Eaglegus2
September 17th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Seriously, there are plenty of great GSU fans, but I think we get all of the bad GSU fans in Charleston.

We are within tractor and go-kart range of Statesboro, while the other SoCon schools are not.

You forgot mule train and goat wagon.xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx :D :D :D :D :D xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx

Eaglegus2
September 17th, 2008, 08:59 PM
i'll treat you real nice! pm me as the game approaches....GO 'DOGS!

I would definitely like to meet the infamous citdog.xcoolx xcoolx xnodx xnodx :D xthumbsupx

phoenix3
September 17th, 2008, 09:40 PM
I would definitely like to meet the infamous citdog.xcoolx xcoolx xnodx xnodx :D xthumbsupx

Same here. I'll be in Chucktown for The Cit/Elon game.

citdog
September 18th, 2008, 01:38 PM

pm me as the game approaches

PhoenixPhan06
September 18th, 2008, 02:03 PM

GSU 42
Elon 35

Talk about a great way to start off SoCon play! Without a doubt this will be a great game and one that should set the tone for a tough SoCon title race. Throwing history out the window and focusing on the players on the field, we have the talent and ability to go into a hostile Paulson Stadium and pick up a tough win. Our players still have to learn how to play consistently well on the road and Saturday will be no different. Last week was a great confidence booster and I'm sure we'll carry in that swagger and light up the scoreboard. While both defenses need work, our special teams have been a huge factor for us so far and will certainly affect the final outcome.

Riddle, Hudgins, and Williamson will prove too much for the Eagle defense and lead the Phoenix to a W in an early shootout, 38-21 xtwocentsx

Eaglesrus
September 18th, 2008, 02:29 PM
Talk about a great way to start off SoCon play! Without a doubt this will be a great game and one that should set the tone for a tough SoCon title race. Throwing history out the window and focusing on the players on the field, we have the talent and ability to go into a hostile Paulson Stadium and pick up a tough win. Our players still have to learn how to play consistently well on the road and Saturday will be no different. Last week was a great confidence booster and I'm sure we'll carry in that swagger and light up the scoreboard. While both defenses need work, our special teams have been a huge factor for us so far and will certainly affect the final outcome.

Riddle, Hudgins, and Williamson will prove too much for the Eagle defense and lead the Phoenix to a W in an early shootout, 38-21 xtwocentsx

Speaking of special teams, we definitely have real concerns in the place kicking phase, but our punting has looked good to very good, our kickoffs have been good, and were sterling last week, and our kick coverage has been the best I remember seeing it in years. There's much to watch for Saturday. Our offense really came alive in the second half last week, and if they can carry that forward I don't think you'll hold us to 21, but we'll see.

soweagle
September 18th, 2008, 02:35 PM

Not prediciting a score but I think both teams will score more than 38-21. I do think the fighting christians will prevail in this one. GSU has been too inconsistent for me too predict a win against a good Elon team. If we play like we did in the 4th quarter last week it could be an interesting game. If we play like we did the first half and mos tof the third, we will get blown out.

ElonPride
September 18th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Speaking of special teams, we definitely have real concerns in the place kicking phase, but our punting has looked good to very good, our kickoffs have been good, and were sterling last week, and our kick coverage has been the best I remember seeing it in years. There's much to watch for Saturday. Our offense really came alive in the second half last week, and if they can carry that forward I don't think you'll hold us to 21, but we'll see.

On paper, your special teams have been the most consistent, and are the strongest part of your team.

But just remember, Elon is a better team than your previous two opponents! Want to talk about an offense coming alive, look at last week's Elon boxscore xsmiley_wix

Eaglesrus
September 18th, 2008, 03:44 PM
On paper, your special teams have been the most consistent, and are the strongest part of your team.

But just remember, Elon is a better team than your previous two opponents! Want to talk about an offense coming alive, look at last week's Elon boxscore xsmiley_wix

Yeah, I know, but I also know that you were playing PC and that you aren't playing them again this week.

GaSouthern
September 18th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Henton : 32
riddle: 28

ElonPride
September 18th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Yeah, I know, but I also know that you were playing PC and that you aren't playing them again this week.

And you're not playing NE or Austin Peay this weekend either xsmiley_wix

Both teams' previous games really can't be used as a barometer going into the weekend....

PaladinFan
September 18th, 2008, 05:09 PM

Both teams' previous games really can't be used as a barometer going into the weekend....

Doesn't take much for you Eloners to get all pumped up does it? When Presby beats a SoCon team, let me know.

ChiefGSU275
September 18th, 2008, 05:33 PM

Which is good for us, because our defensive scheme dictates that we should struggle against a team that lines up with a tight end out of the I-formation and run the ball at us. However, Elon doesnt do that. Defensively our scheme is designed to stop the Elons of the world. However, it is yet to be determined if our personnel matches that scheme well enough.

Phoenix87
September 18th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Which is good for us, because our defensive scheme dictates that we should struggle against a team that lines up with a tight end out of the I-formation and run the ball at us. However, Elon doesnt do that. Defensively our scheme is designed to stop the Elons of the world. However, it is yet to be determined if our personnel matches that scheme well enough.

Actually we did just that last week. Ran for over/around 250 yards, mostly coming out of the I-Formation. Oh, and Scott threw for 308 in the first half and we pulled him midway through the 3rd quarter.

None-the-less, this is going to be one hell of a game. I expect another slugfest like last year. I think special teams will be a deciding factor and our K Wilcox hasn't missed a kick yet this year and we have returned a punt for a TD as well as blocked at least 2 punts so far, maybe 3, I feel like I am forgetting one.

hippy@GSU
September 18th, 2008, 09:24 PM
Man, I am ready for this weekend!! This Elon/GSU smack has gotten interesting, and I am happy the game has this hype to go with it!!!! Here's to a good game with no injuries!!! As always... GO EAGLES!!!!!!

introvertedGSUfan
September 18th, 2008, 09:49 PM
Man, I am ready for this weekend!! This Elon/GSU smack has gotten interesting, and I am happy the game has this hype to go with it!!!! Here's to a good game with no injuries!!! As always... GO EAGLES!!!!!!

We should definitely try and meet up at the game this time. I'm a short blond haired guy with glasses. Hopefully my roommate won't have some excuse this weekend and will come with me.

PaladinFan
September 18th, 2008, 10:56 PM
Man, with all this talk you would have thought both GSU and Elon had actually beaten somebody good this season :)

hippy@GSU
September 18th, 2008, 11:17 PM
We should definitely try and meet up at the game this time. I'm a short blond haired guy with glasses. Hopefully my roommate won't have some excuse this weekend and will come with me.

Here's an idea... Meet me at the eagle statue on the student side at halftime. I am a tall, SWM, shaggy hair, aviator shades, and looking for a good woman (jk i am happily taken). Any way, ill be wearing a blue GATA shirt and khaki shorts. Oh, if you see the ERK-MOBILE (1989 isuzu pickup, 2 tone blue/white, big flag, big eagle emblems on each door, dixie horn, completely over the top) driving around before the game, thats me. It would be cool for more fans on here to meet at this time too (elon and GSU)!!

ButlerGSU
September 19th, 2008, 07:28 AM
http://67.227.135.160/tsc/attachment.php?attachmentid=17&d=1221673629

elon77
September 19th, 2008, 07:39 AM
Man, with all this talk you would have thought both GSU and Elon had actually beaten somebody good this season :)

And who did you beat? Mars Hill, aren't they still in NAIA? The tooth paste school. Stony Brook beat them just as bad as you did. I'm not sure you have ACTUALLY beaten somebody good this season either.xsmhx

ElonPride
September 19th, 2008, 08:01 AM

Your defense is also designed for a lot of man to man coverage, which sets up Williamson and Hudgins to have big days. I haven't seen many teams that can play against them in single converage.

Also, Elon found ways to throw to the TE last year during games when defenses showed a 3 man line. Leddy caught 5 passes for 71 yards last year v. Liberty. He was 4th on the team in receiving yards.

citdog
September 19th, 2008, 08:08 AM
Henton : 32
riddle: 28

32......isn't that the amount of money henton offered the undercover cop for a blowjob?

citdog
September 19th, 2008, 01:24 PM
32......isn't that the amount of money henton offered the undercover cop for a blowjob?

WOW....I FINALLY SILENCED THE EAGLETS FROM PIGS ASS, GA!

introvertedGSUfan
September 19th, 2008, 01:27 PM
BAWW BAWWW xbawlingx xbawlingx

Right, continue acting childish against a man's character instead of talking smack against the team.

citdog
September 19th, 2008, 01:29 PM
Right, continue acting childish against a man's character instead of talking smack against the team.

FACT....YOU'RE QB WAS ARRESTED FOR OFFERING AN UNDERCOVER COP HE THOUGHT WAS A HO MONEY TO PERFORM FELLATIO ON HIS SCHMECKLE....YES OR NO....I'LL MAKE IT AN EASY TEST LIKE THE ONES AT PIGS ASS

a. YES
b. NO

introvertedGSUfan
September 19th, 2008, 01:32 PM
FACT....YOUR QB WAS ARRESTED FOR OFFERING AN UNDERCOVER COP HE THOUGHT WAS A HO MONEY TO PERFORM FELLATIO ON HIS SCHMECKLE....YES OR NO....I'LL MAKE IT AN EASY TEST LIKE THE ONES AT PIGS ASS

a. YES
b. NO

Again with the remarks that show you've only read one side of the story, that which was published online and suchlike. There were numerous reports on the Ohio State message boards that claim he was essentially made to plead guilty when he shouldn't have. Nevertheless, Hatcher has molded him into a great QB.

Please quit acting like you're a spoiled child. I don't know why you're allowed to post here when you constantly make these unnecessary and unprovoked posts.

elon77
September 19th, 2008, 01:33 PM
WOW....I FINALLY SILENCED THE EAGLETS FROM PIGS ASS, GA!

They're trying to figure out how someone from PA GA. came up with 32 dollars. Must have done a double shift at the door of Wal-Mart.xlolx

citdog
September 19th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Again with the remarks that show you've only read one side of the story, that which was published online and suchlike. There were numerous reports on the Ohio State message boards that claim he was essentially made to plead guilty when he shouldn't have. Nevertheless, Hatcher has molded him into a great QB.

Please quit acting like you're a spoiled child. I don't know why you're allowed to post here when you constantly make these unnecessary and unprovoked posts.

HE'S A CONVICTED CRIMINAL.....THOSE ARE THE FACTS.....YOU HAVE CONVICTED CRIMINALS WEARING THE NAME OF YOUR COLLEGE ON THE FRONT OF THEIR JERSEY....

YOU DON'T LIKE THE FACTS....THOSE ARE THE FACTS...

I AM ALLOWED TO POST HERE BECAUSE I AM AN AGS INSTITUTION....NO ONE KNOWS WHO YOU ARE.

elon77
September 19th, 2008, 02:25 PM
HE'S A CONVICTED CRIMINAL.....THOSE ARE THE FACTS.....YOU HAVE CONVICTED CRIMINALS WEARING THE NAME OF YOUR COLLEGE ON THE FRONT OF THEIR JERSEY....

I AM ALLOWED TO POST HERE BECAUSE I AM AN AGS INSTITUTION....NO ONE KNOWS WHO YOU ARE.

YOU ARE THE MAIN DOG xbowx

introvertedGSUfan
September 19th, 2008, 03:04 PM

I'm well aware of the facts genius, and I, as well as our coach, have accepted them. He was given a clean slate when he transferred and Hatcher will not hesitate to dismiss him or anyone else that screws up (remember those 8 suspensions he handed out for the UGA game over just misconduct), but I'm glad it riles you up so much that you have to post in complete caps since you don't seem to posses any inkling of maturity.

citdog
September 19th, 2008, 03:12 PM
I'm well aware of the facts genius, and I, as well as our coach, have accepted them. He was given a clean slate when he transferred and Hatcher will not hesitate to dismiss him or anyone else that screws up (remember those 8 suspensions he handed out for the UGA game over just misconduct), but I'm glad it riles you up so much that you have to post in complete caps since you don't seem to posses any inkling of maturity.

MATURITY.......COMING FROM A 21 YEAR OLD WHO HAD TO GO TO GSU!xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

SON I WAS FIGHTING A WAR WHEN YOU WERE IN MIDDLE SCHOOL..

HENTON DOESN'T BELONG ON THE SAME FIELD WITH MY CADETS.....WE DON'T ADMIT CONVICTED CRIMINALS TO THE CITADEL MUCH LESS ALLOW THEM TO REPRESENT OUR SCHOOL BY PLAYING ON THE FOOTBALL TEAM.

introvertedGSUfan
September 19th, 2008, 03:17 PM
MATURITY.......COMING FROM A 21 YEAR OLD WHO HAD TO GO TO GSU!

SON I WAS FIGHTING A WAR WHEN YOU WERE IN MIDDLE SCHOOL..

HENTON DOESN'T BELONG ON THE SAME FIELD WITH MY CADETS.....WE DON'T ADMIT CONVICTED CRIMINALS TO THE CITADEL MUCH LESS ALLOW THEM TO REPRESENT OUR SCHOOL BY PLAYING ON THE FOOTBALL TEAM.

Ok, so now you knock the college because there's nothing else left to attack, right? It's not as if I've got a full ride scholarship to GSU because of the honors program. It's not as if GSU is continually pulling in students who are raising our incoming freshmen SAT scores who have higher GPAs, but please continue to make a sweeping generalization about our college being second rate.

And what, you think that you're allowed to have some e-superiority on a message board because you're older and served in the military? That may have been a commendable act, but it's a poor excuse for an argument on a football board.

Also, this little argument was never about The Citadel's football team, I'm only discussing GSU's team.xcoffeex

appfan2008
September 19th, 2008, 03:19 PM
im siding with citdog on this one...

PhoenixPhan06
September 19th, 2008, 03:23 PM
By the domination of posts about Elon vs GSU, I think its fair to say that this is the SoCon game of the week!

ChiefGSU275
September 19th, 2008, 03:30 PM
Definitely not the game of the week. GSU doesnt stand a chance this weekend. The sophomore sensation Riddle is going to light us up, and our quarterback is going to miss the game because he'll be out soliciting prostitutes. I dont even know why we're bothering to show up. We cant compete with Elon. They're obviously better than us.

citdog
September 19th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Ok, so now you knock the college because there's nothing else left to attack, right? It's not as if I've got a full ride scholarship to GSU because of the honors program. It's not as if GSU is continually pulling in students who are raising our incoming freshmen SAT scores who have higher GPAs, but please continue to make a sweeping generalization about our college being second rate.

And what, you think that you're allowed to have some e-superiority on a message board because you're older and served in the military? That may have been a commendable act, but it's a poor excuse for an argument on a football board.

Also, this little argument was never about The Citadel's football team, I'm only discussing GSU's team.xcoffeex

HONORS COLLEGE AT PIGS ASS, GAxlolx xlolx
IT'S ABOUT TIME....GSU WAS A DIPLOMA MILL FOR YEARS.
YES....I WAS AN OFFICER WHEN YOU WERE IN SHORT PANTS.
GOOD, I'D HATE TO HAVE TO SMACK YOU DOWN.

IF YOU THINK MY ALL CAPS ARE BAD....WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE MR. CHICKEN

introvertedGSUfan
September 19th, 2008, 03:52 PM
It was a teachers college for years until the past couple of decades when it began to expand. The notion that it's a safety net school didn't really come about until that time.

hippy@GSU
September 19th, 2008, 04:09 PM
HONORS COLLEGE AT PIGS ASS, GAxlolx xlolx
IT'S ABOUT TIME....GSU WAS A DIPLOMA MILL FOR YEARS.
YES....I WAS AN OFFICER WHEN YOU WERE IN SHORT PANTS.
GOOD, I'D HATE TO HAVE TO SMACK YOU DOWN.

IF YOU THINK MY ALL CAPS ARE BAD....WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE MR. CHICKEN

I havnt been here long, but I can tell that citdog is sitting on a 9000 post mountain of complete idiocy. Your just another washed up right wing bellhop that thinks he can prove a point on a message board. I had "some" respect for you, but geez you are ridiculous. Please keep on with your testosterone driven rage, its funny (Its clearly the only reason you do it anyway). Everything aside, being the son of a veteran I must say... Thank you for your service.

citdog
September 19th, 2008, 04:42 PM
I havnt been here long, but I can tell that citdog is sitting on a 9000 post mountain of complete idiocy. Your just another washed up right wing bellhop that thinks he can prove a point on a message board. I had "some" respect for you, but geez you are ridiculous. Please keep on with your testosterone driven rage, its funny (Its clearly the only reason you do it anyway). Everything aside, being the son of a veteran I must say... Thank you for your service.

HIPPIE SCUM! GET A ****ING HAIRCUT AND TAKE A SHOWER, PETCHULI OIL IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE......WHERE YOU THINK YOU'RE AT BOY...APP STATE?

IT'S AN ALMOST 10,000 POST MOUNTAIN OF COMPLETE IDIOCYxnodx

YOU'RE WELCOME

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 19th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Henton was not actually kicked off of the team at OSU, so I believe that there is more to this story than the public realizes. And personally, I do not think criminal records are always a good measure of character. You can have no character and have no criminal record (look at Washington DC) and you can have a criminal record and have decent character (like many drug offenders, most nonviolent gun offenders, and other people convicted of victimless crimes like hiring a prostitute).

AppStateold299
September 19th, 2008, 07:07 PM
[email protected]'t bother going after Citdog. He is pathetic in his testosterone driven world. He just likes to lash out on this board impressed by his number of posts. Oh yes, and by the way I am an AppState grad.

ERASU2113
September 19th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Random question but will citdog be coming up the mountain to see his boys get beat at ASU's homecoming? Hope ya will bud. xthumbsupx

gsu6trophies
September 19th, 2008, 09:46 PM

Hmm seems like I remember the words rape and Citadel being together in one headline in the newspaper for a while. Am I imagining that? Because, I don't know. I mean, I'm from the south, and I was never taught that the best way to teach a woman her place was by rape, but I guess maybe at the citadel they take it to another level.

http://www.feministe.us/blog/archives/2006/08/25/rape-at-the-citadel/
Feministe » Rape at The Citadel

SCPALADIN
September 19th, 2008, 09:59 PM
Hmm seems like I remember the words rape and Citadel being together in one headline in the newspaper for a while. Am I imagining that? Because, I don't know. I mean, I'm from the south, and I was never taught that the best way to teach a woman her place was by rape, but I guess maybe at the citadel they take it to another level.

http://www.feministe.us/blog/archives/2006/08/25/rape-at-the-citadel/
Feministe » Rape at The Citadel

Actually, the word cocaine has been much more prominent when it comes to being associated with the Citadel. This would apply to both cadets and graduates...not to mention a certain elected official and a member of their own board of directors. Unfortunately for the Citadel they have endured more then their fair share of bad press the past few years...not that any school is imune to this.

Sorry for the thread hijack...back to football.

gobluehose1
September 19th, 2008, 11:39 PM
Like I said MISTAKES

should also be noted that we also turned it over twice inside the red zone and threw a pick six near half time....so if you want to play the "it could have been different game"........then add three scores for us

seantaylor
September 20th, 2008, 02:26 AM
Citdog pays for more Jewish %ussy han Chuck Sheen.

hippy@GSU
September 21st, 2008, 02:48 PM
HIPPIE SCUM! GET A ****ING HAIRCUT AND TAKE A SHOWER, PETCHULI OIL IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE......WHERE YOU THINK YOU'RE AT BOY...APP STATE?

IT'S AN ALMOST 10,000 POST MOUNTAIN OF COMPLETE IDIOCYxnodx

YOU'RE WELCOME

I cant help but laugh, that was funnyxlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx (im not being sarcastic)

soweagle
September 21st, 2008, 08:41 PM

Easy Citdog, I know some home town dirt that involves arrest and a young man who played for VMI Jr. College of Charleston.

Glass houses citdog, glass houses!!!!!

I won't name names on this board but I guarrantee a former player for THE VMI Prep School has worn handcuffs and later the same year suited up and played in the "boner yard" for the bulldogs. I'm not talking misdemeanor.