Cal Poly @ #4 Montana
Texas State @ SIU

E. Illinois @ #2 Furman
EWU @ WKU

Georgia Southern @ #3 Hampton
App State @ YSU

Eagle22
October 30th, 2005, 01:02 AM
If GSU makes the field, they'll have to beat Furman to get there. A Furman loss would take them away from a #2 seed, IMO.

cosmo here
October 30th, 2005, 01:11 AM
If the season ended today

Coastal Carolina @ #1 UNH
Umass @ Lehigh

Cal Poly @ #4 Montana
Texas State @ SIU

E. Illinois @ #2 Furman
EWU @ WKU

App State @ YSU

if the season ended today . . Lafayette would get the automatic bid in the Patriot League

ASU Kep
October 30th, 2005, 01:27 AM
And with our record and average attendance, I doubt we'd travel to YSU, although that is a believeable matchup.

umassfan
October 30th, 2005, 01:35 AM
Also UMass would not travel to Lehigh... Lehigh would travel to UMass or whatever Pat league team made it this year... UMass with two losses will still be higher then any Pat league team.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 30th, 2005, 01:40 AM
Also UMass would not travel to Lehigh... Lehigh would travel to UMass or whatever Pat league team made it this year... UMass with two losses will still be higher then any Pat league team.

I dissagree. I think a 9-2 Lehigh team would have a very good chance at hosting a 9-2, 8-3 A-10 team. Lehigh will certaintly put in a worthy enough bid and would draw 11-12k. That 6k figure from last year's JMU game was a joke.

umassfan
October 30th, 2005, 01:42 AM
I dissagree. I think a 9-2 Lehigh team would have a very good chance at hosting a 9-2, 8-3 A-10 team. Lehigh will certaintly put in a worthy enough bid and would draw 11-12k. That 6k figure from last year's JMU game was a joke.
I think an 8-3 UMass team would host over a 9-2 Lehigh team... Just remember our AD is on the committee now ;)

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 30th, 2005, 01:46 AM
I think an 8-3 UMass team would host over a 9-2 Lehigh team... Just remember our AD is on the committee now ;)

Having someone on the committee means nothing. Lehigh's AD was on it and really did nothing to benifit the Hawks. An 8-3 Umass team would deffinately be traveling to a 9-2 Lehigh team. Lehigh could probably outbid outleast 12 teams if it comes down to a bidding war.

umassfan
October 30th, 2005, 01:54 AM
Having someone on the committee means nothing. Lehigh's AD was on it and really did nothing to benifit the Hawks. An 8-3 Umass team would deffinately be traveling to a 9-2 Lehigh team. Lehigh could probably outbid outleast 12 teams if it comes down to a bidding war.
Trust me we will not get outbid for a playoff game to a Pat league team... The students wouldnt be in town for week one but we have a basketball game and hockey game all home that weekend... it would be a big draw for our fans. We had 12000+ today, 15000+ for URI and 10000+ for Albany... the only two bad crowds for us were the rain games...

GeauxLions94
October 30th, 2005, 01:30 AM

Coastal Carolina @ #1 UNH - UNH
Umass @ Lehigh - Lehigh

Cal Poly @ #4 Montana - Montana
Texas State @ SIU - Southern Illinois

E. Illinois @ #2 Furman - FU
EWU @ WKU - Western

Georgia Southern @ #3 Hampton - Georgia Southern
App State @ YSU - Appy State

If I had to pick winners today. :twocents:

Grizo406
October 30th, 2005, 02:03 AM
The Griz still have 3 more regular season games, that just happen to be on the freakin' road, and I hate when that happens.

Our last "Regular Season" game is in Bozeman, against the Bobcats, and could very well be our toughest game of the year.

After our game against PSU, some are looking ahead, maybe a little too early, but I'm not. If I was, I'd gladly welcome Cal Poly back into the friendly confines of Washington/Grizzly Stadium for a playoff game.

lugo02
October 30th, 2005, 02:16 AM
Only seeded teams are ganranteed home games. The other 4 opening round home games are based on bids, so Lehigh hosting an A-12 team for the 3rd time is very likely.

That should not be a surprise to Umass, remember Colgate 2 years ago.

lugo02
October 30th, 2005, 02:17 AM

Our AD was not just only on the committee he was the HEAD of the committee.

TexasTerror
October 30th, 2005, 06:02 AM
TxSt lost to Nicholls today...

They may lose the SLC bid all together if the Colonels keep winning...

Next week - TxSt vs McNeese in San Marcos...

ChickenMan
October 30th, 2005, 06:08 AM
UMass had best not start counting their chickens before they're hatched. They finish with three tough road games @ UD (UD is tough at home) @ Army and @ Hofstra. They need two wins to get a playoff bid... and that won't be easy.

Cocky
October 30th, 2005, 06:16 AM
Eastern Ill. will have to beat us to get in.

CollegeObserver
October 30th, 2005, 06:29 AM
Lehigh will be hosting Richmond in the first round. UMass has at least one loss to come. Two losses, and they are done.

ngineer
October 30th, 2005, 08:56 AM
If I had to pick winners today. :twocents:

It would be interesting for Lehigh to play UNH since Lehigh's new linebacker coach is from UNH, having coached their lb's fro the past 4 years. Would certainly give some insight into planning for personnel

ChickenMan
October 30th, 2005, 09:09 AM
Are you sure you'd like to see that UNH offense go against your Lehigh defense???

JMU Duke Dog
October 30th, 2005, 09:20 AM

Umass @ Lehigh

Cal Poly @ #4 Montana
Texas State @ SIU

E. Illinois @ #2 Furman
EWU @ WKU

App State @ YSU

I do not think that the Gateway would get three home games.

LUHawker
October 30th, 2005, 09:23 AM
Are you sure you'd like to see that UNH offense go against your Lehigh defense???

NO!

LU's secondary has been the problem child this year, yesterday's strong 2nd half performance against Colgate notwithstanding. An LU-UNH matchup sounds like it would be a high-scoring affair.

IaaScribe
October 30th, 2005, 01:00 PM
Here's my take:

Lafayette at (1) New Hampshire
Southern Illinois at Texas State

Cal Poly at (4) Montana
Youngstown State at Massachusetts

Eastern Illinois at (3) Furman
Northwestern State at Appalachian State

Georgia Southern at (2) Western Kentucky
Richmond at Hampton

My caveat: If Cal Poly loses any of its remaining games, Coastal Carolina jumps in and takes the spot, with the requisite shuffling of the matchups to not making Coastal go all the way to Missoula.

mainejeff
October 30th, 2005, 01:20 PM
No fair that Richmond gets 2 teams into the playoffs!

IaaScribe
October 30th, 2005, 01:24 PM
Oops! Fixed. Thanks mainejeff! :D

Bobcat94
October 30th, 2005, 02:30 PM
A 9 and 2 Texas State will host at least one playoff game this year. Better get use to it.

A loss at Nicholls in OT should not drop the Cats out of the top ten/fifteen. There are teams ahead of and behind them that are less proven and/or with more losses.

Just because of two hurricanes don't count out the SLC. There are plenty of good football teams down here, that can beat plenty of football teams anywhere else.............

Lehigh Lover
October 30th, 2005, 02:55 PM
Didn't Cal Poly lose yesterday? That gives them 3 losses. They didn't make it as a 9-2 team last year. They won't get in this year at 8-3.

JALMOND
October 30th, 2005, 03:04 PM
Didn't Cal Poly lose yesterday? That gives them 3 losses. They didn't make it as a 9-2 team last year. They won't get in this year at 8-3.

Cal Poly should have got in last year. They'll get in this year at 8-3 because of their strength of schedule (much improved over last year). They won't get in at 7-4.

The Big Sky will get two teams in, Montana and the winner between E Washington and Montana State on 11-12.

nmatsen
October 30th, 2005, 03:59 PM
Only seeded teams are ganranteed home games. The other 4 opening round home games are based on bids, so Lehigh hosting an A-12 team for the 3rd time is very likely.

That should not be a surprise to Umass, remember Colgate 2 years ago.

Only seeded teams, McNeese or Montana are guaranteed home games. Money talks. 25,000-30,000 people will get you a home game any day of the week, don't care what your record.

nmatsen
October 30th, 2005, 04:01 PM
Here's my take:

Lafayette at (1) New Hampshire
Southern Illinois at Texas State

Cal Poly at (4) Montana
Youngstown State at Massachusetts

Eastern Illinois at (3) Furman
Northwestern State at Appalachian State

Georgia Southern at (2) Western Kentucky
Richmond at Hampton

My caveat: If Cal Poly loses any of its remaining games, Coastal Carolina jumps in and takes the spot, with the requisite shuffling of the matchups to not making Coastal go all the way to Missoula.

YSU will get a home game regaurdless, especially if they go 9-2, if they to 8-3 they would still be at home at least in the first round. Once again, money talks!

siugrad99
October 30th, 2005, 04:08 PM
Texas State does not deserve a home game and I wouldn't count your record at 9-2 just yet. Last time I checked you have 3 more games and those teams i'm sure plan on doing to you the same thing Nichols State did. Texas State is the latest Johnny come lately. Take a look at your record and feel free to share who you have beaten that makes you feel like you "deserve" a home game ?

DTSpider
October 30th, 2005, 04:14 PM
IF, and it's a big if, Richmond can manage a playoff berth we should have a home game. Unless we have to play a seeded team we can bid a big number due to the 24,000 seat stadium.

LEHIGH61
October 30th, 2005, 04:34 PM
UMass NEVER draws for football! And the condition of the field always sucks that time of the year.

TexasTerror
October 30th, 2005, 05:03 PM
Texas State does not deserve a home game and I wouldn't count your record at 9-2 just yet. Last time I checked you have 3 more games and those teams i'm sure plan on doing to you the same thing Nichols State did. Texas State is the latest Johnny come lately. Take a look at your record and feel free to share who you have beaten that makes you feel like you "deserve" a home game ?

Uh oh, a non-bias fan (not from SHSU) speaking out against the Bobcats... :eek:

Toppermaniac
October 30th, 2005, 05:26 PM
A 9 and 2 Texas State will host at least one playoff game this year. Better get use to it.

A loss at Nicholls in OT should not drop the Cats out of the top ten/fifteen. There are teams ahead of and behind them that are less proven and/or with more losses.

Just because of two hurricanes don't count out the SLC. There are plenty of good football teams down here, that can beat plenty of football teams anywhere else.............

Don't be so sure about hosting a game. WKU was 9-2 last year with it's only two losses to 1-A Kansas St. in a very close game and to # 1 SIU. We were ranked # 5 in the country going into the playoffs and what did we get? A road trip in the first round!!!!!

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 30th, 2005, 05:45 PM
1st round

Eastern Washington at #1 New Hampshire (New Hampshire wins 17-14)
SIU at Appalachian State (Appalachian State wins 27-13)

Lehigh at UMASS (UMASS wins 31-3)
Texas State at #4 Western Kentuckty (Western Kentucky wins 34-28)

Youngstown State @ #2 Hampton (Youngstown State wins 46-37)
Richmond at Furman (FU wins 10-0)

William and Mary at Georgia Southern (Georgia Southern wins 34-13)
Cal Poly at #3 Montana (Montana wins 24-17)

-------------------------
2nd round

Appalachian State at #1 New Hampshire (ASU wins 20-10)
UMASS at #4Western Kentucky (Western Kentucky wins 38-35 in overtime)

FU at Youngstown State (FU wins 19-16)
Georgia Southern at #3 Montana (GSU wins 24-20)

Semis

ASU at #4 Western Kentucky (winner:???)
FU at Georgia Southern (Georgia Southern wins 28-7)

Championship

Georgia Southern beats whoever wins between ASU and WKU
gotta go with my team to win it all...no matter what

Lehigh Lover
October 30th, 2005, 06:12 PM
It's that time of the year for Lehigh Lover's first official playoff prognostication. Some may call these picks crazy, but I'll give my logic afterward.

Coastal Carolina @ #1 Furman
Eastern Illinois @ WKU

SIU @ #2 UNH
UMass @ Lehigh

Youngstown St. @ #3 Hampton
SC St. @ App St.

Montana St. @ #4 Texas St.
Cal Poly @ Montana

My logic: Furman beats GSU and wins out thus finishing the year #1. UNH also wins out to take the #2 seed. Hampton goes 11-0 and gets #3. Now, my controversial #4 seed of Texas St. I believe Texas St. will beat McNeese and win out. I feel that the Gateway teams will beat each other up with no team from that conference finishing with less than 3 losses. I also think Montana loses at Bozeman, thus giving Texas St. the #4 seed at 9-2 (and Montana St. the Big Sky autobid after also beating EWU). As far as the other host schools, I feel a 9-2 Lehigh team deserves to host over what I believe will be an 8-3 UMass team (and Lehigh will draw a bigger crowd as well as bid more). WKU at 8-3 will get a home game. I believe App St. will finish 8-3 and will definitely get a home game at Boone. And Montana always gets a first round home game if they make the playoffs. Coastal with a 10-1 record will get in. And also, despite my earlier posts, when I look at the other remaining teams that can qualify, I think Cal Poly has the best shot, and I feel they will win out (thus beating EWU). Right now there are 31 teams with 3 or less losses, so unless something crazy happens, it doesn't look good as far as a 7-4 team getting in. Feel free to ask questions and criticize.

UNHWildCats
October 30th, 2005, 06:17 PM
1st round

2nd round

Semis

Championship

Where to start ok lets start here You say UNH will be held to 10 points at home in the second round? thats laughable, there smallest margin of victory at home is 28 and have scored over 40 in all there home games.

And we dont mind meeting your Georgia Southern in the Championship, we'll beat ypou like we did last year in the playoffs.

16 Teams, 1 Champion
GO WILDCATS

rokamortis
October 30th, 2005, 06:21 PM
It's that time of the year for Lehigh Lover's first official playoff prognostication. Some may call these picks crazy, but I'll give my logic afterward.

Eastern Illinois @ WKU

SIU @ #2 UNH
UMass @ Lehigh

SC St. @ App St.

Cal Poly @ Montana

My logic: Furman beats GSU and wins out thus finishing the year #1. UNH also wins out to take the #2 seed. Hampton goes 11-0 and gets #3. Now, my controversial #4 seed of Texas St. I believe Texas St. will beat McNeese and win out. I feel that the Gateway teams will beat each other up with no team from that conference finishing with less than 3 losses. I also think Montana St. loses at Bozeman, thus giving Texas St. the #4 seed at 9-2 (and Montana St. the Big Sky autobid after also beating EWU). As far as the other host schools, I feel a 9-2 Lehigh team deserves to host over what I believe will be an 8-3 UMass team (and Lehigh will draw a bigger crowd as well as bid more). WKU at 8-3 will get a home game. I believe App St. will finish 8-3 and will definitely get a home game at Boone. And Montana always gets a first round home game if they make the playoffs. Coastal with a 10-1 record will get in. And also, despite my earlier posts, when I look at the other remaining teams that can qualify, I think Cal Poly has the best shot, and I feel they will win out (thus beating EWU). Right now there are 31 teams with 3 or less losses, so unless something crazy happens, it doesn't look good as far as a 7-4 team getting in. Feel free to ask questions and criticize.
Looks pretty good from where I sit :D . I don't think the Gateway will get 3 teams however - but we'll see how it goes.

This is a best case scenario for the non-traditional conferences. Big South, Great West, and 2 MEAC teams and if the Gateway only gets 2 then you might see 2 Patriot teams. If we see a bracket like this I can almost guarantee that the playoffs will be expanded for 2006.

LUHawker
October 30th, 2005, 06:41 PM
1st round

2nd round

Semis

Championship

All of your prior analysis aside, your last comment about having to go with your team to win it all no matter what just says what a joke your selections are. Given that ridiculously subjective and homer-like comment, how can you expect to be taken seriously? GSU is a good team, but you need to take off the rose-colored glasses.

Bobcat94
October 30th, 2005, 06:47 PM
Wow, The sleeping giant has awaken the sleeping critics.....

Both points are valid. 'Cats finish at 9 and 2 we can either get the seed outright or steal the home game, like others have in the past, as allowed by the NCAA (Stupidly I might add).

There are several ways to get a home game.

Who have we beaten? SUT, SDS, NWST, SELA.... If we go 9 and 2 McSt, SFA, SmSt. All good wins.

I wouldn't discount a team from the SLC finishing 9 and 2 with one loss in conference no matter who it is. One loss in the SLC? That's good.

yosefcity
October 30th, 2005, 07:13 PM
Bracket Side 1

Coastal Carolina
#1 UNH (A10)

UMASS
Eastern Illinois (Ohio Valley)

GSU
#4 Montana (Big Sky)

Lafayette (Patriot)
SIU (Gateway)

Bracket Side 2

Richmond
#3 App State (SoCon)

YSU
Furman

WKU
Texas State

Lehigh
#2 Hampton (MEAC)

GrizSweeper
October 30th, 2005, 09:13 PM
only one team from the big sky, not likely, MSU E. Wash winner will get in as well

GrizSweeper
October 30th, 2005, 09:18 PM

Eastern Illinois @ WKU

SIU @ #2 UNH
UMass @ Lehigh

SC St. @ App St.

Cal Poly @ Montana

My logic: Furman beats GSU and wins out thus finishing the year #1. UNH also wins out to take the #2 seed. Hampton goes 11-0 and gets #3. Now, my controversial #4 seed of Texas St. I believe Texas St. will beat McNeese and win out. I feel that the Gateway teams will beat each other up with no team from that conference finishing with less than 3 losses. I also think Montana St. loses at Bozeman, thus giving Texas St. the #4 seed at 9-2 (and Montana St. the Big Sky autobid after also beating EWU). As far as the other host schools, I feel a 9-2 Lehigh team deserves to host over what I believe will be an 8-3 UMass team (and Lehigh will draw a bigger crowd as well as bid more). WKU at 8-3 will get a home game. I believe App St. will finish 8-3 and will definitely get a home game at Boone. And Montana always gets a first round home game if they make the playoffs. Coastal with a 10-1 record will get in. And also, despite my earlier posts, when I look at the other remaining teams that can qualify, I think Cal Poly has the best shot, and I feel they will win out (thus beating EWU). Right now there are 31 teams with 3 or less losses, so unless something crazy happens, it doesn't look good as far as a 7-4 team getting in. Feel free to ask questions and criticize.

If MT St. loses at bozeman then UM gets a seed, and how in the world do you think Cal Poly has the best shot at winning out, no Garnett means no playoffs for Poly, they get smoked by EWU

Cocky
October 30th, 2005, 09:23 PM
1st round

2nd round

Semis

Championship

Someone from the OVC WILL get be in the playoffs. The champ gets an auto bid.

rabidsaluki
October 30th, 2005, 09:45 PM
IF SIU gets in they'd be lucky to get a home game at all. I don't see that (home game) happening.

FU97
October 31st, 2005, 08:05 AM

Umass @ Lehigh

Cal Poly @ #4 Montana
Texas State @ SIU

E. Illinois @ #2 Furman
EWU @ WKU

App State @ YSU

I can't see Coastal getting in an not getting sent to Greenville or Statesboro (assuming GSU makes it), particularly given your seeding.

EagleCrusade
October 31st, 2005, 08:07 AM
Oh and two conference schools can't play in the first round either (EKU/WKU)

AppGuy04
October 31st, 2005, 08:16 AM
does anyone know if the committee tries to avoid sending teams to sites they have already played at this year? (for 1st round games that is)

for instance, if Coastal makes it in, would the committee send them elsewhere other than Boone because they played App once this year

GannonFan
October 31st, 2005, 08:23 AM
IF, and it's a big if, Richmond can manage a playoff berth we should have a home game. Unless we have to play a seeded team we can bid a big number due to the 24,000 seat stadium.

It's not just bidding on the size of the stadium, it's bidding on what can be expected in the stadium and they look at past attendance numbers and the such - Richmond's weak support over the year (87th best avg in IAA with a measley 4262 average - a 19% of capacity) would certainly hinder their chance of getting a home game should they make the playoffs and play a non-seeded team.

Thumper250
October 31st, 2005, 08:24 AM
McNeese State @ #1 UNH
Umass @ Lehigh

Cal Poly @ #4 Montana
SIU @ Texas State

E. Illinois @ #2 Furman
EWU @ WKU

App State @ YSU

That win over Georgia Southern early will help McNeese out come bid time. And Cal Poly gets in to satisfy a growing West Coast contingent.

AppGuy04
October 31st, 2005, 08:26 AM
I think App will get a 1st round home game strictly because of their attendance figures

Tribe4SF
October 31st, 2005, 08:41 AM
1st round

If Richmond and W&M both win their next two, their meeting on Nov. 19 will leave one with 4 losses and out of the playoffs. Both teams must win out to make it. W&M has JMU and Delaware (both tough games) and UR has VMI and Towson (an easier road).

GSUhooligan
October 31st, 2005, 08:49 AM
Oh and two conference schools can't play in the first round either (EKU/WKU)

EKU is OVC
Western is Gateway

But I don't think it matters anyway because the bracket I think you were referencing had Eastern Illinois vs. Western Kentucky, not EKU vs. WKU.

McNeese75
October 31st, 2005, 09:05 AM
McNeese State @ #1 UNH
Umass @ Lehigh

Cal Poly @ #4 Montana
SIU @ Texas State

E. Illinois @ #2 Furman
EWU @ WKU

App State @ YSU

That win over Georgia Southern early will help McNeese out come bid time. And Cal Poly gets in to satisfy a growing West Coast contingent.

We appreciate the thought but the next three weeks in the SLC will be really rough ones and one more loss will pretty much eliminate us with three losses in a 9 game season. We would have to win out to make it and if we were to beat Tx State (not likely) that would probably boot them out on SOS.

My guess is the only way the SLC has a shot at two spots is if Tx State and Nicholls win out

Black and Gold Express
October 31st, 2005, 09:14 AM
does anyone know if the committee tries to avoid sending teams to sites they have already played at this year? (for 1st round games that is)

for instance, if Coastal makes it in, would the committee send them elsewhere other than Boone because they played App once this year

In 2000 we had a rematch of a regular season game in round 1, against Troy State. Only difference was the playoff game was in Troy.

If Coastal gets in, and assuming one or both of ASU and Furman are in, you could pretty much lock in CCU going to one of those two places I think. Especially ASU. I could see Furman drawing SC State, if they manage somehow to get into the playoffs.

Or who knows, maybe they'll send CCU to Hampton. Wouldn't that draw a howl from this group. ;)

siugrad99
October 31st, 2005, 09:28 AM
sending CCU to Hampton would mean 2 teams would be stuck playing one another in the 1st round who don't deserve to. CCU & Hampton should both be on the road for their 1st games. I'm not sold on Hamptons record regardless of who they play. How many team could roll through their conference and non-conference schedule undefeated. Giving those 2 teams a shot at one another in round one would be laughable.

GSUhooligan
October 31st, 2005, 09:44 AM
Coastal @ #1 UNH
GSU @ Hampton

E. Illinois @ #4 YSU
Lehigh @ Tex. St.

Cal Poly @ #2 Montana
Richmond @ Furman
McNeese St. @ #3 App. St.
Umass @ Western Kentucky

colgate13
October 31st, 2005, 09:47 AM
Coastal @ #1 UNH
GSU @ Hampton

E. Illinois @ #4 YSU
Lehigh @ Tex. St.

Cal Poly @ #2 Montana
Richmond @ Furman
Umass @ Lehigh

Damn, Lehigh has to go to Texas and host UMass in the same day! That's a bit much for the Mountain Hawks, dontchathink? ;)

AppGuy04
October 31st, 2005, 10:09 AM
Coastal @ #1 UNH
GSU @ Hampton

E. Illinois @ #4 YSU
Lehigh @ Tex. St.

Cal Poly @ #2 Montana
Richmond @ Furman
Umass @ Lehigh

this is assuming GSU beats Furman right? ;)

GSUhooligan
October 31st, 2005, 12:21 PM
Damn, Lehigh has to go to Texas and host UMass in the same day! That's a bit much for the Mountain Hawks, dontchathink? ;)

My bad, I fixed it. The 7-12 teams are always hard to do and there was some editing going on. Thanks for catching that.

GSUhooligan
October 31st, 2005, 12:23 PM
this is assuming GSU beats Furman right? ;)

If I was a betting man, I'd put my life on the Eagles this weekend. Since I'm not, I don't have to worry about dying :D .

AppGuy04
October 31st, 2005, 12:24 PM
If I was a betting man, I'd put my life on the Eagles this weekend. Since I'm not, I don't have to worry about dying :D .

i wouldn't bet my life on anything involving GSU/Furman football games

TypicalTribe
October 31st, 2005, 02:10 PM
CCU at #2 Furman
EWU at WKU

SIU at #4 Montana
Cal Poly at Texas St.

Lafayette at #1 UNH
UMass at YSU

EIU at #3 Appy St.
GSU at Hampton

GSUhooligan
October 31st, 2005, 02:12 PM
CCU at #2 Furman
EWU at WKU

SIU at #4 Montana
Cal Poly at Texas St.

Lafayette at #1 UNH
UMass at YSU

EIU at #3 Appy St.
GSU at Hampton

Furman won't get a #2 after we beat them. If we don't beat them, we're not in it. Unless your GSU is Grambling... :eek:

umassfan
October 31st, 2005, 02:15 PM
CCU at #2 Furman
EWU at WKU

SIU at #4 Montana
Cal Poly at Texas St.

Lafayette at #1 UNH
UMass at YSU

EIU at #3 Appy St.
GSU at Hampton
If there are only two A10 schools in the playoffs I dont see them setting up a week two matchup of the schools...

TypicalTribe
October 31st, 2005, 02:36 PM
Furman won't get a #2 after we beat them. If we don't beat them, we're not in it. Unless your GSU is Grambling... :eek:

Those matchups were if the field was determined right now.

Lehigh Lover
October 31st, 2005, 03:41 PM
Hey Grizsweeper, thanks for pointing out my mistake. I think Montana will lose at Bozeman and thus not get a seed. I changed the error.

Lehigh Lover
October 31st, 2005, 03:46 PM
Sorry GSU Hooligan, they won't send Lehigh to Texas in the first round. Remember, regionalization format?

Lehigh Lover
October 31st, 2005, 03:48 PM
Also Hooligan, there is no way that McNeese and Texas St. will both make the playoffs. McNeese would have to beat Texas St. and that would give Texas St. only a max of 6 Division I wins this year, thus not meeting that requirement. Even more evidence as to why they wouldn't send Lehigh to Texas.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2005, 03:52 PM
Also Hooligan, there is no way that McNeese and Texas St. will both make the playoffs. McNeese would have to beat Texas St. and that would give Texas St. only a max of 6 Division I wins this year, thus not meeting that requirement. Even more evidence as to why they wouldn't send Lehigh to Texas.

There's no way a 9-2 Lehigh team will be sent anywhere other than YSU, Umass, or Hampton IMO. I still think they're going to get a home game if they win out with how things are falling in the A-10.

SoCon48
October 31st, 2005, 07:46 PM

They want a rematch. I think they should have it.

GrizSweeper
October 31st, 2005, 08:01 PM
McNeese State @ #1 UNH
Umass @ Lehigh

Cal Poly @ #4 Montana
SIU @ Texas State

E. Illinois @ #2 Furman
EWU @ WKU

App State @ YSU

Poly does not get in, period

Chi Panther
October 31st, 2005, 11:06 PM
There's no way a 9-2 Lehigh team will be sent anywhere other than YSU, Umass, or Hampton IMO. I still think they're going to get a home game if they win out with how things are falling in the A-10.

I agree Lehigh.....pretty hard to think many 2 lose teams will be on the road in the first round this year.