PDA

View Full Version : Elon scores 52 in 1st half

Millwoch
September 13th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Against PC...Damn...Have not seen the stats, but Riddle and Hudgins must be havin a huge day.

furman94
September 13th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Yeah, as I said earlier... 3rd string must already be having a hayday!

UNHWildCats
September 13th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Scott Riddle 19-27-0 333 3TD

UNHWildCats
September 13th, 2008, 07:08 PM
1st 12:49 ELON - Dontay Taylor 8 yd run (Andrew Wilcox kick) 7 - 0
1st 11:08 ELON - Terrell Hudgins 37 yd pass from Scott Riddle (Andrew Wilcox kick)14 - 0
1st 08:24 ELON - A.J. Harris 52 yd run (Andrew Wilcox kick) 21 - 0
1st 07:16 ELON - Charles Ball 10 yd blocked punt return (Andrew Wilcox kick) 28 - 0
1st 03:54 ELON - Bo Williamson 64 yd pass from Scott Wilcox kick) 35 - 0
2nd 12:13 ELON - Dontay Taylor 1 yd run (Andrew Wilcox kick) 42-0
2nd 11:38 PC - BUTLER,T. 16 yd pass from WEBB,T. (MILLER,C. kick failed) 42 - 6
2nd 10:35 ELON - Andrew Wilcox 36 yd field goal 45 - 6
2nd 01:16 ELON - Bo Williamson 41 yd pass from Scott Riddle (Andrew Wilcox kick) 52 - 6

Millwoch
September 13th, 2008, 07:13 PM
More rush yards on one play in this one than the total from the first 2

UNHWildCats
September 13th, 2008, 07:16 PM
http://org.elon.edu/athletics/stats/livestats/fb/xsummary.htm

PhoenixPhan06
September 13th, 2008, 09:29 PM
66-12 as a final score. Riddle threw for almost 400 yards and 3 TDs. Bo Williamson had a HUGE day receiving going for 167 yards with 2 TDs. For once we got some great results from our ground game going for almost 250 yards lead by AJ Harris's 90 yards and 3 TDs. This is a huge win for us regardless of who it came against and it was great to see Riddle air it out all night long! Since this was the first game played without the rain being a factor, I hope this is an indication of how well the offense can play! 66-12 folks, 66-12!

Reign of Terrier
September 13th, 2008, 09:38 PM
Considering both teams run a similar offense the D's should of played a good game, I guess the fact that Elon has better athletes made the difference.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 13th, 2008, 09:45 PM
Hoo boy. I really hope GSU can score a lot of points next Saturday. xsmhx

beauvighn
September 13th, 2008, 09:50 PM
I bet there will be a hundred points scored in the Wofford/Elon game. Our defense has not shown itself to be very effective against the pass.

Reign of Terrier
September 13th, 2008, 09:56 PM
I bet there will be a hundred points scored in the Wofford/Elon game. Our defense has not shown itself to be very effective against the pass.

we played alright against PC but an injured secondary hurt us against CSU. This game could help predict the Elon-woco game. If Wofford comes in with a healthy secondary and doesn't fall behind by 2 scores early I'LL PREDICT RIGHT NOW 50 POINTS FROM BOTH TEAMS. xtwocentsx

beauvighn
September 13th, 2008, 09:59 PM
It seems we enjoy getting behind by two scores and then we wake up and start playing. That bugs me to no end. Just give 'em 14 when they get off the bus and be ready to play at the opening kickoff. That crap will not go against the treams we have to beat in the SoCon

Reign of Terrier
September 13th, 2008, 10:08 PM
It seems we enjoy getting behind by two scores and then we wake up and start playing. That bugs me to no end. Just give 'em 14 when they get off the bus and be ready to play at the opening kickoff. That crap will not go against the treams we have to beat in the SoCon

Except GSU seeing as the way they're playing....back to Elon, could they be having an up and down season or is PC really not good at all? I mean I didn't think PC was TOO bad, but scoring 66 is hard to do on a lot of teams.

whoanellie
September 13th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Wow! first half We were just on. Were We that good? or is PC bad?
We beat them on speed and making some solid plays. But really spread it around. Going into SoCon play I think We had guys get some well needed confidence....
Our conditioning must have improved as cramping on a very hot & humid day was not an issue.

gophoenix
September 13th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Wow! first half We were just on. Were We that good? or is PC bad?
We beat them on speed and making some solid plays. But really spread it around. Going into SoCon play I think We had guys get some well needed confidence....
Our conditioning must have improved as cramping on a very hot & humid day was not an issue.

Richmond is that good IMHO.
The Stony Brook game, considering conditions, was just not an indicator on how good or bad either team is IMHO.

The fact that we ran the ball as well as we did and as much as we did in the 2nd half speaks loads of where this game could have gone.

SoCon starts now. Nothing is easy from here on out.

lizrdgizrd
September 13th, 2008, 10:31 PM
Just got back from the game. I thought PC was just abysmal tonight. Apparently since they got down early they started playing their 2 minute offense instead of their regular offense. They weren't getting anywhere with that but just wouldn't make any changes. Their lines were owned by Elon all night. I didn't see many inside runs that didn't gain 4 yards or more. PC better hope this was a fluke or they're going to have a tough time with even the Big South this season.

Riddle looked good. Hit a lot of different receivers tonight. Hudgins isn't the only target that Riddle should be confident about.

jbuggASU
September 13th, 2008, 10:37 PM
Cant wait to see you guys up in Boone! xthumbsupx

GaSouthern
September 13th, 2008, 10:59 PM
Elon could CRUSH GSU next weekend :(

Libertine
September 14th, 2008, 04:29 AM
Apparently since they (PC) got down early they started playing their 2 minute offense instead of their regular offense. They weren't getting anywhere with that but just wouldn't make any changes.
Nope. That is their regular offense.

Laserlips
September 14th, 2008, 08:02 AM

GS:

Hey, I've watched both of our games from the stands in Paulson, and unless during the upcoming practice week our guys:

1. Our guys start tackling for a change.
2. Offensive line gives Henton more time to read the defense.
3. Pass defense improves dramatically.(OK DRAMATICALLY) xprayx
4. Snapper starts giving the holder good snaps to give Hartley a chance.

We are in for a long night.... Followed by several more this season..xbawlingx

But, "hope springs eternal"..xthumbsupx

More and more I hear myself saying, "we outta' be real good, "NEXT YEAR"..

Bah, humbug..

Jesse

Death Dealer
September 14th, 2008, 08:13 AM
Elon's O is great, and Presby's D is worse than pathetic, and the offense is weak, even for the Big South. Thus, the score was so lopsided. Elon is going to be tough to beat next week if the same team show up to play. GSU's best hope is for a letdown week. Elon isn't used to winning, can they sustain that winning killer instinct throughout the season? Hopefully, not into October. xsmiley_wix

phoenix3
September 14th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Coach Lembo has stated many times in the press that the maturation of this team (and in the program on the whole imo) is the key to this and the coming few seasons at Elon. Learning how to be a winning program can be tough irrespective of the talent. I think our key is to play as if each team is legitemently ranked #1.

blueballs
September 14th, 2008, 09:02 AM
I just hope our young team with 37 FR playing and a transfer QB who has been in the system for only a month isn't too scared of the mighty Elon juggernaut. I guess our guys will show up since the game is at home but we might get beat by 50... my knees are hurting from shaking and I'm sure our players' are as well.

appfan2008
September 14th, 2008, 09:09 AM
way to go elon... i was a little down on you after the richmond showing but after that i am very impressed...

this game puts pressure on asu to run up the score on presby as well...

phoenix3
September 14th, 2008, 09:55 AM
I just hope our young team with 37 FR playing and a transfer QB who has been in the system for only a month isn't too scared of the mighty Elon juggernaut. I guess our guys will show up since the game is at home but we might get beat by 50... my knees are hurting from shaking and I'm sure our players' are as well.

Nice bait, but I can feel your sarcasm:) I am more concerned about this game than any other this season because you will be a different team offensively than last year & we really don't know what to expect. And, we know how tough your defense is especially your DE's which give us fits. With all due respect to Presby, I think we'll have a slightly tougher time with the GSU defense.

SideLine Shooter
September 14th, 2008, 09:57 AM
More rush yards on one play in this one than the total from the first 2

Is PC that BAD??????

SideLine Shooter
September 14th, 2008, 10:01 AM

Probably by 40 or 50?

ERASU2113
September 14th, 2008, 10:07 AM
I'm glad Elon's offense was on fire...pretty much sputtered to the end against UR.

ASU against Presby looks like it'll be a high scoring game too. Guess that happens when you schedule two of the top offenses in the SoCon - if not all of FCS.

ElonPride
September 14th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Elon's played football for 99 years, and the 667 total offensive yards was a program record (previous record was 633).xeekx

gophoenix
September 14th, 2008, 01:18 PM
way to go elon... i was a little down on you after the richmond showing but after that i am very impressed...

this game puts pressure on asu to run up the score on presby as well...

The scary thing is, it could have been much worse. We barely threw it in the second half and our walk-on freshman RB had 80 yards rushing by himself. Had we played our game the whole time, it would have been murder.

whoanellie
September 14th, 2008, 01:38 PM
Elon's played football for 99 years, and the 667 total offensive yards was a program record (previous record was 633).xeekx

a real shame We were in that trap game scenario overlooking PC for the GSU game xsmiley_wix

phoenix3
September 14th, 2008, 07:13 PM
The scary thing is, it could have been much worse. We barely threw it in the second half and our walk-on freshman RB had 80 yards rushing by himself. Had we played our game the whole time, it would have been murder.

Jfyi, Jamal Shuman isn't a walk-on. I expect great things from him in the future. I agree with your point though. He really wasn't given the ball much until the middle of the 4th.

elon77
September 14th, 2008, 08:42 PM
I would think 52 points against tackling dumies would be impressive much less against another FCS team.

gophoenix
September 14th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Jfyi, Jamal Shuman isn't a walk-on. I expect great things from him in the future. I agree with your point though. He really wasn't given the ball much until the middle of the 4th.

They said he was on the radio. So I assumed they were right.

Hoseinexile07
September 14th, 2008, 09:02 PM
I would think 52 points against tackling dumies would be impressive much less against another FCS team.

I've never see PC lose like that. Embarrassing. It's not like our schedule gets any easier. Western has made more progress in the last few months than I thought they would, and then we have App State and the rest of the Big South. We need to get our act together quick.

PhoenixPhan06
September 14th, 2008, 09:43 PM

We were up 35-0 with 4 minutes left in the first quarter and you could tell that the offensive coordinator was pulling back the reins and focusing on the running game. The close to 250 yards rushing has to be up there on the program record list as I can't remember when we had over 100 yards rushing last.

This was the first game played in dry conditions so I think opponents can expect a very dangerous offense from here out xhypedx . GSU beware and your D better play the game of their lives or hope it rains!

Eight Legger
September 14th, 2008, 11:06 PM
Good work, Phoenix! Now keep this up the rest of the year, would you? We would be most appreciative!

CID1990
September 14th, 2008, 11:41 PM

Hey, this is like the 50th time in a couple months that a GSU fan has reminded us of how many freshmen you have and how your transfer QB isn't yet up to snuff with the 'Hatch Attack.'

We get it, already. We are also aware of the 6 NCs.

gophoenix
September 15th, 2008, 05:11 AM
We were up 35-0 with 4 minutes left in the first quarter and you could tell that the offensive coordinator was pulling back the reins and focusing on the running game. The close to 250 yards rushing has to be up there on the program record list as I can't remember when we had over 100 yards rushing last.

This was the first game played in dry conditions so I think opponents can expect a very dangerous offense from here out xhypedx . GSU beware and your D better play the game of their lives or hope it rains!

250 yards rushing is nowhere near the top. We were an option team of one sort or another for nearly 3 decades. I can remember games in the 90s where we netted near 500 rushing yards.

gophoenix
September 15th, 2008, 05:23 AM
I've never see PC lose like that. Embarrassing. It's not like our schedule gets any easier. Western has made more progress in the last few months than I thought they would, and then we have App State and the rest of the Big South. We need to get our act together quick.

You know. I think if you play anyone that can or will sympathize, it is Western Carolina and Elon who have both had more than their fair share of blowout games. Heck, I remember a few games where we were down 35-0 in the first quarter and somehow I managed to sit through those entire games.

whoanellie
September 15th, 2008, 07:16 AM
PC will, like Elon did in moving up to D-1aa experience growing pain losses, one has to have amnesia and FIDO a lot.
go back to basics blocking tackling and extra effort.....
PC does have a loyal fan base.

elon77
September 15th, 2008, 07:25 AM
Good work, Phoenix! Now keep this up the rest of the year, would you? We would be most appreciative!

It's a real shame you didn't see them at their best. When Elon's O is clicking they are pretty dang good. You didn't see what they can produce on most days, and I know your D had a little to do with it, BUT they can play better than they showed against U of R. I still think U of R is one of the top two teams in FCS.xbowx Keep it up!

Kill'em
September 15th, 2008, 07:30 AM
Hey, this is like the 50th time in a couple months that a GSU fan has reminded us of how many freshmen you have and how your transfer QB isn't yet up to snuff with the 'Hatch Attack.'

Far be it for me to speak for BB, but I think part of his point was that we don't know what to expect from our kids. Right now, we seem to have the old "Paulson Magic" but fourth quarter rallies won't last all season, especially against better offensive teams. Hopefully, the comeback wins will teach our kids how to win.

ElonPride
September 15th, 2008, 07:44 AM
The close to 250 yards rushing has to be up there on the program record list as I can't remember when we had over 100 yards rushing last.

Sorry man, but that's not near a record. Before Hamilton and Lembo, Elon was a run ONLY team. In '02, we beat Liberty 56-35. Rashard Palmer (Elon RB) alone had 241 rushing yards.

Elon had over 500 rushing yards in one game back in '83 against Mars Hill......

appfan2008
September 15th, 2008, 07:45 AM
Sorry man, but that's not near a record. Before Hamilton and Lembo came in, Elon was a run ONLY team. In '02, we beat Liberty 56-35. Rashard Palmer (Elon RB) alone had 241 rushing yards.

phoenixphan's memory must not go back more than 5 years!!!

PhoenixPhan06
September 15th, 2008, 09:44 AM
phoenixphan's memory must not go back more than 5 years!!!

Most of the time it does, just not on Elon Football since I was there from 02-06. I'll correct myself and say that the 246 yards rushing has to be up there as tops in the Pete Lembo era. When I was an undergrad, I was unfortunate enough to witness the Paul Hamilton era if you want to call it that. I got to see Palmer in his senior year, and we haven't had a good back since. The committee of AJ Harris, Jamal Shuman, and Dontay Taylor looked respectible Saturday night so hopefully they can keep it going next week agaisnt GSU.

Eaglesrus
September 15th, 2008, 10:31 AM

I will just point out, once again, that someone other than a GSU fan brought up the six NCs. You seem a lot more fixated on it than we do.

lizrdgizrd
September 15th, 2008, 10:47 AM
I will just point out, once again, that someone other than a GSU fan brought up the six NCs. You seem a lot more fixated on it than we do.
Hey, Elon's got 2 NC's of their own. xpeacex

ElonPride
September 15th, 2008, 11:56 AM

Nice! xsmiley_wix

lizrdgizrd
September 15th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Nice! xsmiley_wix
Too bad they're just NAIA NCs. xsmiley_wix :p

Eaglesrus
September 15th, 2008, 12:39 PM

And none of them for either of us mean a thing as far as what's going to happen Saturday night.

Eaglesrus
September 15th, 2008, 03:00 PM
we played alright against PC but an injured secondary hurt us against CSU. This game could help predict the Elon-woco game. If Wofford comes in with a healthy secondary and doesn't fall behind by 2 scores early I'LL PREDICT RIGHT NOW 50 POINTS FROM BOTH TEAMS. xtwocentsx

Except GSU seeing as the way they're playing....back to Elon, could they be having an up and down season or is PC really not good at all? I mean I didn't think PC was TOO bad, but scoring 66 is hard to do on a lot of teams.

Please, please, please let your team be overlooking us as much as you guys are!

RazorEdge19
September 15th, 2008, 03:04 PM

I don't think Ayers will let that happen. Especially after last year's game.

SoCon48
September 15th, 2008, 04:40 PM

Riddle stayed in until 1:39 left in the 3rd qtr and a 59-7 lead. Talking about "cautious!'

SoCon48
September 15th, 2008, 04:44 PM

Know what you mean. Shaking like a French soldier.

lizrdgizrd
September 15th, 2008, 04:45 PM
Riddle stayed in until 1:39 left in the 3rd qtr and a 59-7 lead. Talking about "cautious!'
I thought it was a bit odd that Riddle and Hudgins stayed in so long. Williamson and Jeffcoat were playing well.

SoCon48
September 15th, 2008, 04:52 PM

2nd string QB didn't come in until 1:39 left in the 3rd qtr and a 59-7 lead. Talking about "cautious!"
If Riddle goes down even for a part of a game later on, I'd want #2 to have had more experience given this big of an opportunity. Other than vs Samford and Chatt, I don' think the #2 will get much more PT this year.

Reign of Terrier
September 15th, 2008, 06:14 PM

Overlooking you? I'm just saying the way you're playing the "let's come back against Northeastern" attitude with your D won't fair well against Socon teams. I'm not looking past this game I'm looking forward to it.

Eaglesrus
September 15th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Overlooking you? I'm just saying the way you're playing the "let's come back against Northeastern" attitude with your D won't fair well against Socon teams. I'm not looking past this game I'm looking forward to it.

Okay, maybe I read it wrong, just seemed that the way you were talking about your game with Wofford you were kinda looking passed us.

Eight Legger
September 15th, 2008, 07:50 PM
It's a real shame you didn't see them at their best. When Elon's O is clicking they are pretty dang good. You didn't see what they can produce on most days, and I know your D had a little to do with it, BUT they can play better than they showed against U of R. I still think U of R is one of the top two teams in FCS.xbowx Keep it up!

It's ok, I am not upset we didn't see you guys at your best. I hope we hear that sentiment from other teams the rest of the year too...it'll mean we're doing something right. However I'll gladly watch highlights of your offensive output from here on out though, so keep running up those scores! xthumbsupx