PDA

View Full Version : Wichita State Football gaining some steam

Shockerman
September 11th, 2008, 01:51 PM
It has been a slow process but there is a website that has been put up by a fellow shocker fan. Today is the first day and it has recieved pledges of over $45,000 to help return WSU Football.

Stop by and post any changes here that you think need to be made to the site. All help would be apprecitated. Go Shocks and Go Valley!

http://www.bringbackshockerfootball.com

Bear Fan 101
September 11th, 2008, 01:54 PM
UCA played at WSU last season in baseball, and beat them in Wichita...anyway, we drove by the football stadium on our way into the parking lot, and it looked pretty nice for a facility that has been sitting largely unused for a long time.

appfan2008
September 11th, 2008, 01:55 PM
we loved to have you back... hopefully it works out..

Bear Fan 101
September 11th, 2008, 01:58 PM
I guess I should've mentioned that as well. WSU backin FCS, or football in general would be great. I kinda liked the trip up there this past spring.

PantherRob82
September 11th, 2008, 05:10 PM
I pledged $2. :D

TheBisonator
September 11th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Almost $52,000 pledged towards Shocker football so far just today. Hopefully you guys can get football back and make the Valley an even tougher conference!!xthumbsupx

TheBisonator
September 11th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Should we sticky this thread so AGS'ers can see the website and show their support??

BearsCountry
September 11th, 2008, 08:00 PM
It would be nice to have our rival in all sports.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 11th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Why did WSU eliminate football in the first place?

Seems to me that Wichita is definitely big enough to support a football team...esp at the FCS level.

Hope football gets added and joins the MV....great additionxthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Shockerman
September 11th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Why did WSU eliminate football in the first place?

Seems to me that Wichita is definitely big enough to support a football team...esp at the FCS level.

Hope football gets added and joins the MV....great additionxthumbsupx xthumbsupx

President Warren Armstrong and AD Lew Perkins axed the program after the 1986 season citing fan apathy and budget deficits. The real story is that it was poor leadership. Football was an afterthought with the administration and they "suspended" it without consulting key boosters, city leaders and the alumni which has always rubbed fans the wrong way. Our new AD Eric Sexton is the son of one of the best known WSU football players who still bleeds yellow and black. Eric was raised in Wichita, went to Wichita State and grew up going to Football games with this dad. (Linwood Sexton) The AD has not taken an official stance on this issue as of yet.

I would love for this to get pinned to the top!

NoCoDanny
September 11th, 2008, 08:45 PM
UCA played at WSU last season in baseball, and beat them in Wichita...anyway, we drove by the football stadium on our way into the parking lot, and it looked pretty nice for a facility that has been sitting largely unused for a long time.

I'm pretty sure they use it for track so it's getting a 100 or so people in there on a weekend.

skinny_uncle
September 11th, 2008, 08:47 PM
It has been a slow process but there is a website that has been put up by a fellow shocker fan. Today is the first day and it has recieved pledges of over $45,000 to help return WSU Football.

Stop by and post any changes here that you think need to be made to the site. All help would be apprecitated. Go Shocks and Go Valley!

http://www.bringbackshockerfootball.com
Good luck with it.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
September 11th, 2008, 08:54 PM
President Warren Armstrong and AD Lew Perkins axed the program after the 1986 season citing fan apathy and budget deficits. The real story is that it was poor leadership. Football was an afterthought with the administration and they "suspended" it without consulting key boosters, city leaders and the alumni which has always rubbed fans the wrong way. Our new AD Eric Sexton is the son of one of the best known WSU football players who still bleeds yellow and black. Eric was raised in Wichita, went to Wichita State and grew up going to Football games with this dad. (Linwood Sexton) The AD has not taken an official stance on this issue as of yet.

I would love for this to get pinned to the top!

Would that be the same Lew Perkins who upgraded football while AD at UConn? xconfusedx xeekx xeekx xeekx

xoopsx xoopsx xoopsx xoopsx xoopsx xoopsx xoopsx

BearsCountry
September 11th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Would that be the same Lew Perkins who upgraded football while AD at UConn? xconfusedx xeekx xeekx xeekx

And at KU as well.

Husky Alum
September 11th, 2008, 11:44 PM

Bob Kraft didn't threaten to move the Pats to Wichita. ;-)

C'mon if Kraft didn't lead the State of CT down a primrose patch for the Pats stadium in Hartford, UConn may likely still be in the CAA for football.

We all know UConn got their field because part of the deal for the Pats stadium was that UConn would have a home as well. Sweet Lew stepped in and said "you told us we could have a I-A stadium, we want it" - the lemming politicians approved it, and boom, Rentschler Field.

Shockerman
September 12th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Closing in on 100K midway through day 2!

Saluki Fan in FL
September 12th, 2008, 12:58 PM
I'd love to see it. Good luck.

Bison06
September 12th, 2008, 01:07 PM
So what is the goal of this pledge drive? What kind of money does it take for a University to start up a football program? Any ideas?

BearsCountry
September 12th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Well if you listen to the WSU fans who dont want football you would think it would cost 100 million dollars. For the Shockers they would need to follow Old Dominion's plan.

appfan2008
September 12th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Closing in on 100K midway through day 2!

congrats... keep up the good work!

crunifan
September 12th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Keep it up Shockers! Us Panther fans would love to transfer our good luck against you in football as well!

UNI Pike
September 12th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Finally, someone to replace Indiana State when they wither away.