PDA

View Full Version : Richmond

CatFan22
October 29th, 2005, 06:18 PM
Has anyone else been impressed with Richmond the past couple weeks?

JMU2004
October 29th, 2005, 06:42 PM
no offense to ur, but JMU is listless right now.....blowing 3 scoring chances, penalties that killed 4 drives, and 3 turnovers

JMU is a team folding fast......and quite frankly, its all on the coaches shoulders

CatFan22
October 29th, 2005, 06:44 PM
The games before this though, too. Not just the JMU game is what I am talking about.

Tod
October 29th, 2005, 06:51 PM
I believe they're 5-1 in the A-10? Tough to argue with that. :nod: :nod: :eek:

umassfan
October 29th, 2005, 07:38 PM
I believe they're 5-1 in the A-10? Tough to argue with that. :nod: :nod: :eek:
Their only league loss was to UMass... making that win look better and better as the weeks go by.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 29th, 2005, 07:40 PM
Amazingly Lafayette beat Richmond too. Does an 8-3 Lafayette team get in over an 8-3 Spiders team?

umassfan
October 29th, 2005, 07:41 PM
Amazingly Lafayette beat Richmond too. Does an 8-3 Lafayette team get in over an 8-3 Spiders team?
Prob not due to Richmond having better wins now... they are rolling but need to win out to get in. Not sure their remaining schedule.

Sam Adams
October 29th, 2005, 07:49 PM
Richmond drives the Fork into Madison at JMU. Impressive win.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 29th, 2005, 07:50 PM
Richmond drives the Fork into Madison at JMU. Impressive win.

Wasn't it homecomming in Harrisonburg?

ChickenMan
October 29th, 2005, 07:52 PM

Not amazing... UR had Tutt playing WR then ... UR is a much better team with him at QB.

Umass74
October 29th, 2005, 08:11 PM
Tutt kicked our butts last year playing QB. He had over 100 yards rushing.

Looked like a Michael Vick clone :eek:

blukeys
October 29th, 2005, 08:17 PM
Tutt kicked our butts last year playing QB. He had over 100 yards rushing.

Looked like a Michael Vick clone :eek:

As a runner he is close to Vick, not as quick but more powerful. I didn't see him this year but he had a strong arm although not that accurate when I saw him in '03.

00bluehen
October 29th, 2005, 08:22 PM
Not amazing... UR had Tutt playing WR then ... UR is a much better team with him at QB.
:nod: Absolutely the difference in the game. I'd wager it'd be 100% different if the two teams were to square off again with Tutt as QB. I wish our coach had the ability to see what Dave Clawson can...

Umass74
October 29th, 2005, 08:23 PM
Isn't Tutt like 235 pds ??

He's one big dude.

blukeys
October 29th, 2005, 08:25 PM
Isn't Tutt like 235 pds ??

He's one big dude.

Big, fast, strong armed. All he needs is a team around him. ;) :D

CollegeObserver
October 29th, 2005, 08:32 PM
UR has a home game vs. VMI, at Towson, and home against W&M. The way they are playing, I'd say they win the next two, and probably three. The Tribe could already be out of it by then.
The A-10 is rapidly sorting itself out. UNH is in the drivers seat, for sure. I would guess UR for the second bid at this point, with "I have no idea" for a possible third bid.

mainejeff
October 29th, 2005, 08:36 PM
I'd say UNH, Richmond and the winner of the Hofstra/UMass game.

DTSpider
October 29th, 2005, 08:38 PM
Thanks for noticing. Richmond was picked by most to finish 5th in the A10 South and by some to finish last.

We have essentially a team full of underclassmen along with Tutt. Tutt has limitless athletic ability but has been criticized for poor preparation. He was beat out in summer camp by a true freshman and moved to WR. He & Clawson apparantly had a meeting after the second game and Tutt committed to improving his film study and other committments to be a better QB. He has been a different player recently. No one ever doubted his running ability but his game study has allowed him to better find people in the offense. He has a cannon but limited accuracy. Out of high school everyone (read UVA & Tech along with some others) wanted him to play safety. He wanted to play QB and went to Richmond to run the triple option.

JMU2004
October 29th, 2005, 08:38 PM
I think it is pretty obvious....the South of the A-10 sucks

JMU....my god, the coaches have just taken 7 steps back from last year....maybe the long term contract made them too comfy, but these is no fire, nor adjustments. Totally uninspired effort from EVERYONE

spdram
October 29th, 2005, 08:41 PM
Richmond was 0-2 with Tutt at WR, with Tutt at QB we are 5-1 with the only loss coming to Vanderbilt at Vandy. He is 6-2 adb 235lb. The best part is that he is a better person than a football player. Stacy has a bright future no matter what happens.

colgate13
October 29th, 2005, 10:26 PM
UR is going from NR in my poll to... jeez... at least top 20, probably top 15. They are winning on the field. That's what matters to me. I wish I noticed them sooner.

Maroon&White
October 29th, 2005, 10:52 PM
Wait a second...Tutt is good at QB??? Who would have thought that...

charliej
October 29th, 2005, 11:20 PM
Thanks for noticing. Richmond was picked by most to finish 5th in the A10 South and by some to finish last.

We have essentially a team full of underclassmen along with Tutt. Tutt has limitless athletic ability but has been criticized for poor preparation. He was beat out in summer camp by a true freshman and moved to WR. He & Clawson apparantly had a meeting after the second game and Tutt committed to improving his film study and other committments to be a better QB. He has been a different player recently. No one ever doubted his running ability but his game study has allowed him to better find people in the offense. He has a cannon but limited accuracy. Out of high school everyone (read UVA & Tech along with some others) wanted him to play safety. He wanted to play QB and went to Richmond to run the triple option.

They had an interview w/Tutt on In the Trenches this week.He said he didn't decide to play football in college untill his senior year of HS,he was planning to play basketball. He also said he enjoyed playing WR,but Clawson felt he needed to be behind center after game two.

Richmond is certainly playing well & consistant right now,game w/William & Mary is going to be a big one.

Spider
October 30th, 2005, 10:26 AM
Big, fast, strong armed. All he needs is a team around him. ;) :D
you evidently didn't see the UD game. You boys got taken 'out behind the wood shed' for a good whippin........

DTSpider
October 30th, 2005, 11:38 AM
I guess I should have included that his recruiting was during his year at Fork Union. I believe that part of his UR decision also may have been to have the chance to play basketball. He played two years ago and last year was rumored to have wanted to play. Rumor has it Clawson told him that if he played basketball than he wouldn't be prepared enough to be a starter this year.

blukeys
October 30th, 2005, 11:53 AM
you evidently didn't see the UD game. You boys got taken 'out behind the wood shed' for a good whippin........

You missed my point. I didn't say that he didn't have a team around him. I said all that one needs with a great talent like Tutt is a solid team and you can go far.

Lafalumni29
October 30th, 2005, 09:50 PM
I said earlier this year that Richmond may be the most talented team LC wil play this year & caught flack from the "mightier than all" Lehigh contingent. I just hope my other predictions come true !!!!

footballer23
October 30th, 2005, 10:06 PM
Richmond is definately doing better than I thought they would.