PDA

View Full Version : App State vs Chatt

Purple Knight
October 29th, 2005, 05:20 PM
It's a close game but Chatt has it's hands full playing ASU and the Ref's too. Home refereeing at its best

AppState
October 29th, 2005, 05:52 PM
Have a nice day.

ericappstate
October 29th, 2005, 06:19 PM
Home refereeing at its best

Kinda like a pass interference call that sticks out from this year?

Even alot of your players were saying that it was bogus.

ASU Kep
October 29th, 2005, 06:37 PM
We sleptwalked through that one...

chattanoogamocs
October 29th, 2005, 06:49 PM
c'mon now...APPsolutely no credit for the Mocs coming up and playing a tough game? ...undermanned to boot.

Of course, I guess that is what App fans will have to say to back up their boasts that they were going to hang 60 on the Mocs today.

ASU Kep
October 29th, 2005, 07:04 PM
ok, ok...ya'll played a great game of football. I was pretty surprised with how well your defense stepped up and stopped the run. Considering all thats been going on, I really didn't think ya'll were going to hang in til the end of the first quarter. Congrats I guess, and best of luck.

Catmendue2
October 30th, 2005, 12:22 AM
ok, ok...ya'll played a great game of football. I was pretty surprised with how well your defense stepped up and stopped the run. Considering all thats been going on, I really didn't think ya'll were going to hang in til the end of the first quarter. Congrats I guess, and best of luck.

The fact of the matter is ASU aint all that. Because some folks over here thinks that you are it doesn't mean much to rest of us. :eek:

ASU Kep
October 30th, 2005, 01:10 AM
when you beat us, talk s--t. until then, I would recommend you stay outta richie's way. catmendue? sounds like a western fan to me. guess we'll see nov. 12th. think you got what it takes to end the streak? I doubt it.

youwouldno
October 30th, 2005, 02:24 AM
App gave up a lot of rushing yards. They were too much better than UTC not to overcome that, but in the playoffs a strong rushing team presumably would match up better against App than a W&M or Montana State. Just something to think about when the bracket comes out, assuming App takes out their remaining I-AA foes.

DotCat
October 30th, 2005, 08:30 AM
when you beat us, talk s--t. until then, I would recommend you stay outta richie's way. catmendue? sounds like a western fan to me. guess we'll see nov. 12th. think you got what it takes to end the streak? I doubt it.

Williams is over hyped and I think the majority of people know this. He's the reason you guys don't have th jug right now. He tried to get Fowlkes all the records against the Catamounts last season instead of winning the football game, and I appreciate it. As for Nov. 12th, if our Defense plays ironman football, we might win as our offense is, well I'm not sure what our offense is.

appst89
October 30th, 2005, 10:26 AM
Williams is over hyped and I think the majority of people know this. He's the reason you guys don't have th jug right now. He tried to get Fowlkes all the records against the Catamounts last season instead of winning the football game, and I appreciate it. As for Nov. 12th, if our Defense plays ironman football, we might win as our offense is, well I'm not sure what our offense is.

Richie may be a lot of things, but overhyped isn't one of them. He's as good as any 1-AA QB I've ever seen. The reason we don't have the jug rests squarely on the shoulders of the coaches. It wasn't Williams trying to call plays to get records for Fowlkes, it was the coaches and they cost us a game we should have won. Frankly, I don't see how anyone could look at what Richie has done and say, with a straight face, that he is overhyped.

ronpayne
October 30th, 2005, 02:41 PM
AppState got off to a slow start, and UTC did play suprisingly well, but after Coach Moore chewed their tails at halftime, it was a done deal. Not a stellar performance, but a W in the win/loss column, and on Tuesday when the polls are released, thats more important....

More importantly, WCU won't be able to stop ASU this year. Yeah, right. Someone above mentioned the lack of ability to stop the running game, so they must have missed the GSU and Wofford games - both very strong running games (GSU was avg'g nearly 400 yrd/game and most of it on the ground) and we stopped BOTH teams, blowing GSU out 24-7. Aside from that, WCU can't win the jug in Kidd Brewer for about 3 reasons. 1) It's ASU and we rock this year; 2)The home crowd in Kidd Brewer is a strong reason that ASU has lost VERY few home games; 3)ASU has a better band, and better bands make stronger football teams by keeping the fans in the game (ok, so the band doesn't score any touchdowns, but I was in the band and I teach band, so I'm VERY bias. Pardon me, thanks :) )

Lastly, I just wanted to go on record that I think ASU is under-ranked this year, but its ok because last year I felt we were over-ranked. Richie is doing great this year, the team is smoking and I think we'll go into at least round two of the playoffs, or maybe round three. If App can fire on all cylinders every game and keep some home field advantage, I could see them going all the way, but I would concede that is less likely.

So, in closing, WCU better watch out, App is mowing the grass and the kitties need to be put inside for their own safety. Go Apps!

Me

OL FU
October 30th, 2005, 03:38 PM
Richie may be a lot of things, but overhyped isn't one of them. He's as good as any 1-AA QB I've ever seen. The reason we don't have the jug rests squarely on the shoulders of the coaches. It wasn't Williams trying to call plays to get records for Fowlkes, it was the coaches and they cost us a game we should have won. Frankly, I don't see how anyone could look at what Richie has done and say, with a straight face, that he is overhyped.

Williams is a hell of a QB! Period.

ASU Kep
October 30th, 2005, 06:27 PM
He's got his own OFFICIAL fan group now at ASU. Richie Williams = big time.

AppStateSVX
October 30th, 2005, 06:55 PM

your QB shares this title as well!

Appdad
October 30th, 2005, 07:05 PM
c'mon now...APPsolutely no credit for the Mocs coming up and playing a tough game? ...undermanned to boot.

Of course, I guess that is what App fans will have to say to back up their boasts that they were going to hang 60 on the Mocs today.

The Mocs played with such determination. They have a great coaching staff and their players displayed great character. They rose to the occasion and gave a superb performance! I was proud of and happy for them. I am certain that I will use their pluck, hard work and intestinal fortitude as examples for a long long time!

SoCon48
October 31st, 2005, 08:45 AM
It's a close game but Chatt has it's hands full playing ASU and the Ref's too. Home refereeing at its best

Chatt benefitted from no call after no call.

Black and Gold Express
October 31st, 2005, 08:53 AM
Williams is over hyped and I think the majority of people know this. He's the reason you guys don't have th jug right now.

Proof that you don't have to be smart to be a Kitty fan.

SoCon48
October 31st, 2005, 12:19 PM

App had 8 penalties. Chatt had 6.
Nuff said.

soweagle
October 31st, 2005, 12:42 PM
Williams over hyped? You have got to be kidding me. He is the most dangerous qb in the SoCon and possibly all of I-AA. WCU's defense was over hyped.

GSUhooligan
October 31st, 2005, 12:46 PM

Yeah, but after LSU gets done with him, he won't know which way is up and will be in no condition to lead a football team to victory in a rivalry game. If I was App. I'd substitute my O-Line for a brick wall or something. I hope he comes out alright, I hate to see folks get hurt, but those LSU folks are BIG.

SoCon48
October 31st, 2005, 02:33 PM
Yeah, but after LSU gets done with him, he won't know which way is up and will be in no condition to lead a football team to victory in a rivalry game. If I was App. I'd substitute my O-Line for a brick wall or something. I hope he comes out alright, I hate to see folks get hurt, but those LSU folks are BIG.

Based on the GSU-ASU game, LSU would rip the whole damn GSU team a new one in the first quarter.

GSU sure didn't do any damage to Williams.

ASU Kep
October 31st, 2005, 03:22 PM
Yah, this LSU trip is scaring me a bit, I have to admit. I'm one of those guys that feel you should play every game to win (thus keeping our starters in until we are down at least 3 scores) but man oh man I hope our O-Line especialy eats their Wheaties before that one. They'll need em. On the plus side, they've been pretty dominate against pretty good I-AA teams. And hey, nobody sees the "biggest upset...EVER" coming, because if they did, it probably wouldn't be the "biggest upset...EVER." Not that I'm calling the "biggest upset...EVER" because doing so would therefore eliminate any chances of the "biggest upset...EVER" taking place this Sat. All in all though, Saturday will be a helluva a day is GSU beats Furman and all Mountaineers walk outta Tiger Stadium intact, whether or not any sort of "biggest upset...EVER" had just taken place there or elsewhere. I'M NOT SAYING WE ARE GOING TO BEAT LSU...right?

I say this Sat. we App fans tip our hats to our CCU counterparts and do what they do best: well...talk s--t, AND believe in your team despite seemingly insurmountable odds. You never know...

Just one last thing: Richie > JaMarcus. And I'm not kidding. GO MOUNTAINEERS!

GSUhooligan
October 31st, 2005, 07:12 PM
Based on the GSU-ASU game, LSU would rip the whole damn GSU team a new one in the first quarter.

GSU sure didn't do any damage to Williams.

They probably would. All I was saying is I hope Richie comes out OK or else the Old Mountain Jug will stay at Western.

SoCon48
October 31st, 2005, 07:33 PM
They probably would. All I was saying is I hope Richie comes out OK or else the Old Mountain Jug will stay at Western.

No one wants anything to happen to Richie as he has been one of the best ever to play at App and deserves to show how far he can take the Apps this year.
However, many of us after seeing Elder take over in the 4th quarter vs Wofford aren't afraid to put him up against most of the SoCon.

SoCon48
October 31st, 2005, 07:36 PM
Yah, this LSU trip is scaring me a bit, I have to admit. I'm one of those guys that feel you should play every game to win (thus keeping our starters in until we are down at least 3 scores) but man oh man I hope our O-Line especialy eats their Wheaties before that one. They'll need em. On the plus side, they've been pretty dominate against pretty good I-AA teams. And hey, nobody sees the "biggest upset...EVER" coming, because if they did, it probably wouldn't be the "biggest upset...EVER." Not that I'm calling the "biggest upset...EVER" because doing so would therefore eliminate any chances of the "biggest upset...EVER" taking place this Sat. All in all though, Saturday will be a helluva a day is GSU beats Furman and all Mountaineers walk outta Tiger Stadium intact, whether or not any sort of "biggest upset...EVER" had just taken place there or elsewhere. I'M NOT SAYING WE ARE GOING TO BEAT LSU...right?

I say this Sat. we App fans tip our hats to our CCU counterparts and do what they do best: well...talk s--t, AND believe in your team despite seemingly insurmountable odds. You never know...

Just one last thing: Richie > JaMarcus. And I'm not kidding. GO MOUNTAINEERS!

Not looking for an upset, but I'll bet ASU won't get the worst beating on LSU's schedule this year. Take North Texas Saturday for example. :cool:

blueballs
November 1st, 2005, 07:46 AM
No one wants anything to happen to Richie as he has been one of the best ever to play at App and deserves to show how far he can take the Apps this year.

This GSU booster agrees with that statement. :nod:

AppGuy04
November 1st, 2005, 07:51 AM
However, many of us after seeing Elder take over in the 4th quarter vs Wofford aren't afraid to put him up against most of the SoCon.

maybe i'm being optimistic, but its not the SoCon games I am worried about, its that bracket of 16

SoCon48
November 1st, 2005, 11:52 AM
maybe i'm being optimistic, but its not the SoCon games I am worried about, its that bracket of 16
Well, yeah!

atlGAmocs
November 2nd, 2005, 10:53 AM
I walked into Kidd Brewer thinking that Mocs had no chance. I walked out disappointed that UTC didn't win. Eldra Buckley doesn't fumble before the half and we may be talking about the biggest win for Chattanooga in twenty years. That being said I came away impressed with Appalachain State, especially #7. That kid can flat out play. I am also encouraged about the future of UTC football.

I could not believe the atmosphere in Boone. I am used to Chattanooga where half the city probably couldn't name a single player on the team. Everyone in Boone was wearing black and yellow and was truly excited about the game. Fans were terrific, except students but I wouldn't want it any other way. I wish our students would even show up let alone give the vistors a little grief. I hope you guys will be around in two years so that I can make another trip up the mountain.

OL FU
November 2nd, 2005, 11:00 AM
I realize there is no way to stop worrying about injuries in a game like this. ASU has played as many if not more I-A's than Furman. But my recollection is that Furman has typically come out of the I-A games better injury wise than many I-AA games. Last year was the exception, but last year a Big East team was watching its season go down the tubes. I am not comparing Pitt to LSU. Furman has played Florida, Florida States and others who are comparable. Last year was the only time I remember getting beat up (injury wise) in a I-A game.

SoCon48
November 2nd, 2005, 01:25 PM
I realize there is no way to stop worrying about injuries in a game like this. ASU has played as many if not more I-A's than Furman. But my recollection is that Furman has typically come out of the I-A games better injury wise than many I-AA games. Last year was the exception, but last year a Big East team was watching its season go down the tubes. I am not comparing Pitt to LSU. Furman has played Florida, Florida States and others who are comparable. Last year was the only time I remember getting beat up (injury wise) in a I-A game.

You may be right about the injuries. I'm sure I missed many injury reports through the years, but the last major one I recall in a I-A game was decades ago when S Carolina racked up a couple of key ASU players.

On the otherhand, I seem to recall WCU putting out some key players belonging to maybe Bama and LSU. Could be wrong about which teams, though.

ASU Kep
November 2nd, 2005, 03:01 PM
If I recall, didn't we beat South Carolina? I know the other SEC team we've faced was Auburn and we DAMN near beat them (22-17...or 15...I don't remember)...anyways, maybe our streak of at least decent showings will continue...

soweagle
November 2nd, 2005, 03:04 PM
You may be right about the injuries. I'm sure I missed many injury reports through the years, but the last major one I recall in a I-A game was decades ago when S Carolina racked up a couple of key ASU players.

On the otherhand, I seem to recall WCU putting out some key players belonging to maybe Bama and LSU. Could be wrong about which teams, though.

I think Alabama's QB ended his season last year with an injury against WCU.

SoCon48
November 2nd, 2005, 03:21 PM
I think Alabama's QB ended his season last year with an injury against WCU.

You're right. Brodie Croyle, according to the Catamount Pride MB.