PDA

View Full Version : Portland State/Montana

JALMOND
October 29th, 2005, 02:21 PM
Woke up right before the game. Comcast having "technical difficulties" in getting the signal for the game. Listening to the radio...

UM 3 and out punts.
PSU one first down then stalls.

10:10 1st

PSU 0
UM 0

JALMOND
October 29th, 2005, 02:34 PM
UM---Hilliard 1 yd TD run completes an 83 yd drive. PAT good.

4:53 1st

UM 7
PSU 0

Tod
October 29th, 2005, 02:35 PM
Griz 1st and goal on the one...Lex goes airborn and just squeeks in...PAT is...good. 7-0 Griz as the 1st winds down.

Tod
October 29th, 2005, 02:35 PM
UM---Hilliard 1 yd TD run completes an 83 yd drive. PAT good.

4:53 1st

UM 7
PSU 0

Hey, Jalmond, how's it going? Good luck today. :) :)

JALMOND
October 29th, 2005, 02:42 PM
UM---Harris 74-yd punt return for TD. PAT good

3:14 1st

UM 14
PSU 0

Still no TV signal in the Portland area. Have to think this would not happen if the Ducks were playing.

SeattleGriz
October 29th, 2005, 02:43 PM
Is anyone else having difficulties with the mtgriz.com feed? The video just keeps stopping on me?

Did get to see the punt return though.

Tod
Is anyone else having difficulties with the mtgriz.com feed? The video just keeps stopping on me?

Did get to see the punt return though.

No, mine is fine.

JALMOND
Hey, Jalmond, how's it going? Good luck today. :) :)

Thanks. We're in a hole right now. Never want to fall too far behind at Wash-Griz. Vikings need to wake up.

Good luck to the Griz, too.

JALMOND
October 29th, 2005, 02:51 PM
End of the 1st

UM 14
PSU 0

Vikings driving, tho. Ball on UM 15

JALMOND
October 29th, 2005, 02:57 PM
PSU--FG try good 30-yd.

UM 14
PSU 3

about 13.5 mins left 2nd

Drive stalled due to penalties. Vikings need to just settle down and play football. Too many penalties so far.

JALMOND
October 29th, 2005, 03:14 PM
Teams trading punts, no sustained drives.

8:19 2nd

UM 14
PSU 3.

JALMOND
October 29th, 2005, 03:26 PM
UM--FG try good. 36 yards.

UM 17
PSU 3

3.5 mins left 2nd

JALMOND
October 29th, 2005, 03:28 PM
INT Griz---Smith picked off, UM ball PSU 26.

3:16 left 2nd

UM 17
PSU 3

JALMOND
October 29th, 2005, 03:32 PM
Griz 4 and 2 on PSU 4. Time Griz 23 seconds left 2nd

UM 17
PSU 3

JALMOND
October 29th, 2005, 03:34 PM
Hilliard First Down Griz

17 seconds 2nd

Griz 17,
Vikes 3

1st and goal from the one.

JALMOND
October 29th, 2005, 03:41 PM
UM---Hilliard 1yd TD. PAT good.

PSU hail mary time from PSU 41. Prayers not answered.

UM 24
PSU 3

Halftime

JALMOND
October 29th, 2005, 04:22 PM
PSU opening drive---missed FG

UM FG 47 yard good.

UM 27
PSU 3

5 mins left 3rd

JALMOND
October 29th, 2005, 04:32 PM
End of 3rd

UM 27
PSU 3

PSU just converted 4 and 15 to get the ball to UM 1.

JALMOND
October 29th, 2005, 04:39 PM
PSU---Smith 1 yd TD. 2 pt conversion-no good

14 mins left 4th

UM 27
PSU 9

JALMOND
October 29th, 2005, 04:47 PM
PSU holds UM on downs...PSU ball on PSU 26.

11:40 left 4th

UM 27
PSU 9

JALMOND
October 29th, 2005, 05:01 PM
Waller and Washington in for UM now.

About 7 mins left 4th

UM 27
PSU 9

DaGriz
October 29th, 2005, 05:07 PM
I'm gald we were able to keep Rubin in check. He's a stud.

AZGrizFan
October 29th, 2005, 05:08 PM
Waller and Washington in for UM now.

About 7 mins left 4th

UM 27
PSU 9

UM - 30
PSU - 9

Total domination in all facets of the game!!! Can't wait til 11/19! Tod--See you in Flag next Saturday! We're traveling up 18 strong to watch the Griz manhandle the Lumberjokes... :nod: :nod:

JALMOND
October 29th, 2005, 05:14 PM
PSU---Bodiford TD pass from Smith. PAT good

2:03 left 4th

UM 30
PSU 16

onside kick coming...

JALMOND
October 29th, 2005, 05:20 PM
UM TD Brady Green-16yd run PAT good

1 min left 4th

UM 37
PSU 16

isn't this game over yet...

AZGrizFan
October 29th, 2005, 05:21 PM
UM TD Brady Green-16yd run PAT good

1 min left 4th

UM 37
PSU 16

isn't this game over yet...

Hang in there JALMOND...the pain is almost done. Although, i'm sure your allegience is somewhat torn...

JALMOND
October 29th, 2005, 05:29 PM
FINAL

UM 37
PSU 16

Good game, Montana. Vikings did not play like a playoff team today. No plays, no poise, no win. Can't see us with even a shot at the playoffs after this game. We laid an egg.

Tod
October 29th, 2005, 05:59 PM
PSU got some unlucky breaks with a few key turnovers, sacks, penalties, Montana special teams play, etc. While I can't say the game was closer than it appeared, PSU outgained Montana in this game 349 to 323 yards. PSU is the real deal. Good game.

grizbeer
October 29th, 2005, 07:18 PM
FINAL

UM 37
PSU 16

Good game, Montana. Vikings did not play like a playoff team today. No plays, no poise, no win. Can't see us with even a shot at the playoffs after this game. We laid an egg.Portland State is a good team, and I know this will sound strange after playing EWU, MSU and UM, but I think PSU might still have the tough part of the BSC schedule ahead of them with ISU and WSU. No disrespect to PSU, but I don't think they will beat either of those teams, and WSU will finish in either a tie for the BSC title at 5-2 or at worst (if the Griz win out) a tie for 2nd.

I guess my point is don't be down on your boys if they lose out, the BSC is tough this year, and PSU might have over-scheduled to have any chance at a post season.

elkmcc
October 29th, 2005, 07:32 PM
PSU got some unlucky breaks with a few key turnovers, sacks, penalties, Montana special teams play, etc. While I can't say the game was closer than it appeared, PSU outgained Montana in this game 349 to 323 yards. PSU is the real deal. Good game.

With all due respect Tod, I was at the game. PSU received the benefit of very poor refereeing and several infractions by PSU that were missed or flat out ignored by the ref's resulted in continuation of drives that ended in lots of yardage and points for the Vikings. The final score in no way reflected how badly Montana beat these jokers. IMO, PSU gave the Griz the weakest showing of all 8 opponents to date this year. The score could very easily ended up 50+ to singe digits. PSU stunk it up today and were totally outclassed by the Griz. Not only that but this team put up 44 on the bobcats just 2 weeks ago.

GrizSweeper
October 29th, 2005, 07:38 PM
anyone know how Cole is doing, we were coming back into town and lost radio reception right after he got hit and had to go out, just want to make sure it's nothing serious

Tod
October 29th, 2005, 07:38 PM
With all due respect Tod, I was at the game. PSU received the benefit of very poor refereeing and several infractions by PSU that were missed or flat out ignored by the ref's resulted in continuation of drives that ended in lots of yardage and points for the Vikings. The final score in no way reflected how badly Montana beat these jokers. IMO, PSU gave the Griz the weakest showing of all 8 opponents to date this year. The score could very easily ended up 50+ to singe digits. PSU stunk it up today and were totally outclassed by the Griz. Not only that but this team put up 44 on the bobcats just 2 weeks ago.

Even if I agreed with you, which I don't, I wouldn't post that diatribe here. I respect PSU and think they played a hard game. At least take this to the smack board, because it is a very unfavorable opinion, not a fact.

JALMOND
October 29th, 2005, 07:46 PM

Hard to imagine that "poor refereeing" continued drives for us. 16 points is not a helluva lot of points and one touchdown came in the final moments of the game. All other aspects of the game were pretty equal except for the score. Are you sure, elk, that you watched the same game?

That said, it was by far our worse performance all year, even worse than in Cheney. Say what you want (crowd noise, refereeing, whatever), we did get beat and we got beat by a damn fine team. All the parity around nationwide and this is not the time to lay an egg (which we did).

DaGriz
October 29th, 2005, 08:03 PM
anyone know how Cole is doing, we were coming back into town and lost radio reception right after he got hit and had to go out, just want to make sure it's nothing serious

They said he could have gone back in.They were just giving Washington some playing time.

GrizSweeper
October 29th, 2005, 08:04 PM
good to hear, thanks

GrizFoo
October 29th, 2005, 08:43 PM
I thought the refs were way better than the past two games.

GRZZ
October 29th, 2005, 09:08 PM
While I don't agree with the post completely bashing the refs, I still think that refs in the Big Sky are embarassing. ON that last drive, the PSU receiver stepped out at the nine and they marked it at the five, then on the play before they scored a TD the receiver was clearly down at the two yard line, but they gave it to him at about the half inch line because he kept on stretching after the play. There were also quiet a few holding penalties missed. I just wish that there was more consistency from one week to the next because some weeks they call things constantly and other weeks players get away with everything.

GrizSweeper
October 29th, 2005, 09:28 PM
all missed calls aside, this is a huge win for the griz, playoff chances are now looking a whole lot better

DaGriz
October 29th, 2005, 10:49 PM
I just wish that there was more consistency from one week to the next because some weeks they call things constantly and other weeks players get away with everything.

They are consistent, they are constantly bad.

UNHknowledge
October 29th, 2005, 10:51 PM
This is a very good looking win for the Griz...I had stated that they weren't nearly as good as last years team but now I realize that its silly to ever doubt a Montana team. Looks like Lex and the Griz have found their stride...good luck the rest of the way Montana and I hope to see you guys in the playoffs for a rematch.

elkmcc
October 30th, 2005, 12:05 AM
Even if I agreed with you, which I don't, I wouldn't post that diatribe here. I respect PSU and think they played a hard game. At least take this to the smack board, because it is a very unfavorable opinion, not a fact.

The only smack I am seeing is yours toward me Tod. As I repsectfully stated, I was at the game Tod. I knew you were not. Just because you thought PSU played a "hard game" doesn't make what I said smack and certainly does not make your opinion any more cerebral than my opinion. Who elected you moderator in the first place? Get off your high horse there pal, you don't look good on it.

Perhaps I might have used the word pretender but if refering to PSU as "jokers" hurts your feelings you certainly would not have liked what the the Montana fans in front of me were calling the Viking blocker that literally tackled Murphy from behind as he was closing in on sacking Smith, right in front of us in the NEZ. To add insult to injury (yes, Murphy was hurt) no flag was thrown on this 3'rd and 15 play which ended in a long drive and 7 of PSU's 16 points. Yea, some of PSU's play was cheap and the reffing was some of the worst I've seen in Wa/Griz (and I go to all of the games).

The fact is PSU was hyped to be tough competition and they were not. The fact is The Griz handled the Vikes from the git go.

In the future I would appreciate it if you refrain from playing moderator at my expense. Maybe some day you will take me up on my offer to come and watch the Griz in person. There is a lot that happens at the games that isn't necessarily seen on the tube.

elkmcc
October 30th, 2005, 10:00 AM
Tod:

Take note of some other Griz fans opinions of PSU's sportsmanship (or lack of)yesterday.PSU's Sportsmanship (http://www.egriz.com/GrizBoard/viewtopic.php?t=11135&sid=8a413647a31eaaac8086d9ec389c0d6e)

JALMOND
October 30th, 2005, 02:02 PM
The only smack I am seeing is yours toward me Tod. As I repsectfully stated, I was at the game Tod. I knew you were not. Just because you thought PSU played a "hard game" doesn't make what I said smack and certainly does not make your opinion any more cerebral than my opinion. Who elected you moderator in the first place? Get off your high horse there pal, you don't look good on it.

Perhaps I might have used the word pretender but if refering to PSU as "jokers" hurts your feelings you certainly would not have liked what the the Montana fans in front of me were calling the Viking blocker that literally tackled Murphy from behind as he was closing in on sacking Smith, right in front of us in the NEZ. To add insult to injury (yes, Murphy was hurt) no flag was thrown on this 3'rd and 15 play which ended in a long drive and 7 of PSU's 16 points. Yea, some of PSU's play was cheap and the reffing was some of the worst I've seen in Wa/Griz (and I go to all of the games).

The fact is PSU was hyped to be tough competition and they were not. The fact is The Griz handled the Vikes from the git go.

In the future I would appreciate it if you refrain from playing moderator at my expense. Maybe some day you will take me up on my offer to come and watch the Griz in person. There is a lot that happens at the games that isn't necessarily seen on the tube.

You won the damn game!!!! What more do you want??? I admit you were the better team. You won the game. Refereeing was bad on both sides (maybe), but you were the better team. I don't know what else you want from us.

JALMOND
October 30th, 2005, 02:14 PM
Tod:

Take note of some other Griz fans opinions of PSU's sportsmanship (or lack of)yesterday.PSU's Sportsmanship (http://www.egriz.com/GrizBoard/viewtopic.php?t=11135&sid=8a413647a31eaaac8086d9ec389c0d6e)

I suggest you look at that link again. Sounds like there was poor sportsmanship all around (I liked the example of Doba at USC). It really is no secret that Griz fans treat the fans of other teams a helluva lot better than they treat the teams themselves. Still, the great teams rise above adversary like that and stay focused on the game. What goes on by fans at Wash-Griz really is no different from what goes on at Autzen. Like I posted at the end of the game "no plays, no poise, no win." We lost our poise, we lost the game.

JALMOND
October 30th, 2005, 04:40 PM

In reading the recap from the Oregonian, the Billings Gazette and the Missoulian, no coaches or players from either side even remotely suggested foul play or cheap shots by the other team. I think you need to come down from the stands and look at what happens more objectively.

Your "fact" of Montana taking care of Portland State from the "git go" is false as well. Look at the stats...

First Downs 19-18 UM
Rushing yards 150-143 PSU (Rubin 101, Hilliard 75)
Passing yards 199-180 PSU
Return yards 175-158 UM (including Harris 75-yd punt return)
Time of Poss 32:18-27:42 UM

and the only stat that really matters---UM 37, PSU 16.

Your arguement does not wash, elk. You won the game. Congrats.