PDA

View Full Version : It just won't stop...

ChickenMan
October 28th, 2005, 05:53 PM
UD loses 4th WR to a season ending injury....

Going into '05... WR seemed to be UD's strongest position... as they had four SRs starters returning. But prior to the start of the year they lost one to a university infraction (Long) and the another to a season ending knee injury (Boler). Last week vs JMU they lost another (Bleymaire) and this week in practice the last (Ingram). I've been watching UD football a long time... but I have never seen a year with this many injuries... particularly season ending injuries. UD will now have to go the remainer of the year with a WR corp completely composed of freshmen. They say things tend to even out... hopefully that process will begin soon.

blukeys
October 28th, 2005, 06:01 PM
Only 200 + receptions from that crew. I heard that Joey Bleymeyer's spleen had to be removed as it began to hemorrage the other day. In addition he has 2 broken ribs and pneumonnia.

I hate to see guys who have worked so hard for 4 years with hopes for an exceptional senior year lose it like this. We all know that injuries are a part of the game every team gets them but the personal toll on the players and their disappointment at ending their careers in this manner can't be measured.

Ingram in particular had been great in the clutch this year and his photo in ESPN magazine was great.

JMU2004
October 28th, 2005, 06:21 PM
JMU experienced a lot of the same from 2000-2003...every day a new injury. Heck, even this year has seen some crucial players go down.

the injury bug is cyclical, or so it seems.

Still, to be at 4-3 with those kind of losses, UD has to be happy with their young guys. I know I was impressed

blukeys
October 28th, 2005, 06:33 PM
JMU experienced a lot of the same from 2000-2003...every day a new injury. Heck, even this year has seen some crucial players go down.

the injury bug is cyclical, or so it seems.

Still, to be at 4-3 with those kind of losses, UD has to be happy with their young guys. I know I was impressed

You got a point there. If you had told me that we would have lost our best 4 wideouts plus another 13 players to season ending injuries not to mention the guys out for 3 or 4 games here and there I would have given away my season tickets to the Boy's and Girl's Clubs!!! :( :(

DTSpider
October 28th, 2005, 06:54 PM
[QUOTE=blukeys]Only 200 + receptions from that crew. I heard that Joey Bleymeyer's spleen had to be removed as it began to hemorrage the other day. In addition he has 2 broken ribs and pneumonnia.[QUOTE]

Wow. Hope that he gets better soon. Sounds like terrible news.

rcny46
October 28th, 2005, 09:05 PM
Only 200 + receptions from that crew. I heard that Joey Bleymeyer's spleen had to be removed as it began to hemorrage the other day. In addition he has 2 broken ribs and pneumonnia.

I hate to see guys who have worked so hard for 4 years with hopes for an exceptional senior year lose it like this. We all know that injuries are a part of the game every team gets them but the personal toll on the players and their disappointment at ending their careers in this manner can't be measured.

Ingram in particular had been great in the clutch this year and his photo in ESPN magazine was great.

I'd just like to offer up,for what it is worth,my sincere wishes for a speedy and complete recovery for Joey Bleymeyer.

Jaxhen
October 28th, 2005, 09:31 PM
I'd just like to offer up,for what it is worth,my sincere wishes for a speedy and complete recovery for Joey Bleymeyer.

Thanks rcny, we've all been praying for him. He's been a solid, reliable player for the Hens over the years, but most important he's a great kid.

WMTribe90
October 28th, 2005, 09:34 PM
Ditto, I hate news like this. Especailly when its involves seniors in therir last year. Not the way to end a career. Though, having an NC ring should ease the pain in years to come. Best wishes for speedy recoveries.