PDA

View Full Version : App St. Fans

mcveyrl
September 5th, 2008, 11:41 AM
Yea, I know, another app thread.

I live about an hour and a half from Boone (on the other side of the mountain). From Oct. 4 to Nov. 1, there are no JMU home games to go to and I have a feeling I'm going to start to miss live football and tailgating.

Three questions (one with two subparts):

1. What's App's home schedule during that stretch?
2. Do I have a chance of getting tickets?
3. How? How much should I expect to pay?

Mountaineer
September 5th, 2008, 11:47 AM
Oct. 4th is Homecoming (The Citadel)
Oct. 25th is Black Saturday (Furman)
Oct. 31st is Halloween on ESPN2 (Wofford)

All reserved seats are gone. There will probably be grass seating available. And depending on how many people jump off the bandwagon you may find folks out front selling reserved seats as well. xnodx

Tickets are $27 according to TicketReturn (https://www.ticketreturn.com/).

Can also call the ticket office at 828-262-2079, Mon. - Fri. 9 to 4.

IndianaAppMan
September 5th, 2008, 11:58 AM
For the record, all the whiners about too many App threads:

From mcveyrl, a JMU fan:

I live about an hour and a half from Boone (on the other side of the mountain). From Oct. 4 to Nov. 1, there are no JMU home games to go to and I have a feeling I'm going to start to miss live football and tailgating.

Mountaineer
September 5th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Chill man. xlolx

I think people can tell the difference between a legit thread and the dip***** asking where people are sitting tomorrow. :p

appfan2008
September 5th, 2008, 12:04 PM
heck there are still grass spots available for tomorrow so other than homecoming(which may be tough) i am sure you can come get a ticket

IndianaAppMan
September 5th, 2008, 12:06 PM

mcveyrl,

Just go to www.goasu.com , click on the "Tickets" tab directly below the logo of Yosef's head, and you'll find the info you need, including parking, ticket prices, and availability.

Home games in that stretch include The Citadel, Furman, and Wofford (on Halloween Friday Oct. 31 on ESPN2).

Heck, if you want to come out and give support to ASU, we'll take it!

mcveyrl
September 5th, 2008, 12:20 PM
mcveyrl,

Just go to www.goasu.com , click on the "Tickets" tab directly below the logo of Yosef's head, and you'll find the info you need, including parking, ticket prices, and availability.

Home games in that stretch include The Citadel, Furman, and Wofford (on Halloween Friday Oct. 31 on ESPN2).

Heck, if you want to come out and give support to ASU, we'll take it!

Thanks, but the last sentence assumes too much.:D

AppAlum2003
September 5th, 2008, 12:23 PM

The wife might not be able to make it to Black Saturday because of Saturday Graduate class. If that's the case, I might have a ticket for you for free. I'll see when we get closer to Gameday.

AppStsGr8
September 5th, 2008, 12:24 PM
mcveryrl, if you do end up coming to Boone for a game, pm me. We'll be glad to throw more food on the grill for you. All three games in that timeframe for App will be pretty big ones for attendance, so I'd look to get tix soon.

soweagle
September 5th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Impressed that all seats are sold already.

appfan2008
September 5th, 2008, 01:28 PM

whatever you do dont wear purple... otherwise you are good...

ASUMountaineer
September 5th, 2008, 01:30 PM
mcveryrl, if you do end up coming to Boone for a game, pm me. We'll be glad to throw more food on the grill for you. All three games in that timeframe for App will be pretty big ones for attendance, so I'd look to get tix soon.

He beat me to it. Hope you can make, I know you'll have a good time if you do. We need to have an AGS get together or something in Harrisonburg.

mcveyrl
September 5th, 2008, 02:37 PM
whatever you do dont wear purple... otherwise you are good...

Yea, I'm going to the VT-Furman game tomorrow and I'm a little worried because my cornhole boards aren't finished. Right now they're all purple!!

Everybody else at my tailgate is wearing plenty of VT stuff (my sister goes there), so we should be good.

ASUMountaineer
September 5th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Yea, I'm going to the VT-Furman game tomorrow and I'm a little worried because my cornhole boards aren't finished. Right now they're all purple!!

Everybody else at my tailgate is wearing plenty of VT stuff (my sister goes there), so we should be good.

So you decided to make them yourself? Awesome (if you're not the one I had this discussion with...my bad). If so, you'll have to post them on here. I'm making some more ASU ones, but they're not going to be the field like mine. They'll have a different design. They're a lot easier to make than you think, at least they were to me.

mcveyrl
September 5th, 2008, 02:52 PM
So you decided to make them yourself? Awesome (if you're not the one I had this discussion with...my bad). If so, you'll have to post them on here. I'm making some more ASU ones, but they're not going to be the field like mine. They'll have a different design. They're a lot easier to make than you think, at least they were to me.

I did end up making them myself. I wanted the corn-filled bags and 4 foot board. I'll post when they're done.

I was thinking about going checkerboard for the design. The stencils we have are pretty wimpy...

phillyAPP
September 5th, 2008, 03:44 PM

I have extra tickets if you need them, just let me know.

And they are FREE

UNHWildCats
September 5th, 2008, 03:52 PM
one thing is apparent in this thread.....

There are some real A++++++ Appy Fans on AGS... great of you guys to offer some tailgate food and tickets to mcv!

mcveyrl
September 5th, 2008, 03:53 PM

There are some real A++++++ Appy Fans on AGS... great of you guys to offer some tailgate food and tickets to mcv!

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

mcveyrl

And they are FREE

I might wear a black t-shirt for a free ticket!

ASUMountaineer
I did end up making them myself. I wanted the corn-filled bags and 4 foot board. I'll post when they're done.

I was thinking about going checkerboard for the design. The stencils we have are pretty wimpy...

That's a good design. I helped my brother-in-law do a checker board design on his, with the top 8 inches purple and ECU across it in gold. With purple and gold squares and the "Pirates" logo on the middle square at the bottom. They came out great--I'm sure your's will too. They'll be better too doing them yourself.

Mountaineer
September 5th, 2008, 03:54 PM

xthumbsupx

Just be careful when parking your bus near the stadium. :D

ASUMountaineer
September 5th, 2008, 03:54 PM

There are some out there Travis, a few of us even post in the Lounge. xlolx

UNHWildCats
September 5th, 2008, 03:57 PM
all i know is im sooo amped up for UNH's season to start tomorrow.

UNHWildCats
September 5th, 2008, 03:58 PM
And I gotta get 411 posts before gametime tomorrow -_- ya'll might wanna stay away from the poli wing tonite :p

ERASU2113
September 5th, 2008, 04:46 PM

Ya know, students are allowed to buy two guest tickets. Even with them sold out - students can still get them I believe (the guest tickets)

If you're interested let me know. They don't open guest/student tickets till the week of the game. But I could get one of the guest tickets for you and ya could just pay me back.

It's like $12-16 price range. Not exactly sure yet if they've upped the prices but that is what they were last year.

Edit: I assume people have suggested giving ya a ticket - but this really goes out to anyone if someone is interested.

bobbythekidd
September 5th, 2008, 05:35 PM
xthumbsupx

Just be careful when parking your bus near the stadium. :D
Sage advice, unless you like COLD wind blowing through your hair on the ride out.xmadx

UNHWildCats
September 5th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Sage advice, unless you like COLD wind blowing through your hair on the ride out.xmadx
i suppose a breeze isnt a bad thing early in the season. xcoolx

proasu89
September 5th, 2008, 06:06 PM

BTK, the fresh air made the stench of that loss tolerablexsmiley_wix

Lulu
September 5th, 2008, 06:13 PM

We have tixs to all home games and aren't going to any. PM me or GreatApp if you are interested. We have 2 reserved seats in new section on 50.

appfan2008
September 5th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Ya know, students are allowed to buy two guest tickets. Even with them sold out - students can still get them I believe (the guest tickets)

If you're interested let me know. They don't open guest/student tickets till the week of the game. But I could get one of the guest tickets for you and ya could just pay me back.

It's like $12-16 price range. Not exactly sure yet if they've upped the prices but that is what they were last year.

Edit: I assume people have suggested giving ya a ticket - but this really goes out to anyone if someone is interested.

they were 20 dollars last year and those blasted things arent reserved... i tried to get 2 for my parents for family day and they were gone... my dad raised cane as did other parents and cobb opened up a few more but you had to know about it... point is you have to sign in early when they become available...

ERASU2113
September 5th, 2008, 09:39 PM
they were 20 dollars last year and those blasted things arent reserved... i tried to get 2 for my parents for family day and they were gone... my dad raised cane as did other parents and cobb opened up a few more but you had to know about it... point is you have to sign in early when they become available...

Yea I did it a couple times last year but half of the time if someone I knew was coming up I'd just give them my studetn ticket so they could get in, since I had a press pass.

Thundering_Herd
September 5th, 2008, 11:03 PM

And they are FREE

STAY CLASSY APP FANS!!!
xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx