PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to SIU

galojay
October 27th, 2005, 10:01 PM
Man... I am one disappointed Hilltopper fan. I've said on here the whole season, guard our excitement... the road only got tougher. Toppermaniac talked us up and I knew we had some challenges. SIU, you presented the challenges. You were ready for the upset... and we lacked intensity and focus.

We had TERRIBLE TERRIBLE play call... a fake punk on 15 yard line???? WHAT IS THAT? Coach has some explaining on that one.

The boys gave up after the 3rd quarter. Lerron Moore went down after the first offensive series and we found no one else to carry this team. Quarterback didn't make the passes. Two costly turnovers.

What can I say. SIU wanted it more and it shows. I knew the Toppers were suspect... and we've now been exposed. I just hope we can piece it together and make the playoffs.

skinny_uncle
October 27th, 2005, 10:15 PM
I think a couple of more wins will get you there. Hope you make it. The Salukis wanted it more or maybe needed it more. Good game.

Killsback
October 27th, 2005, 11:22 PM
It is nice to control your own destiny in the Conference. We get two extra days to prepare for YSU and we get them at the MAC. Can't wait for November 5.

inpsite1919
October 27th, 2005, 11:44 PM
Is it possible that SIU and WKU won't make the playoffs?
HAMPTON WILL MOVE TO #2 IN MOST POLLS. GO MEAC!!!!!
FURMAN #1 THAT'S THE WAY TO REPRESENT SOUTH CAROLINA.

Killsback
October 27th, 2005, 11:47 PM
If SIU wins two out of their last three games (2 of which are at home) they are in the playoffs at 8-3. Coud they be left out? Yes if they lose two of their last three.

Killsback
October 27th, 2005, 11:55 PM
Ralph, Who would get the Gateway automatic bid if four teams end up 5-2?

rabidsaluki
October 28th, 2005, 12:09 AM
ISU would since they beat us head 2 head.

rabidsaluki
October 28th, 2005, 12:11 AM
No wait a minute....

Y'town would get the autobid. ISU would technically be 2nd then SIU then WKU.

rabidsaluki
October 28th, 2005, 12:27 AM
So it would be between YSU and SIU and since SIU beat them head to head SIU would get the autobid... I think. But who among YSU, WKU and ILS get an at-large? YSU gets one because they beat both the others. Who between WKU and ILS are bubble for the third? The reason I put in the non-D-I win thing in there because the committee looks at that.

Damn Ralph, this is more confusing than an NFL playoff tiebreaker.... :D

If we beat YSU and lose to UNI, YSU loses to us and WKU, but beats UNI....

crap, screw it.... :confused:

Irregardless, I still think we have to win out. If we lose out on the autobid, the whole season actually hinges on the NDSU game.

crunifan
October 28th, 2005, 12:50 AM
Wow, there could possibly be a five way tie for the Gateway.

SIU, WKU, UNI, YSU, and ILS.

UNI beats YSU.
YSU beats WKU.
UNI beats SIU.
SIU beats YSU.

A strech I know, but that would make it so all five teams have 3 losses...

TxSt02
October 28th, 2005, 02:40 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4661

umassfan
October 28th, 2005, 04:15 AM
HAMPTON WILL MOVE TO #2 IN MOST POLLS. GO MEAC!!!!!
FURMAN #1 THAT'S THE WAY TO REPRESENT SOUTH CAROLINA.
I wouldnt make that prediction too fast... I believe whoever wins between UMass and UNH will be number 2 in the polls come monday.

inpsite1919
October 28th, 2005, 05:59 AM
I wouldnt make that prediction too fast... I believe whoever wins between UMass and UNH will be number 2 in the polls come monday.
Hampton will move up to #2 in every poll except..... You know which one..... :eek:

bluehenbillk
October 28th, 2005, 06:46 AM
Hey, I've given SIU zero credit all year long & they went to WKU last night & beat them by two scores. Congrats to the Salukis for their 1st meaningful win of the year, it'll be reflected in my poll on Monday.

Killsback
October 28th, 2005, 06:58 AM
You have to earn respect and before last night's hame we had not done very much this year despite our record. We played pretty well at WKU and maybe we have turned a corner.

skinny_uncle
October 28th, 2005, 07:31 AM
So it would be between YSU and SIU and since SIU beat them head to head SIU would get the autobid... I think. But who among YSU, WKU and ILS get an at-large? YSU gets one because they beat both the others. Who between WKU and ILS are bubble for the third? The reason I put in the non-D-I win thing in there because the committee looks at that.
:dizzy:

Happy Penguin
October 28th, 2005, 08:29 AM
Wow, what an impressive game by the Salukis. I had you guys buried after the IlSt debacle.

This is the most wide-open the Gateway has been in my memory. A lot of great games still to go.

Should be a lot of fun down the stretch.

REALBird
October 28th, 2005, 08:35 AM
Congrats to the Dawgs on their impressive road W over the Toppers! WOW! I had you guys dead and buried after the ISU loss as well, but it's nice to see Coach Kill back on the sidelines, and SIU remain a contender.

Just wondering how the committee will look at the parity in the GFC. Last year everyone caused such a big stink about the GFC's 4 bids, it's likely at least 3-4 teams could be in a position to get bids again this year. Don't think it will happen due to a bit of dare I say "E.C.B."

Oh well, this has definitely been one wild ride. Can't wait to see how things shake out in the next few weeks.

wkuhillhound
October 28th, 2005, 09:32 AM
All of this speculation is assuming that WKU loses to YSU? If WKU wins out they would get an at-large berth. WKU has also played a tougher schedule than most of the teams in a "speculative" scenario. I admit, it would be very hard for WKU to win out considering they have to play dangerous teams of Northern Iowa and Youngstown State then another 1-A Florida International to finish out the season.

GoGuins
October 28th, 2005, 09:36 AM
All of this speculation is assuming that WKU loses to YSU?

I'm definitely not assuming that because WKU owns YSU, even at the Ice Castle :spank: We will see if YSU is for real these next 3 weeks

galojay
October 28th, 2005, 09:51 AM
I'm definitely not assuming that because WKU owns YSU, even at the Ice Castle :spank: We will see if YSU is for real these next 3 weeks

This could be your year. Youngstown has the best team I think since WKU joined the Gateway. And after last night, I am not sure what we got.

Psychored
October 28th, 2005, 11:03 AM
This could be your year. Youngstown has the best team I think since WKU joined the Gateway. And after last night, I am not sure what we got.

We got SCHOOLED from the coaches on down the line! :(

Toppermaniac
October 29th, 2005, 11:12 AM
You guys obviously wanted the game more than WKU did. Here's my take on the game. First and most importantly, our punting game did us in. A blocked punt for a TD and a terrible, terrible fake punt call that failed miserably. No excuse for that one. What was the coaching staff thinking? Second, your O-line outplayed our D-line, as shown in the rushing stats. Finally, not an excuse, but without Leron Moore we didn't run the ball very well. I heard he has a separated shoulder but not sure if that's accurate of not. Would having Moore made a difference in the outcome? No one will ever know. Again, congrats on the win. I was almost 100% sure we would win this game, but on any given Saturday (or Thursday it seems)!!!!