PDA

View Full Version : CSTV I-AA Show??? Why not?

putter
October 27th, 2005, 03:54 PM
When CSTV was coming on we all thought that it would give I-AA a huge boost and while they have show I-AA games (which I personally love) I think they still cater to I-A. Why don't they have a show about I-AA? Looking at their TV schedule I think it would fit perfectly and they could replace a lot of the duplication of some other shows that they run? How could this be brought to reality?

AppGuy04
October 27th, 2005, 04:10 PM
When CSTV was coming on we all thought that it would give I-AA a huge boost and while they have show I-AA games (which I personally love) I think they still cater to I-A. Why don't they have a show about I-AA? Looking at their TV schedule I think it would fit perfectly and they could replace a lot of the duplication of some other shows that they run? How could this be brought to reality?

email them, i'm sure they have a comments section or something

blukeys
October 27th, 2005, 06:04 PM

In all honesty the outfit that has done a consistent job of promoting I-AA is Comcast thru CN-8. Within 5 years most of us will be on DSL or broadband and be able to watch these games on the internet. I really want to be able to watch Montana, McNeese, SoCon and Gateway games on the internet as CN-8 is doing now with A-10 and PL games. There is also a Lafayette network that broadcasts all of their games that would be great to put on the internet. To me CSTV has been a disappointment. They would rather do a lame MAC game than a quality I-AA game and yes we all know that we would play on Thursday nights if ESPN or anyone gives a call.

CSTV has dropped the ball time to give it to another back. ;)

rokamortis
October 27th, 2005, 07:34 PM
Fox College Sports may help fill the I-AA need as well.

The question I have about CSTV - why the hell on their website do they have 'College Football' for I-A but group I-AA with D2, D3 and NAIA?

TigerFan17
October 27th, 2005, 07:35 PM
I would love to see a Montana game...fantastic stadium and environment and it is the essence of what I-AA's should strive to be, in terms of crowd and facilities.

TigerFan17
October 27th, 2005, 07:35 PM

The question I have about CSTV - why the hell on their website do they have 'College Football' for I-A but group I-AA with D2, D3 and NAIA?

Because we're not playing college football. We're playing I-AA football. :D

Retro
October 27th, 2005, 09:14 PM

Right now, Fox college sports is just the digital cable version of some current regional fox sports stations and pretty much rebroadcasts the same stuff depending on what region you are in.. Until Fox College sports becomes a full fledged channel available coast to coast on satellite and most cable, nothing is going to change..
I think it's up to the I-AA Conference commissioners and marketing reps to solicit sponsors to pay for a I-AA only show on CSTV or ESPNU for the benefit of I-AA football as a whole.. Each conference has several sponsors and many of them are high profile enough or have enough financial stature to get it done if they were willing..

I won't be surprised to see CSTV bought out by either ESPN or Fox or even Turner within a year or then possibly turned into something worse. The folks that started CSTV are the same ones who started the Classic Sports Network, which ESPN bought and is now Espn classic of course..

eaglesrthe1
October 27th, 2005, 09:15 PM
The quality is not as good and my tivo works great with direcTV.

Perhaps not. How good was internet broadcasts 5 yrs ago? I don't think that there was any. How improved will the technology be in 5 more years? Who knows.

With monitors coming with tuners being built in, you might not be able to tell the difference on where the signal is coming from in 5 more years.

I would love to see some type of weekly "March To The Playoffs" type of show with highlights from top 25 teams.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 27th, 2005, 10:22 PM
I think it's up to the I-AA Conference commissioners and marketing reps to solicit sponsors to pay for a I-AA only show on CSTV or ESPNU for the benefit of I-AA football as a whole.. Each conference has several sponsors and many of them are high profile enough or have enough financial stature to get it done if they were willing....

I couldn't agree more. Lehigh and Lafayette produced their own TV shows, and Lehigh's show was picked up by CSTV. If NCAA/I-AA leadership decides to make and produce a TV show, I'd be willing to bet a CSTV picks it up.