PDA

View Full Version : Just read on Yahoo news that CSU and Coastal Carolina games may be postponed

Go...gate
September 2nd, 2008, 05:11 PM
Hey Coastal fans, any thought about playing us at our place and we play you a return game at Conway in the future? After what we both experienced last week, I'm sure the last thing CCU or Colgate wants is a off week. Hamilton, NY is awfully nice in the early Fall, too.

IaaScribe
September 2nd, 2008, 05:15 PM
There was some talk today of moving the game to Thursday, but that decision would have to be made very quickly so Colgate could get down to the Strand by tomorrow.

Go...gate
September 2nd, 2008, 05:17 PM
There was some talk today of moving the game to Thursday, but that decision would have to be made very quickly so Colgate could get down to the Strand by tomorrow.

First week of classes at Colgate, so it might be doable.

CarolinaGirl
September 2nd, 2008, 05:33 PM

I've heard that rumor also, along with multiple other alternatives. I would think that a decision would have been made by now, especially if the game were going to be Thursday. I'm pretty sure after last week, we both need to play this game! :(
There's a lot of speculation of what they are going to do but I don't think there's been a final answer yet. Personally, I'm hoping this hurricane just goes away and life resumes as normal. I've really been looking forward to our home opener.....on Saturday! xcoolx

CarolinaGirl
September 2nd, 2008, 06:38 PM
This just reported on our local news:

Coastal Carolina was thinking of moving its home opener up to Thursday night against Colgate, but Raiders officials did not want their student athletes to miss additional classes. As a result, CCU will play Colgate either on Saturday night at 7pm as scheduled or push the game back to Sunday afternoon at 1pm. A decision is expected sometime on Wednesday.

http://www.wpde.com/sports/sports_story.aspx?id=184528