PDA

View Full Version : Talk about a sore loser...

DSUrocks07
September 2nd, 2008, 10:32 AM
Tigers "gave" it away (http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080901/SPORTS030101/809010352/1287/SPORTS&referrer=NEWSFRONTCAROUSEL)

There was one common theme during the postgame press conference - JSU didn't think much of Hampton.

"We gave them the game," JSU coach Rick Comegy said. "I thought we could beat Hampton and I feel we can beat them. If we could play them five times, we'd beat them four. Today was their one time. ... They're not the King Kong they're perceived to be."

xconfusedx

I didn't know that Hampton is looked as a King Kong. Maybe in the past but not now (could possibly finish 4th in the MEAC this year) Looks like JSU is suffering from an inferiority complex.

Syntax Error
September 2nd, 2008, 10:35 AM
Tigers "gave" it away (http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080901/SPORTS030101/809010352/1287/SPORTS&referrer=NEWSFRONTCAROUSEL)
xconfusedx

I didn't know that Hampton is looked as a King Kong. Maybe in the past but not now (could possibly finish 4th in the MEAC this year) Looks like JSU is suffering from an inferiority complex.I think it was because of what the Hampton coach bragged about on Friday at the banquet, "this trophy belongs to us." Personally, I agree with Comegy that JSU gave away the game. JSU was the better team. xcoffeex

DSUrocks07
September 2nd, 2008, 10:57 AM
I think it was because of what the Hampton coach bragged about on Friday at the banquet, "this trophy belongs to us." Personally, I agree with Comegy that JSU gave away the game. JSU was the better team. xcoffeex

I can understand that...but I thought that the coach is supposed to be the one who can keep the team grounded on their expectations. (I've heard from a few JSU fans that this was their best team ever and they were going to run the table 12-0) If the coach feeds into that hype it could be a rough year for those Tigers. (Why does it seem that every team in the SWAC is called the Tigers?)

Tribe4SF
September 2nd, 2008, 10:57 AM
JSU had their chance to show they were the better team, and failed to do it. Comegy must have attended a Mickey Matthews PR Clinic over the Summer.:D

Appaholic
September 2nd, 2008, 10:58 AM
I think it was because of what the Hampton coach bragged about on Friday at the banquet, "this trophy belongs to us." Personally, I agree with Comegy that JSU gave away the game. JSU was the better team. xcoffeex

I agree JSU gave the game away, but those are classless comments coming from the head coach. Regardless of the circumstances of your loss, you give the other team credit, don't b!tch about your miscues.....it's OK to say that stuff in the locker room to your own team, but displays a lack of self-control when speaking to the media......perhaps this lack of control is one of the reasons they lost.......better to close your mouth and keep them guessing than to open and leave no doubt....

813Jag
September 2nd, 2008, 12:57 PM
I can understand that...but I thought that the coach is supposed to be the one who can keep the team grounded on their expectations. (I've heard from a few JSU fans that this was their best team ever and they were going to run the table 12-0) If the coach feeds into that hype it could be a rough year for those Tigers. (Why does it seem that every team in the SWAC is called the Tigers?)
That's nothing new, JSU fans always think they'll go undefeated. In the first half they had many opportunities to bust the game open, Hampton's QB looked lost at times. JSU will still be the team to beat in the East.

UDBlueLotFan
September 2nd, 2008, 08:47 PM
I agree JSU gave the game away, but those are classless comments coming from the head coach. Regardless of the circumstances of your loss, you give the other team credit, don't b!tch about your miscues.....it's OK to say that stuff in the locker room to your own team, but displays a lack of self-control when speaking to the media......perhaps this lack of control is one of the reasons they lost.......better to close your mouth and keep them guessing than to open and leave no doubt....

Agree, I was impressed with the athletics on both sides. If I was JSU's AD, the coach would be on my carpet Mon.morning!!...xnonono2x Cudos to Hampton and pulling it out.xthumbsupx