PDA

View Full Version : Upset! You heard it here first!!

Retro
October 26th, 2005, 07:33 PM
That's right, you heard it here first....

My Upset pick this week:

Nicholls State over Texas State

I picked Texas State to win conference, but i think they stumble here as they look ahead to Mcneese state next week in San Marcos.. For the sake of the Cowboys, I hope they win, but i don't feel it!

TexasTerror
October 26th, 2005, 08:19 PM
Darn it!

I thought you were gonna pick Sam over McNeese!

Would be nice if Nicholls upset the Bobcats. Would be a reality check for them and get their fans all riled up, knowing if they were to lose a second game in their remaining few, they could be sitting home again after the SLC season comes to an end...

FightinBluHen51
October 26th, 2005, 08:23 PM

My Upset pick this week:

I picked Texas State to win conference, but i think they stumble here as they look ahead to Mcneese state next week in San Marcos.. For the sake of the Cowboys, I hope they win, but i don't feel it!
Some other good ones would be Cal Poly @ UC Davis, Portland St. @ Montana, SDSU hosting GSU, Richmond @ JMU. Brown @ Penn.

Cal Poly will roll. PSU @ Montana, just ain't happening IMHO. SDSU/GSU should be a really good game (both have been in and out of the top 25 all year). Richmond is in the driver's seat of the A-10 south (along with W&M), Brown has serged this year.

My upsets...SDSU, and Richmond.

TxSt02
October 26th, 2005, 08:25 PM
:D Tx State #1 :D

Lionsrking
October 26th, 2005, 09:27 PM

My Upset pick this week:

Other than Texas State being ranked higher, I'm not so sure it would be all that big of an upset. The way Nicholls State runs the option and the fact they're at home, I think they have a good shot of winning as well. I do think Texas State has the best team in the Southland Conference but they aren't unbeatable by any means and this could be there slip up game.

Cat79
October 26th, 2005, 09:33 PM
Retro

Sorry but we will win this game.

Go Texas State!! Go Cats!!

McNeese75
October 26th, 2005, 10:38 PM
Retro

:rolleyes:

It is nice to be so confident but if the Colonels crank up that option, it could be a long bus ride home for the Cats. These are NOT small backs that are running out of their backfield if you haven't noticed.

skinny_uncle
October 27th, 2005, 07:21 AM
I'll pick the SIU Salukis over the #1 WKU Hilltoppers. That #1 jinx is about due to strike again.
:D

ChickenMan
October 27th, 2005, 09:23 AM
Villanova over W&M...

Cat79
October 27th, 2005, 10:04 AM
McNeese75

I doesn't matter what size their backs are. Our D will be ready for them. Our coach will have them ready to play.

LacesOut
October 27th, 2005, 11:24 AM
Maine over UD.

Richmond over JMU.

ChickenMan
October 27th, 2005, 12:31 PM
Maine over UD.

would that be an upset???

LacesOut
October 27th, 2005, 12:48 PM
would that be an upset???

Not sure, now that I think about it.

Who do you think is the favorite, CM??

boozeANDammo
October 27th, 2005, 01:03 PM
Villanova over W&M...

Bingo.

Lapper
October 27th, 2005, 01:17 PM
VMI over Coastal... :bang:

blackfordpu
October 27th, 2005, 01:23 PM
McNeese75

I doesn't matter what size their backs are. Our D will be ready for them. Our coach will have them ready to play.

All the coaching in the world can not stop the option when it is run correctly. It is just so hard to defend expecially if they throw in an option pass. From what I hear Nicholls St. runs the option very well. If so don't look past them, they may just run and pitch right by you.

Russ B
October 27th, 2005, 02:14 PM
Cal Poly @ UC Davis

Cal Poly will roll.

Not much of an upset if a higher ranked team beats a lower ranked team, is it?

edit: I guess the line has Davis as 1.5 point favorites...but still.

Down with the Foe!
October 27th, 2005, 03:26 PM
Davis roll's over Poly with injuries.

NOT an upset in my book

BCisforBobcatTX
October 27th, 2005, 07:16 PM
The Bailiff Factor is going to keep this game from being upset. Nichols isn't a bad team so I agree, it's a trap game but Bailiff won't let his boys look ahead. Texas State still by double digits.

bobcatfan06
October 27th, 2005, 07:27 PM
:rolleyes:

It is nice to be so confident but if the Colonels crank up that option, it could be a long bus ride home for the Cats. These are NOT small backs that are running out of their backfield if you haven't noticed.

Those are NOT small guys on Texas State's D-Line and LB'ers. We are too quick on defense to let them get alot of momentum I think. I think they will score the most points against us this year so far, but our offense will be clicking.

Spider
October 27th, 2005, 08:26 PM
Richmond over JMU.
Bingo!

smarterray
October 27th, 2005, 10:14 PM
Davis roll's over Poly with injuries.

NOT an upset in my book

Because UC Davis doesn't have any injured players this year.

skinny_uncle
October 27th, 2005, 10:16 PM
I'll pick the SIU Salukis over the #1 WKU Hilltoppers. That #1 jinx is about due to strike again.
Wow!
I got one right.

GeauxLions94
October 27th, 2005, 10:24 PM
Those are NOT small guys on Texas State's D-Line and LB'ers. We are too quick on defense to let them get alot of momentum I think. I think they will score the most points against us this year so far, but our offense will be clicking.

Has Texas State faced the option this year? It's not your father's Cadillac. Having one week to prepare for the Gulf Coast Offense after a big win at home might not be enough.

But it should be a good game. Good luck

TXST_CAT
October 27th, 2005, 11:24 PM
Has Texas State faced the option this year? It's not your father's Cadillac. Having one week to prepare for the Gulf Coast Offense after a big win at home might not be enough.

But it should be a good game. Good luck

Yes and no.
PHSU ran an option offense but not to the caliber of Nicholls. But that doesn't mean Bailiff hasn't faced this type of offense before. The objective is simple but execution will be critical. Hold them to less than 4yrds a carry and force them to pass. This will be a test on the Bobcat defense, but Bailiff will look pass no one and he will make sure the team knows exactly what they need to know to win. :cool:

inpsite1919
October 27th, 2005, 11:41 PM
SMART MAN

Down with the Foe!
October 28th, 2005, 01:02 AM
Because UC Davis doesn't have any injured players this year.

Because the Cal Poly QB is hurt...you (Davis) get to hang around and play for a "W" that you had little to no chance of winning.

Had their coach handed the ball to the backup down 9 with 28 seconds in a non league game in Montana, They would trounce you guys....

In my honest opinion.

sorry, not sure how your reference (i presume) to past years injuries have anything to do with this thread.

Again- If you beat Poly without their QB- hard to be called much of an upset.

Heck, their RB may not be 100% - we saw little of him the second half. The Griz defense is brutally physical, and continues to punish other teams players week in week out.

umassfan
October 28th, 2005, 04:02 AM
Bingo!
Richmond over JMU is not an upset in my book... the spiders are rolling and the dukes are falling fast.

JALMOND
October 28th, 2005, 12:07 PM
At the risk of being called an idiot, I'm taking VMI over Coastal. The way that Coastal has played (or not played) the last two weeks, VMI might do their former SoCon rivals a favor by knocking off the upstart Coastal squad. Coastal fans have not said anything as to how they could win, yet VMI fans seem pretty confident.

Russ B
October 28th, 2005, 12:27 PM
sorry, not sure how your reference (i presume) to past years injuries have anything to do with this thread.

He's referring to the current injuries for Davis. Starting a 4th string freshman at RB, for example. *Might* get Fells back at TE. OL isn't complete. etc etc.

Point is that while SLO may have lost their starting QB, Davis isn't running the same personnel they started the season with either.

Down with the Foe!
October 28th, 2005, 02:10 PM
He's referring to the current injuries for Davis. Starting a 4th string freshman at RB, for example. *Might* get Fells back at TE. OL isn't complete. etc etc.

Point is that while SLO may have lost their starting QB, Davis isn't running the same personnel they started the season with either.

That Cal-Poly QB is something else in that offense....... without him, I do not think that this team will be the same without him.

This from a guy who believes they are a top 5 team even after a loss to the Griz if their QB is healthy.

They are a very good team, but that offense needs that QB I think to really click. That MT/Cal Poly game was a great great victory for the Griz.

Russ B
October 28th, 2005, 02:25 PM
I don't think you'll find many Davis fans crying about SLO's QB being out, but I also don't think you'll find any that thought Davis "had no chance" before he went down. :)

Should be a killer game, regardless.

skinny_uncle
October 28th, 2005, 03:40 PM
picking your homer team is not really an upset pick. :p

from another thread:

I'll pick:
SIU-Strictly a homer pick, no excuses
MSU-I still don't think the Trees are beating anyone this year
YSU-Tough at the dome, but the Penguins are playing well
ILS-hottest team in conference right now, should win out
Why not Ralph? I admitted it to be a homer pick in another thread, but if you beat a higher ranked team (especially on the road), how is that not an upset?

Jacks99
October 28th, 2005, 03:47 PM
SDSU/GSU should be a really good game (both have been in and out of the top 25 all year). [/QUOTE]

Not sure SDSU has been in there much but they battled Montana and Cal Poly to the end and got roughed up by Texas St a bit.

Really looking forward to this home game. Should be a good crowd coming to watch the fast running GSU team. Arguably the biggest name to come to town since going I-AA last year. (Sorry Poly)

I could see an SDSU upset, but just hoping we make it a game and bounce back from the slaughter in GA last year.

ChickenMan
October 28th, 2005, 04:33 PM
Not sure, now that I think about it.

Who do you think is the favorite, CM??

UD/Maine is a tossup

smarterray
October 29th, 2005, 03:00 AM

Exactly. :)

Down with the Foe!
October 29th, 2005, 09:16 AM
I don't think you'll find many Davis fans crying about SLO's QB being out, but I also don't think you'll find any that thought Davis "had no chance" before he went down. :)

Should be a killer game, regardless.

Cal Poly has been in my top 10 for a while, and held my #1 for a few weeks.

They are a very good football team, and with that QB playing they were the best in 2005.

Now it's all a crapshoot.

Good luck,.....and yes it should be a good game, I expect Davis to win it now though, not really an upset at all.....my original point.

DTSpider
October 29th, 2005, 10:08 AM
Richmond over JMU is not an upset in my book... the spiders are rolling and the dukes are falling fast.

JMU is still at home and they are very tough on the turf. While I'll tka eyour comment as a compliment towards Richmond's improving program; a win today would be a big upset for Richmond.

Retro
October 29th, 2005, 09:51 PM
Need i say more?

Final:

Nicholls - 32
Texas State - 29

siugrad99
October 29th, 2005, 09:57 PM
Big Props to the Upset Call, you need to buy a lottery ticket :)

Aggie71
October 29th, 2005, 09:57 PM
Give it up Russ, they will never understand.

Hey did you see the red - head trombone player with the Band - uh? Wow! That'll bring the Aggie spirit out.

Sorry, Old man talking. No Dis intended.

Band - uh's sounded good. "Far and wide..."

kats89
October 29th, 2005, 10:00 PM

My Upset pick this week:

Retro, you called it. Big upset tonight.

Retro
October 29th, 2005, 10:02 PM
Big Props to the Upset Call, you need to buy a lottery ticket

I already did, same numbers every week.. One day they'll come up.

blackfordpu
October 29th, 2005, 10:40 PM
Retro, you called it. Big upset tonight.

Isn't it great?! They earned it though. Tx St. 22 points in the 4th quarter, you have got to be kidding me. :eek:

colgate13
October 29th, 2005, 11:13 PM
This thread is very funny.

Picks Nichols, SIU, Villanova, Richmond, etc. all to win... and they do!

blackfordpu
October 29th, 2005, 11:14 PM
Retro

Hey ralph, what happened to that foot-in-mouth smilie? :p

McNeese75
October 30th, 2005, 12:59 AM

:rolleyes: :eek:

TexasTerror
October 30th, 2005, 05:51 AM
Retro...

We're waiting for your SLC upset pick of the week for next week! :)

LacesOut
October 31st, 2005, 08:56 AM
Maine over UD.

Richmond over JMU.

Whoa! That Laces dude ain't too shabby with his picks!! lol

blur2005
October 31st, 2005, 09:29 AM
So I guess the next question is where are the Texas St. fans?

McNeese75
October 31st, 2005, 09:39 AM
So I guess the next question is where are the Texas St. fans?

Most of the really opinionated ones :D , only hang out on their messageboard. Needless to say, they do not quite have the swagger they had last week and now know they have to take care of business every week to get the autobid (the schedule favors them with 2 of the 3 remaining games being home games and the other three teams that are tied all have to play each other).

We go to their house this week and I am just hoping for a GOOD competitive game. We are not supposed to win the conference this year but If they want it, they need to earn it!! :)

Eagle_77
October 31st, 2005, 10:38 AM
They dont like the taste of crow so they are staying away from the dinner table!