mlbowl
September 1st, 2008, 02:03 PM
Nice picsxnodx

PantherRob82
September 1st, 2008, 02:03 PM
and some more..

furman94
September 1st, 2008, 02:09 PM
Wow! That is a STUNNING backdrop for a game and a stadium! Look at those mountains!

Mountaineer
September 1st, 2008, 02:09 PM
Great pictures. xthumbsupx Looks like a beautiful setting there in Provo.

MSUBear42
September 1st, 2008, 02:22 PM
Looks awesome! Thanks for the pics

Mountain Panther
September 1st, 2008, 02:24 PM
Where are all the hot Mormon babes?

Doing one of the following things:

1. Making babies
2. Delivering babies
3. Raising babies

GrizFanStuckInUtah
September 1st, 2008, 02:43 PM
Doing one of the following things:

1. Making babies
2. Delivering babies
3. Raising babies

Hey, leave my wives outta this ffs.

On a serious note, I hope everyone that came to the game had a good time and was treated well. It was a good game to watch and it was cool to meet PatherRob. The stadium is in a good setting, I just wish the crowd would be a little louder, kinda quiet for 64K.

I Bleed Purple
September 1st, 2008, 03:17 PM
Wow! That is a STUNNING backdrop for a game and a stadium! Look at those mountains!

Look up Utah, Weber, USU as well. Same type view. We're actually on the mountain, though. East bleachers have no need for supports since the mountain was made to the correct slope. Utah's is closer to the mountains as well.

PantherRob82
September 1st, 2008, 03:19 PM
Look up Utah, Weber, USU as well. Same type view. We're actually on the mountain, though. East bleachers have no need for supports since the mountain was made to the correct slope. Utah's is closer to the mountains as well.

Utah's seemed further from the mountains when we were there. Weird.

PantherRob82
September 1st, 2008, 03:19 PM
There were a LOT of hot babes there BTW.

I Bleed Purple
September 1st, 2008, 03:24 PM
Utah's seemed further from the mountains when we were there. Weird.

The stadium? To the northeast, I though. They don't call the University "up on the hill" for nothing...

Let's see, Hogle Zoo is to the south and slightly east of the stadium. Maybe.

DuckDuckGriz
September 1st, 2008, 03:24 PM

I'll agree there - Ogden is a nice place to see a game...Problem is no one comes!

PantherRob - how were the BYU fans? They can be buttheads sometimes - one of those "we're entitled to everything groups" - kind of the Notre Dame of the west IMO.

JayJ79
September 1st, 2008, 04:31 PM
I'll agree there - Ogden is a nice place to see a game...Problem is no one comes!

PantherRob - how were the BYU fans? They can be buttheads sometimes - one of those "we're entitled to everything groups" - kind of the Notre Dame of the west IMO.

I didn't go to the game, so I haven't met any BYU fans.
But from what I gather from the message board chatter, there seems to be some animosity between BYU and the Pac-10 teams to some extent. So your interaction with them might be somewhat skewed due to your Oregon affiliation.

PantherRob82
September 1st, 2008, 06:27 PM
The stadium? To the northeast, I though. They don't call the University "up on the hill" for nothing...

Let's see, Hogle Zoo is to the south and slightly east of the stadium. Maybe.

The U was up the hill. Just didn't seem closer to the mountains.

I Bleed Purple
September 1st, 2008, 07:16 PM
I didn't go to the game, so I haven't met any BYU fans.
But from what I gather from the message board chatter, there seems to be some animosity between BYU and the Pac-10 teams to some extent. So your interaction with them might be somewhat skewed due to your Oregon affiliation.

I think it might be that no PAC-10 team has won in Utah in years. Maybe USC once, but nothing else this decade, unless they played in Logan which is unlikely.

Reed Rothchild
September 1st, 2008, 08:45 PM

Their fans invaded our messageboard over the entire summer and that summed them up to a T.

Reed Rothchild
September 1st, 2008, 08:46 PM
Rob, you need to post those pics on PN.com!!!

Cobblestone
September 2nd, 2008, 07:49 AM
Beautiful pics. I've been to Utah and saw the Utes stadium but not BYU. I'd say both have equally beautiful scenary.

But...Where are the pics of Cap'nCat?

ChickenMan
September 2nd, 2008, 08:00 AM
Where are all the hot Mormon babes? xconfusedx
:p

http://lh6.ggpht.com/thebleedingear/SBZhfkTZ6tI/AAAAAAAAAUA/arJgGuYVeeU/s200/mormon.jpg

Cap'n Cat
September 2nd, 2008, 10:36 AM
Good pics, Rob!

UNIFanSince1983
September 2nd, 2008, 12:49 PM
I like the pictures rob, but I have to say I am more partial to the picture posted by ChickenMan!

AggieFinn
September 2nd, 2008, 01:59 PM
BYU has a pretty little setup there.

PantherRob82
September 2nd, 2008, 05:02 PM

The Minnesota - Northern Illinois game. ;)

JCPanthers
September 2nd, 2008, 09:08 PM
Dude....get a zoom lens.:D

skinny_uncle
September 2nd, 2008, 09:30 PM
Beautiful pics. I've been to Utah and saw the Utes stadium but not BYU. I'd say both have equally beautiful scenary.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h13/skinny_uncle/ShowLetter.jpg

skinny_uncle
September 2nd, 2008, 09:34 PM

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h13/skinny_uncle/lazycatoncouch.jpg

Grizalltheway
September 2nd, 2008, 09:43 PM
There were a LOT of hot babes there BTW.

Yup. SLC's only redeeming quality.

I Bleed Purple
September 2nd, 2008, 09:54 PM

Yep, those big, mean ol' mountains are so scary to a Missoula resident who is used to hills. I get that.

Big Al
September 2nd, 2008, 09:56 PM

Except the game was held in Provo.

SLC is a really nice town with plenty to do if you know where to look.

For scenery, though, I'd take the Idaho panhandle/NW Montana any day.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
September 2nd, 2008, 10:04 PM

There are certainly worse places to live. I'd move back to Missoula if I could, but the pay just isn't the same.

Which mountains are we talking about again? xsmiley_wix

DuckDuckGriz
September 2nd, 2008, 10:08 PM
I think it might be that no PAC-10 team has won in Utah in years. Maybe USC once, but nothing else this decade, unless they played in Logan which is unlikely.

Actually I believe Cal, Washington, and Arizona have claimed wins in SLC and Provo in this decade.

PantherRob82
September 2nd, 2008, 10:18 PM
Dude....get a zoom lens.:D

I could if I lowered my PSC giving. ;)

Grizalltheway
September 2nd, 2008, 10:23 PM
Except the game was held in Provo.

SLC is a really nice town with plenty to do if you know where to look.

For scenery, though, I'd take the Idaho panhandle/NW Montana any day.

My bad, northern Utah in general. Although I would love to go skiing in that area. xnodx

I Bleed Purple
September 3rd, 2008, 12:02 AM
Actually I believe Cal, Washington, and Arizona have claimed wins in SLC and Provo in this decade.

I know BYU lost by a field goal to Arizona in Tucson a couple years back, and I thought Utah beat Cal in SLC some time ago. Completely unsure about Washington. I'll take a look.

I Bleed Purple
September 3rd, 2008, 12:36 AM
I know BYU lost by a field goal to Arizona in Tucson a couple years back, and I thought Utah beat Cal in SLC some time ago. Completely unsure about Washington. I'll take a look.

Let's see, ESPN only goes to 2002. I'll look more for 2000 (not technically this decade but I'll try to find it anyway) and 2001.

Utah has OSU Oct. 2. I think you'll want the U to win that one.

*Found 2001 and 2000

2007: UCLA 6-44 Utah
2006: no home games against PAC-10
2005: Arizona 24-27 Utah
2004: no home games against PAC-10 (good thing for PAC-10, too)
2003: Cal 24-31 Utah, Oregon 13-17 Utah
2002: no home games against PAC-10
2001: no home games against PAC-10
2000: Wash. State 38-21 Utah, Arizona 17-3 Utah

BYU

2007: Arizona 7-20 BYU
2006: no home games against PAC-10
2005: no home games against PAC-10
2004: USC 42-10 BYU (That's the one I thought of. USC was #1 at the time)
2003: Stanford 18-14 BYU (There's one I didn't expect)
2002: no home games against PAC-10
2001: no home games against PAC-10
2000: no home games against PAC-10

So technically this decade no PAC team has won in SLC. I guess you can better say no PAC-10 has won in SLC since 2000. BYU seems to play against eastern teams more often, like Syracuse, Virginia, Notre Dame, etc. Only three games. 1-2. Surprised by the Stanford one, but that was a 4-8 year under a coach most BYU people have stricken from their minds. Still since 2001, USC and Stanford have won in Utah.

Ronin
September 3rd, 2008, 09:44 AM

Mountains or Dome both give a great atmosphere to the game. Sure beats the open flat plains of the typical Midwest field.