PDA

View Full Version : McNeese Ranking

msupokes1
September 1st, 2008, 08:46 AM
With a good showing against North Carolina but still a loss, Would you guys drop McNeese in the polls, keep them the same, or move them up? I will say, I was at the game and McNeese looked like the better team on the field but gave up to much on special teams. This team looked much improved from last year but I guess we will see as the year goes on. Thanks for the input.

FormerPokeCenter
September 1st, 2008, 09:29 AM
I think it's too early in the season to worry about where we're ranked.

After week four or five, there should be a much better feel for what type of team this is...

We don't know enough about North Carolina to know if the "close loss" was anything to get excited about. Hell, for all we know, that might be the Tar Heels only win of the year....

There's still a lot of football to be played.

I'd move Cal-Poly up, at the very least

IndianaAppMan
September 1st, 2008, 09:50 AM
I think it's too early in the season to worry about where we're ranked.

After week four or five, there should be a much better feel for what type of team this is...

We don't know enough about North Carolina to know if the "close loss" was anything to get excited about. Hell, for all we know, that might be the Tar Heels only win of the year....

There's still a lot of football to be played.

I'd move Cal-Poly up, at the very least

I doubt it. I expect UNC to win a lot of those games that were close losses last year. In '01, the Carolina Panthers lost about 9 games by a touchdown or less. In '03, they WON about 9 games by a similar margin, and lost a close Super Bowl to the Brady Bunch.

I think Butch Davis will do a similar turn-around for UNC.

As for McNeese, their fans shouldn't care what their ranking is. This game should be nothing less than encouraging for the prospect of the remainder of the season. They should be think about the SLC games and hoping that whether they end up the #1 seed or on the road throughout the playoffs, that they win.

Their ranking this early won't predict their outcome, so what does it matter?

TexasTerror
September 1st, 2008, 10:09 AM
UNC will get other wins this year. I don't think they are that bad a team.

I believe in my ballot, I upped McNeese a spot based on those I had around them.