PDA

View Full Version : Furman's Webb Suffers Season Ending Knee Injury

LarryBoy
August 31st, 2008, 09:58 PM
http://furmanpaladins.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/083108aaa.html

This one hurts a lot. RJ is an incredibly special and talented player, and did incredibly well to be back at 100% after the first injury. Here's hoping that the other wideouts can step it up, and that Webb can keep his head up for yet another grueling surgery/rehab.

furman94
September 1st, 2008, 09:10 AM
Damn...I really hate this for RJ. He tried so hard to get back out there, and he gets hit with the same type of ablow to but him out for the season. At this point, it will be hard to tell how this will affect the team. Yes we played without him for for the our last 4 winning games, but that was also with a running QB, which Sorrells is not (even though he punched one in on Sat.) I hope that this loss will make our team, and the younger guys try harder and want it even more. I will keep RJ in my prayers.

OL FU
September 1st, 2008, 09:16 AM
:( :( :( :(

PaladinFan
September 1st, 2008, 11:06 AM
Damn...I really hate this for RJ. He tried so hard to get back out there, and he gets hit with the same type of ablow to but him out for the season. At this point, it will be hard to tell how this will affect the team. Yes we played without him for for the our last 4 winning games, but that was also with a running QB, which Sorrells is not (even though he punched one in on Sat.) I hope that this loss will make our team, and the younger guys try harder and want it even more. I will keep RJ in my prayers.

It is tough because it takes away our best downfield threat. However, Furman still hangs its hat on the running game and and high percentage passes. If that means we have to air it out less, I'm ok with that. We have 4 good running backs, it won't change what we do too much.

Bad news for RJ though. Seems like a good, hardworking kid. Time for someone waiting in the wings to step in.

WCU LawCat
September 1st, 2008, 12:00 PM
Really tough break

Laserlips
September 1st, 2008, 01:31 PM
http://furmanpaladins.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/083108aaa.html

This one hurts a lot. RJ is an incredibly special and talented player, and did incredibly well to be back at 100% after the first injury. Here's hoping that the other wideouts can step it up, and that Webb can keep his head up for yet another grueling surgery/rehab.

LarryBoy:

I hate it for the young man, and I hate it for the Furman team..

Hopefully he'll make a full recovery, but sounds like he's got a rough road ahead with surgery/rehab..

Best Wishes,

Jesse

furman94
September 1st, 2008, 02:30 PM
He was supposed to be back at 100% this time. I hate that we didn't save him for VT and let him rest. He wouldn't have mattered in the game last Saturday.

Hoseinexile07
September 1st, 2008, 05:41 PM
Sorry about that, y'all. Season-ending injuries are always rough on teams and the individuals who get hurt. All the best for a speedy recovery.

ASU_MBA
September 1st, 2008, 07:03 PM
Sorry to hear that.....

Dinman31
September 1st, 2008, 07:42 PM
Tough break for RJ Webb. He had worked very hard to come back only to tear his other ACL in his first quarter back. Wonder is he can get a medical hardship and get a year back.

As for the Paladins, they will be fine. Webb has played one quarter over the last five games. During that time Furman has posted a 4-1 record with wins over two ranked opponents and its only loss coming by a TD against Appalachian. Cunningham, Mims, Hendrix and a talented and deep group of TEs will provide plenty in the passing game.

Death Dealer
September 1st, 2008, 09:33 PM
Ughhhh!!!!xbawlingx xbawlingx I saw the hit Saturday night. It really didn't look that bad, but it was bad enough to put RJ on the bench for this season at least. Poor kid. xsmhx I hear he busted his azz to get back in shape for this year. Buzzard luck!

AndrewFU21
September 1st, 2008, 09:50 PM
What especially stinks about it is that they had just started putting in a more spread offense that was geared around him being our most important player. We were already young at WR, and now it's basically up to Adam Mims and bunch of freshmen at this point. Oh well, best of luck to RJ and the rest of the team, and let's take it to Virginia Tech this weekend.

The Cats
September 1st, 2008, 11:11 PM
I'm really sad for this young man....... It's truly a shame this type of season ending injuries has to happen.....