PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Washington @ Colorado Game Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Screamin_Eagle174
August 31st, 2008, 05:18 PM
I probably should wait until after the CU/CSU game today so I can break down their performance, but oh well. This is a special EWU team. We played Tech extremely tough, and let a game go (against a BCS no. 12 team) that could have been won. The team knows this, and gained a ton of confidence and experience they'll bring into Boulder next week. Now that all those first game/big game jitters are out, I expect our receivers to start catching passes that hit them in the hands. If the defense plays as good as they did against Tech, the Buffs are in for a much longer game.

I have a feeling CU is going to really hate the Big Sky after Sept. 6.

CU - 27
EWU - 28

Discuss...

CatFan22
August 31st, 2008, 05:39 PM
A little early for a game thread, IMO.

Screamin_Eagle174
August 31st, 2008, 08:05 PM
It's more of a discussion forum until next Saturday, then it'll turn into a game thread! xthumbsupx

CatFan22
August 31st, 2008, 08:07 PM
It's more of a discussion forum until next Saturday, then it'll turn into a game thread! xthumbsupx

Ohhhhhhhh, ok. :) xthumbsupx

JohnStOnge
August 31st, 2008, 09:06 PM
We played Tech extremely tough, and let a game go (against a BCS no. 12 team) that could have been won..

I'm impressed with EWU's effort against Texas Tech but I think that's a bit much. After Tech jumped out to a 21-0 lead the margin was never closer than 11 points and the final margin was 25. Tech outgained EWU 639 to 364 in total yards. It doesn't look like the outcome was ever seriously in doubt or that it's a game EWU "could have" won. Well, I guess anything "could" happen. I suppose Texas Tech could've had like 5 or 6 turnovers and given EWU a chance. But otherwise, it doesn't look like there's any way EWU was going to win that game.

Peems
August 31st, 2008, 10:10 PM
EWU has a great chance, and IMO really need to win this one, because if the Eagles don't win this and stumble once or twice in conference it's bye bye playoffs for what should be one of Eastern's best teams in years.

CopperCat
August 31st, 2008, 10:18 PM
I watched all of the CU-CSU game, and CU is a solid team. Their defensive front is inconsistent at times, but they can still put pressure on the QB and stop the run. Their offense exploits the short game quite a bit, and the WRs are great athletes. I counted three guys at RB that all had two or three gains in a row of 5 yards or more. The O-line makes great holes for the backs to run through, so a battle on the line will be a big part of the game next weekend. I wouldn't say that the CU I saw today was anything close to what MSU saw two years ago. EWU will keep it close with their offense, but I think CU's depth and size will eventually be the difference. I wouldn't predict an actual score, but I'll take CU by 14.

ncbears
August 31st, 2008, 10:28 PM
CU is going to destroy the Eagles. They've just got better athletes.

GrizFanIRAQ
August 31st, 2008, 10:42 PM
IMO, EWU mught have scheduled themselves out of the playoffsxrulesx

SteelCurtain
August 31st, 2008, 10:53 PM
Absolutely no chance against UC. Those two tackles on D they have are animals. An decent offense and this one will be 21-28 points min.
'

I have it this way UC-38 EW-10

UC has a very decent team this year. Better than I anticipated.

Mountain Panther
August 31st, 2008, 11:24 PM
Absolutely no chance against UC. Those two tackles on D they have are animals. An decent offense and this one will be 21-28 points min.
'

Yep that's about right.

Ronbo
August 31st, 2008, 11:27 PM
I watched the Colorado 38-17 victory over Colorado State. QB Hawkins is very good. Colorado has deadly speed. You guys should be equal to CSU in talent so the score will end up with a similar result. This isn't the 2006 Buffs that MSU knocked off, they are talking Big 12 North Championship.

Screamin_Eagle174
August 31st, 2008, 11:29 PM
I'm impressed with EWU's effort against Texas Tech but I think that's a bit much. After Tech jumped out to a 21-0 lead the margin was never closer than 11 points and the final margin was 25. Tech outgained EWU 639 to 364 in total yards. It doesn't look like the outcome was ever seriously in doubt or that it's a game EWU "could have" won. Well, I guess anything "could" happen. I suppose Texas Tech could've had like 5 or 6 turnovers and given EWU a chance. But otherwise, it doesn't look like there's any way EWU was going to win that game.

Albeit a longshot, it was very winnable. If that fumble recovered by EWU in the Endzone hadn't been overturned, and had 1 or 2 plays went a little different on 2 separate drives into the Tech redzone... it was very possible. A couple EWU penalties also screwed us on those drives.

Mountain Panther
August 31st, 2008, 11:36 PM
Albeit a longshot, it was very winnable. If that fumble recovered by EWU in the Endzone hadn't been overturned, and had 1 or 2 plays went a little different on 2 separate drives into the Tech redzone... it was very possible. A couple EWU penalties also screwed us on those drives.

If I think hard enough I might woulda-shoulda-coulda my way to a win at BYU.

The fact is, when you start talking about a "serious of events could have transpired," it makes winning very unrealistic.

That being said I still think you guys will win the Big Sky.

Screamin_Eagle174
August 31st, 2008, 11:37 PM
I watched all of the CU-CSU game, and CU is a solid team. Their defensive front is inconsistent at times, but they can still put pressure on the QB and stop the run. Their offense exploits the short game quite a bit, and the WRs are great athletes. I counted three guys at RB that all had two or three gains in a row of 5 yards or more. The O-line makes great holes for the backs to run through, so a battle on the line will be a big part of the game next weekend. I wouldn't say that the CU I saw today was anything close to what MSU saw two years ago. EWU will keep it close with their offense, but I think CU's depth and size will eventually be the difference. I wouldn't predict an actual score, but I'll take CU by 14.

They can stop the run, but can they stop the pass? Their Pass D was ranked 103rd in FBS last season.

Tech's lines were a lot larger than EWUs, but we held our own... Nichols was only sacked 2 or 3 times. Our D-came real close to sacking Harrell several times. Instead he ended up throwing it away or an incomplete.

I have no doubt it'll be a tough matchup, but they won't be as tough as TT, and we won't be dropping every other pass this time; Nichols will be putting up the points.

NoCoDanny
August 31st, 2008, 11:37 PM
Also before you get too carried away keep in mind CU beat Texas Tech last year in lubbock, not that it's a one for one comparison but they aren't as bad as you think.

Mountain Panther
August 31st, 2008, 11:39 PM
You guys should be equal to CSU in talent

xsmhx

GOKATS
September 1st, 2008, 12:10 AM
I also watched the CU/CSU game tonight. The Buffs are looking tough!! It'll be at least a two touchdown victory over EWU.

FCS Go!
September 1st, 2008, 12:45 AM
xsmhx

Come on! He was talking Colorado St not Colorado! xsmiley_wix

JohnStOnge
September 1st, 2008, 07:33 AM

Well...I said just about anything "could" happen. It was possible if enough things would've happened differently but it would've taken an awful lot happening differently and was very unlikely. I don't think it'd be rational for Eastern Washington people to say they should've won it or that it "got away." Again; that's not to say it wasn't a very impressive performance by EWU considering who they were playing. I think one would be smart to bet that if EWU played Texas Tech 10 times the Red Raiders would win all of them but I also don't it was a situation in which EWU didn't belong on the same field with them like the situations involving the other I-AA/FCS teams the Red Raiders have played during the "no mercy" Leech era.

JohnStOnge
September 1st, 2008, 07:41 AM
I have no doubt it'll be a tough matchup, but they won't be as tough as TT, and we won't be dropping every other pass this time; Nichols will be putting up the points.

It'll be interesting and it could be a shot for a FCS win over a BCS league team. I think Colorado is probably a different type of matchup, though. If it's like most years I think they'll be more physical. I think when it comes to the line of scrimmage both ways they're more athletic than Texas Tech is. I haven't seen them yet this year but that's my impression based on past years.

EdubAlum
September 1st, 2008, 09:10 AM
Well...I said just about anything "could" happen. It was possible if enough things would've happened differently but it would've taken an awful lot happening differently and was very unlikely. I don't think it'd be rational for Eastern Washington people to say they should've won it or that it "got away." Again; that's not to say it wasn't a very impressive performance by EWU considering who they were playing. I think one would be smart to bet that if EWU played Texas Tech 10 times the Red Raiders would win all of them but I also don't it was a situation in which EWU didn't belong on the same field with them like the situations involving the other I-AA/FCS teams the Red Raiders have played during the "no mercy" Leech era.

i don't think we should have won the game by any means, however, we did still score 24 points on them, which is about 14 more than i expected.

catbob
September 1st, 2008, 12:20 PM
After watching CU/CSU last night, my hopes for an EWU victory were kind of dashed. Hawkins is a very smart, mobile QB with a pretty good arm. He actually kind of reminds me of Nicholls but doesn't go deep quite as often, and is perhaps a bit faster. The Buffs have a stable of running backs and really wore CSU down as the game went on. If there was any good news for Eagle fans, was that CU looked fairly susceptible to the pass, and the Eagles should be able to score a few points on them.

I can see something like 35-21 Buffs.

ncbears
September 1st, 2008, 12:33 PM
'

Who is UC?

JALMOND
September 1st, 2008, 12:41 PM
I watched the game, too, and I have to say the Buffs look tough. Eastern was able to score points against Texas Tech and they will be able to score against the Buffs, but I don't think they'll score enough. Leaning towards CU this game.

Not to hijack the thread, but I came away from the CU-CSU game thinking Sac State might have a better shot at beating the Rams than EWU has at beating the Buffs. I'm not saying the Hornets will pull off an upset either, but if I had to choose between which Big Sky team could win just between these two games, I'd take the Hornets against CSU before I'd take the Eagles against CU based on what I saw in the CU-CSU game.

catbob
September 1st, 2008, 12:47 PM
How is Sac going to stop Gartrell Johnson?

JALMOND
September 1st, 2008, 01:11 PM
How is Sac going to stop Gartrell Johnson?

It could happen. Really, tho, I think both teams will have another loss after this week. Colorado can make your team look pretty bad, especially if the Buffs are rolling. That and maybe the beer...:D

CopperCat
September 1st, 2008, 03:20 PM
They can stop the run, but can they stop the pass? Their Pass D was ranked 103rd in FBS last season.

Tech's lines were a lot larger than EWUs, but we held our own... Nichols was only sacked 2 or 3 times. Our D-came real close to sacking Harrell several times. Instead he ended up throwing it away or an incomplete.

Yes, they CAN stop the pass, and they can stop it very well. THIS ISN'T LAST SEASON. Until you say that EWU can win/keep it close, watch the CU/CSU gametape. You will see what we all mean. It's hard not to think that your team has a shot at winning the game, but I think your expectations are pretty unrealistic.

UNCBears2010
September 1st, 2008, 06:51 PM

You have a good attitude. It might not be a realistic attitude, but it's a good attitude.

(Personal opinion: EWU's combined margin of victory in their two games in the state of Colorado this season will be a negative number.)

Screamin_Eagle174
September 1st, 2008, 07:29 PM
You have a good attitude. It might not be a realistic attitude, but it's a good attitude.

(Personal opinion: EWU's combined margin of victory in their two games in the state of Colorado this season will be a negative number.)

You do realize that's impossible right? A margin of victory necessitates that we have more points than the opponent! ;)

What you meant to say, is that the difference between Eastern's combined PF and combined PA, will be negative. To which I reply... I doubt it. Last time we went down to Greeley (our 3-8 team) laid a goose egg on UNC.

UNCBears2010
September 1st, 2008, 07:55 PM
You do realize that's impossible right? A margin of victory necessitates that we have more points than the opponent! ;)

What you meant to say, is that the difference between Eastern's combined PF and combined PA, will be negative. To which I reply... I doubt it. Last time we went down to Greeley (our 3-8 team) laid a goose egg on UNC.

You get what I mean though, I didn't know how else to word it.

That UNC team you guys saw the last time you came to Greeley was by far the worst team in the history of the program (and probably the worst in the history of Division I football). They would've had trouble beating Greeley West High School. Let's not also forget last year in Cheney when a 1-11 UNC team gave EWU quite a challenge in a 17-7 loss. For the record, I've got the Buffs by about 24 in Boulder and the Eagles by about 20 in Greeley.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 1st, 2008, 07:59 PM
I'd put dollars to doughnuts that if we do lose to Colorado, it won't be by more than 14. The final score of that Tech game is very misleading.

UNCBears2010
September 1st, 2008, 08:01 PM
I'd put dollars to doughnuts that if we do lose to Colorado, it won't be by more than 14. The final score of that Tech game is very misleading.

If you stay within 14 of the Buffs, I'll buy you a dozen donuts the next time you're in Greeley.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 1st, 2008, 08:05 PM
If you stay within 14 of the Buffs, I'll buy you a dozen donuts the next time you're in Greeley.

Haven't been there once yet. Is Greeley bigger than Cheney? (9,000-18,000 depending if EWU is in session).

UNCBears2010
September 1st, 2008, 08:08 PM
Per 2006 Census Bureau estimates, Greeley proper is about 88,000. If you include the towns of Evans and La Salle, which are just to the south, Greeley's population is about 100,000.

CopperCat
September 1st, 2008, 10:15 PM

Interesting.........

Screamin_Eagle174
September 2nd, 2008, 12:47 AM
Interesting.........

Well I'm certainly not going to risk having to cut my Johnson off! ;) xlolx

T-Dog
September 2nd, 2008, 02:32 AM
EWU has a great chance, and IMO really need to win this one, because if the Eagles don't win this and stumble once or twice in conference it's bye bye playoffs for what should be one of Eastern's best teams in years.

True. If they go down here, it'll put more pressure on them to win the Big Sky and run the table. If they don't win the Big Sky, I think it'll be very tough for them to make the playoffs. If they lose this week, the only scenario of them not winning the Big Sky and them making the playoffs is losing one conference game, then the team that beat them run the table in the conference (or lose once, this other team would still win the AQ on head-to-head).

Point is, a three-loss EWU team without and AQ should get an at-large, but a four loss EWU team? Not so sure then. Depends on who they lose to.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 2nd, 2008, 02:35 AM
True. If they go down here, it'll put more pressure on them to win the Big Sky and run the table. If they don't win the Big Sky, I think it'll be very tough for them to make the playoffs. If they lose this week, the only scenario of them not winning the Big Sky and them making the playoffs is losing one conference game, then the team that beat them run the table in the conference (or lose once, this other team would still win the AQ on head-to-head).

Point is, a three-loss EWU team without and AQ should get an at-large, but a four loss EWU team? Not so sure then. Depends on who they lose to.

If we lose twice in conference play, we're done. 7-4 won't cut it, because one of our wins will be against D-II Western Washington. No need to worry about that though... because we're not going to lose twice in conference. xthumbsupx

T-Dog
September 2nd, 2008, 02:46 AM
If we lose twice in conference play, we're done. 7-4 won't cut it, because one of our wins will be against D-II Western Washington. No need to worry about that though... because we're not going to lose twice in conference. xthumbsupx

Ah yes, forgot about that. No offense to EWU but the schedule this year walks a very thin line that probably should have been though of more and redone if possible (drop one of the FBS games, add a 12th game vs FCS, something like that).

If EWU goes 7-4 with only 6 D-I wins and no AQ, reassure us that you won't try to plead your case ala GaSo fans from last year. xthumbsupx With the team y'all have this year, 7-4 would be very disappointing with the talent y'all have.

EWashEagle
September 2nd, 2008, 01:58 PM
After watching the EWU/TT game in person and the Colorado/CSU on TV, here are my thoughts;

EWU- They have an offense that can move the ball, chew up the clock and score on almost anyone. The final score of Saturdays game does not give people who were not there an idea of how close the game was. We were down by 11 in the 4th with the ball. But after a turnover they came back and put it away, like a bigger school should. The receivers have to do better in eliminating the drops. With that said, EWU did throw for 336 yards, which I think is pretty good. The running game was almost insignificant and I dont think it will get any better after watching UC. EWU also cannot turn the ball over 3 to 2 like they did against TT. The defense will have their hands full with UC's running game. I am guessing our defense will need the bye week to heal after this game.

UC-They are a power team more so than TT. They run a traditional offense using the run to burn you with the pass. They have 3 RB's to rotate and keep fresh, which probably will be the difference in the game. That other freshman (not Scott) is impressive and explosive. Hawkins is a very underated playmaker whose receiving corps is nowhere near as good as TT, but they did make plays. UC defense looks good against the run and OK against the pass. Matt will get his yards again. If UC reads about the TT game, they will see that the TT players admitted they didn't respect EWU and took them lightly. TT respects EWU now. I dont think UC will make the same mistake and will be better prepared to take us on.

At the TT game, it was a pass first game that didnt run off the clock. EWU actually had more time of possession than TT, even though at the end of the first Q, TT had 116 total yard to our zero total yards. I think that will work in our favor in keeping the game close so we can be competitive. That being said, I'm hoping for an upset and hope for no injuries, but I understand everything has to go right for EWU to win.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 2nd, 2008, 02:22 PM
After watching the EWU/TT game in person and the Colorado/CSU on TV, here are my thoughts;

EWU- They have an offense that can move the ball, chew up the clock and score on almost anyone. The final score of Saturdays game does not give people who were not there an idea of how close the game was. We were down by 11 in the 4th with the ball. But after a turnover they came back and put it away, like a bigger school should. The receivers have to do better in eliminating the drops. With that said, EWU did throw for 336 yards, which I think is pretty good. The running game was almost insignificant and I dont think it will get any better after watching UC. EWU also cannot turn the ball over 3 to 2 like they did against TT. The defense will have their hands full with UC's running game. I am guessing our defense will need the bye week to heal after this game.

UC-They are a power team more so than TT. They run a traditional offense using the run to burn you with the pass. They have 3 RB's to rotate and keep fresh, which probably will be the difference in the game. That other freshman (not Scott) is impressive and explosive. Hawkins is a very underated playmaker whose receiving corps is nowhere near as good as TT, but they did make plays. UC defense looks good against the run and OK against the pass. Matt will get his yards again. If UC reads about the TT game, they will see that the TT players admitted they didn't respect EWU and took them lightly. TT respects EWU now. I dont think UC will make the same mistake and will be better prepared to take us on.

At the TT game, it was a pass first game that didnt run off the clock. EWU actually had more time of possession than TT, even though at the end of the first Q, TT had 116 total yard to our zero total yards. I think that will work in our favor in keeping the game close so we can be competitive. That being said, I'm hoping for an upset and hope for no injuries, but I understand everything has to go right for EWU to win.

Agreed, but we do have a running game... just not against TT or CU. We got down so quick against Tech that the run was abandoned... the only way to stay in the game was to get down the field and score. That, and these lineman are too big and too talented for the run to be very effective against them except for short yardage situations. Other than the dropped passes, there's no questions with our offense. This game will be decided by our D, and how well we can stop the run/pressire Hawkins.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 2nd, 2008, 02:45 PM
Speaking of our D, another good read out of Lubbock on EWU: http://www.redraiders.com/?p=1727

Screamin_Eagle174
September 2nd, 2008, 03:09 PM
And a good post-game video with some highlight footage and interviews...
http://everythinglubbock.com/media_player.php?media_id=25731

UNCBears2010
September 2nd, 2008, 04:48 PM
the TT players admitted they didn't respect EWU and took them lightly.

It seems to me the only team being taken lightly in this matchup is Colorado. The EWU fans seem to think that just because Montana State beat a 2-10 Buffs team in 2006 that their Eagles can repeat the feat against a Colorado team in 2008 that will contend for a Big 12 North title.

Cody Hawkins is every bit the passer that Graham Harrell is, not in volume but in ability. The Eagles will also have to contend with the tandem of Demetrius Sumler and Darrell Scott in the backfield and senior defensive tackles George Hypolite and Brandon Nicolas, who are monsters.

EdubAlum
September 2nd, 2008, 06:35 PM
my expectations are the same as the TT game. if we lose by less than 40, i'll be happy. our season doesn't start until next week:)

Screamin_Eagle174
September 2nd, 2008, 06:48 PM
It seems to me the only team being taken lightly in this matchup is Colorado. The EWU fans seem to think that just because Montana State beat a 2-10 Buffs team in 2006 that their Eagles can repeat the feat against a Colorado team in 2008 that will contend for a Big 12 North title.

Cody Hawkins is every bit the passer that Graham Harrell is, not in volume but in ability. The Eagles will also have to contend with the tandem of Demetrius Sumler and Darrell Scott in the backfield and senior defensive tackles George Hypolite and Brandon Nicolas, who are monsters.

Not at all. I know Colorado will very tough, just as Tech was. However I think we have a much better shot at the upset this time around, and it will be a close game.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 2nd, 2008, 06:49 PM
my expectations are the same as the TT game. if we lose by less than 40, i'll be happy. our season doesn't start until next week:)

The week after the week after next week xsmiley_wix
(Bye, then D-II WWU, THEN ISU at home!)

ncbears
September 2nd, 2008, 07:14 PM
Not at all. I know Colorado will very tough, just as Tech was. However I think we have a much better shot at the upset this time around, and it will be a close game.

I hope you do pull off the upset, but CU is just too good. I can see them competing for the Big 12 north title.

ncbears
September 2nd, 2008, 07:15 PM

Again....I don't know who this UC is?

Grizaholic17
September 2nd, 2008, 07:44 PM
EWU has a chance. But you can't compare a game between CSU/CU to EWU/TT. I mean, the speed difference on these levels of football is immense. EWU does have that chance though, but I'm not holding my breath. Best of luck to EWU

EWashEagle
September 2nd, 2008, 09:30 PM
Hey Bears2010, thats pretty good taking a very small portion of my post and making a statement like that. Try reading my post again, this time pay attention to ]"That being said, I'm hoping for an upset and hope for no injuries, but I understand everything has to go right for EWU to win."[/B]

I am an Eagles fan. Should I have said we have no chance and Colorado wins because they are FBS and we are FCS?

UNCBears2010
September 2nd, 2008, 10:25 PM
I am an Eagles fan. Should I have said we have no chance and Colorado wins because they are FBS and we are FCS?

It's not just that CU is FBS and EWU is FCS, if you guys were playing Colorado State or Air Force, I would give you a pretty good chance to win. But you're playing the Buffs, who, in my opinion, should finish the season in the FBS top 25. Please, just understand that even if you guys bring your 'A' game, it will still take a poor effort by the Buffs for you guys to win.

By the way, UNC is playing Purdue this week, and we have no chance to win. If we were playing Florida International or Idaho, I'd probably say differently.

EWashEagle
September 2nd, 2008, 11:25 PM
Fair enough Bear. I saw the Colorado game, and I agree with you, they are good. I wish we were playing the Rams instead of the Buffs.

OB55
September 3rd, 2008, 08:42 AM
I'll say it, the only chance EW has against CU is the fact that they are playing them.

CU wins this one big and does not call off the dogs late, statement making time for the embarrassment they suffered at the hands of MSU two years ago.

UNCBears2010
September 3rd, 2008, 09:22 AM
Fair enough Bear. I saw the Colorado game, and I agree with you, they are good. I wish we were playing the Rams instead of the Buffs.

I also wish that we could get a football game against the Rams, but after our pwnage of them in basketball, I doubt it'll happen any time soon.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 02:31 AM
12 hours until kickoff. Man this has been a long week.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Kickoff coming up. LET'S GET READY FOR SOME FOOTBALLLLLL!!

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 02:34 PM
EWU wins the toss, EWU returns ball to 16.

1st and 10: 1 yard Dale Morris run
2nd and 9: 4 yard catch by Tony Davis
3rd and 5: Caught by Bynsen Brown to the 29, 1st DOWN EWU!!!

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 02:36 PM
1st & 10: 3 yard Morris run
2nd & 7: 2 yard Morris run
3rd & 5: Caught by Tony Davis to midfield, 1st DOWN!!!

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 02:38 PM
TD EASTERN WASHINGTON!!!!

WOOOOOO!!!!

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 02:40 PM
85 yard drive on 1st possession, 9 plays

43 yd. TD pass to Brynsen Brown

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 02:40 PM
EWU 7-0 CU, 10:27 1st

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Boot 4 yards deep into the Endzone... CU returns to the 40.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 02:45 PM
1st and 10 on the EWU 49... Stewart dropped in the backfield!

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 02:46 PM
3rd and 6: Hawkins complete, but short of the 1st.... CU to punt!

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 02:47 PM
42 yard CU punt for a touchback, EWU ball coming up.

EWU 7-0 CU

mlbowl
September 6th, 2008, 02:49 PM
I hope Edub keeps it up...is there a link to the game?

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 02:50 PM
1st & 10 on 20: Catch by Boyce to 25
2nd & 5: Morris run to 27
3rd & 3: pass incomplete, flag on play

Offsides on CU 1st down EWU

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 02:53 PM
1st & 10: Pass complete to Davis, good for 6 yards
2nd & 4 on EWU 38: Morris run to 40
3rd & 2: Nichols shifted to WR... direct snap to Morris, run for 1st.... GREAT PLAY....

Obzerver
September 6th, 2008, 02:53 PM
http://www.teamline.cc/free_listen?teamcode=2499&eventcode=20&status=PFU

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 02:54 PM
http://www.teamline.cc/sportpage?teamcode=2499&eventcode=20

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 02:55 PM
4th down, EWU to punt

Appstate29
September 6th, 2008, 02:56 PM
GO EWU we're cheering for you in Berlin!

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 02:57 PM
3:29 left in the 1st, Eastern still up 7-0. CU 1st and 10 on the 30 coming up.

mlbowl
September 6th, 2008, 02:58 PM
http://www.teamline.cc/free_listen?teamcode=2499&eventcode=20&status=PFU

Thanks.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 03:00 PM
Hawkins hit as he throws, pass deflected, flag on play... illegal man downfield on CU.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 03:02 PM
2nd and 14 for CU: Pass complete, short of the 1st
3rd and ... : Pass complete, good for 1st

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 03:05 PM
1st & 10: Double reverse... hit and stopped for loss, almost intercepted the pitch
2nd & 11: Pass complete to EWU 37
3rd & 6: Hawkins scramble to 32, 1 yard short of the 1st down. End of 1st quarter.

The Johnson brothers are raising hell for CU!!!

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 03:09 PM
4th and 1 on EWU 32 for CU: Handoff to the FB... looks close

Got it. Damn.

Mountain Panther
September 6th, 2008, 03:09 PM
4th and 1 on EWU 32 for CU: Handoff to the FB... looks close

Got it. Damn.

Is this game video cast or just audio cast?

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 03:11 PM
1st & 10 on 31: Knocked away, incomplete
2nd & 10: Run down to the EWU 8

1st & goal: Pass complete for TD... did he have his foot down?

EWU not going to challenge. 7-7 All

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Just audio...

Mountain Panther
September 6th, 2008, 03:13 PM
This game is not even on TV in Denver....unbelievable.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Tyler Hart return to the 20.

1st & 10: Nichols throw incomplete (only the 3rd of the game)
2nd & : AJ Jimmerson run down to the 34, 1st down.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 03:17 PM
1st & 10: ? good for 6 yards
2nd & 4: PI on Colorado.. 1st down EWU

1st & 10 on the CU 45: Complete to Davis to the CU 38. Time out EWU
2nd & 3:
3rd & :

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 03:17 PM

Rediculous

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 03:21 PM
1st & 10: ? good for 6 yards
2nd & 4: PI on Colorado.. 1st down EWU

1st & 10 on the CU 45: Complete to Davis to the CU 38. Time out EWU
2nd & 3:
3rd & :

Penalty on EWU. False start

2nd and 8 on CU 43: Nichols has to throw it away on the screen
3rd and 8: throws short, incomplete. EWU will punt.

ncbears
September 6th, 2008, 03:21 PM

Not many people care about college football here. Haven't you got that yet? ;)

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Josh Smith FUMBLES on the return, EWU RECOVERS!!!

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 03:24 PM
1st & 10 on the CU 27: Morris run to the 25
2nd & 8: Pass incomplete
3rd & 8: Pass complete to Tony Davis, 1st down.

Mountain Panther
September 6th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Not many people care about college football here. Haven't you got that yet? ;)

No, believe me, I get it. Keep in mind I grew up in Big Ten territory.

Try living on the West Coast!

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 03:25 PM
1st & goal on the 9: Caught on the 1 yard line by Boyce.
2nd & goal: Run short
3rd & less than 1: Kefu run... TD EWU!!!!

ncbears
September 6th, 2008, 03:26 PM
No, believe me, I get it. Keep in mind I grew up in Big Ten territory.

Try living in on the West Coast!

I wish it was different, but it won't change. EVER.

Screamin_Eagle174
PAT good, EWU 14-7 CU 10:14 to play in the 2nd.

FCS Go!
Nice job so far Eags. Stick'em!

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 03:29 PM
CU fumbled again on the return... EWU almost recovered again, but CU ball on their own 26

Appstate29
September 6th, 2008, 03:29 PM
damn! that would have been the golden opportunity to takeŽem out!

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 03:31 PM
4 yard gain by Stewart... Matt Johnson with the tackle.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 03:33 PM
3rd and 3: INTERCEPTED.... PICK 6 for a TD BABY

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 03:33 PM
JC Sheritt for the 37 yard return

EWU 21-7 CU

Yep, they're stuffing us!

LehighFan11
September 6th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Wow go EWU!

ursus arctos horribilis
September 6th, 2008, 03:34 PM
man this is sweet! Colorado is gonna have to stop sched. the Big Sky!

Mountain Panther
September 6th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Storm clouds gathering in Boulder.......xnonono2x

AshevilleApp
September 6th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Nice job EWU!!!

Mountain Panther
September 6th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Anyone seen this one too?

Sac St 10
Colorado St 7

8:00 2nd Qtr

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Like I've been saying, EWU has a very special team this year, on both sides of the ball. We're too legit to quit baby!

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Stewart hit in the backfield for a 4 yard loss. CU time out. 3rd and 13 for the Buffs

You'd think Colorado is the underdog in this matchup.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Pass complete, but short, great coverage by EWU. CU to punt

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 03:43 PM
1st and 10 EWU on their own 10: Morris run to the 13.
2nd & 7: Complete to Brown to the 18
3rd & 2: Boyce, 1st down to 22.

Appstate29
September 6th, 2008, 03:44 PM
how much time is left in the 1st half?? wow if sac state downs co state...

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 03:46 PM
1st & 10: Jimmerson stopped for short gain
2nd & 6: Incomplete
3rd & 6: Complete, down the sidelines, fumbled.

CU recovers... damn.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 03:47 PM
1:49 left to play in the half. CU on the EWU 49.

2nd down and 1: Stewart run to the 34.

Mustang Man
September 6th, 2008, 03:47 PM
man this is sweet! Colorado is gonna have to stop sched. the Big Sky!

Good. Maybe they will give Cal Poly a call.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Hawkins sacked... intentional grounding on CU

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 03:48 PM
2nd and 18: Caught but BIG hit by Zach Johnson.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 03:50 PM
3rd down... pass complete for 1st down.

2nd and 10 on the EWU 16 after the spike: Hawkins hit as he throws, incomplete

Appstate29
September 6th, 2008, 03:51 PM
stop'em eagles!

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Stopped. CU will kick a FG. Yet another great play by Zach Johnson... these twins are lighting up the buffs.

MISSED THE FG!!!!

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 03:52 PM
EWU STILL UP 21-7 AT THE HALF

Appstate29
September 6th, 2008, 03:53 PM
YES! now march down and put these ****ers OUT

Screamin_Eagle174
Ahhh, I love the sound of booing at away games! xlolx xlolx xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
Good. Maybe they will give Cal Poly a call.

You guys are going to stop getting calls from any 1A.

Mountain Panther
September 6th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Ahhh, I love the sound of booing at away games! xlolx xlolx xlolx

The CU undergrads are high as a kite.

Chi Panther
September 6th, 2008, 03:54 PM

Maybe CU should stop calling FCS teams.....

CU at Hawkins is great at legging eggs against teams he should beat....

JALMOND
September 6th, 2008, 03:55 PM

I agree. Definitely no calls coming to Cheney from either Seattle or Pullman (might want to forget about Corvallis and Eugene, too).

UNCBears2010
September 6th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Jeez, UNC gave the Eagles a better game than this last year in Cheney.

Appstate29
September 6th, 2008, 03:57 PM
halftime yet?

JALMOND
Maybe CU should stop calling FCS teams.....

CU at Hawkins is great at legging eggs against teams he should beat....

Not just while he was at Colorado. Portland State gave Boise all they could handle a few years ago when Hawkins was there. Maybe it IS the Big Sky.

Screamin_Eagle174
Some halftime stats:
EWU | CU
1st Downs: 9 | 8
3rd down efficiency: 7-10 | 2-7
4th down efficiency: 0-0 | 1-1
Total Yards: 206 | 149
Passing: 179 | 81
Comp-Att: 17-24 | 11-14
Yards per pass: 7.5 | 5.8
Rushing: 27 | 68
Rushing Attempts: 12 | 20
Yards per rush: 2.3 | 3.4
Penalties: 2-16 | 5-35
Turnovers: 1 | 2
Fumbles lost: 1 | 1
Interceptions thrown: 0 | 1
Possession: 14:40 | 14:55

slycat
September 6th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Good job EWU!!! Pour it on!

JALMOND
September 6th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Some halftime stats:
EWU | CU
1st Downs: 9 | 8
3rd down efficiency: 7-10 | 2-7
4th down efficiency: 0-0 | 1-1
Total Yards: 206 | 149
Passing: 179 | 81
Comp-Att: 17-24 | 11-14
Yards per pass: 7.5 | 5.8
Rushing: 27 | 68
Rushing Attempts: 12 | 20
Yards per rush: 2.3 | 3.4
Penalties: 2-16 | 5-35
Turnovers: 1 | 2
Fumbles lost: 1 | 1
Interceptions thrown: 0 | 1
Possession: 14:40 | 14:55

EWU building a case to be the best football team in the state of Washington this year. See it through and bring this one home, Eagles!

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 04:01 PM
Jeez, UNC gave the Eagles a better game than this last year in Cheney.

We're a LOT better team than we were last year even. Our defense under new DC John Graham has been sensational... redshirt freshmen twins Matt and Zach Johnson are just dominating... both this game and against Tech.

UNCBears2010
September 6th, 2008, 04:04 PM
We're a LOT better team than we were last year even. Our defense under new DC John Graham has been sensational... redshirt freshmen twins Matt and Zach Johnson are just dominating... both this game and against Tech.

I think just about every Big Sky team can say that this year, I know we looked tons better today than we did in last year's opener. Bryan Waggener looked like he was easily our best QB in a decade. As for this one, I give EWU their props on the first half, but damn, CU, way to s**t the bed.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 04:14 PM
CU will start on their own 23 to start the 2nd half.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 04:16 PM
Flag on Colorado. 2nd and long.

2nd and 13: Hawkins hit as he throws... fumbled, but CU recovers

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 04:16 PM
"They can't believe their beloved Buffaloes are getting their butt's shaved!"

Gotta love the EWU announcers

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 04:18 PM
"They're having a Rocky Mountain High, but not one John Denver speaks about"

3rd and 23: Catch and hit, only for 6. Negative yardage drive... GO EAGS!!!

CU Punting from their own 16

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 04:18 PM
50 yard punt, EWU will take over on our own 36.

uofmman1122
September 6th, 2008, 04:19 PM
Man....I pray that Colorado really is that bad....:(

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 04:19 PM
1st & 10: Complete Davis, good for 2 yards.
2nd & 8: Complete to Overbay, 12 yard pickup
3rd & :

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 04:21 PM
3rd and 8: Thrown away, but laundry on the field

UNCBears2010
September 6th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Penalties offset, replay the down.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Offsetting penalties, replay 3rd down.

3rd & 8 on the 48: Deep ball to Brown... can't hold on, but another penalty.
3rd and 3: Tried the snap to Morris again, Buff caught on. Holding on EWU.
3rd and 13: Incomplete

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 04:26 PM
CU will take over on the 20 after the TB.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Defense stepped it up again, CU to punt.

Tod
September 6th, 2008, 04:31 PM
Score? Time?

ursus arctos horribilis
September 6th, 2008, 04:32 PM
EWU up 21-7 with 7:52 ldft in teh third.

Tod
September 6th, 2008, 04:34 PM
EWU up 21-7 with 7:52 ldft in teh third.

WoooHoooo!!!! At least the Big Fluff seems to have Colorado's number. xnodx xnodx ;) ;)

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 04:34 PM
1st & 10 on the EWU 20: Incomplete. Holding on EWU
1st & 20: Morris run for 4
2nd & 16: Incomplete
3rd & 16: Almost picked, EWU will punt. 6:58 to play

ursus arctos horribilis
September 6th, 2008, 04:35 PM
WoooHoooo!!!! At least the Big Fluff seems to have Colorado's number. xnodx xnodx ;) ;)

Sac. St. in the game with Colorado St. too, only down 14-10.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Josh Smith return of 50 yards, CU 1st and goal on the EWU 5. )*&^&*^

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 04:37 PM
2nd and goal on the 2: QB sneak, Hawkins stopped on the 1.
3rd and goal: caught by the TE, TD Colorado

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 04:38 PM
5:30 left in third. EWU 21-14 CU

Tod
September 6th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Sac. St. in the game with Colorado St. too, only down 14-10.

ISU just scored a TD on Idaho, PAT is...good. Bengals down 14-7 with 4:42 left in the 1st.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 04:42 PM
Good return by Eastern.

1st & 10 on the 27: Morris run for no gain.
2nd & 10: Nichols run to 32
3rd & 4: Nichols run again, 1st down

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 04:43 PM
1st & 10 on the 38: Incomplete to Boyce
2nd & 10: Catch, down to the 43
3rd & 5: 3 wide, Nichols throws incomplete

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 04:45 PM
3:34 left in the 3rd. C'mon special teams, stop this return.

Obzerver
September 6th, 2008, 04:45 PM
Go ISU!

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Fair catch at the 14. 3:08 to play in the 3rd.

Bernard Williams stuffs Steward again! Loss of 7 yards!

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 04:46 PM
6-2, 300lbs redshirt freshman... he's going to be a beast these next couple years!

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Gain of 7 yards.

3rd and 10: Darrell Scott gets some YAC, 1st down at the 31

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Lance Witherspoon hits em for a loss again.

2nd and 11: Caught but stopped for no gain.
3rd and 11: Ball hit Hawkins in the shoulder, caught it and ran... 1st down to the 47

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 04:49 PM
C'mon D, STOP EM

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Gain of 34 on 1st down for CU...

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 04:54 PM
1st and 10 on the 17. Stopped at the 15
2nd and 8: Hawkins hit as he throws, almost picked off in the endzone.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 04:55 PM
3rd and 8: Hawkins hit as he throws again, incomplete!

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 04:55 PM
WAY TO GO D! Make 'em pay, hit 'em hard!

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 04:56 PM
FG is good at 32 yards. EWU 21-17 CU 2:21 left in the third

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 04:56 PM
My bad, 13:46 in the 4th... haha

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 04:57 PM
We're doing great, have held the lead all game... but we need another TD if we want a chance to win.

Mountain Panther
September 6th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Time left? Who has the ball?

JALMOND
September 6th, 2008, 05:00 PM
We're doing great, have held the lead all game... but we need another TD if we want a chance to win.

You're doing fine. Defense playing well. Get the W and get out of town. Go Eagles!!!

Casey_Orourke
September 6th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Could this where CU's depth is starting to take control and begin to shut down EWU?

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 05:06 PM
EWU stopped on 3rd down and punted. CU ball right now, 1st down on EWU 38

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 05:06 PM
EWU 21-17 CU, 13:46 left in the game.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 05:07 PM
GOD D*MNIT!!! MAKE A STOP ON 3RD AND LONG!!!

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Every time, goes third and long and they get the 1st.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Dropped for a loss.
2nd and 13: Hawkins throws it away under pressure

Mountain Panther
September 6th, 2008, 05:08 PM
GOD D*MNIT!!! MAKE A STOP ON 3RD AND LONG!!!

Sounds like UNI!

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 05:09 PM
3rd and 13..

Screamin_Eagle174
4th and 3: STOP EM!!!

Screamin_Eagle174
PASS INCOMPLETE!!!! Hawkins hit as he throws!!!

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 05:10 PM
Eagle defense holds.... way to go boys. C'mon Matt, give the D a break, and win the game.

TexasTerror
September 6th, 2008, 05:10 PM
PASS INCOMPLETE!!!! Hawkins hit as he throws!!!

E-W-U! E-W-U!

Can anyone find the old "THIS IS DIVISION I FOOTBALL" video...? xnodx

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 05:12 PM
1st and 10: Pass to Davis, dropped for a loss.
2nd and 12: Tony Davis catch at the 28
3rd and 4: Caught by Brown for 13 yards! 1st DOWN EWU!

Screamin_Eagle174
Matt is shaken up though after a big hit on 2nd down.

EmeryZach
what is the score?

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 05:14 PM
3rd and long coming up...

Boyce with a catch into CU territory! 17 yard gain, 1st and 10 on the CU 45

Screamin_Eagle174
1st down catch to Brynsen Brown to the Colorado 31

Screamin_Eagle174
Eastern is up 21-17

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 05:15 PM
1st and 10: Morris on a 4 yard run.
2nd and 6 on the CU 27:

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 05:15 PM
8:38 left to go

2nd and 6: Nichols sacked at the 35.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 05:16 PM
3rd and 13: Incomplete to Tony Davis

Casey_Orourke
E-W-U! E-W-U!

Can anyone find the old "THIS IS DIVISION I FOOTBALL" video...? xnodx

I sure if I look around my area I might find a THIS IS BIG 12 FOOTBALL video.

Screamin_Eagle174
FG attempt for Macias... 50+ yards.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 05:17 PM
52 yard attempt..... IS GOOOD!!!!!!!!

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Flags on the field...

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Penalty on EWU after the play... FG stands

EWU 24 - 17 CU

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Macias is clutch baby... 55yd FG at the end of the 2nd half last week against Tech, and a 52 yarder today to make it a 7 point lead with less than a half quarter to play

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 05:20 PM
3:42 left in the game...

Tod
September 6th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Nice! Way to go Eags, bringing that lead back up to 7. Time for the D again!!!!

JALMOND
September 6th, 2008, 05:21 PM
3:42 left in the game...

FG all you needed. The D has been tough all game. Bring it home, Eagles!

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 05:22 PM
CU on their own 43: pass complete for 1st
hold not called against CU. They threw Lance Witherspoon down by the jersey... still on the ground. xmadx

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 05:22 PM
We're hurtin' and tired though. Let's give it one last stand boys!

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 05:23 PM
CU is on the EWU 44

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 05:23 PM
1st and 10 on the 44: Deep ball caught down to the EWU 8...

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 05:24 PM
1st and goal: got it to the 7
2nd and goal

Screamin_Eagle174
Caught at the 3 and stopped.
3rd and Goal:

JALMOND
1st and 10 on the 44: Deep ball caught down to the EWU 8...

Buffs can't kick it, they need a TD. Hold them, Eagles!

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 05:25 PM
Caught. TD Colorado.

FCS Go!
OT is no good for Eags. C'mon Ewu!

D'oh!

appstate38
What's the Score??? Come on Eagles finish what you started.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 05:26 PM
PAT is... good.

2:05 left, even stevens at 24 all.

CMON EWU!!!! LET'S GO NICHOLS!!!! WIN THIS GAME!!!!

JALMOND
September 6th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Caught. TD Colorado.

EWU kicker showed he's got some range. How much time?

Tod
September 6th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Eags just need to eat the clock and kick the FG. Please! xprayx

Screamin_Eagle174
Ramos from the 2... gets away, cuts upfield... to the 19

Screamin_Eagle174
little less than 2 minutes to play

EWashEagle
2:05 left

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 05:28 PM
3 wide... deep ball. Right side, incomplete

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 05:28 PM
2nd and 10: picked off, TD CU. xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

Jackman
September 6th, 2008, 05:29 PM
NOoooooo! :(

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 05:29 PM
We still have all 3 Timeouts, 1:44 left to play... lots of time left.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 05:30 PM
CU 31-24 EWU

Screamin_Eagle174
Time to put the big boy pants on. Lets go Nichols, play smart

JALMOND
We still have all 3 Timeouts, 1:44 left to play... lots of time left.

Great. Lots of time for Nichols and co. How quick can they go from being the hunted to the hunter?

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 05:32 PM
1st and 10 on the 20. Nichols run to the 26. Flag on play... on EWU.

*****!!!

JohnStOnge
September 6th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Holy smoke. Amazing how often this kind of thing happens to underdogs with a shot to spring a big upset.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 05:33 PM
2nd and 17. Pass complete to Overbay. 1st down Eagles. 1:11 to play.

Screamin_Eagle174
Pass complete to Boyce at the 35. EWU takes 1st timeout.
2nd and 5 coming up

slycat
Looks like the Colorado schools are waking up at the end of the games.

LETS GO EWU!!!!

JALMOND
September 6th, 2008, 05:34 PM
1st and 10 on the 20. Nichols run to the 26. Flag on play... on EWU.

*****!!!

Easy. Playing on top all day, you're tired and you start grabbing. You're right there. Get it, Eagles!

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Penalty on CU... 12 players on the field

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 05:36 PM
ball on the EWU 46. 24 seconds left

Lehigh Football Nation
September 6th, 2008, 05:36 PM
audio link?

uofmman1122
September 6th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Come on EWU!!!!

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Caught by Brown, good to the CU 45.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 05:38 PM
14 seconds left to play.

Screamin_Eagle174
Time back on clock... 16 seconds.

Screamin_Eagle174
Caught by Davis at CU 30 yard line, and out of bounds!!!!

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 05:39 PM
11 seconds left!

Picked off in the endzone.xbawlingx

uofmman1122
September 6th, 2008, 05:40 PM
11 seconds left!

Picked off in the endzone.xbawlingxNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

Mountain Panther
Good game EWU, you deserved to win that one.

T-Dog
D**n that sucks.

UNCBears2010
Great effort EWU, you represented the Big Sky very well in this one!xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx

Screamin_Eagle174
This is a hard, hard loss to swallow.

JALMOND
11 seconds left!

Picked off in the endzone.xbawlingx

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! <censered>

FCS Go!
September 6th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Thanks for all the updates/play by play SE174. Eastern did the BSC proud today. xsmileyclapx

uofmman1122
September 6th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Big Sky looks SCARY this year! xnodx

appstate38
September 6th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Good game Eagles!!!!xbowx xbowx xbowx