PDA

View Full Version : Is Deandre Pressley hurt?

ericsaid
August 31st, 2008, 04:19 PM
He left the LSU game after the 32 yard pass and 17 yard run seemed like he landed on his shoulder, any idea if he'll be healthy for JU?xbowx

WCU LawCat
August 31st, 2008, 04:26 PM
He left the LSU game after the 32 yard pass and 17 yard run seemed like he landed on his shoulder, any idea if he'll be healthy for JU?xbowx

If he is...and AE gets hurt I bet you will be able to hear a pin drop at Kidd Brewer. xeekx

Black Saturday
August 31st, 2008, 04:47 PM
If he is...and AE gets hurt I bet you will be able to hear a pin drop at Kidd Brewer. xeekx

CoCo

AppStateSVX
August 31st, 2008, 07:47 PM
Yeah. CoCo would step in. He would have against LSU, but by then, no point in letting him take the hits.

appfan2008
August 31st, 2008, 07:48 PM
I was wondering the same thing bc if hunter stewart ever has to be in there during anything important we are screwed...

ericsaid
August 31st, 2008, 08:13 PM
Yeah I was thinking the same thing about Hunter Stewart. I almost punched myself. Deandre looked good while he was in, for those three plays? Almost scored on his first drive and might have had he not been landed on. Jacksonville should be a fun game to watch.

48-0:D

AppStateSVX
August 31st, 2008, 08:22 PM
he's sooo little though. kinda scares me watching him play. I hope he follows Armanti's lead and packs on some weight this year

AppGirl
August 31st, 2008, 09:08 PM
We heard that it's just a stinger. He might be out next week, but he should be fine.

WCU LawCat
September 1st, 2008, 10:45 AM
I hear it is a dislocated shoulder...

If you put CoCo in at QB you take away a big WR threat. I'm sure More would rather not do that unless he has no other options.

Saint3333
September 1st, 2008, 10:51 AM
You read that on the MMB from someone that is spectulating.

Let's wait until something official comes out.

ASUMountaineer
September 1st, 2008, 10:58 AM
I hear it is a dislocated shoulder...

If you put CoCo in at QB you take away a big WR threat. I'm sure More would rather not do that unless he has no other options.

Is that the play call WCU fans put in? Or is that the game plan for Wagner, play against Hunter Stewart at QB?

PaladinFan
September 1st, 2008, 11:03 AM
I mean, the man has a point. You put your best wideout at Quarterback you lose production at both positions.

ASUMountaineer
September 1st, 2008, 11:13 AM
I mean, the man has a point. You put your best wideout at Quarterback you lose production at both positions.

So, keep the ball out of his hands unless he's thrown to? That doesn't sound good when the third string QB is not a spread QB.

appfan2008
September 1st, 2008, 11:25 AM
other than coco you have no option... hunter doesnt cut it... so who else could you plug in there...

AppAlum2003
September 1st, 2008, 11:49 AM
other than coco you have no option... hunter doesnt cut it... so who else could you plug in there...

What ever happened to that walk-on from Charlotte? The one that was ruled ineligible for his senior high school year because of paperwork during his move?

EDIT: Jey Yokeley is his name. Dude is 6'4" and ran a spread option in high school. He was supposed to walk-on this year at App.

BeauFoster
September 1st, 2008, 11:56 AM
What ever happened to that walk-on from Charlotte? The one that was ruled ineligible for his senior high school year because of paperwork during his move?

EDIT: Jey Yokeley is his name. Dude is 6'4" and ran a spread option in high school. He was supposed to walk-on this year at App.

I watched him a little at FanFest, he didn't look like he would be a viable option at this point. He has a strong arm, but didn't appear to have a full grasp of our offense yet. He may be better in the future, but I don't think he's ready yet.

AppAlum2003
September 1st, 2008, 12:00 PM
I watched him a little at FanFest, he didn't look like he would be a viable option at this point. He has a strong arm, but didn't appear to have a full grasp of our offense yet. He may be better in the future, but I don't think he's ready yet.

Yeah, but anything's gotta be better than Hunter Stewart, right?

mountaineertider
September 1st, 2008, 12:04 PM
Anything is better than Hunter Stewart. He can't catch the doggone snap for pete's sake.

Saint3333
September 1st, 2008, 01:21 PM
Anything is better than Hunter Stewart. He can't catch the doggone snap for pete's sake.

Ease up on the kid. While he isn't going to be a threat at QB, let's give the kid some credit. Hunter has been catching the ball on FGs for over 2 years now. I think he can catch.

mountaineertider
September 1st, 2008, 01:59 PM
Good point, good point. He has done a good job being invisible on holding snaps (not an insult - that's a good thing). After seeing DP have such a good drive for it to end the way it did was kind of a downer.

Touchdown Yosef
September 1st, 2008, 02:02 PM
Hunter had a bad showing at LSU but he may yet prove to be a capable QB. I hope we don't have to use him but I think he will prove to be better than he showed at LSU.

As far as Coco goes, he would play if needed but it wouldn't be desirable. I think that in a desperate situation he would be much more valuable at QB than at WR. We have depth at WR, and it will show if our starters keep dropping balls, we will be able to spare Coco at WR if he is needed at QB.

AppAlum2003
September 1st, 2008, 02:03 PM
Ease up on the kid. While he isn't going to be a threat at QB, let's give the kid some credit. Hunter has been catching the ball on FGs for over 2 years now. I think he can catch.

Maybe that's what he should have done at the end of the game... he should have knelt and caught the snap.

AppGrad06
September 1st, 2008, 02:16 PM
Maybe that's what he should have done at the end of the game... he should have knelt and caught the snap.

Both snaps he missed were horrible, they were nowhere near him. He was lucky to get a hand on either of them. What I want to know is what happened to our center (I assume it was still Brent Irvin at that point), he was spot on the rest of the game.

ericsaid
September 1st, 2008, 02:22 PM
Coco would be put in before Hunter Stewart would.

james_lawfirm
September 1st, 2008, 02:43 PM
Coco would be put in before Hunter Stewart would.

Uh, 'parently not. I reckon Stewart would do just fine, if'n the ball was not hiked plumb over his head each time. The only thing I could figure is they sent in a freshman guard, who stuck his leg out too wide & the center hit it both times. Otherwise, why did Irvin choose right then to center the ball poorly?

As for all the spectulatin' going on 'round here, Momma don't 'low no spectulatin' round here. But, I don't care what Momma don't 'low, I'm gonna spectulate any ol' how.

AppStFan76
September 1st, 2008, 03:24 PM
Pressleys' injury was re-evaluated yesterday and it was nothing serious, he will participate in practice today.

Just thought I would stop all of the wild speculation going on!xthumbsupx

The kid did look pretty good out there, almost like a little AE when he ran the ball!xnodx xeekx

ericsaid
September 1st, 2008, 04:30 PM
Uh, 'parently not. I reckon Stewart would do just fine, if'n the ball was not hiked plumb over his head each time. The only thing I could figure is they sent in a freshman guard, who stuck his leg out too wide & the center hit it both times. Otherwise, why did Irvin choose right then to center the ball poorly?

As for all the spectulatin' going on 'round here, Momma don't 'low no spectulatin' round here. But, I don't care what Momma don't 'low, I'm gonna spectulate any ol' how.

Don't forget that Coco was considered AE's back up coming into fall camp.xrulesx So yeah, i'm pretty positive if worse came to worse and the choice was between Stewart and Hillary, Hillary would be the man. There are other recievers more than capable of filling in. Hillary could end up filling enough of the void for App not to miss too much if the situation presented itself.