PDA

View Full Version : Montana @ Cal Poly

Pages : [1] 2 3

uofmman1122
August 31st, 2008, 02:58 PM
It's been all over other threads, but let's bring it home.

Discuss. xcoffeex

Definite FCS Game of the Week for week 2.

Thundar
August 31st, 2008, 03:01 PM
Sorry Griz, Poly played NDSU to the nuts every year in SLO, Don't think UM has what it takes, especially playing Poly with 1 game under its belt

Mustangs - 34
Grizz - 27

uofmman1122
August 31st, 2008, 03:05 PM
Regardless of the outcome, I know we'll come out as a better football team. No shame in losing to the team that pounded SDSU yesterday.

But it's tough for me to pick against my guys.

I say we win a close one:

UM - 27
Cal Poly - 26

Thundar
August 31st, 2008, 03:13 PM
Agreed nothing better than two good teams pounding it out, good luck to both, I'll be keeping an eye on it!xthumbsupx

Poly Pigskin
August 31st, 2008, 03:30 PM
The one thing Montana has going for them is the crowd will probably be on the small side since school hasn't started yet. Even if there's a good turnout, it won't be nearly as loud as it will be in Oct and Nov with the student section around. I'll still take Poly by 4.

DuckDuckGriz
August 31st, 2008, 03:36 PM
Griz 20-17

In reality I have no idea how this one will be.

CopperCat
August 31st, 2008, 03:36 PM
Poly by a FG to win. UM will play close the whole game, but I don't see them winning this one on the road, especially with it being their first game. Good luck to the Griz and the Stangs.xnodx

ursus arctos horribilis
August 31st, 2008, 03:37 PM
I really think Cal Poly will score a little on us and teach the young guys a few lessons sevveral times over. I expect Cal Poly to score in the low 40's. I think the Griz offense will score in the high 20 to low 30's. One thing that does seem to happen with a young defense like outs is some guys will be out of position and that can actually work for you as well as the obvious against you thing. If we can get a couple of lucky turnovers from guys running around there out of position then things could get real interesting. I can not pick against the Griz so this is complete homer pick but I hope to see a score something like...

Griz 37
Stangs 34

JALMOND
August 31st, 2008, 03:44 PM
I've been looking at this game from all angles, trying to see how the Griz can pull this out (much like Portland State's season opener last year at McNeese). As of now, I don't see it. We all saw what the Mustangs can do (although the Aztecs are not a dominate FBS team) and it is the season opener for the Griz. Let me take another look and I'll have an answer on Wednesday with the rest of the Big Sky picks.

AggieFinn
August 31st, 2008, 03:53 PM
Poly by 14...the offense is very good, and at home, I just think it'll be too much for Montana to overcome. Montana is tough however, but a tough, non-conference game on the road is a rarity.

CP 38 - Montana 24

da_Bison
August 31st, 2008, 04:19 PM
Poly 30
Griz 27

Montana always has a competitive team and seems to play to the level of competition, thus the close score

DuckDuckGriz
August 31st, 2008, 04:29 PM
Poly by 14...the offense is very good, and at home, I just think it'll be too much for Montana to overcome. Montana is tough however, but a tough, non-conference game on the road is a rarity.

CP 38 - Montana 24

Actually, not really.

2008: @ Cal Poly
2006: @ Iowa (L)
2005: @ Oregon (L)
2004: @ Sam Houston State (L)
2003: @ Maine (W)
2002: @ Idaho (W), @ Hofstra (W)
2001: @ Cal Poly (W), @ Hawaii (L)
2000: @ Idaho (W)

uofmman1122
August 31st, 2008, 04:32 PM
Actually, not really.

2008: @ Cal Poly
2006: @ Iowa
2005: @ Oregon
2004: @ Sam Houston State
2003: @ Maine
2002: @ Idaho, @ Hofstra
2001: @ Cal Poly, @ Hawaii
2000: @ IdahoBut there wasn't one in 2007!!

Ha! ha ha hee hoo ho!

Consider your argument destroyed! xlolx

mvemjsunpx
August 31st, 2008, 04:32 PM
There won't be a lot of defense in this one…

Cal Poly - 41
Montana - 31

Grizaholic17
August 31st, 2008, 04:33 PM
Montana has it's hands full with them. High scoring game I predict. I hope our defense shows up.

Montana- 24
Poly- 20

I have to be a homer...but it doesn't mean I have my doubts about this. It's our first game of the year, and Hauck is being very held back about the progress of the team in drills and what not.

Mustang Man
August 31st, 2008, 05:00 PM
This one is tough to call. Montana is a team that you don't disrespect. I would love to see us put a big win like we did at Davis last year, but I my gut says this is going to be a 12 round slug fest with Poly landing the knock out punch in the closing minutes.

Go Bison
August 31st, 2008, 05:01 PM
I think that Cal Poly jumpes out early and Montana doesn't have the offense for a comeback.

Cal Poly 41
Montana 28

GOKATS
August 31st, 2008, 05:12 PM
I have to take Poly in this one.

Poly 37
griz 24

BisBison
August 31st, 2008, 05:47 PM
I'll take Poly by a TD. That is IF the Griz doesn't buy their way out of the game. xwhistlex

Bison311
August 31st, 2008, 07:00 PM
42-21 Poly

DuckDuckGriz
August 31st, 2008, 07:02 PM
I'll take Poly by a TD. That is IF the Griz doesn't buy their way out of the game. xwhistlex

In your lame attempt to hijack a thread, atleast get the school right. It was Montana State that bought of the game - UM and NDSU have never come to the table for a home and home.

Thundar
August 31st, 2008, 07:07 PM
Will this game be televised/webcast anywhere??

Grizaholic17
August 31st, 2008, 07:14 PM

It's shown across montana, and I don't know if BigSkyTv is doing a telecast or not, there website isn't loading for me.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
August 31st, 2008, 07:51 PM
I'm gonna just throw out some numbers on this one. San Diego St gets beat up worse than UNI playing the MWC, so it's hard to judge how CP will be imho. It was a good win and they got to play a game to work out some kinks. But they may be a bit over confident and possibly dinged up a little. What is even harder though, is guessing how the Griz will be. Tradition and the winning ways are not far behind them, so I still say this will be a dog fight no matter what people think of the Griz this year.

Griz - 35
CP - 28

P.S. Still working on a way to make this game, win loose or draw would be fun to watch live ;)

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 31st, 2008, 08:10 PM
Cal Poly with their unusual off and def schemes give them the edge...and they are at home

Cal Poly 35-31

ericsaid
August 31st, 2008, 08:17 PM
Cal Poly-35
UM-17

X-Factor
August 31st, 2008, 08:27 PM
Cal Poly 2
Montana 0

only because I actually think it's going to be a high scoring game :D

real prediction

CP 41
UM 27

BisBison
August 31st, 2008, 08:41 PM
In your lame attempt to hijack a thread, atleast get the school right. It was Montana State that bought of the game - UM and NDSU have never come to the table for a home and home.

I was referring to our jackrabbit friends.

AZGrizFan
August 31st, 2008, 08:43 PM

I am SHOCKED it took 19 posts before a bison fan came up with this original answer. xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

There are some REAL koolaid drinkers out there (Poly scoring 41, 37, 37, 35, etc.)... xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

I say Poly wins but there ain't no WAY they put up 41 on the Griz.

Cal Poly 28
Griz 20

Grizzaholic
August 31st, 2008, 09:13 PM

Big Suck TV will be broadcasting all Big Fluffy Sky games this year free of charge. And you will get exactly what you pay for.

oh....and I cannot root against my beloved Griz so it will be a barn burner.

Griz 34
CP 31

in OT

extremerouge
August 31st, 2008, 09:21 PM
I'm going with Poly 41 - 24

Thundar
August 31st, 2008, 09:22 PM
Big Suck TV will be broadcasting all Big Fluffy Sky games this year free of charge. And you will get exactly what you pay for.

oh....and I cannot root against my beloved Griz so it will be a barn burner.

Griz 34
CP 31

in OT

So your saying its not worth it??

Peems
August 31st, 2008, 10:08 PM
After watching the Griz in spring and such, the Griz D actually looks like the weaker unit as of right now. Now, I don't expect that to stay the same throughout the year, but I don't think we will be able to stop Cal Poly.

I've seen some wrinkles in the O and we are experienced on that side of the ball, but I expect Cal Poly's D to be improved from what it was last year. I never root against the Griz but the realistic side of me sees Cal Poly winning this one.

What I think:
Cal Poly 31
UM 20

What I hope and want:
Cal Poly 20
Griz 28

elkmcc
August 31st, 2008, 10:19 PM
Sorry Griz, Poly played NDSU to the nuts every year in SLO, Don't think UM has what it takes, especially playing Poly with 1 game under its belt

Mustangs - 34
Grizz - 27

Your logic is nieve at best and your comments are obviously wishful thinking on your part. The actual historical perspective is as follows:

Montana is 10-1 vs CP

The only loss ever to CP was in 2005, when the Griz played Poly twice that season. It is a tough thing to beat a team twice in one season. 2005 was argueably CP's best team ever and probably one of the Griz weakest teams in 15 years.

Just in case you want to bring up the old and tired and wrong "Montana doesn't play anybody" excuse read on. Over the last five seasons Cal Poly has played a total of 3 games in the regular season against playoff bound teams other than the Grizzlies (2003 vs Montana State 21-24 W, 2004 Eastern Wa. 38-24 L, 2005 Montana St L.) and in their entire history participated in a total of 2 playoff games. I won't embarass you with Montana's statistics. I will however remind you that you are a fan of a team that has never participated in a I-AA or FCS playoff game and will suggest to other posters that your prediction, if based upon historical knowledge be suspect at best.

CP looks to be a decent team this year. Montana looks to be in a reloading year. Montana has an undenyable winning tradition and impressive opening game road win record. Perhaps CP will beat Montana in its opener. If so they better watch out come playoff time.

FCS Go!
August 31st, 2008, 10:39 PM
I could see the Griz D really struggle in this one- first game, lost nearly everyone from D last year & facing an unusual O with gigantor WR Barden being covered by true freshman/1st year players. Griz O should be adequate but we'll miss being able to count on 40+yd FGs.

Cal Poly gave up a lot of yds through the air Saturday and doesn't appear to have returned to their top form on defense like in years past. Barden should have a big day and CP's running game should challenge the new Griz on the Dline and at LB.

Cal Poly 31
Griz 27

SteelCurtain
August 31st, 2008, 10:59 PM
Your logic is nieve at best and your comments are obviously wishful thinking on your part. The actual historical perspective is as follows:

Montana is 10-1 vs CP

The only loss ever to CP was in 2005, when the Griz played Poly twice that season. It is a tough thing to beat a team twice in one season. 2005 was argueably CP's best team ever and probably one of the Griz weakest teams in 15 years.

Just in case you want to bring up the old and tired and wrong "Montana doesn't play anybody" excuse read on. Over the last five seasons Cal Poly has played a total of 3 games in the regular season against playoff bound teams other than the Grizzlies (2003 vs Montana State 21-24 W, 2004 Eastern Wa. 38-24 L, 2005 Montana St L.) and in their entire history participated in a total of 2 playoff games. I won't embarass you with Montana's statistics. I will however remind you that you are a fan of a team that has never participated in a I-AA or FCS playoff game and will suggest to other posters that your prediction, if based upon historical knowledge be suspect at best.

CP looks to be a decent team this year. Montana looks to be in a reloading year. Montana has an undenyable winning tradition and impressive opening game road win record. Perhaps CP will beat Montana in its opener. If so they better watch out come playoff time.

You can take all the shots you want but it won't change the outcome in this one. Cal-Poly has a ligitimate shot at making a serious run in the play-offs. Montana does not. This is the best team I have seen that Poly has had. They have a great offense and a pretty decent D.

Come talk your smack after you get it handed to you.

CP-40
Montana 17

Thundar
August 31st, 2008, 11:00 PM

Montana is 10-1 vs CP

When Did I say anything remotely close to this, WOW, sounds like someone needs a hug!!! I gave an opinion based on the years NDSU Traveled to SLO and Cal Poly always playing them to the wire, then went on to say Beings it Montanas first game of the year and Poly has one under its belt I GIVE THE EDGE TO POLY. And What does NDSU not making the playoffs have anything to do with it, don't see you bashing your own fans for predicting a poly win!!!! I never even predicted a blowout 1 TD win for Poly, NOW I might up that!!

DuckDuckGriz
August 31st, 2008, 11:14 PM
You can take all the shots you want but it won't change the outcome in this one. Cal-Poly has a ligitimate shot at making a serious run in the play-offs. Montana does not. This is the best team I have seen that Poly has had. They have a great offense and a pretty decent D.

CP-40
Montana 17

Wow - that conclusion before the first game even? Do you know something I don't?

cats2506
August 31st, 2008, 11:26 PM
I have come to the conclusion that NDSU fans are more obnoxious than either griz or Appy fans, I didn’t think that was possible

CP – 44
um - 23

uofmman1122
August 31st, 2008, 11:27 PM

CP-40
Montana 17Man, you really have a hard-on for hating the Griz. xlolxxrolleyesx

AZGrizFan
August 31st, 2008, 11:29 PM
WHERE does this 41 # keep coming from????

In 2007, NO only ONE team scored more than 30 against the Griz, and that was Jerry Glanville's 31 put up by his vaunted run & shoot offense at PSU.

In 2006 only Weber State was able to hit the 30 point barrier. Even vaunted UMass & McNeese State & SIU couldn't crack the 20 point barrier.

In 2005 (Montana's admitedly weakest team in years) CP put up 35 in the playoff game and EWU put up 34 in a regular season loss...

We have to go all the way back to 9/18/04 to find a I-AA team that put up 41 on the Grizzlies.

Poly Pigskin
August 31st, 2008, 11:40 PM
WHERE does this 41 # keep coming from????

In 2007, NO only ONE team scored more than 30 against the Griz, and that was Jerry Glanville's 31 put up by his vaunted run & shoot offense at PSU.

In 2006 only Weber State was able to hit the 30 point barrier. Even vaunted UMass & McNeese State & SIU couldn't crack the 20 point barrier.

In 2005 (Montana's admitedly weakest team in years) CP put up 35 in the playoff game and EWU put up 34 in a regular season loss...

We have to go all the way back to 9/18/04 to find a I-AA team that put up 41 on the Grizzlies.

Against FCS opponents in 2007, CP averaged 44 ppg; if you count the FBS and DII games the average was 39. 10 starters are back from that offense, and UM has a young defense. I'm not saying we'll crack 40, but it's certainly not out of the realm of possibilities.

AZGrizFan
August 31st, 2008, 11:46 PM
Against FCS opponents in 2007, CP averaged 44 ppg; if you count the FBS and DII games the average was 39. 10 starters are back from that offense, and UM has a young defense. I'm not saying we'll crack 40, but it's certainly not out of the realm of possibilities.

44, that's true, but the big three (63, 56 & 48) were against UNC, Iona (who?) and Idaho State. You also scored 28 against NDSU, 28 against SUU, 24 against Western Oregon etc. The Mustangs may win (in fact, I think they WILL win), but I'll make a bet against ANY Mustangs fan on the over/under @ 41.

UM Hat for a Cal Poly Hat....any takers??? xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

uofmman1122
August 31st, 2008, 11:48 PM
Against FCS opponents in 2007, CP averaged 44 ppg; if you count the FBS and DII games the average was 39. 10 starters are back from that offense, and UM has a young defense. I'm not saying we'll crack 40, but it's certainly not out of the realm of possibilities.Well if we're talking about last year, we also held Wofford to 15 points under their season average. xwhistlex

Can't wait for Saturday. xlolxxthumbsupx

Mustang Man
September 1st, 2008, 12:52 AM
44, that's true, but the big three (63, 56 & 48) were against UNC, Iona (who?) and Idaho State. You also scored 28 against NDSU, 28 against SUU, 24 against Western Oregon etc. The Mustangs may win (in fact, I think they WILL win), but I'll make a bet against ANY Mustangs fan on the over/under @ 41.

UM Hat for a Cal Poly Hat....any takers??? xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

You up for over/under @ 35?

AZGrizFan
September 1st, 2008, 12:53 AM
You up for over/under @ 35?

Nope. It's 41 that's been bandied about by several posters. xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

putter
September 1st, 2008, 12:55 AM
Barden will be a total pain in the a$$ but I think the Griz will surprise on special teams (possibly even taking one for a TD). Everything is on Poly's side on this one - experience, at home, played on game etc but I think the young Griz will keep it close.

Griz - 27
Poly - 28

AZGrizFan
September 1st, 2008, 12:55 AM
There won't be a lot of defense in this one…

Cal Poly - 41
Montana - 31

I think that Cal Poly jumpes out early and Montana doesn't have the offense for a comeback.

Cal Poly 41
Montana 28

42-21 Poly

Cal Poly 2
Montana 0

real prediction

CP 41
UM 27

CP-40
Montana 17

I have come to the conclusion that NDSU fans are more obnoxious than either griz or Appy fans, I didn’t think that was possible

CP – 44
um - 23

Nope. It's 41 that's been bandied about by several posters. xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

I'll go 40. Take it or leave it. Here's 7 who should JUMP at it. xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

Proud Griz Man
September 1st, 2008, 01:16 AM

CP-40
Montana 17

I'll take the Griz + 23. PM me with your wager, Mr. steel. xnodx

AZGrizFan
September 1st, 2008, 01:21 AM

Jesus, NO *****. I want some of that action too!!! xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

AZGrizFan
September 1st, 2008, 01:24 AM

Cal Poly 41
Montana 28

I have to take Poly in this one.

Poly 37
griz 24

42-21 Poly

Cal Poly-35
UM-17

Cal Poly 2
Montana 0

real prediction

CP 41
UM 27

CP-40
Montana 17

CP – 44
um - 23

I want some of all this action too...Anybody willing to spot the Griz 13-21 points is gonna lose money. xlolx xlolx xlolx

mlbowl
September 1st, 2008, 01:57 AM
I refuse to make a prediction until the ultimate Montana fan (wolfman) lets me know who to pickxrolleyesx

JackTwice
September 1st, 2008, 09:30 AM
I love how guesses of scores have turned into actual betting lines. This is the Poly thread not the poli board where everything gets twisted.

The only thing I will throw out there is that SDSU was most successful when it had 2 weeks to prepare for Poly's schemes. Montana has had that.

My final guess is a Poly win. By what score or how much, I have no clue.

Proud Griz Man
September 1st, 2008, 09:50 AM
I love how guesses of scores have turned into actual betting lines. This is the Poly thread not the poli board where everything gets twisted.
The only thing I will throw out there is that SDSU was most successful when it had 2 weeks to prepare for Poly's schemes. Montana has had that.

My final guess is a Poly win. By what score or how much, I have no clue.

Let us review. A NDSU Bison fan says the Griz get worked over by 23+ points and tells a Griz fan to bring his smack back here after week one. xeekx xeyebrowx
I respect Cal Poly and look forward to the game. I can't forecast the game, and haven't tried.

Jacks02
September 1st, 2008, 10:07 AM
While I'd like to see Poly win since they are on our schedule this year, I'm gonna go with the Griz on this one in a close game.

24-21 Grizzlies

Wolfman
September 1st, 2008, 12:03 PM
I refuse to make a prediction until the ultimate Montana fan (wolfman) lets me know who to pickxrolleyesx

I am not the ultimate Griz fan, just one who knows that Bobby Hauck has brought one of the elite programs in the nation down into a mediocre program who can no longer compete on a national stage. If you are comfortable with that fact, then continue to support him. I am not, and will not.

When is the last time the Griz have gone into a IAA game as the underdog? Ever think of that?

Poly 27
Griz 10

uofmman1122
September 1st, 2008, 12:07 PM
When is the last time the Griz have gone into a IAA game as the underdog? Ever think of that?The Griz program was built on being the underdog.

I love it.

Bring 'em on! xnodx

mlbowl
September 1st, 2008, 12:11 PM
Rumors of the Griz demise are a bit premature;)

Uncle Rico's Clan
September 1st, 2008, 12:27 PM
I am curious about how many wins some of these griz "fans" predict the team will have this season.

JALMOND
September 1st, 2008, 12:28 PM
The question I have (well, two actually) and the reason why I'm still trying to objectively figure this game for the Big Sky predictions (I was perfect last week and would like to remain perfect this week)...

1. Is this year's Montana team better than FBS San Diego State? In recent years, this would be a resounding yes. Even with more scholly athletes, the Aztecs would have a tough time with any top FCS team, as shown last week against the Mustangs. The Griz did lose a lot from last year, enough to figure this as a "rebuilding" year. But are they still better than the Aztecs?

2. If they are, can the Griz win on the road in SLO? Cal Poly went on the road last week to beat San Diego State. Most betting places will give the home team a 5-10 point boost in any college football game. A different outcome might happen if this game was played in Missoula this year (it would make it even more interesting). But can the Griz win on the road against what appears to be a very strong Mustang team? That is the question.

Once again I cannot make a prediction on this right now. I will hold off until I post the conference predictions. May take a little longer than usual.

Bison101
September 1st, 2008, 12:31 PM
Hmmmm.. this could be a tough game to predict.....

Cal Poly 24
Montana 21

Montana buckles under pressure in the 4th quarter to throw an interception. Then with 15 seconds left, Cal Poly hits a short FG. Thus, ends the barn-burner of a game.

DuckDuckGriz
September 1st, 2008, 12:32 PM
The question I have (well, two actually) and the reason why I'm still trying to objectively figure this game for the Big Sky predictions (I was perfect last week and would like to remain perfect this week)...

1. Is this year's Montana team better than FBS San Diego State? In recent years, this would be a resounding yes. Even with more scholly athletes, the Aztecs would have a tough time with any top FCS team, as shown last week against the Mustangs. The Griz did lose a lot from last year, enough to figure this as a "rebuilding" year. But are they still better than the Aztecs?

2. If they are, can the Griz win on the road in SLO? Cal Poly went on the road last week to beat San Diego State. Most betting places will give the home team a 5-10 point boost in any college football game. A different outcome might happen if this game was played in Missoula this year (it would make it even more interesting). But can the Griz win on the road against what appears to be a very strong Mustang team? That is the question.

Once again I cannot make a prediction on this right now. I will hold off until I post the conference predictions. May take a little longer than usual.

I'm not really sure you can go off of the San Diego State game. The circumstances are quite different and you have to take it game-by-game. Take for instance, because we beat their opponents, were we better than Colorado in 2006? (Montana State) - Were we better than Hawaii in 2000? (PSU), were we better than TCU in 2004 (Northwestern State) or New Mexico last year (PSU) ?... or was Wofford better than Michigan?

And well.....yeah you get my point. The Mustangs obviously look strong but I would not use this FBS win as a measuring stick, even though you meant it towards UM in a very positive way.

slostang
September 1st, 2008, 12:56 PM
The only prediction I will make is that this will be a great game. It has to be one of the best games this week in the FCS. I do not care how good the Mustangs are this year, Montana has proved year in and year out they are one of the top programs in the FCS and they will be up for this game. Their 15 straight years in the playoffs and two National Championships prove that. I can not wait.

DuckDuckGriz
September 1st, 2008, 12:59 PM
The only prediction I will make is that this will be a great game. It has to be one of the best games this week in the FCS. I do not care how good the Mustangs are this year, Montana has proved year in and year out they are one of the top programs in the FCS and they will be up for this game. Their 15 straight years in the playoffs and two National Championships prove that. I can not wait.

Cal Poly is a program that I am glad has turned things around in the last decade. They went from being a no one to a Western FCS contender - the stadium improvements, team, etc has been fun (and scary) to watch.

JALMOND
September 1st, 2008, 01:05 PM
I'm not really sure you can go off of the San Diego State game. The circumstances are quite different and you have to take it game-by-game. Take for instance, because we beat their opponents, were we better than Colorado in 2006? (Montana State) - Were we better than Hawaii in 2000? (PSU), were we better than TCU in 2004 (Northwestern State) or New Mexico last year (PSU) ?... or was Wofford better than Michigan?

And well.....yeah you get my point. The Mustangs obviously look strong but I would not use this FBS win as a measuring stick, even though you meant it towards UM in a very positive way.

I understand your point, Duck Duck. So difficult to make any predictions really on the game. Even before the San Diego State game, I thought this game would be a tough one for the young Griz team. Recent history does dictate that the Aztecs would have their hands full against any of the top FCS teams, a fact illustrated by the Mustangs winning just last week. The Aztecs would have a tough time against the lower division Pac-10 or even a mid to lower level WAC team (their game this week at Notre Dame could be ugly to watch, even with the Irish's recent football problems). Cal Poly's win was impressive as they got the W against the FBS (the only W for FCS I believe), but I actually was more impressed with some FCS losses to FBS teams than the Mustangs win (EWU's game at Texas Tech, NAU's game at Arizona State, even Davis's game at San Jose State). Even so, it is still tough to objectively take the Griz over Cal Poly by any margin. I just don't see it. To be fair, I didn't see it even before the Mustangs win over San Diego State. Still, anything can happen on Any Given Saturday.

DuckDuckGriz
September 1st, 2008, 01:08 PM
I understand your point, Duck Duck. So difficult to make any predictions really on the game. Even before the San Diego State game, I thought this game would be a tough one for the young Griz team. Recent history does dictate that the Aztecs would have their hands full against any of the top FCS teams, a fact illustrated by the Mustangs winning just last week. The Aztecs would have a tough time against the lower division Pac-10 or even a mid to lower level WAC team (their game this week at Notre Dame could be ugly to watch, even with the Irish's recent football problems). Cal Poly's win was impressive as they got the W against the FBS (the only W for FCS I believe), but I actually was more impressed with some FCS losses to FBS teams than the Mustangs win (EWU's game at Texas Tech, NAU's game at Arizona State, even Davis's game at San Jose State). Even so, it is still tough to objectively take the Griz over Cal Poly by any margin. I just don't see it. To be fair, I didn't see it even before the Mustangs win over San Diego State. Still, anything can happen on Any Given Saturday.

Yeah I agree with you there. I don't know much about this year's Griz but I do know that Saturday will be a dog fight......And that's about it. I do believe you're right though CP got the only FCS-FBS win as far as I know.

Gully
September 1st, 2008, 01:08 PM
I think some may be surprised with how good Cal Poly is this year. Couple that with Montana actually playing a tough opponent away from home and I think Cal Poly will win comfortably. Not that Montana is shabby, just think Cal Poly will really step it up this year.

DuckDuckGriz
September 1st, 2008, 01:09 PM
I think some may be surprised with how good Cal Poly is this year. Couple that with Montana actually playing a tough opponent away from home and I think Cal Poly will win comfortably. Not that Montana is shabby, just think Cal Poly will really step it up this year.

Like I posted earlier - playing a tough OOC is not unfamiliar to Montana at all. Infact, 2007 was the only year they did not play a tough OOC opponent on the road.

Gully
September 1st, 2008, 01:26 PM
Like I posted earlier - playing a tough OOC is not unfamiliar to Montana at all. Infact, 2007 was the only year they did not play a tough OOC opponent on the road.

Ok, I guess I didn't actually go look at your schedule.....my memory was telling me that you rarely played OOC road games. I am getting old and my memory "ain't what it used to be"...I'll look it up now.

elkmcc
September 1st, 2008, 01:49 PM
I am not the ultimate Griz fan, just one who knows that Bobby Hauck has brought one of the elite programs in the nation down into a mediocre program who can no longer compete on a national stage. If you are comfortable with that fact, then continue to support him. I am not, and will not.

When is the last time the Griz have gone into a IAA game as the underdog? Ever think of that?

Poly 27
Griz 10

I am curious about how many wins some of these griz "fans" predict the team will have this season.

Referring to Wolfman as a Griz fan would be a lot like referring to Bin Laden as a philanthropist. This dude has twisted his narsisstic persona quite literally into the boy who cried wolf. How fitting the name wolfman. He has been consistently wrong so many times yet he is committed to continue to predict the demise of the Griz until it becomes the truth. His obviously faulty heuristics repeated over and over again by wolfman are proof that this guy has more than a few mental problems.

Wolfman: Take a hint and get some help. You need it!
Alpha: Any of this sound familiar to you? I still have a modicum of respect for you but it is waning fast.

Wolfman
September 1st, 2008, 01:50 PM
The Griz program was built on being the underdog.

I love it.

Bring 'em on! xnodx

What have you been smoking? We have not been the underdog going into any IAA game since Bobby Hauck took the reigns. Even in the 2003 NC game versus James Madison, we were favored in Vegas by 5 points. Two years ago, the Vegas line when we lost to UMASS in the quarters, we were a 2-point favorite.

Since Vegas does not make book on regular season FCS games, there is no line. But I assure you that the Griz would not be favored against Cal Poly if there were.

I though Hauck was a great recruiter? This year's team is all Hauck recruits. The "young" excuse is pathetic, because the reason they are "young" is because of the high level of attrition of Hauck recruits the past few years. Players quit, transfer, or are kicked off for criminal activities so often, that we never keep many of the players who make up his recruiting classes more than a year or two. We are always patching holes with IA transfers, many of them other teams' problems, which then causes problems on our team.

In every one of Haucks years (5), except for last season, when he had so many seniors that he couldn't use this excuse, he always talks about how "young" his teams are. Gets pretty old.

bombDiggiD
September 1st, 2008, 01:58 PM
Poly wins. They are tough at home. Not sure Montana will be able to hang with them. Poly has some studs on that team that play big time at home.

Poly by 2+ TD's.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 1st, 2008, 02:44 PM
What have you been smoking? We have not been the underdog going into any IAA game since Bobby Hauck took the reigns. Even in the 2003 NC game versus James Madison, we were favored in Vegas by 5 points. Two years ago, the Vegas line when we lost to UMASS in the quarters, we were a 2-point favorite.

Since Vegas does not make book on regular season FCS games, there is no line. But I assure you that the Griz would not be favored against Cal Poly if there were.

I though Hauck was a great recruiter? This year's team is all Hauck recruits. The "young" excuse is pathetic, because the reason they are "young" is because of the high level of attrition of Hauck recruits the past few years. Players quit, transfer, or are kicked off for criminal activities so often, that we never keep many of the players who make up his recruiting classes more than a year or two. We are always patching holes with IA transfers, many of them other teams' problems, which then causes problems on our team.

In every one of Haucks years (5), except for last season, when he had so many seniors that he couldn't use this excuse, he always talks about how "young" his teams are. Gets pretty old.

It was 2004 buddy...

Green26
September 1st, 2008, 03:03 PM
Playing CP on the road will be a tough game for the Griz. CP has a nice win over San Diego St., and the Griz will be playing their first game.

Given CP's nice win and the location of the game, many will consider CP the favorite. Certainly, the majority in this thread see CP as the favorite.

Hauck doesn't make excuses, and isn't making excuses this year. However, it is a fact that UM has considerable rebuilding to do this year.

UM has to replace 14 starters, including 4 players currently on NFL rosters, both kickers, the Buchanan award winner, 5 of its top 6 linebackers including all starters, and one of its best ever running backs. Two of the top 3 cornerbacks at this time are true frosh, due in part to injuries. Five other true frosh are in the two-deep depth chart at this time.

No I-A dropdowns were brought in this year, altho a walk-on kicker transferred from Purdue. I assume he's walking on at UM too. UM has only Three I-A dropdowns in its 2-deep depth chart, all of whom are starting o-lineman. I didn't include the new kicker, because he's not really a "dropdown" and its not clear where he will end up on the depth chart.

Tod
September 1st, 2008, 06:21 PM
Though I'm not participating in the AGS poll (damn job), I was seriously considering voting Cal-Poly #1 in the pre-season. Their win over SDSU only helps to confirm my belief. As a Griz fan, it's hard to pick against my own team, and I'll be cheering on the Griz, but Cal-Poly will win by multiple scores, double digits.

I'll be more than happy to eat crow on Saturday. xnodx xnodx

Wolfman
September 1st, 2008, 06:31 PM
Playing CP on the road will be a tough game for the Griz. CP has a nice win over San Diego St., and the Griz will be playing their first game.

Given CP's nice win and the location of the game, many will consider CP the favorite. Certainly, the majority in this thread see CP as the favorite.

Hauck doesn't make excuses, and isn't making excuses this year. However, it is a fact that UM has considerable rebuilding to do this year.

UM has to replace 14 starters, including 4 players currently on NFL rosters, both kickers, the Buchanan award winner, 5 of its top 6 linebackers including all starters, and one of its best ever running backs. Two of the top 3 cornerbacks at this time are true frosh, due in part to injuries. Five other true frosh are in the two-deep depth chart at this time.

No I-A dropdowns were brought in this year, altho a walk-on kicker transferred from Purdue. I assume he's walking on at UM too. UM has only Three I-A dropdowns in its 2-deep depth chart, all of whom are starting o-lineman. I didn't include the new kicker, because he's not really a "dropdown" and its not clear where he will end up on the depth chart.

Yeah, the other IA drop-downs are in JAIL for felonies. Did you forget to mention that little fact, Greenie?

Does it get old being the king of the UM sugar coaters every season?

Wolfman
September 1st, 2008, 06:33 PM
It was 2004 buddy...

So what! The point is still the same. Leave it to an EWU Eagle fan to focus on the trival at the expense of the true point. Why don't you take Hauck, and we'll take your head coach. Wanna trade??? xeyebrowx

nevadagriz
September 1st, 2008, 06:54 PM
I like the idea that Hauck has been preparing for Poly for a long time! Any one remeber what happened against Idaho when hauck had time to prepare. Hauck will have the players ready and they may not win but will not roll over! If at any point late in the game it looks like the Griz may win ,I will call and make sure the fargo ND suicide hotline is well stafffed to help bison fans cope.

God I wish we would open the season AT ndsu next year!

SteelCurtain
September 1st, 2008, 07:56 PM
Not sure why the suicide lines would be open in Fargo. You must have a very inflated ego if you think people even care much about that game.

But would play you any time in Fargo. Why don't you call up your AD and get him on the phone and tell him what you think.

I know we would take that game any time!! Would love to Have you here.

uofmman1122
September 1st, 2008, 10:28 PM
Trying to get this thread back on track, which is almost impossible, this being a Montana thread, I think it'll come down to a few things:

1. I think our offense was better over-all last season, but we're a lot faster now, too. Cal Poly has had some stellar defenses the past few years, so if Montana can fare well, we'll keep it a lot closer.

2. Our run defense will be good in the trenches, but the outside runs need to be bottled up, since we have 2 new guys as our starting CBs. That being said, our LBs are, from what i know, faster than last year, but unproven. It should help.

3. As stated before, the passing defense is where we'll make or break this game. My $.02: Colt Anderson or Shann Schillinger need to lay some wood on Ramses Barden and get him off his game. Cal Poly has some good WRs, but if we don't shut down Barden, he'll scorch us, and we'll have a terrible time trying to play catchup.

4. Kind of goes with #3, but our Corners will need to really buckle down and play a phenominal game. They are by far our weakest points on defense.

5. Get pressure on Daly. Our guys have always been good when it comes to pressure and sacks, but I think our coaches should throw in a few extra saftey, CB, and linebacker blitzes to throw them off. If the Cal Poly offense finds a rhythm, it could be a long day for our defense. \

Sorry to actually talk about the game by interupting the Bobby Hauck arguments and whether or not Montana will make the playoffs arguments. xlolx

If you guys want to argue about those things, take it to another thread. xpeacex

slostang
September 1st, 2008, 10:36 PM
Montana has had all camp to prepare for this game. Cal Poly has both a unique offense and defense and teams that have a bye week always do better against Cal Poly. Cal Poly will have to bring their A game to win this game.

Syntax Error
September 1st, 2008, 10:40 PM
Trying to get this thread back on track, which is almost impossible, this being a Montana thread... 我看见它在您的署名:
モンタナ大学が負けられない!グリズリズはボゾ猫がよく死ぬ。

非常爱和那么一点怨恨 xnodx

uofmman1122
September 1st, 2008, 10:46 PM
我看见它在您的署名:
モンタナ大学が負けられない!グリズリズはボゾ猫がよく死ぬ。

非常爱和那么一点怨恨 xnodx日本語 =/= 中国語
でも、その文は本当に日本語。。。分からない。 (笑) xlolx

Syntax Error
September 1st, 2008, 11:37 PM
日本語 =/= 中国語
でも、その文は本当に日本語。。。分からない。 (笑) xlolx日语,汉语,尊敬是什么事 关

所有日本人是汉语开始

孔夫子 采取中国和震动,所有胡说的卷向日本 xnodx :)

slostang
September 1st, 2008, 11:40 PM
Back on topic please. If you are on topic, please back to english so the rest of us can join in.xlolx xnodx xlolx

putter
September 1st, 2008, 11:40 PM
日语,汉语,尊敬是什么事关

所有日本人是汉语开始 xnodx :)

Hey, no fair publishing the Montana playbook before the game!! xlolx

DuckDuckGriz
September 1st, 2008, 11:43 PM
Hey, no fair publishing the Montana playbook before the game!! xlolx

You obviously have not seen the updated 08 version!

http://smellyann.typepad.com/you_and_me_against_the_wo/images/2008/05/09/mommy_picture.jpg

putter
September 1st, 2008, 11:46 PM
You obviously have not seen the updated 08 version!

http://smellyann.typepad.com/you_and_me_against_the_wo/images/2008/05/09/mommy_picture.jpg

so which one is Dennison?

DuckDuckGriz
September 1st, 2008, 11:54 PM
so which one is Dennison?

Hint: tie. Dennison keeps it classy

JALMOND
September 2nd, 2008, 12:05 AM
Montana has had all camp to prepare for this game. Cal Poly has both a unique offense and defense and teams that have a bye week always do better against Cal Poly. Cal Poly will have to bring their A game to win this game.

We all remember what happened to Montana State when they got a win against an FBS team a couple years ago. They definitely came out flat the next game at home. Hard to imagine a game in the second week of the season having playoff implications, but that is exactly what this game has. No doubt both will be ready (at least both teams better be ready).

DuckDuckGriz
September 2nd, 2008, 12:09 AM
We all remember what happened to Montana State when they got a win against an FBS team a couple years ago. They definitely came out flat the next game at home. Hard to imagine a game in the second week of the season having playoff implications, but that is exactly what this game has. No doubt both will be ready (at least both teams better be ready).

Oh god I almost forgot about that. Thanks for the chuckle!

BTW Jalmond I know it's early but you gonna be in Portland this year for PSU-UM?

ursus arctos horribilis
September 2nd, 2008, 12:11 AM
Oh god I almost forgot about that. Thanks for the chuckle!

BTW Jalmond I know it's early but you gonna be in Portland this year for PSU-UM?

more importantly is that you have not reported on the "Missoula Encounter" thread on the other board. Work on it.

Syntax Error
September 2nd, 2008, 12:14 AM
more importantly is that you have not reported on the "Missoula Encounter" thread on the other board.Few will. they are busy here... like you. xcoffeex See you in SLO?

Proud Griz Man
September 2nd, 2008, 09:25 AM

I seriously doubt that an Ellerson-coached team will be unprepared and unmotivated. Not from what I have observed over the years.

Proud Griz Man
September 2nd, 2008, 09:32 AM
Referring to Wolfman as a Griz fan would be a lot like referring to Bin Laden as a philanthropist. This dude has twisted his narsisstic persona quite literally into the boy who cried wolf. How fitting the name wolfman. He has been consistently wrong so many times yet he is committed to continue to predict the demise of the Griz until it becomes the truth. His obviously faulty heuristics repeated over and over again by wolfman are proof that this guy has more than a few mental problems.

Alpha: Any of this sound familiar to you? I still have a modicum of respect for you but it is waning fast.

rep points for you jim.xbowx

appfan2008
September 2nd, 2008, 09:39 AM
I think cal poly will take this one... but it sure should be quite a game... and definately will be the game of the week

ursus arctos horribilis
September 2nd, 2008, 09:40 AM
pac10jim is funny.

Stang Fever
September 2nd, 2008, 09:48 AM

Cal Poly 41
Montana 28

This is what I believe will happen too.

Stang Fever
September 2nd, 2008, 09:54 AM
Trying to get this thread back on track, which is almost impossible, this being a Montana thread, I think it'll come down to a few things:

1. I think our offense was better over-all last season, but we're a lot faster now, too. Cal Poly has had some stellar defenses the past few years, so if Montana can fare well, we'll keep it a lot closer.

2. Our run defense will be good in the trenches, but the outside runs need to be bottled up, since we have 2 new guys as our starting CBs. That being said, our LBs are, from what i know, faster than last year, but unproven. It should help.

3. As stated before, the passing defense is where we'll make or break this game. My $.02: Colt Anderson or Shann Schillinger need to lay some wood on Ramses Barden and get him off his game. Cal Poly has some good WRs, but if we don't shut down Barden, he'll scorch us, and we'll have a terrible time trying to play catchup.

4. Kind of goes with #3, but our Corners will need to really buckle down and play a phenominal game. They are by far our weakest points on defense.

5. Get pressure on Daly. Our guys have always been good when it comes to pressure and sacks, but I think our coaches should throw in a few extra saftey, CB, and linebacker blitzes to throw them off. If the Cal Poly offense finds a rhythm, it could be a long day for our defense. \

Sorry to actually talk about the game by interupting the Bobby Hauck arguments and whether or not Montana will make the playoffs arguments. xlolx

If you guys want to argue about those things, take it to another thread. xpeacex

Respone to #5: You dont blitz the triple option. Cause you are going to guess wrong more times then right. And when you guess wrong that normally is a touchdown!

Wolfman
September 2nd, 2008, 10:35 AM

"Been wrong so many times?" In your dreams, cupcake. I predicted the first loss to the Cats by a Montana team in 17 years. I also predicted our losses to UMASS and Wofford in the playoffs. Oh, so you will not incorrectly state that I just always predict Griz losses, I correctly predicted our 3 playoff wins in 2004 leading up to the NC game against, JMU, in which I correctly predicted a Griz loss. Gee, it is easy being so smart, if you are a former athlete, and know the game of football.....something you would not identify with. Especially when competing against non-athlete sugar coaters like your and your buddies. xthumbsupx

ncbears
September 2nd, 2008, 10:38 AM
I'll go with Montana on this one.

AZGrizFan
September 2nd, 2008, 12:31 PM
more importantly is that you have not reported on the "Missoula Encounter" thread on the other board. Work on it.

Few will. they are busy here... like you. xcoffeex See you in SLO?

Way to keep it classy, SE. We'd expect nothing less from you. xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

Montanan
September 2nd, 2008, 12:50 PM
"Been wrong so many times?" In your dreams, cupcake. I predicted the first loss to the Cats by a Montana team in 17 years. I also predicted our losses to UMASS and Wofford in the playoffs. Oh, so you will not incorrectly state that I just always predict Griz losses, I correctly predicted our 3 playoff wins in 2004 leading up to the NC game against, JMU, in which I correctly predicted a Griz loss. Gee, it is easy being so smart, if you are a former athlete, and know the game of football.....something you would not identify with. Especially when competing against non-athlete sugar coaters like your and your buddies. xthumbsupx

highlighted is pure nonsense , you DO predict we will lose every game.

KAUMASS
September 2nd, 2008, 01:16 PM
Here is an East Coast take on this game.

With Montana's reputation for reloading year in, year out, and not having played a game this year, it's dead even on paper. Here are the variables:

Cal Poly @ home-+3 (CP)
Cal Poly @ home against Montana, who sometimes doesn't play well on the road(that's my take from AGS-I don't have the stats) +3(CP)
Cal Poly beating a FBS squad week prior=+6(CP)
Cal Poly being banged up after a FBS game=-3(CP)
Montana being healthy, rearing to go-+2(UM)
Montana's first game of the year=-1(UM)

Bottom line total Cal Poly +8

Good luck to both teams and I am planning on listening to it on radio if I can't find it on the internet or t.v. somewhere.

Grizaholic17
September 2nd, 2008, 01:33 PM
Cal Poly is a great team...and I don't believe hey have hardly any injuries, and they are going to come out pumped up after their victory. I am expecting Montana to be outplayed in the first half. And coming back slightly in the second, coming down to the last few minutes of the game. I hope we can do it.

appfan2008
September 2nd, 2008, 01:34 PM

With Montana's reputation for reloading year in, year out, and not having played a game this year, it's dead even on paper. Here are the variables:

Cal Poly @ home-+3 (CP)
Cal Poly @ home against Montana, who sometimes doesn't play well on the road(that's my take from AGS-I don't have the stats) +3(CP)

Good luck to both teams and I am planning on listening to it on radio if I can't find it on the internet or t.v. somewhere.

i like that analysis... it is true that all we know about those teams out west is from right here on anygivensaturday

slostang
September 2nd, 2008, 02:02 PM

Cal Poly @ home-+3 (CP)

I think it will be on Big Sky TV for free. Any Montana fans know the details of Big Sky TV and if they will air this game?

Grizzaholic
September 2nd, 2008, 03:05 PM
I think it will be on Big Sky TV for free. Any Montana fans know the details of Big Sky TV and if they will air this game?

Yes they will. It will be free, but remember that you get what you pay for.

Ronbo
September 2nd, 2008, 03:23 PM
The feed for the Weber State game was decent clarity of picture. There were frequent digital breakups but nothing terrible and some freezing. The PSU game never even showed up, and the Sac. State game the picture was over exposed and unwatchable.

It depends it looks like on the camera work and feed that the host school sends out. If the Cal Poly game sucks on Big Sky TV then it mostly the fault of Cal Poly doing a poor job of filming the game and sending out a good feed.

Syntax Error
September 2nd, 2008, 03:30 PM
The feed for the Weber State game was decent clarity of picture. There were frequent digital breakups but nothing terrible and some freezing. The PSU game never even showed up, and the Sac. State game the picture was over exposed and unwatchable.

It depends it looks like on the camera work and feed that the host school sends out. If the Cal Poly game sucks on Big Sky TV then it mostly the fault of Cal Poly doing a poor job of filming the game and sending out a good feed.Thank you Ronbo (yes, I said it). The feed is ALWAYS up to what the schools send.

coover
September 2nd, 2008, 03:40 PM
I was at the SDSU - Cal Poly game and this is what I saw ...

Poly offense ... very strong. They should have scored at least 2 more touchdowns. Poly's offensive line can be very punishing, and if Montana does not have quality defensive line backups,they will be in trouble. Ramses Barden is a horse (as long as he doesn't trip over his own feet). Montana should be very concerned.

Poly defense ... the line and the linebackers were strong. Montana will have difficulty running and throwing short passes. However, Poly's defensive backfield can be beaten. If Montana can throw long ... the final score could be very high. It should be noted, however, that SDSU QB had an extremely accurate arm. Montana will need one, too.

Poly's kicking game is erratic, at best. Kickoffs were mostly short, though they had one decent one. The field goal kicker has distance and accuracy problems. In fact, his short FG to win the game at the end was barely good. 40 yard field goals will be rare (hopefully, he will not be asked to kick many this season). Punting, however, is a strength. The punter showed that he could kick the ball very high and about 40 yards beyond the line of scrimmage. While the kick is in the air, Poly was able to get down field quickly enough to ensure that there was no run back.

Of course, I have no idea what kind of team Montana will put on the field (other than it being very strong), but I do expect the score will be something like Mustangs 45 - Grizz 21

Screamin_Eagle174
September 2nd, 2008, 03:41 PM
Eh, well it'll be better than nothing. I'll definitely be watching this game and listening to my Eagles take on CU.

Ronin
September 2nd, 2008, 04:00 PM
Should be a good test for the Griz.

slostang
September 2nd, 2008, 04:01 PM

It depends it looks like on the camera work and feed that the host school sends out. If the Cal Poly game sucks on Big Sky TV then it mostly the fault of Cal Poly doing a poor job of filming the game and sending out a good feed.

Cal Poly does not video stream their games. The only filming they do is for the team video to break down after the game by the coaches. The filming of this game that will be video streamed on Big Sky TV will be done by the Montana television station airing it back in Montana. As far as Cal Poly's press box it is two years old and state of the art. Any problems with the Big Sky TV product will not be on Cal Poly's end, but thanks for your concern Ronbo.xwhistlex

slostang
September 2nd, 2008, 04:07 PM

Poly offense ... very strong. They should have scored at least 2 more touchdowns. Poly's offensive line can be very punishing, and if Montana does not have quality defensive line backups,they will be in trouble. Ramses Barden is a horse (as long as he doesn't trip over his own feet). Montana should be very concerned.

Poly defense ... the line and the linebackers were strong. Montana will have difficulty running and throwing short passes. However, Poly's defensive backfield can be beaten. If Montana can throw long ... the final score could be very high. It should be noted, however, that SDSU QB had an extremely accurate arm. Montana will need one, too.

Poly's kicking game is erratic, at best. Kickoffs were mostly short, though they had one decent one. The field goal kicker has distance and accuracy problems. In fact, his short FG to win the game at the end was barely good. 40 yard field goals will be rare (hopefully, he will not be asked to kick many this season). Punting, however, is a strength. The punter showed that he could kick the ball very high and about 40 yards beyond the line of scrimmage. While the kick is in the air, Poly was able to get down field quickly enough to ensure that there was no run back.

Of course, I have no idea what kind of team Montana will put on the field (other than it being very strong), but I do expect the score will be something like Mustangs 45 - Grizz 21

What I saw on defense when it came to passing was that the San Diego QB was throwing short passes that were darts. He did not have very many bad throws. He did not line up under cetner and got the ball out of his hands quickly from the Shotgun. He only completed a few long balls, mainly because if he held on to the ball very long he had the Mustangs breathing down his neck. They all but gave up on the run in the second half after the Mustangs held them (their line had a 50 lbs per man advantage) to only 27 yards rushing on 23 attempts.

It will be interesting to see if the Griz use a similar stratagy on Saturday.

AZGrizFan
September 2nd, 2008, 04:45 PM

All you ****ers pickin' Poly by 20, 21, 23, 25, etc.....are ANY of you willing to put your money where your mouth is and GIVE those points?

xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex

Yeah, I thought not......

Buncha pussies.... xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

extremerouge
September 2nd, 2008, 08:08 PM
All you ****ers pickin' Poly by 20, 21, 23, 25, etc.....are ANY of you willing to put your money where your mouth is and GIVE those points?

wow you are really taking offense to that huh...xeyebrowx

Grizaholic17
September 2nd, 2008, 08:20 PM
wow you are really taking offense to that huh...xeyebrowx

Welcome to the posts by AZGriz, there is a warning underneath to each post.

WARNING: some posts may cause alarm, but only to newbies. SO GET USED TO IT.

xpeacex xpeacex xpeacex xpeacex xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

sikolec
September 2nd, 2008, 08:31 PM

I'll pick them by 22 :p

DuckDuckGriz
September 2nd, 2008, 08:32 PM
You guys are forgetting - Montana is 11-1 all-time against Cal Poly. I don't think win 12 will come by any means easy (this will be the hardest test vs CP) but I think predictions of a blowout before UM has even taken a snap are a little far-fetched. Homer alert, yes. But they are far fetched.

Grizaholic17
September 2nd, 2008, 08:36 PM
You guys are forgetting - Montana is 11-1 all-time against Cal Poly. I don't think win 12 will come by any means easy (this will be the hardest test vs CP) but I think predictions of a blowout before UM has even taken a snap are a little far-fetched. Homer alert, yes. But they are far fetched.

Well, comparing what they've heard I don't blame them. And history in a scenario like this is taking drastic measures. I believe the griz will do fine. They will make it close, we always find a way. At least our offense is a well oiled machine. Expect surprises from Hauck. He will take more chances with this new team.

sikolec
September 2nd, 2008, 08:41 PM
I don't think this game will be a blow out by any means. I think this will be a well hard fought game by both teams. I can easily see the final score being very close (under a touchdown between teams). Unfortunately Cal Poly has not started school so there will be a lot less students in attendance.

I hope I can get myself down there for this great game! 4 1/2 hour drive seems very worth it xrotatehx

elkmcc
September 2nd, 2008, 08:45 PM

Wolfboy:

You are not bright enough get your facts straight let alone realize that I just baited you into demonstrating your pathetic narcissistic personality for everyone to see. xlolx

BTW, I certainly don't feel the need to recite my athletic background to you or anyone else as my self esteem is based more on my pride in my accomplishments in raising five wonderful children (who probably have more athletic ability in their respective thumbs than you have in entire disillusioned self) and not on some comparitively trivial athletic abilities of my own.

However, if you insist on on finding out what it feels like to have the ***** kicked out of your miserably inadequate self I would happily oblige.

Grizaholic17
September 2nd, 2008, 08:46 PM
Wolfboy:

You are not bright enough get your facts straight let alone realize that I just baited you into demonstrating your pathetic narcissistic personality for everyone to see. xlolx

BTW, I certainly don't feel the need to recite my athletic background to you or anyone else as my self esteem is based more on my pride in my accomplishments in raising five wonderful children (who probably have more athletic ability in their respective thumbs than you have in entire disillusioned self) and not on some comparitively trivial athletic abilities of my own.

However, if you insist on on finding out what it feels like to have the ***** kicked out of your miserably inadequate self I would happily oblige.

Wolfman is just better than us all. We get it. He knows how to predict things.

Wolfman
September 3rd, 2008, 12:14 AM
Wolfboy:

What a joke you are. Tough guy. I would hit you so hard that by the time you stop spinning, your clothes would be out of date.... xlolx

mvemjsunpx
September 3rd, 2008, 01:43 AM
Tough guy. I would hit you so hard that by the time you stop spinning, your clothes would be out of date.... xlolx

Just like that joke…

Poly Pigskin
September 3rd, 2008, 03:18 AM

The 11-1 record might mean a little bit more if we played every year and if some of those games had been in SLO more recently than 2001 xpeacex

dprichar
September 3rd, 2008, 04:58 AM
I'm not so sure this game is going to be on Big Sky TV. If I remember right, last year I had to pay about $20 to watch all the Poly home games through CSTV. I don't think Poly would give it to the Big Sky for free. The quality of the feed was pretty good though (when it worked).

elkmcc
September 3rd, 2008, 07:54 AM
What a joke you are. Tough guy. I would hit you so hard that by the time you stop spinning, your clothes would be out of date.... xlolx

Threats from the geriatric section. I'm shaking in my boots.xeekx

OB55
September 3rd, 2008, 08:04 AM
Tough opener for UM. Poly has a game under their belt and a good one at that. One game does not a season make, but the Griz can set the stage for the rest of the season with a great effort at Poly win or lose.

Ronbo
September 3rd, 2008, 08:54 AM
Cal Poly does not video stream their games. The only filming they do is for the team video to break down after the game by the coaches. The filming of this game that will be video streamed on Big Sky TV will be done by the Montana television station airing it back in Montana. As far as Cal Poly's press box it is two years old and state of the art. Any problems with the Big Sky TV product will not be on Cal Poly's end, but thanks for your concern Ronbo.xwhistlex

That's good as the Weber State game was a TV telecast and it was an OK feed. There just seemed to be some bandwidth problems, thus the minor freezing and breakup. But it was watchable.

uofmman1122
September 3rd, 2008, 08:59 AM
http://streamingmedia.montanagrizzlies.com/umgriz/2008_2009/Football/Multimedia/at_Cal_Poly/sept2.wmv

Press Conference on Cal Poly. xthumbsupx

Thundering_Herd
September 3rd, 2008, 11:19 AM
Montana fans are funnier than hell! They get so worked up it's rediculous! Anyhoo, Cal Poly has a potent offense and the Montana defense is _________? Ramses Barden will have these guys crying by halftime:
MLB-10-Shawn Lebsock, 6-0, 225, Jr
SLB-25-Brandon Fisher, 5-10, 205 So
WLB-56-Tyler Corwin, 6-3, 230, Sr
CB(B)-3-Andrew Swink, 5-9, 175, Jr
CB(F)-2-Trumaine Johnson, 6-3, 180, Fr
FS-39-Shann Schillinger, 6-1, 199, Jr
SS-19-Colt Anderson, 5-11, 190, Sr

Only thing I see Montana has is a big, ******** O-line! Montana will start flat, CP will come out guns blazing. Montana will probably get better as the game goes on, but by the second half, it'll be too late! Griz fans will like this one: Cal Poly 45 Montana 17

slostang
September 3rd, 2008, 11:25 AM
Link: http://gopoly.com/index.php?p=videos&id=53201

It takes a little time to load.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 3rd, 2008, 11:28 AM
I hope the dude from Marshall is wrong on his score.

slostang
September 3rd, 2008, 11:29 AM
http://streamingmedia.montanagrizzlies.com/umgriz/2008_2009/Football/Multimedia/at_Cal_Poly/sept2.wmv

Press Conference on Cal Poly. xthumbsupx

Bobby Hauck is a great coach. That being said I think he is sand bagging a little. Cal Poly will be a challenge, but he is 4 and 1 against Ellerson. This game has me worried.

BTW, the Griz players looked very polished in front of the camera. They represent UM very well.

Proud Griz Man
September 3rd, 2008, 11:57 AM
Bobby Hauck is a great coach. That being said I think he is sand bagging a little. Cal Poly will be a challenge, but he is 4 and 1 against Ellerson. This game has me worried.

BTW, the Griz players looked very polished in front of the camera. They represent UM very well.

That is one Californian and three Montana kids. Two of the Montanans were walk-ons that later earned scholarships.

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080903/SPORTS/809030318/1006/SPORTS

UM, despite being ranked No. 5 this week in the Sports Network poll of FCS teams, probably will be the underdog against No. 11 Cal Poly Saturday night in San Luis Obispo, Calif. "I'm sure they'll be favored to beat us down there," Hauck said Tuesday before practice. "It's been a long time since we've been underdogs, so this will be different. Every year is different, every team is different."

Cal Poly (1-0) is coming off a 29-27 victory Saturday night at San Diego State, a Football Bowl Subdivision team that has lost twice in the past three years to the Mustangs. "We were fortunate to win," said Cal Poly coach Rich Ellerson, whose team needed a last-second field goal to win. "We won the turnover battle five to one, and you should be able to beat the Green Bay Packers with a turnover ratio like that," added the veteran coach. Cal Poly outgained the favored Aztecs 483 to 379.

"They went down there and beat San Diego State again, and the game was more lopsided than the score," said Hauck.

UM used to own its "rivalry" with Cal Poly, winning the first 11 times the teams met, sometimes by scores like 43-0 (1996) and 53-3 (2000). But since Ellerson arrived, the games have gotten much closer, and in the 2005 playoffs, the Mustangs finally broke through with a 35-21 upset in Missoula. UM prevailed 10-9 the next year, and the schools didn't meet in 2007. This week's game is the first of a four-game series against Cal Poly, with the Mustangs coming to Washington-Grizzly Stadium the next three seasons. "Playing Montana will be great for our fans," said Ellerson. "They'll see how good that football program is."

I think I heard somewhere that it is a five-game series, with 1-SLO, 3-Msla, and 1-SLO.

putter
September 3rd, 2008, 02:22 PM
I hope the dude from Marshall is wrong on his score.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx OH SNAP!!

Ronbo
September 3rd, 2008, 03:29 PM
Montana fans are funnier than hell! They get so worked up it's rediculous! Anyhoo, Cal Poly has a potent offense and the Montana defense is _________? Ramses Barden will have these guys crying by halftime:

Only thing I see Montana has is a big, ******** O-line! Montana will start flat, CP will come out guns blazing. Montana will probably get better as the game goes on, but by the second half, it'll be too late! Griz fans will like this one: Cal Poly 45 Montana 17

It's going to be fun razzing you when you end up with 3 losses in the MVC conference this year and go 8-4.

Must be worrisome to be stuck in a city basketball arena that will never seat any more than it does now. We'll keep expanding to 35,000 and you'll still be in the city barn at 18,000 something. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xthumbsupx

Thundering_Herd
September 3rd, 2008, 03:31 PM
Sounds like Montana's coach already knows he's going to lose....
xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

I'd be defensive towards NDSU fans if I were a fan of the Griz too!

It's not our fault your whole world is crumbling all around you!!! It's gotta be a lot to take knowing that: Cal Poly will pound the Griz, that Eastern Washington will win the Big Cupcake conference, and that the Griz may not make the playoffs this year! IF Montana does make the playoffs, they might finally be forced to come to the Fargodome where they'll lose to the 'new kid' in their first year of eligibility!!! What do you have to look forward to this year? Sorry Montana...

CrunchGriz
September 3rd, 2008, 03:38 PM

Crying by halftime? Only if this guy in maroon hasn't already made him hear footsteps every time he looks for the ball.

Just wonderin'...have you ever seen Montana's defense play, especially this Buchanan Award Watch candidate?

He doesn't just knock heads, he makes helmets fly off.

And no, I'm not exaggerating.

AZGrizFan
September 3rd, 2008, 03:39 PM

So, will YOU man up and spot me 28 points and bet hats?

Anyone? Anyone? Beuller? xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

Ronbo
September 3rd, 2008, 03:48 PM
Sounds like Montana's coach already knows he's going to lose....
xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

I'd be defensive towards NDSU fans if I were a fan of the Griz too!

It's not our fault your whole world is crumbling all around you!!! It's gotta be a lot to take knowing that: Cal Poly will pound the Griz, that Eastern Washington will win the Big Cupcake conference, and that the Griz may not make the playoffs this year! IF Montana does make the playoffs, they might finally be forced to come to the Fargodome where they'll lose to the 'new kid' in their first year of eligibility!!! What do you have to look forward to this year? Sorry Montana...

Dude, dude, dude, we have expanded our stadium by 7,000 since 2000. We have added a deluxe stadium club, the largest video board in FCS, and a half million dollar sound system. Our 26,000 fans stand and scream through the entire game. Our football program netted in profit more than yours made total gross last year. We net $2.5 million profit. We'll make a million on just the MSU game this year and our net should exceed 3 million profit this season.xnodx

On the other hand NDSU plays in a barn. Fans complain you have very poor tailgating and your fans sit on their hands during the game. What's a game ticket? $15? $18? Do you make any money for the program? What was your profit last season? xrulesx

Oh yeah the Griz program is crumbling! You are pathetic.xsmhx

Thundering_Herd
September 3rd, 2008, 03:51 PM
My response will be in smack. Griz fans are rattled too easily!

ursus arctos horribilis
September 3rd, 2008, 04:45 PM
My response will be in smack. Griz fans are rattled too easily!

Marshall, every time you start getting your ass handed to you this is what you post. Start working on a new shtick. This one has kinda been played out and it's bordering on hack.

Good luck against Wisconsin this weekend though.

FCS Go!
September 3rd, 2008, 05:58 PM
Marshall, every time you start getting your ass handed to you this is what you post. Start working on a new shtick. This one has kinda been played out and it's bordering on hack.

Good luck against Wisconsin this weekend though.

xsmileyclapx

Thundering_Herd
September 3rd, 2008, 06:53 PM
Dude, dude, dude, we have expanded our stadium by 7,000 since 2000. We have added a deluxe stadium club, the largest video board in FCS, and a half million dollar sound system. Our 26,000 fans stand and scream through the entire game. Our football program netted in profit more than yours made total gross last year. We net $2.5 million profit. We'll make a million on just the MSU game this year and our net should exceed 3 million profit this season.xnodx

On the other hand NDSU plays in a barn. Fans complain you have very poor tailgating and your fans sit on their hands during the game. What's a game ticket? $15? $18? Do you make any money for the program? What was your profit last season? xrulesx

Oh yeah the Griz program is crumbling! You are pathetic.xsmhx

OK, you spend and make all of this money, but it doesn't change the fact that your fb team is not the best in FCS. Money will help you buy out of the Cal Poly game, but it won't stop you from getting your a**es handed to you by CP. You've got loyal fans and all of this money so you should be a dominant team, but you're not. You play a good team and it's got you guys worried and all defensive.

OK, you make more than NDSU in FB. No ***** Capt. Obvious. You already stated that your stadium seats 6-7K more than the Fargodome and you overcharge for tickets. Good job! You guys must have a solid team this year! No?

Poor tailgating? Who says? If you guys would 'man-up' and travel to Fargo sometime you'd see for yourself. Looking forward to it. Oh, and we'd fill 22,000 seats for most of our home games and we just moved up 5 years ago. Would probably match your 26K seat sellouts in another 5 years. Sick of having a pissing match with a bunch of (unsatisfied with their top 20 FB team) Grizzly fans. Out

TonkaBison
September 3rd, 2008, 07:03 PM
I'll go with what slostang calls on this one he is more objective than most. He also knows which waterfall to pee in when in Poly. xthumbsupx

I do predict some good smashmouth football which is what it is really all about.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 3rd, 2008, 07:05 PM
OK, you spend and make all of this money, but it doesn't change the fact that your fb team is not the best in FCS. Money will help you buy out of the Cal Poly game, but it won't stop you from getting your a**es handed to you by CP. You've got loyal fans and all of this money so you should be a dominant team, but you're not. You play a good team and it's got you guys worried and all defensive.

OK, you make more than NDSU in FB. No ***** Capt. Obvious. You already stated that your stadium seats 6-7K more than the Fargodome and you overcharge for tickets. Good job! You guys must have a solid team this year! No?

Poor tailgating? Who says? If you guys would 'man-up' and travel to Fargo sometime you'd see for yourself. Looking forward to it. Oh, and we'd fill 22,000 seats for most of our home games and we just moved up 5 years ago. Would probably match your 26K seat sellouts in another 5 years. Sick of having a pissing match with a bunch of (unsatisfied with their top 20 FB team) Grizzly fans. Out

Wow this poor sap really gets his feeling hurt easily. Can someone explain why this guy is talking about North Dakota anyway?

FargoBison
September 3rd, 2008, 07:14 PM
What is the deal with this NDSU-Montana crap? Clean it up guys, this thread should be about the game of the week and not a pissing contest.

As for the game, I like Cal Poly right now. They are an experienced team and SLO is far from an easy place to play. The Griz will make a game of it but in end I think the Mustangs will just be too much.

Cal Poly 31
Montana 21

Thundering_Herd
September 3rd, 2008, 07:16 PM
Grizzlies vs. Mustangs....how fitting!

Those 'stangs' will outrun you, run over you, and runaround you big, bumbling bears!

Cal Poly 45 Montana 17

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

TonkaBison
September 3rd, 2008, 07:20 PM
What is the deal with this NDSU-Montana crap? Clean it up guys, this thread should be about the game of the week and not a pissing contest.

As for the game, I like Cal Poly right now. They are an experienced team and SLO is far from an easy place to play. The Griz will make a game of it but in end I think the Mustangs will just be too much.

Cal Poly 31
Montana 21

Agreed, this cr_p all started with the frustration over no playoffs for the last five years. Purgatory is over settle it on the field!!!

uofmman1122
September 3rd, 2008, 07:34 PM

Those 'stangs' will outrun you, run over you, and runaround you big, bumbling bears!

Cal Poly 45 Montana 17

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :DLooks like the crows are circling your plate. xwhistlex

elkmcc
September 3rd, 2008, 10:42 PM
It's going to be fun razzing you when you end up with 3 losses in the MVC conference this year and go 8-4.

Must be worrisome to be stuck in a city basketball arena that will never seat any more than it does now. We'll keep expanding to 35,000 and you'll still be in the city barn at 18,000 something. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xthumbsupx

Ronbo hit it right on the buffaloes nose. I think it is pretty clear most NDSU fans are so colored with en*y (insert banned AGS word) when it it comes to the Griz football program they would want a change in their school colors if they didn't already include that pukey green.

I personally look forward to watching NDSU be excluded from the playoffs (again) this year.

AZGrizFan
September 3rd, 2008, 11:08 PM

Cal Poly 45 Montana 17

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Still waiting for you to man up, take out your bloody tampon and spot me the 28 points you're so SURE the Griz are going to get beat by. I'll take whatEVER bet you want....you name it, I'll take it. xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

Thundering_Herd
September 3rd, 2008, 11:29 PM
Relax little guy! Geez, you Montana fans sure get rattled quick! If Cal Poly doesn't win by 28, I'll find a girl for you so you can lose that whole 'virginity' thing! Love you griz fans!!! :D :D :D :D :D

AZGrizFan
September 3rd, 2008, 11:36 PM
Relax little guy! Geez, you Montana fans sure get rattled quick! If Cal Poly doesn't win by 28, I'll find a girl for you so you can lose that whole 'virginity' thing! Love you griz fans!!! :D :D :D :D :D

That's what I thought. All talk, no action. Typical North Dakotan. xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

Green26
September 3rd, 2008, 11:42 PM
I don't know if UM can beat Cal Poly, but it will be a good game and the Montana boys will not back down.

I do believe that, at the end of the season, Montana will be ranked ahead of NDSU. NDSU has been a very good program, has been successful in recent years, and has had some great wins, but NDSU has not had to battle the whole season in a strong and deep conference.

I hope NDSU does well this year. I also hope that some of its fans who post on message boards will be able to make the transition from D-II to I-AA. Some of them have alot to learn. We'll see if the team is able to back up the big talk of some of their unseasoned fans.

FCS Go!
September 3rd, 2008, 11:44 PM

Aside from West Virginians offering their sisters as betting prizes is there anyone one else with a take on the game?

I think Cal Poly really needs to win this game given the rigors of the rest of their schedule. @ McNeese, @ NW St, @ S. Dakota St & what looks like an improved UCDavis at home could be a tough road. Last week's win takes some of the pressure off but finishing the season at Wisconsin is not where you want to be if you're on the "bubble".

Thundering_Herd
September 4th, 2008, 12:00 AM
That's what I thought. All talk, no action. Typical North Dakotan. xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

I don't need to prove a thing or make a bet. I'm just making a guess and I'm entitled to that. Cal Poly will provide the decisive action on Saturday! You are going to get smoked, but yes I may be embellishing a bit. I may not. Only the teams can decide that, not us! Nerd.

Go Poly
September 4th, 2008, 12:03 AM

Great interview....those kids sure sounded humble! The coach is definitely sandbagging...smart guy! I think that team is going to cause some trouble for our boys! I am concerned their O-line will wear down our D-line and generate some serious yardage, and time of possesion.

I am concerned this game will end up like SDSU (Jacks) or NDSU from last year....

It will be a battle....looking forward to being there for it!

Go Poly
September 4th, 2008, 12:05 AM
Aside from West Virginians offering their sisters as betting prizes is there anyone one else with a take on the game?

I think Cal Poly really needs to win this game given the rigors of the rest of their schedule. @ McNeese, @ NW St, @ S. Dakota St & what looks like an improved UCDavis at home could be a tough road. Last week's win takes some of the pressure off but finishing the season at Wisconsin is not where you want to be if you're on the "bubble".

You are so right!!! This game sets the stage for the season......

Green26
September 4th, 2008, 12:23 AM
Hauck is sand-bagging, but the fact remains that Montana has alot of new players and is untested, and Cal Poly has lots of returning players and had a very nice win. While I'm sure Hauck is intentionally sand-bagging, I bet he truly doesn't know how good his team is and how good they will be on Saturday. He has already said that he is more concerned about how good the team will be in November, and he thinks they will improve and be good by then.

Mustang Man
September 4th, 2008, 12:35 AM
[QUOTE=Green26;1086597] NDSU has been a very good program, has been successful in recent years, and has had some great wins, but NDSU has not had to battle the whole season in a strong and deep conference.
QUOTE]

I agree. The Gateway conference will make or break this team. I have a feeling the Gateway is going to be a dog eat dog conference this year.

Mustang Man
September 4th, 2008, 12:37 AM
I am concerned their O-line will wear down our D-line and generate some serious yardage, and time of possesion.

We held up pretty well against the SDSU offensive line. If Montana can get their passing game going things could get interesting.

ERASU2113
September 4th, 2008, 12:40 AM
It's been all over other threads, but let's bring it home.

Discuss. xcoffeex

Definite FCS Game of the Week for week 2.

If possible I would love to see this game. After the ASU game, I'll be scrambling to find updates on this one.

I'm far behind on this thread, just wanted to throw my 2 cents in

Go Poly
September 4th, 2008, 12:57 AM
This will definitely be the game of the week! Just concerned for how it comes out! (obviously!)

I hope we get a good crowd....it is somewhat of a disappointment that the students aren't back for a couple of more weeks...but I still hope for a good crowd.

BisonBacker
September 4th, 2008, 07:49 AM
Hauck is sand-bagging, but the fact remains that Montana has alot of new players and is untested, and Cal Poly has lots of returning players and had a very nice win. While I'm sure Hauck is intentionally sand-bagging, I bet he truly doesn't know how good his team is and how good they will be on Saturday. He has already said that he is more concerned about how good the team will be in November, and he thinks they will improve and be good by then.

To me this is the FCS game of the week, if Montana actually comes out of this with a W then it would certainly answer a lot of the questions not only griz fans but all fans of FCS have about the Montana team this year. With that being said I don't think you guys will come out of this one on top. I think Poly starts a hellish streak of wins on their way to the playoffs this year. Who knows if Hauck regroups the griz after the loss there maybe a rematch of this game in the playoffs? I think Poly will put this one away in early in the second half leaving Griz fans with more questions then answers.

BISON Thunder
September 4th, 2008, 08:35 AM
Real shame this game will not be televised...what's the deal Cal Poly? Why are so few (if any) of your games not televised?

Ronbo
September 4th, 2008, 08:57 AM
Everyone is certainly looking forward to this game and win or lose both programs are on the rise. Went to the stadium open house last night and WOW! When a recruit comes here it's got to be impressive to him!

We are not crumbling Thundering Herd, we are on the rise! And our tickets are NOT overpriced. Every Griz fan gladly pays the money because they know 1. they will be treated to a great show and game and 2. the tickets support the program. Half the stadium not only pays $215 for their season ticket they also pay $112.50 to $540.00 per seat to the Grizzly Scholarship Association. They anticipate with excitement when the invoice for their season tickets and donation comes in the mail and they gladly pay it. Then there is still another 1500 on a waiting list with checkbooks in hand waiting for their chance to get tickets.

Just pray your program reaches this success someday Thundering Herd. xrulesx xnodx xthumbsupx

Ivytalk
September 4th, 2008, 09:00 AM
I'm thinkin' Poly by 10. Just sayin'!xpeacex

BISON Thunder
September 4th, 2008, 09:08 AM
Everyone is certainly looking forward to this game and win or lose both programs are on the rise. Went to the stadium open house last night and WOW! When a recruit comes here it's got to be impressive to him!

We are not crumbling Thundering Herd, we are on the rise! And our tickets are NOT overpriced. Every Griz fan gladly pays the money because they know 1. they will be treated to a great show and game and 2. the tickets support the program. Half the stadium not only pays $215 for their season ticket they also pay $112.50 to $540.00 per seat to the Grizzly Scholarship Association. They anticipate with excitement when the invoice for their season tickets and donation comes in the mail and they gladly pay it. Then there is still another 1500 on a waiting list with checkbooks in hand waiting for their chance to get tickets.

Just pray your program reaches this success someday Thundering Herd. xrulesx xnodx xthumbsupx
Ronbo, 99.9% of FCS programs aspire to reach the level of success (measured in $, attendence, excitement, ticket sales, tailgating, etc.) Montana has. This is part of the reason this game should definitely be televised...would be a great showcase for FCS football.

slostang
September 4th, 2008, 10:01 AM
Ronbo, 99.9% of FCS programs aspire to reach the level of success (measured in $, attendence, excitement, ticket sales, tailgating, etc.) Montana has. This is part of the reason this game should definitely be televised...would be a great showcase for FCS football.

Those who want to see the game can see it for free via video streaming on Big Sky TV. xthumbsupx

BisonBabe
September 4th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Well this will truely be a great game. I believe it will be close but in the end Cal Poly will win.

Grizzaholic
September 4th, 2008, 10:46 AM

UMMM smack --------->

And why are you even talking about this???? last time I checked it was Montana vs Cal Poly thread.

IABison
September 4th, 2008, 11:36 AM
Don't think that Thundering_Herd is representative of all Bison fans. Most of us know we have a long way to go to get to where Montana is now.

I wish I had his inside knowledge to know just how poorly Montana was going to do, though... let me know the final score, TH... I want to know if I can take AZ_Griz up on one of his betting offers. xsmiley_wix

Grizaholic17
September 4th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Those who want to see the game can see it for free via video streaming on Big Sky TV. xthumbsupx

Indeed. Big Sky TV is doing free streaming of the game. And to expand on Ronbo's post, the open house was stunning. I am very pleased with what they did. I am more than excited.

Just thought you all missed the pictures xrolleyesx xrolleyesx
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j194/umgrizzliesfootball/OpenHouse6.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j194/umgrizzliesfootball/OpenHouse4.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j194/umgrizzliesfootball/OpenHouse7.jpg

And also, the game at Cal Poly will be a good opener for the griz. Given the circumstances of the game, I believe Hauck will play tough, but I think he knows just as well as everyone else that this is a setting bar to see the team perform. After this, he will have a much greater understanding of what he has to work on.

AZGrizFan
September 4th, 2008, 01:11 PM
I don't need to prove a thing or make a bet. I'm just making a guess and I'm entitled to that. Cal Poly will provide the decisive action on Saturday! You are going to get smoked, but yes I may be embellishing a bit. I may not. Only the teams can decide that, not us! Nerd.

Ya THINK there, Blundering Turd? xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

AZGrizFan
September 4th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Don't think that Thundering_Herd is representative of all Bison fans. Most of us know we have a long way to go to get to where Montana is now.

I wish I had his inside knowledge to know just how poorly Montana was going to do, though... let me know the final score, TH... I want to know if I can take AZ_Griz up on one of his betting offers. xsmiley_wix

You're smarter than Blundering Turd. You wouldn't be stupid enough to spot me 28 points. :)

appstate38
September 4th, 2008, 01:24 PM
The one thing Montana has going for them is the crowd will probably be on the small side since school hasn't started yet. Even if there's a good turnout, it won't be nearly as loud as it will be in Oct and Nov with the student section around. I'll still take Poly by 4.

Man how can you guys have a game this big and school hasn't started yet. This one should have been scheduled to take advantage of your student population. But with that said I will pick the Griz simply because they are the Griz and because they are still a very good football team. That will go far because they know how to win. Cal Poly is a good team but they are trying to get where the Griz already are.

Griz- 35
Cal Poly-31

AZGrizFan
September 4th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Man how can you guys have a game this big and school hasn't started yet. This one should have been scheduled to take advantage of your student population. But with that said I will pick the Griz simply because they are the Griz and because they are still a very good football team. That will go far because they know how to win. Cal Poly is a good team but they are trying to get where the Griz already are.

Griz- 35
Cal Poly-31

So, are you telling me that YOU won't spot me 28 points either? xsmiley_wix

appstate38
September 4th, 2008, 01:27 PM

Ummmm HELL NO!xsmiley_wix

slostang
September 4th, 2008, 02:09 PM

AzGrizFan,

Are we going to see you this week in SLO?

oldSLOguy
September 4th, 2008, 02:44 PM
I'll go with Poly in a close game. Having said that however, I think the biggest fly in the ointment is an injury to either Dally or Barden. Either one sprains an ankle and it's a whole new game. I'm curious about what other folks who are more knowledgeable than I think about this depth problem? And how do the grizzlies stack up in depth, or does anyone know at this point?

GtFllsGriz
September 4th, 2008, 03:06 PM
There are so many unanswered questions at this point and I hope we get some answers with this game. I predict Poly wins by 10 to 14 points. I will consider that a good opening for the Griz. A win will be an inspiring and somewhat surprising opening to the season. A huge loss will certainly give us a snapshot into what the season will be like.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 4th, 2008, 03:11 PM
I'll go with Poly in a close game. Having said that however, I think the biggest fly in the ointment is an injury to either Dally or Barden. Either one sprains an ankle and it's a whole new game. I'm curious about what other folks who are more knowledgeable than I think about this depth problem? And how do the grizzlies stack up in depth, or does anyone know at this point?

I've seen Barden so many times now it makes me sick. The guy is a gamer and converts way too many 3rd and longs for my tastes. We have a little depth but it is mostly very youthful so we are not real deep at this point. I think somebody posted earlier that we have something like 18 freshmen making this trip.

AZGrizFan
September 4th, 2008, 03:22 PM
AzGrizFan,

Are we going to see you this week in SLO?

xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

Dude, I spent 2 HOURS last night trying to convince my wife to drive to SLO Friday, go to the game Saturday and drive back Sunday....she nixed the idea...says it would cost too much money, since we're going to Montana in 2 weeks. xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

I REALLY wanted to see this game.... xmadx xmadx xmadx

grizband
September 4th, 2008, 03:31 PM
I've seen Barden so many times now it makes me sick. The guy is a gamer and converts way too many 3rd and longs for my tastes. We have a little depth but it is mostly very youthful so we are not real deep at this point. I think somebody posted earlier that we have something like 18 freshmen making this trip.
What I do like about chances against Barden is out 6'3" corner we can play against him in coverage. Unfortunately, this player is a true freshman, playing in his first college game. xsmhx To me, Barden is one of those players you have to admit will get his yards, and try to limit everything else on the offense.

slostang
September 4th, 2008, 04:12 PM

Dude, I spent 2 HOURS last night trying to convince my wife to drive to SLO Friday, go to the game Saturday and drive back Sunday....she nixed the idea...says it would cost too much money, since we're going to Montana in 2 weeks. xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

Then we will have to talk football over a couple of cold ones in Missoula in 2009.xthumbsupx

I guess for this year you are going to have to take it in on Big Sky TV.

citdog
September 4th, 2008, 04:19 PM

tell that broad to get in that kitchen and make some damn tailgating sammis and stfu

Ronbo
September 4th, 2008, 04:28 PM
What I do like about chances against Barden is out 6'3" corner we can play against him in coverage. Unfortunately, this player is a true freshman, playing in his first college game. xsmhx To me, Barden is one of those players you have to admit will get his yards, and try to limit everything else on the offense.

What I like about that true freshman is he was 1st Team All State in basketball in the State of California. Do you realize what an athlete it takes to make 1st Team Cali in BB? I wonder why he turned down Pac 10 offers to play BB to play football at Montana? He must really like football.

The guy can ball.
Trumaine Johnson (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEQr9JG8V6I)

FCS Go!
September 4th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Re: Barden

Barden will get his catches. If the Griz can keep him under 10 catches, under 200yds and 2 TDs or less we might have to call it "mission accomplished". I'd settle for his stat line from San Diego St. The key will be how the D deals with the rest of Cal Poly's attack.

A running game for the Griz would be a big help too.

Grizzaholic
September 4th, 2008, 05:19 PM

Ok, so how much do Me and the Missus need to donate to the, I cannot remember I think it is for cancer, drive for you and the missus to drive to watch the beloved Griz play the greatest game on the planet?

AZGrizFan
September 4th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Ok, so how much do Me and the Missus need to donate to the, I cannot remember I think it is for cancer, drive for you and the missus to drive to watch the beloved Griz play the greatest game on the planet?

About $400. :D

ursus arctos horribilis
September 4th, 2008, 06:06 PM
About $400. :D

You'd settle for $250 and you know it.

AZGrizFan
September 4th, 2008, 06:19 PM
You'd settle for $250 and you know it.

......in a heartbeat. xeyebrowx

Thundering_Herd
September 4th, 2008, 06:28 PM

Barden will get his catches. If the Griz can keep him under 10 catches, under 200yds and 2 TDs or less we might have to call it "mission accomplished". I'd settle for his stat line from San Diego St. The key will be how the D deals with the rest of Cal Poly's attack.

Ah yes, moral victories! Sign of someone who know's they will be beat and has already given up on their team!! How sad...xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

Cal Poly 41 - Montana 17

Here comes the Griz Nation in 3,.......... 2.........., 1..........

Grizaholic17
September 4th, 2008, 06:57 PM

We have three guys that will be shifting through...tiring that defense down. With our O-line, almost anyone could run. But it's a long shot. we'll see how it goes.

slostang
September 4th, 2008, 10:56 PM
Is it Saturday yet?

AZGrizFan
September 4th, 2008, 11:02 PM
Is it Saturday yet?

Stang----I just about had my wife convinced to make the long drive over tomorrow and back on Sunday after a satisfying Griz victory, but then we got a call from my son's baseball coach....practice Friday afternoon, and a doubleheader on Sunday. xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x

Guess I'll be watching The Griz stomp the Mustangs a new mudhole on Big Sky TV!!! xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Tip on in my honor....I'll be there in spirit!

slostang
September 4th, 2008, 11:37 PM
Watching it on Big Sky TV and getting to see your son in a double header sounds like a great weekend. Enjoy and we will see you next year in Missoula.

Skjellyfetti
September 4th, 2008, 11:41 PM
I really wish this game was on national television... I'd love to see it.

I think Cal Poly will probably win but, Montana definitely has it in them to pull it out. Should be a great game.

AZGrizFan
September 4th, 2008, 11:42 PM
Watching it on Big Sky TV and getting to see your son in a double header sounds like a great weekend. Enjoy and we will see you next year in Missoula.

That will definitely be the roadie game next year. xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

Grizaholic17
September 5th, 2008, 02:00 AM
I really wish this game was on national television... I'd love to see it.

I think Cal Poly will probably win but, Montana definitely has it in them to pull it out. Should be a great game.

I thought Big Sky TV was televising it? Is that a rumor?

FCS Go!
September 5th, 2008, 06:04 AM

The game is not listed as an upcoming event on their webiste.

slostang
September 5th, 2008, 06:49 AM
I think that CSTV has the rights to this game. It was posted on the Cal Poly message board that you can watch this game for $10 or buy the season at $120. $10 is a good deal if anyone is interested. Their will be a link on gopoly.com on the football page.

SteelCurtain
September 5th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Ronbo hit it right on the buffaloes nose. I think it is pretty clear most NDSU fans are so colored with en*y (insert banned AGS word) when it it comes to the Griz football program they would want a change in their school colors if they didn't already include that pukey green.

I personally look forward to watching NDSU be excluded from the playoffs (again) this year.

Yah, were jealous...envy...right....

Ask the griz what happened last time we played..and that was when we were Div II..

give me a break!!!

Grizaholic17
September 5th, 2008, 12:39 PM

Ask the griz what happened last time we played..and that was when we were Div II..

give me a break!!!

Naw, not all Griz are like that. I remember that game with you guys, those 2 points still haunt me. AH! The stadium was shocked...and I believe it stopped one of our home game winning streaks. Nice work. But in terms of Cal Poly I am expecting some surprises from the griz. We will do things I don't think we've seen before.

AZGrizFan
September 5th, 2008, 12:43 PM

The game is not listed as an upcoming event on their webiste.

You guys have GOT to be ****tin' me. xeekx xeekx xeekx

Grizaholic17
September 5th, 2008, 12:47 PM
You guys have GOT to be ****tin' me. xeekx xeekx xeekx

My bad. When I checked the site it was malfunctioning. And I couldn't check. I just looked and it's not listed. But they posted the satellite coordinates for it on the athletic site if that helps.

SteelCurtain
September 5th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Naw, not all Griz are like that. I remember that game with you guys, those 2 points still haunt me. AH! The stadium was shocked...and I believe it stopped one of our home game winning streaks. Nice work. But in terms of Cal Poly I am expecting some surprises from the griz. We will do things I don't think we've seen before.

Should be a great game. Wish there were some way I could view it.

For me there are just to many unknowns on the GRIZ and Poly has a very high octane offense that they have to be the fav. in this one.

Good luck to both teams and it will be great to hear about the game next week!!!

AZGrizFan
September 5th, 2008, 12:54 PM

give me a break!!!

You know it, quit trying to deny it....

Griz: 15 straight playoff appearances. NDSU - 0
Griz: 5 National Title Game Appearances. NDSU - 0
Griz: 2 National I-AA titles. NDSU - 0
Griz: 13 straight conference titles. NDSU - 0 (not even the defending conference champs in the Great West xoopsx )

xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

You guys are wanna-bes, and you know it. Get out of your own division before you start running your mouths. xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

Grizzaholic
September 5th, 2008, 12:55 PM

give me a break!!!

xcoffeex

SteelCurtain
September 5th, 2008, 01:17 PM
You know it, quit trying to deny it....

Griz: 13 straight conference titles. NDSU - 0 (not even the defending conference champs in the Great West xoopsx )

xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

You guys are wanna-bes, and you know it. Get out of your own division before you start running your mouths. xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

If your so great how did we beat you with a Div II squad???? You are funny though, just keep up with that over inflated ego. Can't wait to listen to your excused come monday morningxcoffeex

AZGrizFan
September 5th, 2008, 01:31 PM
If your so great how did we beat you with a Div II squad???? You are funny though, just keep up with that over inflated ego. Can't wait to listen to your excused come monday morningxcoffeex

You are funny, too. Living your entire life wrapped around one game 5 years ago. It's 2008 now, son. Time to come back to the real world.

And if you think I'm gonna need excuses on Monday, then you haven't been paying attention (to be expected from a North Dakotan xoopsx )...I fully expect Cal Poly to win this game. They're the experienced team, they're playing at home. The ones who will be scrambling for excuses if they lose is Cal Poly fans (and the hoard of NDSU fans who've jumped on their bandwagon). xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

Grizaholic17
September 5th, 2008, 02:45 PM
You are funny, too. Living your entire life wrapped around one game 5 years ago. It's 2008 now, son. Time to come back to the real world.

And if you think I'm gonna need excuses on Monday, then you haven't been paying attention (to be expected from a North Dakotan xoopsx )...I fully expect Cal Poly to win this game. They're the experienced team, they're playing at home. The ones who will be scrambling for excuses if they lose is Cal Poly fans (and the hoard of NDSU fans who've jumped on their bandwagon). xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

Kudos. I fully expect to lose the game as well. It doesn't matter for us now, it would be nice to see how we perform in a hostile environment and against a quality team, but I just don't see our inexperience playing a winning part in the game. So Steel Curtain, you must have a clouded view of griz fans. xrolleyesx

And to add on to AZgriz, 134 consecutive weeks in the top 25, and 198 out of the last 203. :) :) :) Thanks much. :p:p:p

elkmcc
September 5th, 2008, 03:12 PM

give me a break!!!

No need asking the Griz. I was there just as I have been for every game since the 1992 season. If you can't admit that you are jealous of the Griz successes, facilities, fans and $$'s your not being honest with yourself.

BTW, I spent a year in Fargo one weekend.
xlolx

catatac
September 5th, 2008, 05:10 PM
What I like about that true freshman is he was 1st Team All State in basketball in the State of California. Do you realize what an athlete it takes to make 1st Team Cali in BB? I wonder why he turned down Pac 10 offers to play BB to play football at Montana? He must really like football.

The guy can ball.
Trumaine Johnson (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEQr9JG8V6I)

If we were good enough to start as a true Freshman... he would have had more interest from 1A schoold. He may be good with time... but I believe the reason he's starting is because you are severely limited in talented players at the corner position. No way on earth a kid that was in high school 4 months ago will even come close to containing NFL-bound Barden. Mark my works. If you guys try to man up with him... game over.

AZGrizFan
September 5th, 2008, 05:12 PM
If we were good enough to start as a true Freshman... he would have had more interest from 1A schoold. He may be good with time... but I believe the reason he's starting is because you are severely limited in talented players at the corner position. No way on earth a kid that was in high school 4 months ago will even come close to containing NFL-bound Barden. Mark my works. If you guys try to man up with him... game over.

Agreed...but name me a corner in I-AA that will be able to "man up" with Barden and NOT pay the price. xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex

ERASU2113
September 5th, 2008, 05:24 PM
A thread with App and Griz fans not attacking each other is great xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex :D

As for the game I'm not giving a score....this game is one I'd love to see though. Cal Poly gets a slight advantage just for the fact they have a game under their belt. UM hasn't so any first game kinks/jitters will happen early. It will be a close, and good, game though.

GolfingGriz
September 5th, 2008, 05:36 PM
That is a very good point and I know the griz won't put any player on him one on one. The D will be schemed so that no man will be left by himself and will truely be a team defense. One factor that I think is actually a plus for the Griz is that this is their first game and the coaches have been looking at film and thinking of a way to slow down the Cal Poly offense since last November.

The only prediction I will make is that I will enjoy the game with some good friends and a couple cold beers.

Thundering_Herd
September 5th, 2008, 06:27 PM

Griz: 13 straight conference titles. NDSU - 0

AZGrizFan= Hypocrite!
The past has passed AZGrizFan. You too have to worry about now! All of your accomplishments in the past won't help your team in '08.

OK, I've had my fun. Good luck to both teams tomorrow. No BS...xpeacex

Poly Pigskin
September 5th, 2008, 06:33 PM
I got bored and decided to look up the attendance for home games before school started the past few seasons:

9/15/07 - 11075, sellout (Weber St.)
9/02/06 - 5857 (DII Fort Lewis)
9/10/05 - 6786 (Sac St.)
9/17/05 - 8043 (Montana St.)

I think last year's game was actually the weekend right before classes started, so pretty much everyone was in town. I suspect the stands are gonna be on the empty side tomorrow, so hopefully everyone that shows up is ready to be loud. I'm looking at you, old guys with seat back chairs!

slostang
September 5th, 2008, 07:03 PM
I got bored and decided to look up the attendance for home games before school started the past few seasons:

9/15/07 - 11075, sellout (Weber St.)
9/02/06 - 5857 (DII Fort Lewis)
9/10/05 - 6786 (Sac St.)
9/17/05 - 8043 (Montana St.)

I think last year's game was actually the weekend right before classes started, so pretty much everyone was in town. I suspect the stands are gonna be on the empty side tomorrow, so hopefully everyone that shows up is ready to be loud. I'm looking at you, old guys with seat back chairs!

Stadium was under renovations in 05 and 06 and the cap. was only about 6,500.

I think that we will hit about 10,000 for this one. For sure sell out if the students were at school.

slostang
September 5th, 2008, 07:04 PM
If Barden is doubled all day look for some passes to Ryan Mole, John Hall and James Noble out of the backfield.

Poly Pigskin
September 5th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Stadium was under renovations in 05 and 06 and the cap. was only about 6,500.

I think that we will hit about 10,000 for this one. For sure sell out if the students were at school.

That's right, I forgot it started in back in 05. I thought capacity was closer to 8000 though with the north endzone bleachers.

I think 10000 might be a little optimistic, since we didn't even sell out for NDSU last year with students in town, and games don't get much bigger than that one.

slostang
September 5th, 2008, 11:26 PM
That's right, I forgot it started in back in 05. I thought capacity was closer to 8000 though with the north endzone bleachers.

I think 10000 might be a little optimistic, since we didn't even sell out for NDSU last year with students in town, and games don't get much bigger than that one.

Don't forget that Montana is famous for being one of the better traveling teams in the FCS. There will be 2,000 to 3,000 Griz fans in attendance. They will be filling the student seats.

slostang
September 5th, 2008, 11:28 PM

Capacity was only 8,500 before the demolished the west side stands.

uofmman1122
September 5th, 2008, 11:37 PM
Don't forget that Montana is famous for being one of the better traveling teams in the FCS. There will be 2,000 to 3,000 Griz fans in attendance. They will be filling the student seats.Also sometimes famous for making more noise than the home crowd.

Not joking....See NAU last year.

mlbowl
September 6th, 2008, 12:29 AM
Also sometimes famous for making more noise than the home crowd.

Not joking....See NAU last year.

That's cuz AZGrizfan was therexnodx

Grizaholic17
September 6th, 2008, 12:32 AM
Don't forget that Montana is famous for being one of the better traveling teams in the FCS. There will be 2,000 to 3,000 Griz fans in attendance. They will be filling the student seats.

They predicted around 3,000 the last time the griz traveled there. I was in attendance, great atmosphere and stadium.

Grizzaholic
September 6th, 2008, 12:42 AM
So, can it be Saturday night already???

AZGrizFan
September 6th, 2008, 12:56 AM
AZGrizFan= Hypocrite!
The past has passed AZGrizFan. You too have to worry about now! All of your accomplishments in the past won't help your team in '08.

OK, I've had my fun. Good luck to both teams tomorrow. No BS...xpeacex

True. But our PAST that you so lovingly refer to continues...ALL those streaks continue to present day. Of course, so do all your streaks of ZERO. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Excellent work, Blundering Turd! xbowx xbowx xbowx

Only in Montana could a 10-2, 9-3 team mean the sky is falling. Every other team in America creams their jeans @ 9-3....Montana fans apparently should be jumping off roofs. xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx Personally, I could USE a good 7-5 season....would make season tickets a little easier to come by.

Grizzaholic
September 6th, 2008, 01:08 AM
True. But our PAST that you so lovingly refer to continues...ALL those streaks continue to present day. Of course, so do all your streaks of ZERO. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Excellent work, Blundering Turd! xbowx xbowx xbowx

Only in Montana could a 10-2, 9-3 team mean the sky is falling. Every other team in America creams their jeans @ 9-3....Montana fans apparently should be jumping off roofs. xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx Personally, I could USE a good 7-5 season....would make season tickets a little easier to come by.

Now that is just selfish.xsmhx Think of the children AZ, think of the children.

AZGrizFan
September 6th, 2008, 01:10 AM
Now that is just selfish.xsmhx Think of the children AZ, think of the children.

Sorry. For a minute there I thought I was a Cat fan. xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

Grizzaholic
September 6th, 2008, 01:12 AM
Sorry. For a minute there I thought I was a Cat fan. xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

I will be a Bobcat fan tomorrow, then in the evening I will put my Maroon back on.

AZGrizFan
September 6th, 2008, 01:15 AM
I will be a Bobcat fan tomorrow, then in the evening I will put my Maroon back on.

I'm still trying to figure out if the game is gonna be on Big Sky TV, CSTV or what... xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

slostang
September 6th, 2008, 01:15 AM
So, can it be Saturday night already???

No, but it is Saturday morning in Montana. It is getting closer.xnodx

Grizzaholic
September 6th, 2008, 01:20 AM
I'm still trying to figure out if the game is gonna be on Big Sky TV, CSTV or what... xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

It is on some screwy channel here in Missoula. 18 for cable and 7 I believe for DISH. AZ, I am sure there is a satellite party down where you live so you will be able to catch the game.

Grizzaholic
September 6th, 2008, 01:20 AM
No, but it is Saturday morning in Montana. It is getting closer.xnodx

I tried setting the clock forward but it didn't work.xoopsx

mlbowl
September 6th, 2008, 06:37 AM

It's definitely not in CSTVs lineup.

Grizaholic17
September 6th, 2008, 06:48 AM
It's definitely not in CSTVs lineup.

And I do believe BigSkyTV is not showing it. unless they make a last minute decision to stream it through the KPAX satellite.

slostang
September 6th, 2008, 07:37 AM
The following are satellite coordinates for Saturday's game between Montana and Cal Poly. Kickoff is slated for 7:05 p.m. (MTN) at Alex G. Spanos Stadium in San Luis Obispo, Calif.

Satellite coordinates:

AMC 15, 105 deg W.
Transponder K02
Slot A9
Downlink Frequency 11726.5Mhz
SR: 6.148936
FEC: 3/4

slostang
September 6th, 2008, 07:39 AM
CSTV link: http://all-access.cstv.com/cstv/player/player.html?code=cslo&sport=m-footbl&category=live&media=75437

bunny
September 6th, 2008, 10:01 AM
There's a link to watch this game online at http://channelsurfing.net/

BisonBacker
September 6th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Sorry to ask this I didnt go through the entire thread to find out if one's already been posted but is there any online audio link available thats free? yeah yeah I'm cheap :D

Go Poly
September 6th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Sorry to ask this I didnt go through the entire thread to find out if one's already been posted but is there any online audio link available thats free? yeah yeah I'm cheap :D

Yes: http://www.espnradio1280.com/

JackTwice
September 6th, 2008, 02:09 PM

ditto here. What time is kickoff?

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 02:23 PM
6:00pm Pacific

ursus arctos horribilis
September 6th, 2008, 02:41 PM
There's a link to watch this game online at http://channelsurfing.net/

Or if you're gonna have the computer rolling the post directly above you provide the link to watch/listen to it.