PDA

View Full Version : was Pete Lembo at Lehigh in '98?

URMite
August 31st, 2008, 09:46 AM
Our 1st half rushing game last night reminded me of the 1998 playoff game against Lehigh. Trying to outmenuver a smaller, quicker defense instead of going directly at them.

LehighFan11
August 31st, 2008, 10:01 AM
No, Higgins was there in 1998.

gophoenix
August 31st, 2008, 01:18 PM
No, Higgins was there in 1998.

They both were, weren't they?

ngineer
August 31st, 2008, 02:18 PM
They both were, weren't they?

Absolutely. Lembo was Higgin's "Associate Head Coach" the last few years at Lehigh. Lembo came to Lehigh in the mid-1990's as an assistant who, I think, was primarily involved with the line, but not certain. Cecchini was the OC in '98 and Gilmore was the DC, I think.

That '98 playoff game was great. Watched the whole thing on TV.

The Historian
August 31st, 2008, 05:45 PM
Back in 1998 Lembo was at Lehigh, but he was just the running backs coach at the time. That season was Lembo's first at Lehigh. Current Head Coach Andy Coen was the OC in 1998.

URMite
August 31st, 2008, 07:23 PM
Absolutely. Lembo was Higgin's "Associate Head Coach" the last few years at Lehigh. Lembo came to Lehigh in the mid-1990's as an assistant who, I think, was primarily involved with the line, but not certain. Cecchini was the OC in '98 and Gilmore was the DC, I think.

That '98 playoff game was great. Watched the whole thing on TV.

For some of us not so much!
Even if you did have wonderfully designed offense, I still don't think we should have tried to copy it in the middle of the game. Sticking with the power game that got us there might have helped.

ngineer
August 31st, 2008, 08:54 PM
Back in 1998 Lembo was at Lehigh, but he was just the running backs coach at the time. That season was Lembo's first at Lehigh. Current Head Coach Andy Coen was the OC in 1998.

Really? For some reason I thought Pete arrived a couple years earlier, but I won't argue. I do remember that, that was Coen's last year at Lehigh as the OC before going to Penn.Cecchini then took over the offense and did a hell of a job, before leaving for Harvard (and now with Higgins the The Citadel). Many think if Andy can't right the ship by the end of next year that Cecchini could get the call.

The Historian
September 1st, 2008, 04:34 AM
Really? For some reason I thought Pete arrived a couple years earlier, but I won't argue.

This information comes the 1998 Lehigh media guide. I thought he was around earlier than that and it is interesting how fast Lembo rose to assistant head coach by 2000.