PDA

View Full Version : 8/31 Gameday Thread

Syntax Error
August 31st, 2008, 09:09 AM
Since I am leaving now for the MEAC/SWAC Challenge game (http://www.meacswacchallenge.com/ 2 pm ET, ESPN2) let's get this gameday thread going!

Jackson State vs. Hampton

TexasTerror
August 31st, 2008, 09:29 AM
What about these two games from the week 1 schedule?

Fayetteville St at NC Central, 4:00 PM
Dayton at Central State, 5:00 PM

Syntax Error
August 31st, 2008, 09:36 AM
What about these two games from the week 1 schedule?

Fayetteville St at NC Central, 4:00 PM
Dayton at Central State, 5:00 PMThose too!
Sunday finishes the first week of FCS play with the MEAC vs. SWAC Challenge featuring Hampton vs. Jackson State, Fayetteville St at NC Central, and Dayton at Central State.http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php?blog=5&title=fcs-recap-poly-is-the-smacker&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Syntax Error
August 31st, 2008, 09:38 AM
Okay, I really need to get out the door........ all the games are 0-0 and I don't want to miss a minute of it. BTW, my fiancee is cheering for Jackson State... I think it is the Chicago/Walter Payton thing.

G.S.Green
August 31st, 2008, 09:50 AM
I have seen little on these games. Expect the HU QB situation to provide great insight into the upcoming campaign.

G.S.Green

Syntax Error
August 31st, 2008, 09:56 AM
I have seen little on these games. Expect the HU QB situation to provide great insight into the upcoming campaign.

G.S.GreenWhat is the HU QB situation Greenie? (yeah, I'm not out the door yet)

catamount man
August 31st, 2008, 10:01 AM
GO HAMPTON!!!

DetroitFlyer
August 31st, 2008, 10:47 AM
Off to Dayton shortly to witness in person the start of the Rick Chamberlin era at UD. Lots of unknowns going into today for the Flyers.... UD is actually the visiting team at Welcome Stadium today as Central State is hosting the Dayton Classic. Many CSU oriented activities surrounding the classic this weekend. Parades, stepping contests, receptions, etc. This is a very big deal for CSU and an important money raising effort for their athletics program. Tickets are $20.00 a pop, and they are even charging $5.00 to park at Welcome Stadium. All very strange for a Flyer fan....

GO FOOTBALL FLYERS!!!!!

G.S.Green
August 31st, 2008, 02:16 PM
What is the HU QB situation Greenie? (yeah, I'm not out the door yet)

Too erratic. You can see some of those throws just sailing over the heads of the receivers.

HU gan hold things down on the defensive side but the team is only two deminsional with defense and special teams carrying the load. Can't get anything off of the offensive side of the ball.

G.S.Green

OL FU
August 31st, 2008, 02:20 PM
Last I looked TSC was reporting JSU 7 HU 0xnodx

UNH_Alum_In_CT
August 31st, 2008, 02:33 PM
7-3 Jackson State at halftime, game is on the Duece.

G.S.Green
August 31st, 2008, 02:38 PM
44 yard FG puts HU on the board. JSU gets the ball back after half. Game should not be that close but the HU QB position is not up to the challenge just yet. Will have further analysis as the game goes on.

G.S.Green

grizband
August 31st, 2008, 02:46 PM
I have nothing riding on any of these games, other than an appreciation for great FCS competition. Good luck to all these teams!

DSUrocks07
August 31st, 2008, 02:48 PM
Halftime...its what its all about.xthumbsupx

HU's QB looks a little rattled out there, if he settles down in the second half...Hampton can take this game...and the SWAC can start making excuses xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
August 31st, 2008, 02:50 PM
You fellas that want to watch it can see it at chanellsurfing.net or might be able to just hit this link.
http://www.channelsurfing.net/watch-espn2-test.html

DSUrocks07
August 31st, 2008, 02:53 PM
You fellas that want to watch it can see it at chanellsurfing.net or might be able to just hit this link.
http://www.channelsurfing.net/watch-espn2-test.html

It won't work for me, but its all good since I'm home from work now, ESPN2 HD xthumbsupx

DSUrocks07
August 31st, 2008, 02:56 PM
Question...why is the MEAC/SWAC challenge just one game? Shouldn't be all teams in the SWAC vs all the teams in the MEAC?

DSUrocks07
August 31st, 2008, 03:01 PM
INT in endzone by Hampton to stop a potential scoring drive

furman94
August 31st, 2008, 03:02 PM
I love football every day of the week!

G.S.Green
August 31st, 2008, 03:07 PM
Crazy play putting RB in Shotgun. This play was blown up and should never see the light of day agin.

G.S.Green

G.S.Green
August 31st, 2008, 03:10 PM
Question...why is the MEAC/SWAC challenge just one game? Shouldn't be all teams in the SWAC vs all the teams in the MEAC?

It is about making the event bugger and getting a decent payday out of the event.

G.S.Green

G.S.Green
August 31st, 2008, 03:13 PM
too slow in taking advantage of the turnover. Burning a timeout is the wrong answer here.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 31st, 2008, 03:19 PM
It won't work for me, but its all good since I'm home from work now, ESPN2 HD xthumbsupx

Gotcha, here is the link for the main page where the game is listed for anyone else that does not have a TV handy. The link says for IE only so maybe that is what the problem is.

http://www.channelsurfing.net/

G.S.Green
August 31st, 2008, 03:22 PM
Big edge rush off the end, QB fumble, HU recovery. Next play culminates in a near perfect throw and catch to set up a 1-yard plunge. TD, TD, TD!!!!!!

HU 10, JSU 7.

G.S.Green
August 31st, 2008, 03:40 PM
Bynes to Gilchrist. TD

HU 17, JSU 7

G.S.Green
August 31st, 2008, 03:49 PM
Another phantom pass interference call leads to a new set of downs. If JSU could catch a few balls, then this would be a closer game.

G.S.Green
August 31st, 2008, 03:53 PM
JSU is driving through penalties and some great plays.........TD

HU 17, JSU 14

G.S.Green
August 31st, 2008, 03:56 PM
Check that score. Extra point is blocked!!!!

HU 17, JSU 13

G.S.Green
August 31st, 2008, 04:04 PM
HU fumble.....JSU recovery. Ball on HU 34. Game is getting tight.

skinny_uncle
August 31st, 2008, 04:43 PM
Congrats to Hampton on the win.
Worst of luck to you next week.
:D

DetroitFlyer
August 31st, 2008, 11:05 PM
Dayton earns a hard fought victory over Central State today 31-12. CSU looked much better than last year. It will be interesting to see how they fare against YSU. Dayton was a bit rusty looking on offense. Rob Florian had some good flashes, but he had some very bad plays as well. Rob is not Kevin Hoyng, but I see him improving as the season progresses. The defense looked great except for a couple of breakdowns that lead to the CSU scores. The Fordham game in a couple of weeks will be interesting. Attendance was reported to be an even 7000. Based on the fans in the seats, it looked like more to me. I would have put it at more like 8000 to 9000. Not bad at any rate. Very hot with some players cramping up. The new field turf at Welcome Stadium looks great for the players. I do not like the colors, but it is much improved over the previous green parking lot.