PDA

View Full Version : SLC Predictions - Week Two

TexasTerror
August 31st, 2008, 07:32 AM
TT's Predictions
2007 Record: 46-14 (24-4 SLC)
2008 Record: 6-0 (0-0 SLC)

Week Two Games

Nicholls @ New Mexico State - This game was called out due to Gustav.

SFA @ Texas Christian - SFA came out with an impressive showing against a very bad Langston team. While it gives me hope for SFA this season (may win a few games this year - they do have one more sub-Div I left), TCU is going to be too much for the Jacks. Texas Christian

SLU @ Mississippi State - The status of Babin as of this post is in question. SLU barely got past Alcorn State after he left, doing just enough to get the win. Great job, Lions! FBS foe is going to take it. Mississippi State

UC-Davis @ UCA - Davis is coming off a 13-10 loss to San Jose State. UCA did not have their full compliment of players in their win over Henderson State. This game should be GOTW material and I will go with the home team. Central Arkansas

NWST @ Baylor - Demons were less than impressive in the opener. Baylor was less than impressive in the opener. Still, Baylor was playing a more legitimate foe and I'm still not sold on Demons. Baylor

TXST @ SMU - Both of these teams needed to make a statement in their openers. SMU got shallacked by Rice and the Bobcats nearly fell to Angelo State and they would have if the Rams kicker learned how to make some kicks. Who will step up? I'm not certain TXST can here. SMU

Delta St @ McN - Pokes did great against UNC. Statesmen are no slouch of a Div II opponent (right, TXST and SFA?). Look for this game to be close a little longer than your typical FCS-Div II match-up, but Pokes pull away in the second half. McNeese State

blackfordpu
August 31st, 2008, 08:05 AM
SFA @ Texas Christian

SLU @ Mississippi State

UC-Davis @ UCA

NWST @ Baylor

TXST @ SMU

Delta St @ McN

blackfordpu
August 31st, 2008, 08:05 AM
Looks like the home teams will sweep this week.

TexasTerror
August 31st, 2008, 08:35 AM
Looks like the home teams will sweep this week.

Went from a 5-1 SLC week to a 1-5 SLC week (it looks like)...

blackfordpu
August 31st, 2008, 10:09 AM
Went from a 5-1 SLC week to a 1-5 SLC week (it looks like)...

You mean 2-4....

TexasTerror
August 31st, 2008, 10:12 AM
You mean 2-4....

Ah yes, lest I forget UCA...though that's a toss-up as far as I am concerned with the slight advantage to the Bears.

txstatebobcat
August 31st, 2008, 12:43 PM
208 6-0
SFA @ Texas Christian - TCU by at least 28 pts

SLU @ Mississippi State -MSU by 14 pts

UC-Davis @ UCA - UCA by 7 pts

NWST @ Baylor - Baylor by 7 pts

TXST @ SMU - SMU by 21 pts

Delta St @ McN - MSU by 21 pts

patssle
August 31st, 2008, 01:32 PM
Question is: Will McNeese be able to host a game 4-5 days after a major hurricane goes through, plus any damage it does.

McNeese75
August 31st, 2008, 07:23 PM
SFA @ Texas Christian

SLU @ Mississippi State

UC-Davis @ UCA

NWST @ Baylor

TXST @ SMU

Delta St @ McN

TexasTerror
August 31st, 2008, 07:32 PM
Question is: Will McNeese be able to host a game 4-5 days after a major hurricane goes through, plus any damage it does.

We'll have to wait and see...Delta State is taking the bus to town, so it'll give us time to figure things out...

Purple Pride
September 1st, 2008, 01:48 PM
I was looking at the picks on the d2 board, and they actually think DSU is gonna win this one.xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox

GeauxLions94
September 1st, 2008, 02:15 PM
GL Record: 6-0
Last Week: 6-0

SFA @ Texas Christian - SFA will find out that TCU is no Langston (or Kentucky Wesleyan, who SFA will score early and often against) ... TCU

SLU @ Mississippi State - Don't know about Babin's status for State game, but Neville played well and Tyler Beatty could see playing time ... Lions barely got past Alcorn State, but did a great job against despite getting no film from Alcorn ... Go with the Dawgs in this one.

UC-Davis @ UCA - UCA put up points against a former Gulf South rival and will have stronger test from UCD ... this game has best chance of a road win, but will take ... UCA

NWST @ Baylor - Baylor

TXST @ SMU - June Jones gets SMU win No. 1 ... but it will be nail-biter for a good portion of the game.

Delta St @ McN - First game in the New Hole and McNeese is happy for having new field ... Cowboys.

McTailGator
September 1st, 2008, 06:00 PM
I was looking at the picks on the d2 board, and they actually think DSU is gonna win this one.xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox

Do you have a link to that board.

I have never been able to find it.

TexasTerror
September 1st, 2008, 06:33 PM
This is the GSC board site...home of Delta State...

http://www.d2messageboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=94

slycat
September 1st, 2008, 08:07 PM
2008: 6-0

SFA @ Texas Christian - TCU wins easy

SLU @ Mississippi State - MSU looked bad against LA-Tech but SLU won't get so lucky.

UC-Davis @ UCA - This will be a great game. I'll take the SLC team.

NWST @ Baylor - Baylor wins a pillow fight.

TXST @ SMU - Both teams looked bad in week one. Bobcats lose but I'm hoping for an upset.

Delta St @ McN - Cowboys win their first of the season.

JoshUCA
September 1st, 2008, 08:30 PM
SFA @ Texas Christian

SLU @ Mississippi State

UC-Davis @ UCA

NWST @ Baylor

TXST @ SMU

Delta St @ McN

McNeese75
September 2nd, 2008, 09:59 PM

Based on their history and the stable of transfers they have I can understand their optomism. Cowboys return to town tomorrow after leaving for Gustov and start preparation for the fighting Okra, Statesmen, or whatever.

After seeing the team play against UNC I think they can handle this game just fine but they better not get complacent.

katstrapper
September 3rd, 2008, 06:34 AM
SFA @ Texas Christian .....TCU

SLU @ Mississippi State ....Miss. St

UC-Davis @ UCA ....UC-Davis--upset special

NWST @ Baylor......Baylor

TXST @ SMU........SMU

Delta St @ McN.....Pokes

xcoffeex

JoshUCA
September 3rd, 2008, 07:42 AM
UC-Davis @ UCA ....UC-Davis--upset special

If UC Davis wins, I wouldn't call it an upset by any means. They are a very good team.

TexasTerror
September 3rd, 2008, 08:08 AM
If UC Davis wins, I wouldn't call it an upset by any means. They are a very good team.

Agreed - they did lead an FBS team for the majority of the game this past weekend before losing at the tailend. Only reason I favor UCA is because the game is at home and will have a very large crowd.

RabidRabbit
September 3rd, 2008, 08:42 AM

This is a top 25 type game that could go either way. UC-Davis QB wasn't available for the San Jose St game, and back-up lead them well.

I'm thinking that UCA pulls out a tough win here.

Should be a heck of a game and hope that the stadium is filled to capacity for the game.

Going with the home teams in all the games.

Bear Fan 101
September 3rd, 2008, 11:46 AM
SFA @ Texas Christian

SLU @ Mississippi State

UC-Davis @ UCA

NWST @ Baylor

TXST @ SMU

Delta St @ McN

TCU big, good for SFA finally winning last week though. Maybe they can get a couple more.

Mississippi St big, I bet they are pissed off after letting one at La Tech slip away.

NW State might be able to keep it close at Baylor, but I'm going with the Big 12 Baylor

SMU will handle Texas St after another not so impressive performance, although a win, by the Bobcats

McNeese will roll in their home opener and then some, I just wish they'd held on against those evil Tar Holes!

and now, our game with UC Davis...
I expect nothing but a close hard fought game between 2 very good and well coached programs. Its no secret our struggles with teams from out west. 0-2 vs. So Dakota St, and a loss 2 year ago in Davis in recent memory. But we will be on the home turf of Estes Stadium Saturday night. Unfortunately, SDSU is one of the few teams to come in and handle us at home in the last 4-5 years.

I can forsee a shootout on the First Security Field Saturday night. I believe the Bears will prevail, but it sure as heck wont be easy as the talented Ags come calling! GEAUX BEARS!

MSU_77
September 3rd, 2008, 01:02 PM
SFA @ TCU

SLU @ Mississippi State

UC-Davis @ UCA

NWST @ Baylor

TXST @ SMU

Delta St @ McNeese

McDABest
September 3rd, 2008, 06:39 PM
SFA @ TCU

SLU @ Mississippi State

UC-Davis @ UCA

NWST @ Baylor

TXST @ SMU

Delta St @ McNeese

Bear Fan 101
September 4th, 2008, 10:53 AM
how did you guys in Lake charles come out of Gustav? Just a lot of flooding, or not even any of that? I will admit I was worried early that a fourth of the SLC would be wiped out at once (NSU, SELA and McNeese)

McNeese72
September 4th, 2008, 02:17 PM
how did you guys in Lake charles come out of Gustav? Just a lot of flooding, or not even any of that? I will admit I was worried early that a fourth of the SLC would be wiped out at once (NSU, SELA and McNeese)

Hardly any damage at all. I wasn't here but I heard it was just a little rain and a little wind. Like we get normally with a big summertime thunderstorm but lasting a little longer. We were on the good side of the storm (which is the west side). You don't want to be on the east side.

Doc

Bear Fan 101
September 5th, 2008, 11:33 AM
good. I'm glad to know you all are doing ok!

Cat79
September 5th, 2008, 06:52 PM
The line for the Texas State / SMU game was 7.5 but today was raised to SMU and 11xcoolx

We had used about 7 plays against Angelo on offense. The defense was very vanilla also. I have a feeling that our new DC might be pretty crafty reeling SMU in a bit for a surprise.

katstrapper
September 6th, 2008, 07:05 PM
The line for the Texas State / SMU game was 7.5 but today was raised to SMU and 11xcoolx

We had used about 7 plays against Angelo on offense. The defense was very vanilla also. I have a feeling that our new DC might be pretty crafty reeling SMU in a bit for a surprise.

xlolx
I hope you are right, but June Jones will not be suprised.

TexasTerror
September 6th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Score updates...

Baylor 23-0 Northwestern State, 14:48 2Q
Central Arkansas 7-0 UC-Davis, 6:26 2Q
TCU 21-0 SFA, 14:54 2Q
Miss St. 7-3 SLU, 10:27 2Q

slycat
September 6th, 2008, 07:11 PM
So much for our surprise defense. SMU scores an easy touchdown on the opening drive.

slycat
September 6th, 2008, 07:12 PM
7-0 SMU 11:18 left in 1Q

slycat
September 6th, 2008, 07:18 PM
Texas St fumble, SMU ball on the 33.

slycat
September 6th, 2008, 07:22 PM
SMU misses a field goal

slycat
September 6th, 2008, 07:32 PM
OUr QB sucks so much. Two drives two fumbles.

14-0 SMU

George sucked a fat one last week and got benched. The guy gets the start again for some reason and does this. Bench him for the season.

TexasTerror
September 6th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Stephen F. Austin 0
TCU 14
End 1st

UC Davis 0
Central Arkansas 7
2:29 2nd

SE Louisiana 3
Mississippi St. 20
0:05 2nd

Northwestern St. 6
Baylor 30
Half

Delta St. 0
McNeese St. 7
4:47 1st

Texas St. 0
SMU 14
3:06 1st

slycat
September 6th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Bobcats put a new QB in the game and he throws a INT. This is just frustrating.

TexasTerror
September 6th, 2008, 07:43 PM
Bobcats put a new QB in the game and he throws a INT. This is just frustrating.

I had a feeling the Bobcats offense was going to have some passing game problems. This is of no surprise to me...

What's the deal with Bush tonight? Looks like Canady is the man today.

slycat
September 6th, 2008, 07:45 PM
I had a feeling the Bobcats offense was going to have some passing game problems. This is of no surprise to me...

What's the deal with Bush tonight? Looks like Canady is the man today.

I knew starting George was a bad idea.

As for our running game, if one seems to be struggling another is there to fill the place.

TexasTerror
September 6th, 2008, 07:47 PM
I knew starting George was a bad idea.

Why was he allowed to start? I just do not think he's going to cut it in SLC play. Is Wright just trying to play it safe by keeping George as his #1 and allowing him to have a chance?

As for our running game, if one seems to be struggling another is there to fill the place.

I'll give you guy's credit -- a deep RB depth chart. I think SHSU may have a deep RB depth chart too, but we have a lot of unknowns and of course, TyMagic Robinson is not 100%.

MaximumBobcat
September 6th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Just too many TO's....bad game by the Bobcats so far.

slycat
September 6th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Why was he allowed to start? I just do not think he's going to cut it in SLC play. Is Wright just trying to play it safe by keeping George as his #1 and allowing him to have a chance?

In an interview he said that he likes to have two QBs play to keep it fresh on the field. I hate this idea and I think its why George started. I think it would hurt Toons confidence to save us in the last game and then doesn't get the start in this game.

slycat
September 6th, 2008, 07:52 PM
4 drives 4 turnovers. 3 fumbles by George and an INT by Toon. This is a joke.

21-0 SMU

slycat
September 6th, 2008, 08:07 PM
TOUCHDOWN Texas State.

Solid drive down the field. Now lets play some defense and get ourselves back in the game.

slycat
September 6th, 2008, 08:09 PM
And to add to our luck SMU blocks the kick and gets 2 points out of it.xmadx xmadx

slycat
September 6th, 2008, 08:14 PM
30-6 SMU. Well I hope our AD looks at this and sees why its silly to move to FBS. Crappy SMU is kicking us around.

slycat
September 6th, 2008, 08:29 PM
Touchdown Texas St

30-13 halftime

slycat
September 6th, 2008, 09:02 PM
Touchdown Texas St.

30-19 after the extra point missed

MaximumBobcat
September 6th, 2008, 09:03 PM
50 yard run by Karrington Bush...TD pass later...

30-19 SMU still beginning of 3rd...

slycat
September 6th, 2008, 09:15 PM
33-19 SMU 5:44 3rd quarter

MaximumBobcat
September 6th, 2008, 09:24 PM
fg cats good....33-22

slycat
September 6th, 2008, 09:26 PM
33-22 after a texas st field goal

slycat
September 6th, 2008, 09:36 PM
TD SMU 40-22

slycat
September 6th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Touchdown Texas State

40-29

Most of the 4th quarter left. I really wish we hadn't had those turnovers at the start of the game.

MaximumBobcat
September 6th, 2008, 09:48 PM
If Toon would have started...we would have won this game. :-D

slycat
September 6th, 2008, 09:49 PM
If Toon would have started...we would have won this game. :-D

Theres a good chance

slycat
September 6th, 2008, 09:53 PM
TD SMU 47-29

bobcathusband
September 6th, 2008, 10:04 PM
We've outscored and outgained SMU in the final 3 quarters. If BG doesn't come out in the first quarter and summarily vomit on the field we might be winning this game.

MaximumBobcat
September 6th, 2008, 10:08 PM
TD BOBCATS

47-36.

TexasTerror
September 6th, 2008, 10:14 PM
Week complete...

TT's Predictions
2007 Record: 46-14 (24-4 SLC)
2008 Record: 12-0 (0-0 SLC)
TOTAL: 58-14 (24-4 SLC)

Purple Pride
September 7th, 2008, 12:12 AM
4 drives 4 turnovers. 3 fumbles by George and an INT by Toon. This is a joke.

21-0 SMU
That's not a joke, it's a pattern.xthumbsupx

MaximumBobcat
September 7th, 2008, 12:23 AM
That's not a joke, it's a pattern.xthumbsupx

Yeah, but Clint Toon was also 19-of-27 for 225 yards and four touchdowns AFTER our Starter, Bradley George came in and fumbled the ball multiple times, literally handing them a 21 point lead in the 1st quarter.

Once Toon came in, the game changed as you can see in our continued scoring the next three quarters.

It is my feeling and a number of other people's also that if Clint Toon had started, the game would have ended differently.

Oh well...c'est la vie.