PDA

View Full Version : Furman/Mars Hill updates

PaladinFan
August 30th, 2008, 06:14 PM
Furman up 7-0 early in the first quarter. Jordan Sorrells to RJ Webb.

PaladinFan
August 30th, 2008, 06:38 PM
End of 1st quarter. Furman up 7-0 and driving deep into MHC territory.

PaladinFan
August 30th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Touchdown Furman. Jordan Sorrells 7 yrd touchdown run.

Furman 14-0. 13:15 left in 2nd.

PaladinFan
August 30th, 2008, 06:57 PM
Touchdown Furman. Jordan Sorrells to Sedrick Cunningham.

21-0 Paladins. 8:38 left in 2nd.

Bit of a concern: RJ Webb, Furman's best WR deep threat out with injury. Unsure how serious.

PaladinFan
August 30th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Touchdown Furman. Brantley Kendall from 1 yrd out.

28-0 Paladins. Under 4 min. left in the half.

PaladinFan
August 30th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Touchdown Furman. Mike Brown 1 yrd out.

35-0. Time to pull the starters.

PaladinFan
August 30th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Field goal Furman. 38-0 Paladins

Half time.

yeesh.

PaladinFan
August 30th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Stats from 1st half:
Jordan Sorrells: 17/24 156 yrds, 2 td, 1 int.

Mike Brown: 12 attmpts, 94 yrds, 7.8 ypc, 1 td
Stephone LaFrance: 5 atmpts, 29 yrds, 5.8 ypc.

Adam Mimms: 6 catches, 67 yrds
RJ Webb: 3 catches 36 yrds, 1 td

Furman with 299 yrds of offense, MHC with 23. Going to see the backups soon.

PaladinFan
August 30th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Touchdown Mars Hill to begin the 3rd quarter. George Stripling from 6 yrds out.

38-7 Paladins.

PaladinFan
August 30th, 2008, 07:57 PM
Touchdown Furman. Jordan Sorrells 54 yrds to Sedrick Cunningham.

45-7 Furman.

93henfan
August 30th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Sounds like a good, competitive game.xlolx

With what the FBS did to the FCS today, it's good to see the FCS stomping the lower divs.

PaladinFan
August 30th, 2008, 08:05 PM
Touchdown. Brantley Kendall from 1 yrd out.

51-7 Furman.

PaladinFan
August 30th, 2008, 08:06 PM
Sounds like a good, competitive game.xlolx

With what the FBS did to the FCS today, it's good to see the FCS stomping the lower divs.

There's not much to this game. Furman's got the backups in. Mars Hill managed a td after breaking a 40 yrd run, but have done little to nothing other than that.

We have Colgate, Delaware, and VT the next three weeks. Nice to have at least one win going into those contests.

93henfan
August 30th, 2008, 08:10 PM
We have Colgate, Delaware, and VT the next three weeks. Nice to have at least one win going into those contests.

We have WCUPA next, so we should be 1-1 when we head down your way. You guys should be 2-1. I won't say it will be a must-win game for us at only the third game in the season, but it will be damn close to it. It will be a great game.

PaladinFan
August 30th, 2008, 08:13 PM
We have WCUPA next, so we should be 1-1 when we head down your way. You guys should be 2-1. I won't say it will be a must-win game for us at only the third game in the season, but it will be damn close to it. It will be a great game.

I don't think a loss for either one of us in that game kills our chances. I think Furman will be a solid 7-5 and could move to 8-4 and a possible playoff berth with some luck.

We don't know much about Colgate, but their game today wasn't overly impressive. In fact, I wasn't really impressed with Virginia Tech today either. We'll no doubt drop that game, but I think it could be closer than I originally thought.

PaladinFan
August 30th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Touchdown Furman. Tersoo Uhaa (best name on the team) run from 4 yrds out. The true freshmen are in now getting work.

59-7 Paladins.

PaladinFan
August 30th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Field Goal Furman. 62-7

I'm the consumate skeptic, but not even Furman's defense can blow this lead.

PaladinFan
August 30th, 2008, 08:53 PM
Touchdown Mars Hill.

62-14 Paladins. Furman's third string and freshmen in the game.

furman94
August 30th, 2008, 10:08 PM
Great showing by the Dins. Offense played great, as did everyone else :D!

PaladinFan
August 30th, 2008, 10:22 PM
Great showing by the Dins. Offense played great, as did everyone else :D!

Can't complain with a near flawless game. Hope RJ Webb is alright. We will likely need him to reach our best potential.

furman94
August 31st, 2008, 12:02 PM
Gville Fishwrap said that he could be out for a minimum of 2 games

OL FU
August 31st, 2008, 12:56 PM
The game was exactly what I hoped to see. It is about as difficult to draw too many conclusions from playing a DII school as it is playing a BCS school.

I think what I like best is that they seemed to be playing as if determined to make the statement "we are back" even if the first sentence was against a DII school. Time will tell. xthumbsupx

furman94
August 31st, 2008, 01:42 PM
I think we played and looked better this year against MHC, as opposed to last year vs PC. Sorrells looked like a veteran QB out there!

OL FU
August 31st, 2008, 01:46 PM
I think we played and looked better this year against MHC, as opposed to last year vs PC. Sorrells looked like a veteran QB out there!

I agree. But PC was better than Mars Hill.

Hopefully I didn't come accross as negative. I certainly didn't mean to. The game could not have gone much better. and as I said there seemed to be more of a get it done attitude. xnodx

furman94
August 31st, 2008, 01:57 PM
Yeah, I know PC was way better than the Lions, but I think that our team played and molded better as a whole than last year.

PaladinFan
August 31st, 2008, 02:22 PM
Well, why you can't tell too much playing Mars Hill, we absolutely thrashed them. No real mistakes made on either side of the ball. We will understand a lot more about the team in coming weeks, but last year that game would have been much closer. Jordan Sorrells manages the game extremely well. Offensive line will be a force.

That was a .500 DII team, so it wasn't necessarily the bottom of the barrell.

OL FU
August 31st, 2008, 02:34 PM
Well, why you can't tell too much playing Mars Hill, we absolutely thrashed them. No real mistakes made on either side of the ball. We will understand a lot more about the team in coming weeks, but last year that game would have been much closer. Jordan Sorrells manages the game extremely well. Offensive line will be a force.

That was a .500 DII team, so it wasn't necessarily the bottom of the barrell.

It isn't that you can't tell anything. It is just difficult to tell much. Mars Hill was 500 team last year. I have no idea what they will be this year. But here is an example. Maybe Mars hill can't throw the ball. They threw 20 passes the entire game which may be their style of football. But I do remember thinking during the first quarter that they don't throw the ball and let's face it anybody that doesn't throw the ball against Furman either can't or hasn't paid attention to FU's defense the last three years.

On the other hand, I think you read too much into my comments. As I said the game could not have gone better. But I haven't put a lot of stock into these games ever since a FU team was beaten by Newberry (albeit without our star QB, Bobby Lamb) and then went on to play in the National Championship game during the same yearxsmiley_wix