Aho_Old_Guy
August 30th, 2008, 03:11 PM
The Charlotte Observer
College Football Gameday
8-30-2008

Around The Nation
'Observations'

Go Easy on the Cupcakes

Take note, ACC, SEC,Big Ten and Big 12 schedule makers. The PAC-10 plays nine games inside the conference and three outside, eschewing the cupcake cannon fodder and delivering actual competition. Trust us, no one would miss Eastern Washington at Texas Tech.

DuckDuckGriz
August 30th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Nothing would please me more than to see EWU pull this upset.......

Downside is I would wake up Sunday morning thinking of the Eagles and going, "Oh *****!" xlolx

Col Hogan
August 30th, 2008, 03:54 PM
If EWU beats Texas Tech...I'll be thrilled for about one minute...

Then I'll be going "Oh *****, we have to play the Red Raiders next Saturday, and they will be pissed..."

Screamin_Eagle174
August 30th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Link, Aho_Old_Guy?

I'd guarantee I'd lose my voice if Eastern pulled out a W today. My neighbors might not be so happy, but damn it'd be great to shut up those Tech fans....

GO EASTERN!!!

DuckDuckGriz
August 30th, 2008, 04:29 PM
EWU definitely has the firepower to keep up for a while. Tough test for the HC's first game!

Screamin_Eagle174
August 30th, 2008, 04:54 PM
McBath said the Eagles’ close loss to Appalachian State in last season’s playoff proves the team can play with anybody in the nation if a few things go their way.

“Coach Leach talks about it a lot,” McBath said, “and I definitely don’t want to make SportsCenter for that. We can’t let that happen.”

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=uwire-easternwashingtonlookingto&prov=uwire&type=lgns :(

Damnit, thanks a lot App. They know we're good and are going to take us seriously! xoopsx

ALPHAGRIZ1
August 30th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Nothing would please me more than to see EWU pull this upset.......

Downside is I would wake up Sunday morning thinking of the Eagles and going, "Oh *****!" xlolx

With the coaching staff we have you should be saying oh ***** anyways.

Hope EWU keeps it close or pulls the upset.

Aho_Old_Guy
August 30th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Link, Aho_Old_Guy?

I'd guarantee I'd lose my voice if Eastern pulled out a W today. My neighbors might not be so happy, but damn it'd be great to shut up those Tech fans....

GO EASTERN!!!

It was in the print version of today's paper - don't know if it's online. Here's the 'Charlotte Disturber' sports online --->>
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/