PDA

View Full Version : Serious Questions for Montana Griz fans

Wolfman
August 29th, 2008, 04:37 PM
As we get ready for another season, I have some thought-provoking questions for my fellow Griz fans. These were NOT meant to initiate name-calling, venom-spewing, nor being labled a bad fan. They were meant to stimulate soul-searching, gut wrenching, feelings among the fan base by overcoming the fear of peer criticsm to state ones' true feelings.

It has become in-vogue to simply bury our collective heads under the guise of being "true fans", through thick or thin. However, I can not partake of this common practice. I have some grave concerns. I wish to see what the thoughts of my fellow Griz fans are.

So, I will pose these questions, would love to hear the responses. Please stifle the name calling and lables. I have been a staunch Griz fan for many more years than most who will respond. I donate to the GSA, and have season tickets. If you do not agree with my points, please rebuff them in a mature manner. This is all I ask. Frank and honest discussion is all that is desired.

1) The UM football program used to brag about the number of academic All-Americans, Rhodes Scholars, and their tremendous graduation rates, which were all among the tops annually in the country.

Under the current regime, one never hears anything about these qualities any longer. The press now is consumed with reporting about crimes commited by Griz players. Accolades are limited to football prowess, and not to off-the-field accomplishments.

Question: Do you think that Bobby Hauck has damaged the Griz football reputation and legacy with his recruiting?

2) Under previous coaches, the program was built by recruiting quality high school athletes, redshirting 90% of them, and developing the players over 5 years. IA drop-downs were very limited. When they were signed, it was always because of a lack of playing time at their IA school. Problem kids were never signed.

Currently, coaches burn frosh eligibility routinely. The first year under Hauck, the excuse for playing these frosh was that the previous coach left the cupboard bare, and that Hauck's frosh recruits were better than the players Glenn left him with. However, 5 years later, we still see Hauck burning red-shirt status. In many cases, the frosh players see very little playing time, but lose a full year of eligibility.

Hauck also loves IA drop-downs. But he tends to take kids who have been kicked off their teams because of criminal activity, or infractions of team rules.

Question: Is Hauck still a great recruiter in your eyes? Does the off-field issues, high transfer/quiting-the-team rate count in your rating of Hauck as a recruiter?

3) Question: As a Griz fan, is the won/lost record more important than the regional/nation image of the team?

4) Question: Are you, as a Griz fan, as proud of the current Montana team, and it's coaching staff, as you were under the three previous head coaches?

5) Question: Finally, is the UM football program on its way up (strongly competing for a NC), or, on its way down (like Youngstown and Georgia So.; solid, but not among the elite on a national basis)?

ALPHAGRIZ1
August 29th, 2008, 04:47 PM
1. There is no doubt that Hauck has damaged the Griz football program with his recruiting. Trouble follows everywhere Hauck goes, Colorado, UDub and UM.

If his recruiting was as great as the kool-aid drinkers think, we shouldn't be one and done every year in the playoffs.

2. Yes it does count, we have had a ton of transfers compared to the past and many of them never finish their career with the Griz and many of them end up in trouble with the law or in jail.

3. Win/loss record doesn't mean ***** if we are not stockpiling National Championship banners. I would rather have 2 or 3 seasons at 7-5 and then a serious NC run or victory, than seasons of 11-1 or undefeated and one and done in the playoffs.

4. Hell no, the other coaches were great compared to the current hack, they had credentials and it showed when crunch time came. Hauck has showed he is not capable of winning big games time and time again.

5. Not even close to being a powerhouse program anymore and there is really no reason to expect it to change until Hauck moves on. I just hope it isn't to late and our program is still fixable.

FCS Go!
August 29th, 2008, 05:12 PM
I'll call BS on all of your premises listed under 1 & 2. I'll leave it to others to refute them line by line.

3. National image is intimately tied to wins/ losses so question makes no sense.

4. Just as proud now as under Read and Glen. I thought Dennehey (s.p.?) sucked.

5. UM is going nowhere- they're in the title mix every year. The only way to be on the way up is to move to the PAC-10 or Big 12.

ALPHAGRIZ1
August 29th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Delusional at best.

Wolfman
August 29th, 2008, 05:21 PM
I'll call BS on all of your premises listed under 1 & 2. I'll leave it to others to refute them line by line.

3. National image is intimately tied to wins/ losses so question makes no sense.

4. Just as proud now as under Read and Glen. I thought Dennehey (s.p.?) sucked.

5. UM is going nowhere- they're in the title mix every year. The only way to be on the way up is to move to the PAC-10 or Big 12.

Your 40,000 foot glossing over of the issues, and inability to provide valid rebuttals to these questions, shows me nothing, and anyone would question the credibility of a fan who refuses to admit that Hauck's recruits have had more criminal incidents under his tenure than the previous 5 head coaches did over their 24 year tenure.

But, I guess you can sleep well at night knowing that you are a "good fan", and 100% supportive of the UM football program.

Grizaholic17
August 29th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Here we go.

So many perceptions can be made about someone, and all of these questions relate to Hauck being a horrible or damaging coach.

I wish people will stop hating on parts of the Griz program. Hauck has done exceptional in his recruiting efforts, and in terms of HURTING THE PROGRAM??????????????? I guess continuing our streak of BSC champs and playoff bouts just PO's everyone.

Who are we to complain when bouts of FCS teams suffer year in and year out? Or sit on a high horse for a few years? We've experienced success since the early 90's.

So obviously, I believe we are not on a down turn. Going 11-1 the previous years just does not show that.

And being a student I see and know many football players, many of which are kind gentleman who strive to do well in school. It's a demanding job to play for the Griz and keep up school work...but they do it to their best ability.

AND HAUCK'S RECRUITING IS AWESOME! He strives for Montana prospects. I love it.

griz8791
August 29th, 2008, 05:28 PM
. . . 1) The UM football program used to brag about the number of academic All-Americans, Rhodes Scholars, and their tremendous graduation rates, which were all among the tops annually in the country.

Under the current regime, one never hears anything about these qualities any longer. The press now is consumed with reporting about crimes commited by Griz players. Accolades are limited to football prowess, and not to off-the-field accomplishments.

Question: Do you think that Bobby Hauck has damaged the Griz football reputation and legacy with his recruiting? . . .

I attended the 2007 athletic department academic awards presentation and was deeply impressed by the GPAs and difficult majors of some of the team's biggest contributors. This summer I had a long, detailed conversation with one of the higher profile drop-downs who says his teammates are much more serious about their degrees than the athletic department probably realizes. Likewise, this particular player believes dropping down and coming to Montana allowed him to find a better balance between football and his degree than the FBS program that recruited him (more time and freedom to study at Montana).

We had serious off-field issues last year but -- despite the sig line of at least one NDSU poster on this board -- the program continues to revolve around solid guys with good character and judgment.

Wolfman
August 29th, 2008, 05:39 PM
I attended the 2006 athletic department academic awards presentation and was deeply impressed by the GPAs and difficult majors of some of the team's biggest contributors. This summer I had a long, detailed conversation with one of the higher profile drop-downs who says his teammates are much more serious about their degrees than the athletic department probably realizes. Likewise, this particular player believes dropping down and coming to Montana allowed him to find a better balance between football and his degree than the FBS program that recruited him (more time and freedom to study at Montana).

We had serious off-field issues last year but -- despite the sig line of at least one NDSU poster on this board -- the program continues to revolve around solid guys with good character and judgment.

Look, nobody is saying that the vast majority of Griz football players are not great kids, who covet a college degree, and are upstanding student/athletes. I firmly believe that they are. However, to attempt to dismiss Hauck's penchant for taking other teams' problem-kids, and try to state that his problems were limited to last year, is plain wrong. The number of players dismissed for criminal activities under Hauck is getting longer each year.

I can honestly say that I can not remember a single player dismissed from Read, Dennehey, or Glenn's teams for criminal activity, unless David Gober (beating his girlfriend) or Vernon Smith (brandishing a gun) was under Glenn's watch. I think they were under Bobby. Are there others? If so, I would like for anyone to tell us who they were, because I can not remember any.

I Bleed Purple
August 29th, 2008, 05:39 PM
xpopcornx

Amazing, classy guy, this new poster. Asks to curb any name calling in his opening thread post, and then his first rebuttal does just that. Of course, it's under the guise of superfluous wording and argumentation. I love it.

Of course, I do believe it was your previous coach that went 81-22, and that's not overall record.

The way I see it from wolfy and Greek letter griz is that the previous programs had no troubles at all and Hauck is nothing but trouble. Anyone want to delve into the past of your previous coaches? I sure as hell won't.

Wolfman
August 29th, 2008, 05:44 PM
xpopcornx

Amazing, classy guy, this new poster. Asks to curb any name calling in his opening thread post, and then his first rebuttal does just that. Of course, it's under the guise of superfluous wording and argumentation. I love it.

Of course, I do believe it was your previous coach that went 81-22, and that's not overall record.

The way I see it from wolfy and Greek letter griz is that the previous programs had no troubles at all and Hauck is nothing but trouble. Anyone want to delve into the past of your previous coaches? I sure as hell won't.

Is that a typical Boone response? Since you state that you know nothing about our previous head coaches, one would have to assume that your comments have little depth to them, other than to attempt to stir up trouble by idle and incorrect insinuations regarding name-calling.

griz8791
August 29th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Is that a typical Boone response? . . .

Last I heard, Weber was in Ogden and App State's colors were black and gold.

Wolfman
August 29th, 2008, 05:49 PM
It pains me as a Montana fan to read in another thread discussing the recent criminal arrests at Coastal Carolina, a fan in that thread stated " CCU is this year's Montana/Montana State".

This is exactly the national image problem which hovers over Hauck's UM program on a national basis.

Wolfman
August 29th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Last I heard, Weber was in Ogden and App State's colors were black and gold.

Whatever, the point made is the same.

Col Hogan
August 29th, 2008, 05:56 PM
Whatever, the point made is the same.

No...it goes to credibility...If you simply cast your's out with comments like that...you lower yourself and your arguement...xcoffeex

I Bleed Purple
August 29th, 2008, 06:18 PM
No...it goes to credibility...If you simply cast your's out with comments like that...you lower yourself and your arguement...xcoffeex

C'mon, you should have let me say that. I could break it down more.

Is that a typical Boone response? Since you state that you know nothing about our previous head coaches, one would have to assume that your comments have little depth to them, other than to attempt to stir up trouble by idle and incorrect insinuations regarding name-calling.

So much I don't know where to start. I mean, there's the whole "You know nothing about us so I dismiss your comments" vibe that is hilarious because since he obviously knows nothing about me (Boone?), he must know nothing about me and so I must dismiss his comments.

Of course, I guess since there's no depth to my comments, he can't be bothered answering them, even if, in the one thing he got right in that post, I'm stirring up trouble.

Then you have the idle and incorrect insinuations part. Lovely. Breaking down his first rebuttal post into base form, it's basically calling out FCS Go!. "40,000 foot glossing" is clearly an exaggerated, bordering on hyperbolic, contempt on FCS's dismissal of the OP's first two "points." And the "good fan" in quotes is mocking FCS being a good fan. Don't believe me? Look at my use of points in quotes. Does it look like I'm mocking his first two points in his OP. Obviously I am.

That was fun. xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xcoolx

CrazyCat
August 29th, 2008, 06:28 PM
Who is Frank and why hasn't he responded. xrulesx xsmiley_wix xpeacex

GrizFanStuckInUtah
August 29th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Nuff said :D

Screamin_Eagle174
August 29th, 2008, 06:48 PM
LOUD NOISES!!!

I heard that their menstruation attracts bears! :p

Grizaholic17
August 29th, 2008, 07:04 PM
It pains me as a Montana fan to read in another thread discussing the recent criminal arrests at Coastal Carolina, a fan in that thread stated " CCU is this year's Montana/Montana State".

This is exactly the national image problem which hovers over Hauck's UM program on a national basis.

First of all...you need to be on the threads long enough to realize that everyone picks on the griz because of the success they've had. Whenever the three crimes or whatever happened...posters pounce. And they only know of these things becuase of the threads. What players do is up to them. Hauck doesn't make them fill out a sheet on what crimes they intend to commit while at the University. How is he supposed to know? Quinn was the only sketch record. Wilson had one felony or something like that. Is Hauck supposed to deny him access to the program for a mistake? Seriously, think about these posts before you go on and rant about them.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 29th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Hauck is probably not the best FCS coach out there but Montana is still one of the best programs in the FCS.

Most teams would love to have the success the Grizz have had: consistent playoff runs and NC's........I wonder which team has the best winning % over the last 10-15 yrsxrolleyesx xrolleyesx

Being a NDSU Bison fan, I look to the Grizz as a program to model after. Every program has a few "bad apples" but the UM is one of the best out there.

Good luck Grizz xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Green26
August 29th, 2008, 09:10 PM
1. UM football has a relatively high GPA average, many players get academic all-conference recognition, and the graduation rate continues to be fairly high. Who were the UM football Rhodes scholars, just out of curiosity?

Hauck has not damaged UM with recruiting in any respect. In fact, he has recruited more Montana kids than prior coaches, and seems to be bringing in a higher number of high quality recruits. That's why UM's depth is so good.

2. It is a different era. These days many true frosh are able to play and contribute right away--and more do so at many schools. One of the way to attract topnotch recruits who have good I-A offers is to tell them they'll be able to play early.

Of UM's 4 players from last season's team who are now on NFL rosters, none of them redshirted their first season. "Burning" redshirts is non-issue. I-A dropdowns are taken by most top programs these days.

3. Won-loss record is one of the main factors of regional/national image. UM has an excellent regional and national image.

4 and 5. Yes, I'm as proud of the team and coaches as under prior coaches. The program has been excellent for 15 or 20 years. The programs continues to be near the top. Some aspects of the program have improved in recent years. Increased season tickets. Stadium expansions. More televised games (all in recent years). Strength coach just for football. The team won all of its conference games in the past two years, for the first time in history. First ever Buchanan winner last year. All-american kicker set I-AA scoring record last season, breaking old record set 4 years ago by another UM all-american kicker. One of 2 I-AA teams to be in playoffs each of the past 5 years.

6. UM has had no publicized criminal or other bad behavior issues for over 9 months, except for a DUI charge which turned out to be bogus and was dropped within 2 weeks, to my knowledge. UM had a horrible period of 5-1/2 months in '07. Prior to that time, there had been very few publicized legal issues in the past 5 years.

The legal issues in that short period were: a murder in CA, in which it sounds like former player may have a good defense; a break-in of the house of a minor drug dealer, involving 3 current players and 1 former player, in which nothing was stolen (I believe all 4 of them ended up pleading to felonies but getting relatively modest sentences, involving several months of hardcore outdoor camp outside of prison); run of the mill but serious assault charges by 2 or 3 players, one of whom was also involved in the house break-in (one or two of these charges were dropped or the player was acquitted); and a DUI.

One of these players was a transfer who had had a significant legal problem 5 years earlier while a junior in high school. One was a transfer who had had no publicized legal issues. One was a transfer who had had a legal issue that had not been known to UM when he transferred, because he had resolved the issue before he transferred and his prior coaches hadn't mentioned it to UM. However, he didn't fulfill his part of the resolution, and the matter came back to life and became public after he got into trouble at UM. The 4 others had not had any publicized prior legal issues.

These legal problems were magnified because they came on the heels of all of the legal/criminal issues involving current and former Montana State football and basketball players, in my view.

GOKATS
August 29th, 2008, 09:43 PM
1. UM football has a relatively high GPA average, many players get academic all-conference recognition, and the graduation rate continues to be fairly high. Who were the UM football Rhodes scholars, just out of curiosity?

Hauck has not damaged UM with recruiting in any respect. In fact, he has recruited more Montana kids than prior coaches, and seems to be bringing in a higher number of high quality recruits. That's why UM's depth is so good.

2. It is a different era. These days many true frosh are able to play and contribute right away--and more do so at many schools. One of the way to attract topnotch recruits who have good I-A offers is to tell them they'll be able to play early.

Of UM's 4 players from last season's team who are now on NFL rosters, none of them redshirted their first season. "Burning" redshirts is non-issue. I-A dropdowns are taken by most top programs these days.

3. Won-loss record is one of the main factors of regional/national image. UM has an excellent regional and national image.

4 and 5. Yes, I'm as proud of the team and coaches as under prior coaches. The program has been excellent for 15 or 20 years. The programs continues to be near the top. Some aspects of the program have improved in recent years. Increased season tickets. Stadium expansions. More televised games (all in recent years). Strength coach just for football. The team won all of its conference games in the past two years, for the first time in history. First ever Buchanan winner last year. All-american kicker set I-AA scoring record last season, breaking old record set 4 years ago by another UM all-american kicker. One of 2 I-AA teams to be in playoffs each of the past 5 years.

6. UM has had no publicized criminal or other bad behavior issues for over 9 months, except for a DUI charge which turned out to be bogus and was dropped within 2 weeks, to my knowledge. UM had a horrible period of 5-1/2 months in '07. Prior to that time, there had been very few publicized legal issues in the past 5 years.

The legal issues in that short period were: a murder in CA, in which it sounds like former player may have a good defense; a break-in of the house of a minor drug dealer, involving 3 current players and 1 former player, in which nothing was stolen (I believe all 4 of them ended up pleading to felonies but getting relatively modest sentences, involving several months of hardcore outdoor camp outside of prison); run of the mill but serious assault charges by 2 or 3 players, one of whom was also involved in the house break-in (one or two of these charges were dropped or the player was acquitted); and a DUI.

One of these players was a transfer who had had a significant legal problem 5 years earlier while a junior in high school. One was a transfer who had had no publicized legal issues. One was a transfer who had had a legal issue that had not been known to UM when he transferred, because he had resolved the issue before he transferred and his prior coaches hadn't mentioned it to UM. However, he didn't fulfill his part of the resolution, and the matter came back to life and became public after he got into trouble at UM. The 4 others had not had any publicized prior legal issues.

These legal problems were magnified because they came on the heels of all of the legal/criminal issues involving current and former Montana State football and basketball players, in my view.

That's bull***** and you know it! Give me a break!!

SteelCurtain
August 29th, 2008, 09:45 PM
Not sure about other programs out there but at NDSU we rarely play a freshman unless of injury.

and as far as the coach doesn't know what these guys are doing. That doesnt' hold water in my book. Of course they can't be with them 24/7 but if you recruit the right kind of kid you don't have to worry about that. As an example, here at SU one of the things our Coach is most proud of he has not had one major incident in his five years here. He talks about that all the time. He mentions we only recruit kids with character. He has passed on many kids because of this.

Wolfman
August 30th, 2008, 11:25 AM
First of all...you need to be on the threads long enough to realize that everyone picks on the griz because of the success they've had. Whenever the three crimes or whatever happened...posters pounce. And they only know of these things becuase of the threads. What players do is up to them. Hauck doesn't make them fill out a sheet on what crimes they intend to commit while at the University. How is he supposed to know? Quinn was the only sketch record. Wilson had one felony or something like that. Is Hauck supposed to deny him access to the program for a mistake? Seriously, think about these posts before you go on and rant about them.

Oh yeah, poor wittle Griz, everyone picks on them because of Griz envy. Isn't that what guys like you think?

You are so wrong in saying that "Quinn was the only sketch record", whatever that means. Did you conveniently forget about Shelton, kicked off U. of Arizona for multiple infractions of team rules, including criminal activity, played for Hauck for less than 2 months before arrested for armed robbery, pistol whipping and using a stun gun on his victum. Oh, and there was Russum, kicked off ASU for criminally filming sex acts of a young coed, The RB from Iowa State, kicked off that team for multiple criminal activities, Craig Chambers, kicked off UDUB for multiple team infractions, the U. of AZ CB kicked off that team for multiple infractions.

Then there was Wilson, in jail for murder. Pate, et. al. for felony. I'm sure that you were very proud when the police met the team bus in Missoula last year to arrest several players as the exited the bus following the trip back from Pocatello. Even made ESPN. Something for all of us to be proud of for our program and our wonderful head coach.

Funny how wearing maroon colored glasses has been linked to amnesia.

Wolfman
August 30th, 2008, 11:35 AM

Green26, is the unofficial sugar coating "spokesperson" and spin doctor for Grizzly football. He sucks up to the Griz coaching staff, goes by the screen name "Player Rep" on the Griz message board, insinuating that he speaks and respresents the players in his posts.

However, the players I know think he is a butt-kissing POS, and laugh at his self-perceived importance.

His post in this thread is indeed a joke, as he lamely attempts to justify the many criminal transgressions of Hauck's recruits as being "not as bad as they may look". Yeah, that murder in CA was not really a murder, eh Greenie? Oh the 1st degree muder charges were reduced by plea bargaining/ Gee, that makes me feel better now! You are truly an embarrassment to the Griz fan base, and your weak excuses for these Hauck criminals makes a mockery of the UM program to the national audience.

IABison
August 30th, 2008, 11:39 AM
All griz fans should immediately quit going to any football games. Then Wolffy will be happy again.

Grizaholic17
August 30th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Oh yeah, poor wittle Griz, everyone picks on them because of Griz envy. Isn't that what guys like you think?

You are so wrong in saying that "Quinn was the only sketch record", whatever that means. Did you conveniently forget about Shelton, kicked off U. of Arizona for multiple infractions of team rules, including criminal activity, played for Hauck for less than 2 months before arrested for armed robbery, pistol whipping and using a stun gun on his victum. Oh, and there was Russum, kicked off ASU for criminally filming sex acts of a young coed, The RB from Iowa State, kicked off that team for multiple criminal activities, Craig Chambers, kicked off UDUB for multiple team infractions, the U. of AZ CB kicked off that team for multiple infractions.

Then there was Wilson, in jail for murder. Pate, et. al. for felony. I'm sure that you were very proud when the police met the team bus in Missoula last year to arrest several players as the exited the bus following the trip back from Pocatello. Even made ESPN. Something for all of us to be proud of for our program and our wonderful head coach.

Okay, Seriously dude, you need to settle down. I'm a little confused on your motive here. Do you wish to put down the Griz program? I'm a die hard Griz fan, I love them. THey are my oxygen. The actions of certain players isn't going to get me down on the team and the coach like it has to you. If all you're going to do is bash a team you apparently support, than maybe you should take it up with the staff. Doing it here and bashing on innocent posters like myself won't get you what you want. I am just stating that Hauck might give players second chances...but do you think he just let's them join? You don't think he makes them sign a contract or personally tell them that criminal activity is not acceptable? I just wish "fans" like you wouldn't post here, or be a griz fan period, because all you do is bring down the program and believe in the litle brain you have that people just think the griz are criminals. People on this board have a lot more respect for the griz and other programs than you think. They might poke fun at it, but they appreciate great football and great teams. So before you fo be a debbie downer just settle down and enjoy the board for the positive things instead of going on your rants about how bad the coaching staff is for allowing a few bad players apparently wreck the decades long tradition of griz football in one season. Nice thinking there wolf.

IABison
August 30th, 2008, 11:42 AM
I donate to the GSA, and have season tickets.

I don't believe it.

If you're really as unhappy as you sound, and you still buy season tickets and donate to the scholarship association, you're a sap.

Green26
August 30th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Another correction of a Wolfman comment.

Shelton was not involved in criminal activity before he came to UM. (Nothing was ever mentioned in any newspaper or egriz reports.)

Shelton was not kicked off his prior I-A team. While he had been suspended during spring ball for not being timely at meetings and/or academics, his suspension had ended when he decided to leave the program.

In the house break-in, I think Shelton may have gotten the lightest sentence. According to the police affidavit, it appeared that he had gone to the break-in, but had not entered the house.

uofmman1122
August 30th, 2008, 02:14 PM
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t109/Marty_Grant1122/facepalmsy6.jpg

I Bleed Purple
August 30th, 2008, 03:03 PM
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t109/Marty_Grant1122/facepalmsy6.jpg
Is that a typical Bozeman response?

mlbowl
August 30th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Is that a typical Bozeman response?

LMFAO!xlolx

uofmman1122
August 30th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Is that a typical Bozeman response?Ummm.....yes? xlolx

uofmman1122
August 30th, 2008, 03:10 PM
I always thought this was a more typical Bozeman response:

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t109/Marty_Grant1122/um251.jpg

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

TO THE SMACK SECTION!!!! xlolxxsmiley_wix

grizband
August 30th, 2008, 04:05 PM
Look, nobody is saying that the vast majority of Griz football players are not great kids, who covet a college degree, and are upstanding student/athletes. I firmly believe that they are. However, to attempt to dismiss Hauck's penchant for taking other teams' problem-kids, and try to state that his problems were limited to last year, is plain wrong. The number of players dismissed for criminal activities under Hauck is getting longer each year.

I can honestly say that I can not remember a single player dismissed from Read, Dennehey, or Glenn's teams for criminal activity, unless David Gober (beating his girlfriend) or Vernon Smith (brandishing a gun) was under Glenn's watch. I think they were under Bobby. Are there others? If so, I would like for anyone to tell us who they were, because I can not remember any.
Smith was in 2002 (Glenn), not sure about Gober - at least that's how I remember it. xchinscratchx

DuckDuckGriz
August 30th, 2008, 04:06 PM
The only player I remember Joe Glenn dismissing is Brandon Malcom, the running back. I think he had previous run-ins with the law and I remember Glenn describing the situation that Malcom didn't exactly have "both oars in the water."

Other than that I think a punter got a DUI under Glenn and the DeCoite brothers were caught poaching. But they were not dismissed obviously.

grizband
August 30th, 2008, 04:08 PM

I could be wrong, but wasn't Russum aquitted of those charges? And hasn't he been an upstanding citizen in his time playing for Missoula? If so, then give the kid a break - I agree on the rest, although as far as I know there was never an indication of Wilson's character, and Shelton's record was never mentioned.

grizband
August 30th, 2008, 04:09 PM
The only player I remember Joe Glenn dismissing is Brandon Malcom, the running back. I think he had previous run-ins with the law and I remember Glenn describing the situation that Malcom didn't exactly have "both oars in the water."

Other than that I think a punter got a DUI under Glenn and the DeCoite brothers were caught poaching. But they were not dismissed obviously.
Oh yeah, Petek almost couldn't play a game to, cuz he was in a bar fight...but shh, don't talk about that.

DuckDuckGriz
August 30th, 2008, 04:13 PM
Oh yeah, Petek almost couldn't play a game to, cuz he was in a bar fight...but shh, don't talk about that.

And we will also not talk about the Johnnie Peeples meth fiasco, granted that was after his time at UM but that is still a Glenn player.

Peems
August 30th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Also Chambers wasn't kicked off the team, he didn't play because of injury his senior year.

Green26
August 30th, 2008, 04:31 PM
Chambers didn't have any legal issues at UW or UM. While he and the UW coach didn't click, he was in good standing and chose to leave UW on his own. I don't believe Russum was ever charged with anything in Arizona, but certainly nothing came of it. I believe his incident involved his roommate videotaping him and his girlfriend during his redshirt year. He's a terrific kid, and player.

uofmman1122
August 30th, 2008, 04:42 PM
Also Chambers wasn't kicked off the team, he didn't play because of injury his senior year.Peems, that's just what they want you to believe. xnonox

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

ALPHAGRIZ1
August 30th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Fact- The current coaching staff of the Griz are currently feuding and half of them hate Phen Phen. Not second hand hearsay, just straight from 2 coaches mouths with 3 others sitting there agreeing.

Spin that PlayaRape.

I Bleed Purple
August 30th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Fact- The current coaching staff of the Griz are currently feuding and half of them hate Phen Phen. Not second hand hearsay, just straight from 2 coaches mouths with 3 others sitting there agreeing.

Spin that PlayaRape.

I thought it was a good thing to hate Phen Phen. Wasn't there all sorts of lawsuits and deaths relating to it?

http://www.consultwebs.com/images/fen_phen.jpg

Wolfman
August 30th, 2008, 08:21 PM
Look at Greenie and others attempt to spin the fact that Hauck routinely signs IA kids who have been kicked off their teams for either criminal activities, or chronic breaking of team rules. We have become a melting pot for "second chances". We are the Cincinnati Bengals of college football.

Green26, you are pathetic attempting to defend Shelton. So, he was the "least involved" in the felony activities????? Is that like being "a little bit pregnant?

Yes, I am a long-time Griz fan. Perhaps that is the problem. I was spoiled by watching an exciting brand of football, played against competitive teams, with student athletes who were a credit to the university. I was spoiled by Griz teams who played in the National Championship game in 5 of 10 years, winning it all twice. Many of you newbies simply accept Hauck's program as being the norm. It is not. He learned his questionable tactics well, under one of the biggest sleaze-balz in all of college football.... Rick Neuweasel.

I will not be happy until Hauck goes bye-bye, and we return this once-proud program to the elite national status it once enjoyed. We are a pretender now, instead of a contender. "One-n-done" Bobby Hauck has dumbed down this program. Me and the other fans, who answer to a higher authority, and are unafraid to expose Hauck for what he is, are the real good fans. I suggest many of you look into a mirror and stop burying your head in the sand about Bobby Hauck.

I will not be

IABison
August 30th, 2008, 08:39 PM
How hard would it be for the mods to create a new thread folder entitled "Griz Fans Who Hate Hauck". The Griz season hasn't even started yet, but yet there seems to be enough of these threads already for them to warrant their own folder.

xcoffeex

I Bleed Purple
August 30th, 2008, 08:54 PM
I was waiting for the elitist attitude to come out, and now I have it.

I'm happy now.

mlbowl
August 31st, 2008, 01:42 AM
"One-n-done" Bobby Hauck has dumbed down this program.

You just stick to your "no name calling" seriousnessxrolleyesx ...we lost on a last minute field goal to a VERY GOOD Wofford team...btw, may I use your season tickets for the Central Washington game?

DuckDuckGriz
August 31st, 2008, 01:44 AM
I believe Wolfman and alpha are the same person xconfusedx xlolx

Say - is this the same Wolfman that was so "popular" on eGriz a couple years back? No smack, jw.

GOKATS
August 31st, 2008, 02:17 AM
I just can't believe all this naysaying, criticism about hauck! I for one hope that he is the coach of the grizzlies from now until eternity.xnodx xnodx :p

DuckDuckGriz
August 31st, 2008, 02:36 AM
I just can't believe all this naysaying, criticism about hauck! I for one hope that he is the coach of the grizzlies from now until eternity.xnodx xnodx :p

Really? He is 52-14 overall and has not lost a game in the BSC since 2005.

Screamin_Eagle174
August 31st, 2008, 08:50 AM
Really? He is 52-14 overall and has not lost a game in the BSC since 2005.

Who'd they lose to?

xwhistlex

Proud Griz Man
August 31st, 2008, 10:04 AM
All griz fans should immediately quit going to any football games. Then Wolffy will be happy again.

No, some people will always be Unhappy and Bitter. xcoffeex

Wolfman
August 31st, 2008, 12:15 PM
That's right, the season has not begun yet, and those of us who deal in reality, are lamenting another season of Bobby-ball. Since when does being a fan mean that one has to like the head coach, or condone his behavior? I will never compromise my support of the Griz football team. However, I will also not turn my head and accept what Bobby Hauck has done to this program. Our offense is not even high school caliber. Hauck could not win a big game if his life depended on it. We beat the Cats 17 straight years, until Hauck came along and loses two games to them. What else do you need to know about our wonder boy?

If more Griz fans had the guts to be vocal, we could get rid of him and move back towards the elite national status we held for over a decade. I assure it it will not happen under Hauck's guidance. We used to be one of the top 3 teams nationally. We are not even a top 10 team now.

So, get used to a loss versus Cal Poly, a bunch of boring, underperforming exhibitions against patsies in which the usual excuses are made about the offense, and another early exit from the playoffs....... providing we even get in this year.

ALPHAGRIZ1
August 31st, 2008, 12:23 PM

Say - is this the same Wolfman that was so "popular" on eGriz a couple years back? No smack, jw.

Come meet me at our tailgate in Missoula if your around, i post under one name and always have. I know who Wolfman is because he ran out of the back of the Mo Club with his elder posse when I showed up there after he dared me to come downtown and make comments to his face.

Here is how the conversation went, I walked up and asked if he was Wolfman/Seattle/AZGriz, two of his posse asked "who wants to know" I said AG1. Then 2 drops of pee ran out of his adult diaper and they all started heading for the back door. They seemed like the backdoor type.

I yelled, "Have a good night" and that was the end. A few fellow eGrizzers witnessed the whole thing and we laughed all the way home.

He is old but still pretty quick, but I assure you it isn't moi".

Wolfman
August 31st, 2008, 12:48 PM
Come meet me at our tailgate in Missoula if your around, i post under one name and always have. I know who Wolfman is because he ran out of the back of the Mo Club with his elder posse when I showed up there after he dared me to come downtown and make comments to his face.

Here is how the conversation went, I walked up and asked if he was Wolfman/Seattle/AZGriz, two of his posse asked "who wants to know" I said AG1. Then 2 drops of pee ran out of his adult diaper and they all started heading for the back door. They seemed like the backdoor type.

I yelled, "Have a good night" and that was the end. A few fellow eGrizzers witnessed the whole thing and we laughed all the way home.

He is old but still pretty quick, but I assure you it isn't moi".

Are you still trying to get mileage out of that wet dream? Guess fabricating stories about calling out 60 year old guys puffs up your chest, eh Alphie? You know it never happened, and I know it never happened. If you intimidated some old guy in the Mo Club, just understand that it was not this poster.

So, if posting it every couple of months raises your sperm count, go for it.

nevadagriz
August 31st, 2008, 01:51 PM
Warning to all ags members
These types of posts will increase ten fold the next couple of weeks, If the griz lose to Poly giving these anti-hauck posters much more ammo. Now I must say I fear Poly not because the griz suck or because bobby sucks or any other reason other then the fact that Poly is freaking scary on offense. They also have a very good defense.

I will be rooting my head off for a griz victory! I just wanted to forewarn my fellow AGS posters of what could be on the horizonxnonono2x

ALPHAGRIZ1
August 31st, 2008, 02:26 PM
Are you still trying to get mileage out of that wet dream? Guess fabricating stories about calling out 60 year old guys puffs up your chest, eh Alphie? You know it never happened, and I know it never happened. If you intimidated some old guy in the Mo Club, just understand that it was not this poster.

So, if posting it every couple of months raises your sperm count, go for it.

You called me out, I showed up to say hi and your ran.

I can understand that you wouldn't want to fess up but "I gots me sum witnesses that saw ya". If your 60 and run your mouth what do you expect?

It's ok, I still think your alright, at least you are accurate on Griz football.

uofmman1122
August 31st, 2008, 02:53 PM
xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

Wow, you guys are just the pinnacle of sports fans that any team would be proud to claim.

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

ALPHAGRIZ1
August 31st, 2008, 03:05 PM
We both don't care what you think, hence why we have "real" opinions rather than the same tired talking points year after year stroking a very average coaching staff.

Wolfman
September 1st, 2008, 11:28 AM
Anyone who calls himself a Griz fan, but will not admit that our program is a shell of its former self in many areas, is a pedestrian fan at best, and clueless about football at worst.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 1st, 2008, 11:48 AM
Anyone that posts sweeping gens about other Griz fans that don't agree with their assessment of the current state of Griz football is an old queen.

Man this black and white thinking is easy and fun.

Wolfman
September 1st, 2008, 11:55 AM
Anyone that posts sweeping gens about other Griz fans that don't agree with their assessment of the current state of Griz football is an old queen.

Man this black and white thinking is easy and fun.

Is that the best you got? Weak.

Montanan
September 1st, 2008, 12:06 PM

possibly, but a more subdued version! the old Wolfy couldn't post a line without referencing particular body parts and their possible usages. pretty tame stuff, so far, when compared to his former posting demeanor.

I Bleed Purple
September 1st, 2008, 03:21 PM
Hey, so long as we Boone fans get entertainment out of his well spoken stupidity, I have no problem with him posting.

placidlakegriz
September 1st, 2008, 04:13 PM
Yea, our coach sucks. From todays Missoulain

BILL SPELTZ: Bloodlines important for Bobby Hauck

Six years ago, the son of an ex-Marine and high school football coach came to Missoula with his own ideas about hard work and discipline.

Most folks like him. Others never will.(Think wolfman) But Montana coach Bobby Hauck has put together the most successful five-year football run in the history of the Big Sky Conference, and it's not because of rabid fans, a sparkling stadium or the silly notion that anyone who takes the job will be successful.

It's because Hauck has never wavered from the basic principles he learned as a boy. Principles passed on from his dad growing up in Big Timber.

“He had a lot of impact on who I am,” Bobby Hauck said of Bob, who died in March. “He and his father, if I had things I could change about myself, I'd be more like them. When I see faults in myself, it's because I'm not enough like them.

“When you lose someone like that who is dear to you, there's certain days throughout the year when the feeling is more prevalent. Certainly football Saturdays will be one of those for me.”

Some say Hauck and his Griz are in a tough position in 2008. No matter how many times their inexperience is documented by the media, some fans won't understand if they're not 11-1 again.

Hauck has his own way of looking at his situation. And just like seasons past, his father's wisdom helps shape his viewpoint.

“It's interesting because whether I was at UCLA, Colorado, Washington or whatever, with coaches that have coached at every level, a lot of things they talked about were things my dad was doing in the '60s, '70s and '80s,” Hauck said of his 10 years as a big-time college assistant. “If you have those three things - mental and physical toughness, discipline and attention to detail - you have a chance to be a pretty good football team regardless of what your talent level or your experience is.

“Those are things I think we have. My belief is this young team will come a long way as the season goes on. I don't even know if we can compete in the game we play next weekend (at Cal Poly). But I think it's going to be fun to watch them progress.”

Players who work with Hauck on a daily basis have noticed a subtle change in the coach this season. For those who care about the 44-year-old father of four, it's good news.

“He runs a pretty tight ship, but I think he's trying to have a little more fun,” Montana quarterback Cole Bergquist said Saturday at Media Day. “You have to be a little loose when you have this many young guys that are going to need to step up and play.

“But I don't think you could ever say Coach Hauck ever coached anything loose.”

Any fun Hauck is having now will fade quickly in the absence of success. Even an Iowa scribe who just blew into town on a combine can quickly surmise he despises losing.

His competitive fire, and the talent of his well-drilled offense, are key reasons why Montana will win its 11th straight league title.

Then the same old rumors will surface about Bobby bolting for a big-time coaching job. It happens without fail each December - as if Montana's football program can never be more than a stepping stone.

If Hauck ever does leave, so be it. Ambition is not a dirty word.

But before the rumors start flying again, maybe it's time we take Hauck's words at face value and appreciate this hard-working Montanan for what he's accomplished.

“The day I took the job, all the reporters were asking how long I was going to be here,” Hauck said Saturday. “Well, now I've been here longer than anybody but Don Read in the modern era.

“The reason I'm still here is because I enjoy it. I like it here. This is my school, too. I like our kids. I'm an alum and this place is important to me.”

Sounds like the young Griz are in good hands.

Grizaholic17
September 1st, 2008, 04:32 PM
Yea, our coach sucks. From todays Missoulain

BILL SPELTZ: Bloodlines important for Bobby Hauck

Six years ago, the son of an ex-Marine and high school football coach came to Missoula with his own ideas about hard work and discipline.

Most folks like him. Others never will.(Think wolfman) But Montana coach Bobby Hauck has put together the most successful five-year football run in the history of the Big Sky Conference, and it's not because of rabid fans, a sparkling stadium or the silly notion that anyone who takes the job will be successful.

It's because Hauck has never wavered from the basic principles he learned as a boy. Principles passed on from his dad growing up in Big Timber.

“He had a lot of impact on who I am,” Bobby Hauck said of Bob, who died in March. “He and his father, if I had things I could change about myself, I'd be more like them. When I see faults in myself, it's because I'm not enough like them.

“When you lose someone like that who is dear to you, there's certain days throughout the year when the feeling is more prevalent. Certainly football Saturdays will be one of those for me.”

Some say Hauck and his Griz are in a tough position in 2008. No matter how many times their inexperience is documented by the media, some fans won't understand if they're not 11-1 again.

Hauck has his own way of looking at his situation. And just like seasons past, his father's wisdom helps shape his viewpoint.

“It's interesting because whether I was at UCLA, Colorado, Washington or whatever, with coaches that have coached at every level, a lot of things they talked about were things my dad was doing in the '60s, '70s and '80s,” Hauck said of his 10 years as a big-time college assistant. “If you have those three things - mental and physical toughness, discipline and attention to detail - you have a chance to be a pretty good football team regardless of what your talent level or your experience is.

“Those are things I think we have. My belief is this young team will come a long way as the season goes on. I don't even know if we can compete in the game we play next weekend (at Cal Poly). But I think it's going to be fun to watch them progress.”

Players who work with Hauck on a daily basis have noticed a subtle change in the coach this season. For those who care about the 44-year-old father of four, it's good news.

“He runs a pretty tight ship, but I think he's trying to have a little more fun,” Montana quarterback Cole Bergquist said Saturday at Media Day. “You have to be a little loose when you have this many young guys that are going to need to step up and play.

“But I don't think you could ever say Coach Hauck ever coached anything loose.”

Any fun Hauck is having now will fade quickly in the absence of success. Even an Iowa scribe who just blew into town on a combine can quickly surmise he despises losing.

His competitive fire, and the talent of his well-drilled offense, are key reasons why Montana will win its 11th straight league title.

Then the same old rumors will surface about Bobby bolting for a big-time coaching job. It happens without fail each December - as if Montana's football program can never be more than a stepping stone.

If Hauck ever does leave, so be it. Ambition is not a dirty word.

But before the rumors start flying again, maybe it's time we take Hauck's words at face value and appreciate this hard-working Montanan for what he's accomplished.

“The day I took the job, all the reporters were asking how long I was going to be here,” Hauck said Saturday. “Well, now I've been here longer than anybody but Don Read in the modern era.

“The reason I'm still here is because I enjoy it. I like it here. This is my school, too. I like our kids. I'm an alum and this place is important to me.”

Sounds like the young Griz are in good hands.

PERFECT!!!!!!!!! You get so many rep points for that. THis is exactly what I believe. Thankyou very much. Griz fans are serioulsy blind. I hate it

Wolfman
September 1st, 2008, 05:32 PM
I know at least 20 season ticket holders who do not like Bobby Hauck's coaching, thug recruiting, or inept offense. If you think that this Missoulian article proves that the majority of Griz fans approve of Hauck, may I interest you in some vacation land in Chad?

Do you really think that a sports reporter for The Missoulian will write an objective article about Hauck? If he did, he would never be welcomed by the UM atletic department again. It ain't gonna happen in a small town like Missoula. These writers will kiss Bobby's derrierre at all times. So easily duped, you are. xlolx

Green26
September 1st, 2008, 05:57 PM
The sportswriter that this sportswriter replaced, Rial Cummings, was frequently negative toward the football team and Hauck.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 1st, 2008, 06:32 PM
Is that the best you got? Weak.

Of course it's weak dumb ass, I was trying to match your effort. Apparently I succeeded.

I see dorks like you every week in Wa Griz talking your ***** about the team and the coaches and so forth. I can only assume that you not only played at this level but you must have also coached at this level since you are so well versed in all things football. Keep buying your tickets, and sitting in your seats amongst your friends talking about what play you would have called. Even a lot of your friends probably see you for the blow hard football pontificating POS that you present here.

Wolfman
September 1st, 2008, 06:35 PM
Of course it's weak dumb ass, I was trying to match your effort. Apparently I succeeded.

I see dorks like you every week in Wa Griz talking your ***** about the team and the coaches and so forth. I can only assume that you not only played at this level but you must have also coached at this level since you are so well versed in all things football. Keep buying your tickets, and sitting in your seats amongst your friends talking about what play you would have called. Even a lot of your friends probably see you for the blow hard football pontificating POS that you present here.

And weaker still...................xwhistlex

Wolfman
September 1st, 2008, 06:38 PM
The sportswriter that this sportswriter replaced, Rial Cummings, was frequently negative toward the football team and Hauck.

You are correct. Rial Cummings was the only objective sportswriter regarding Griz the Missoulian has had. And, he was banned from interviews by Bobby Hauck. Rial had some balz. and I respect him for it, as do many others.

Tod
September 1st, 2008, 06:44 PM
And weaker still...................xwhistlex

This is the weakest (and laziest) response of all. xlolx xlolx xlolx

SteelCurtain
September 1st, 2008, 06:54 PM
Those are things I think we have. My belief is this young team will come a long way as the season goes on. I don't even know if we can compete in the game we play next weekend (at Cal Poly). But I think it's going to be fun to watch them progress.”

I don't even know if we can compete in the game we play next weekend???? That would be the guy I want coaching my team..

Wolfman
September 1st, 2008, 07:00 PM
This is the weakest (and laziest) response of all. xlolx xlolx xlolx

Why should I respond to testosterone induced name calling? If he gets a woody doing so, let him have his fun.

IABison
September 1st, 2008, 07:08 PM
xpopcornx

ursus arctos horribilis
September 1st, 2008, 07:08 PM
Why should I respond to testosterone induced name calling? If he gets a woody doing so, let him have his fun.

I would appreciate it if you would stop thinking about me having a woody. I would also appreciate it if you could stop being a dumb ass. Thank you in advance.

uofmman1122
September 1st, 2008, 07:09 PM
Those are things I think we have. My belief is this young team will come a long way as the season goes on. I don't even know if we can compete in the game we play next weekend (at Cal Poly). But I think it's going to be fun to watch them progress.”

I don't even know if we can compete in the game we play next weekend???? That would be the guy I want coaching my team..I think you misplaced your Tylenol with more Griz-hating Viagra. xwhistlexxlolx

You're making Bobcat fans look good. xlolx

Poly Pigskin
September 1st, 2008, 07:28 PM

I don't even know if we can compete in the game we play next weekend???? That would be the guy I want coaching my team..

Or, you know, maybe he's just saying that to get his players a little more motivated to prove they can compete. xcoffeex

Wolfman
September 2nd, 2008, 10:24 AM
I would appreciate it if you would stop thinking about me having a woody. I would also appreciate it if you could stop being a dumb ass. Thank you in advance.

3,135 posts. Looks like you've got your woody well in hand. xsmiley_wix

appfan2008
September 2nd, 2008, 10:41 AM
3,135 posts. Looks like you've got your woody well in hand. xsmiley_wix

what?

that is stupid and doesnt make sense...

grizband
September 2nd, 2008, 10:43 AM
That's right, the season has not begun yet, and those of us who deal in reality, are lamenting another season of Bobby-ball. Since when does being a fan mean that one has to like the head coach, or condone his behavior? I will never compromise my support of the Griz football team. However, I will also not turn my head and accept what Bobby Hauck has done to this program. Our offense is not even high school caliber. Hauck could not win a big game if his life depended on it. We beat the Cats 17 straight years, until Hauck came along and loses two games to them. What else do you need to know about our wonder boy?

If more Griz fans had the guts to be vocal, we could get rid of him and move back towards the elite national status we held for over a decade. I assure it it will not happen under Hauck's guidance. We used to be one of the top 3 teams nationally. We are not even a top 10 team now.

So, get used to a loss versus Cal Poly, a bunch of boring, underperforming exhibitions against patsies in which the usual excuses are made about the offense, and another early exit from the playoffs....... providing we even get in this year.
Wolfy, you do realize Glenn coached the game in 2002 when the Cats ended the streak, right?

Appaholic
September 2nd, 2008, 10:49 AM
I know at least 20 season ticket holders who do not like Bobby Hauck's coaching, thug recruiting, or inept offense. If you think that this Missoulian article proves that the majority of Griz fans approve of Hauck, may I interest you in some vacation land in Chad?

Do you really think that a sports reporter for The Missoulian will write an objective article about Hauck? If he did, he would never be welcomed by the UM atletic department again. It ain't gonna happen in a small town like Missoula. These writers will kiss Bobby's derrierre at all times. So easily duped, you are. xlolx

Then why are you still season ticket holders? If you find the product Hauck puts out so distateful, then why continue to subject yourself to the torture of watching it? If you are that miserable, then quit watching.....life's too short....

ursus arctos horribilis
September 2nd, 2008, 10:52 AM
what?

that is stupid and doesnt make sense...

You're gonna get that when you get a confused old queen posting appfan. Some things you just have to endure and he is one of them apparently.

BTW, I think your quote can now be used summarily as a reply to everything that he posts and I will be using it frequently if you don't mind.

Wolfman
September 2nd, 2008, 11:36 AM
You're gonna get that when you get a confused old queen posting appfan. Some things you just have to endure and he is one of them apparently.

BTW, I think your quote can now be used summarily as a reply to everything that he posts and I will be using it frequently if you don't mind.

I have forgotten more about the game of football than you know. JUst because you were cut from your 8th grade squad, and spent the next 10 years making 3000 posts on a message board, doen not give you knowledge of football. Save your sophomoric responses for someone who may give a *****!

I am in the majority of Griz fans, who want Hauck and Phen Phen GONE! Most are silent, and do not waste their time posting on stupid message boards, but they are out there.

95% of Griz fans who post on these boards do not have the gonads to state their disgust with Bobby Hauck, for fear that idiots like you will call them bad fans. I could care less. Those of us in the know, understand this. Keep stroking youself off about being a "good Griz fan", while the Bob-n-Rob show continues to bring a former elite national power back into the pack of wannabee prentenders.

Appaholic
September 2nd, 2008, 11:42 AM
I have forgotten more about the game of football than you know. JUst because you were cut from your 8th grade squad, and spent the next 10 years making 3000 posts on a message board, doen not give you knowledge of football. Save your sophomoric responses for someone who may give a *****!

I am in the majority of Griz fans, who want Hauck and Phen Phen GONE! Most are silent, and do not waste their time posting on stupid message boards, but they are out there.

95% of Griz fans who post on these boards do not have the gonads to state their disgust with Bobby Hauck, for fear that idiots like you will call them bad fans. I could care less. Those of us in the know, understand this. Keep stroking youself off about being a "good Griz fan", while the Bob-n-Rob show continues to bring a former elite national power back into the pack of wannabee prentenders.

I didn't realize there were only 40 grizzly fans, you, since you and the other 20 season ticket holders make up a majority as you say.......if you are so knowledgable, then why aren't you directing your vitriolic anger towards the athletic department instead of a message board......go rant smewhere else....you stated in your first post of this thread you wanted feedback on what other griz fans thought of your statements......they told you, you didn't like, now you are crying......

CrazyCat
September 2nd, 2008, 11:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSoAj-Mf2Eo

AZGrizFan
September 2nd, 2008, 12:27 PM

Wow. A whole 20? xrolleyesx Whatever will the Griz do? xeekx xeekx We could have Pete Fricking Carroll coaching this team, and I could find 20 Griz fans (starting with you) who wouldn't be happy with his coaching, thug recruiting or inept offense. Try getting out of your own little world ocassionally...it's really pretty cool out here. xrolleyesx

Montanan
September 2nd, 2008, 12:33 PM
i see Wolfy has started his "Phase 1" body part references, and moved on to his "Phase 2" vast football knowledge posts. "Phase 3" will be his business success and wealth posts (i can buy and sell you x # of times stuff). finally, Wolfy will post using combinations of the above Phases.

Wolfy tried using a 4th phase once, "influential friends within the program". this brought about so much board laughter Mr. Wolfy ceased using it! :(

Mountaineer
September 2nd, 2008, 12:40 PM
"Phase 3" will be his business success and wealth posts (i can buy and sell you x # of times stuff).

xlolx xlolx

Reminds of a JMU fan a year or two ago, Madisonian, who pulled that in the smack forum. Nothing says "tool" quicker than discussing your portfolio on a message board. :p

Really though..I'm surprised ya'll even bother responding to him or alpha1.

I believe you guys can be comfortable in knowing 95% of the FCS would give their left nut for the success, fanbase, stadium, etc. the Griz have. xthumbsupx